Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Why Do Humans Feel The Need For A God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Humans Feel The Need For A God (500 Views)

"I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola / Why Do Humans Feel The Need For A God? / Dear Atheist, Do You Feel The Need To Be Thankful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Humans Feel The Need For A God by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 21, 2014
ood evening
people. I ask this question because
of the fact that almost all humans in the world
believe in some kind of super powerful being above
them who requires absolute servitude from them. I
just have to ask, do we need a god (or gods)? Does
it matter if god is real or not? Why do humans feel
so much need for a god?
Re: Why Do Humans Feel The Need For A God by davdandam(m): 11:17pm On Aug 21, 2014
I'll just answer you with a Question, are you self aware?as in are you conscious of your being and the fact that you are alive? Where were you before you were born and when you die where will you go or will you just stop as abruptly as you were born? If you can answer this then you've become a god and have no need for one.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Humans Feel The Need For A God by acenazt: 12:14am On Aug 22, 2014
The Human created God since he started feeling guilty for his actions.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Humans Feel The Need For A God by finofaya: 4:09am On Aug 22, 2014
God is our attempt to breathe life into hope in the face of an uncaring world.

But if God exists he is the one that needs us. Eternity is a long time to spend alone. Especially for the emotional Gods.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Does It Mean To Be A Born Again Christian? / Walking In The Spirit / \

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.