Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. (32472 Views)

Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers / Your Experience Doing Business With Aliexpress Or Alibaba / Doing Business With 300,000 Naira Capital? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. by biopat(m): 10:52am On Aug 26, 2014
Benz4pimp:
E b like say me and u dey reason same way.a thai with this type of english is not possible,from his first post,i just dey laff,see format and migerians are gullible,kindly tell him to tell you the meaning of his email address,he as made good money from his so called biz and yet does not have a (scam)website.nigerians,u better shine your eyes,this is confirm scam,at the end of the day,d op will either tell you he as trucks to sell or one thing or the other.gullible nigerians are already praising him.even my cousin wey get just 2 trucks get website+email attached.

His use of words betrays him. That guy is a Nigerian. He even using words like "abi"

Many guys here C a Thai investor, I c another Remedy4gud (if u know what that guy did to nairalanders). This Thai guys might even b him....the way he uses words n his strategy look alike. Look at his user name self....mtcheww!
Remedy4gud acted like the Messiah, convinced gullible Nigerians n then, scammed them.

@All, be careful. When someone makes this kind of effort to give u a free biz idea (n he is not a blogger), u have to think twice.

To my "Thai" brother, I m sorry if I acted too pessimistic... but do u have a website? An office address?

4 Likes

Re: Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 26, 2014
iceberylin: The annoying part is Foreigners think Naija is a Great Country....

i jst laugh @ dia stupidiry

You should be worried about your stupidity, foolishness and laziness. Nigeria is moving at Usain bolt speed and hard working peeps are enjoying it and making money while lazy people like you are yet to see something good in it.

7 Likes

Re: Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. by iceberylin(m): 11:02am On Aug 26, 2014
[quote
author=gboss4sure]

You should be worried about your stupidity, foolishness and laziness.
Nigeria is moving at Usain bolt speed and hard working peeps are
enjoying it and making money while lazy people like you are yet to see
something good in it.[/quote]
Bolts Speed
Fool yaself

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. by MrT2011(m): 11:04am On Aug 26, 2014
biopat:

His use of words betrays him. That guy is a Nigerian. He even using words like "abi"

Many guys here C a Thai investor, I c another Remedy4gud (if u know what that guy did to nairalanders). This Thai guys might even b him....the way he uses words n his strategy look alike!

He acted like the Messiah, convinced gullible Nigerians n then, scam them.

Please must you cast? why don't you quietly watch, study, investigate and learn from the messages he is passing. Casting is Laziness!

2 Likes

Re: Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. by caesaraba(m): 11:08am On Aug 26, 2014
gboss4sure:

You should be worried about your stupidity, foolishness and laziness. Nigeria is moving at Usain bolt speed and hard working peeps are enjoying it and making money while lazy people like you are yet to see something good in it.

Honestly it`s so annoying. Everyday young smart thinking Nigerians are stepping up and breaking new grounds no matter how little then some lazy-brained naysayers who can`t see beyond their noses gather in front of their screens shouting ``No! It can`t be done.``

Is it not funny that the few people accusing the OP are doing so because he actually outlined how he got to where he is step by step?

Seun please take down this topic from the front page and put up something on Tonto Dike abeg. The battle is already lost.

8 Likes

Re: Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 26, 2014
koning: That's some pretty good English coming from someone from Thailand. Your write up is interesting, but i think you are not revealing your real motive.
Methinks that you are now an Independent transporter in need of more trucks for expansion.

Are you based in Lagos ?.
Very astute reasoning.
For all the doubters, I think anyone who gets scammed has been set up for failure from the start because this thread has due diligence in market research as one of the strong themes that stand out.
So if anyone is looking for short cuts or is intellectually lazy enough to go into a business without knowledge, then such a person deserves to be scammed.
This is one of the reasons why I am critical of the NDE-SME programs, because they are not structured to meet the needs of our economy, they throw money at meager projects, rather than looking out to mentor and broker the development of industrial enterprises from the scratch.

2 Likes

Re: Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. by macklef(m): 11:13am On Aug 26, 2014
biopat:

Many guys here C a Thai investor, I c another Remedy4gud (if u know what that guy did to nairalanders). This Thai guys might even b him....the way he uses words n his strategy look alike. Look at his user name self....mtcheww!
Remedy4gud acted like the Messiah, convinced gullible Nigerians n then, scam them.

@All, be careful. When someone makes this kind of effort to give u a free biz idea (n he is not blogger), u have think twice.

To my "Thai" brother, I m sorry if I acted to pessimistic... but do u have a website? An office? address.

Guys, u all already casting the OP are lame immature, whatever he has in mind(maybe negative) he might just shrink back n continue as a good boy. U dont catch someone red handed when his hands still in the pocket na, una for let qm land.
Me personally have my reservations, tho am not sure so i keep quiet n watch. But am sure u guys have spoilt it anyway, he might be very weary now.
ThaiANigeria moniker. Very aggressive moniker i must say.

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 26, 2014
Love this. ThaiAlNigeria, my father and I experienced many of the same problems you did. I'm learning a lot from this. Thank you for taking the time to detail your experiences. I'm emailing this to my dad.

When I get a chance later, will be back with questions.

3 Likes

Re: Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 26, 2014
Visited your website. Impressed. Sending your contact to my dad.
Re: Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. by biopat(m): 11:23am On Aug 26, 2014
MrT2011:

Please must you cast? why don't you quietly watch, study, investigate and learn from the messages he is passing. Casting is Laziness!

Hmmmmm.....maybe that is what I should have done but when Remedy4gud was acting like the gud guy, giving every thing for free, I suspected him. I asked a friend to help me go tru his thread n c if can find anything fishy. He did and found some inconsistencies. Thanks to him(my friend) n my "pessimistic" attitude, I did not fall pray to him.

I tot of pointing out my findings to his followers, but......I kept quiet. In d end he succeeded in scamming many.

I felt bad because I feel my actions would have saved some people from his trap.

From the username to his use of words to his dropping of the free "manna" bit by bit. I strongly feel it is the same guy!

When do Thai guys start using "abi"?

OK u believe him, ask him for his website n his office address!

3 Likes

Re: Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. by biopat(m): 11:26am On Aug 26, 2014
Re: Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 26, 2014
^^^^fact is everyone should be sharp including missmeiya.... corporate jungle demands ruthless players.

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. by agtbulksms: 11:29am On Aug 26, 2014
Are you a business owner wanting to communicate your business to your customers?
Are you an Organization wanting to send group messages such as event notifications, promotions or SMS alerts to staff?
Are you an individual looking to send a quick message or group text messages to your friends and relatives?
SEARCH NO MORE! ANSAHAM GLOBAL TECHNOLOGY offers you an opportunity to send bulk SMS to individuals, friends, relatives, organizations, companies etc at a cheapest price of 40kobo per SMS. register now at www.bulksms-agt.com & get an instant bonus. REGISTRATION IS FREE!!! you can also become our reseller and earn N200,000 monthly. For further enquiries please call the CEO Ansaham Global Technology on +2347035464430; +2348172100791; or email us on info.ansahamglobaltech@gmail.com

info.bulksms.agt@gmail.com
Re: Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. by emmaihunzeyah: 11:30am On Aug 26, 2014
pls my thai bro how much will it cost to have a truck
Re: Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 26, 2014
biopat:

Sister b careful!!!

Stop being stúpid.
Re: Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 26, 2014
lari03: ^^^^fact is everyone should be sharp including missmeiya.... corporate jungle demands ruthless players.

Don't @ me, I don't have time for rubbish.
Re: Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. by biopat(m): 11:32am On Aug 26, 2014
Re: Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 26, 2014
MissMeiya:

Don't @ me, I don't have time for rubbish.
suit your self, you could simply have ignored my comment... afterall its just a call to caution that would serve as a wake-up call to any one who reads the thread. Your insinuation is misguided.
Re: Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. by biopat(m): 11:35am On Aug 26, 2014
MissMeiya:

Stop being stúpid.

K Mam....Je suis désolé!
Re: Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. by MrT2011(m): 11:36am On Aug 26, 2014
biopat:

Hmmmmm.....maybe that is what I should have done but when Remedy4gud was acting like the gud guy, giving every thing for free, I suspected him. I asked a friend to help me go tru his thread n c if can find anything fishy. He did and found some inconsistencies. Thanks to him(my friend) n my "pessimistic" attitude, I did not fall pray to him.

I tot of pointing out my findings to his followers, but......I kept quiet. In d end he succeeded in scamming many.

I felt bad because I feel my actions would have saved some people from his trap.

From the username to his use of words to his dropping of the free "manner" bit by bit. I strongly feel it is the same guy!

When do Thai guys start using "abi"?

OK u believe him, ask him for his website n his office address!

You may be right. Am not saying don't suspect. What Am saying is let's quietly watch... And play along... Till then he might be genuine or scammer... We shall know.
Re: Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 26, 2014
lari03: suit your self, you could simply have ignored my comment... afterall its just a call to caution that would serve as a wake-up call to any one who reads the thread. Your insinuation is misguided.

Wake up call, based on what? If you want someone to take you seriously, use cold, hard FACTS. And use proper spelling and punctuation.

As an expat, my father and I experienced almost all of the problems the OP described. Even if you decide not to patronize his business, this thread is educational. Don't be a dunce.

10 Likes

Re: Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. by ceasare: 11:38am On Aug 26, 2014
@ ThaiANigeria: we are waiting oh! Come and Finnish yah story.we are waiting kwanu!!!

To all u can learn one or two business tricks from him as to investing with him (even though he hasn't indicated so without doing your due diligence then u hv yourself to blame.people should tread with caution when it comes to your hard earn money pls be extra vigilance " the wolf might come in form of a lamb"....he who have ear let him hear.

Last bullet: from his insight into d business I am learning more.for me its a case of hear the word and leave the preacher of the word.

3 Likes

Re: Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. by biopat(m): 11:40am On Aug 26, 2014
MrT2011:

You may be right. Am not saying don't suspect. What Am saying is let's quietly watch... And play along... Till then he might be genuine or scammer... We shall know.

People are already taking him serious!
Re: Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 26, 2014
Why cant you put your thoughts across without resorting to insults?
Re: Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. by edogirl2: 11:41am On Aug 26, 2014
Please Op,

1. how did you go from wanting to import rice, a business that requires hundreds of millions of naira, to wanting to import clothes of "$2000 -
$3,000?

2. I've always understood that only people with a special license (waiver?) from the Federal government could import rice through the ports,
though it is possible that this is no longer the case. If a waiver is required, why did this key requirement not feature in your list of
'challenges'

3. Per 1 above, if you had hundreds of millions of Naira to dabble in rice importation, how come you could not afford more than a couple or so 'used' trucks to start your trucking business and fell into the hands of so-called Jibbs

4. What's in it for you to reveal your 'business secrets' - what exactly is your ultimate goal.

Nigerians are fond of putting and often losing their life savings chasing the latest 'hot' business - so please do our people a favour and address the above questions so people can make clear-headed decisions.

11 Likes

Re: Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 26, 2014
MissMeiya:

Wake up call, based on what? If you want someone to take you seriously, use cold, hard FACTS. And use proper spelling and punctuation.

As an expat, my father and I experienced almost all of the problems the OP described. Even if you decide not to patronize his business, this thread is educational. Don't be a dunce.
Correct yourself as I have quoted this to emphasize your error!
Re: Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. by MrT2011(m): 11:43am On Aug 26, 2014
caesaraba:

Honestly it`s so annoying. Everyday young smart thinking Nigerians are stepping up and breaking new grounds no matter how little then some lazy-brained naysayers who can`t see beyond their noses gather in front of their screens shouting ``No! It can`t be done.``

Is it not funny that the few people accusing the OP are doing so because he actually outlined how he got to where he is step by step?

Seun please take down this topic from the front page and put up something on Tonto Dike abeg. The battle is already lost.

Hahahahahahshahahah
kiss kiss kiss
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. by biopat(m): 11:44am On Aug 26, 2014
ceasare: @ ThaiANigeria: we are waiting oh! Come and Finnish yah story.we are waiting kwanu!!!

To all u can learn one or two business tricks from him as to investing with him (even though he hasn't indicated so without doing your due diligence then u hv yourself to blame.people should tread with caution when it comes to your hard earn money pls be extra vigilance " the wolf might come in form of a lamb"....he who have ear let him hear.

Last bullet: from his insight into d business I am learning more.for me its a case of hear the word and leave the preacher of the word.

You are right Bro!

Remedy4gud I believe has some knowledge in recharge card printing biz. He used that knowledge to scam people!

#Hear d word, leave d preacher!
Re: Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. by caesaraba(m): 11:44am On Aug 26, 2014
biopat:

You are right Bro, but if he is for real, he will come back n prove himself!

Prove himself to you for sharing his experience? As who? As what? Has he offered any services? Has he said he is planning on offering any services?

"Let him come and prove himself." As if what the OP has done is an outrageously impossible thing.

Wake up bros. People with actual lives are also on NL. They can decide to make a post or two from time to time.

3 Likes

Re: Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. by ceasare: 11:44am On Aug 26, 2014
@ lari03 : u and missmeiya una no go let this Thai guy come finish his write up with una e-fight so!
@missmeiya : do u have another moniker ......Thai ANigeria grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. by ayodejy05(m): 11:50am On Aug 26, 2014
@OP. Hmmm thailander indeed!!! He's even referring to tokunbo trunk in one of his writings. How come you mentioned tokunbo truck (at least I expected him to write used truck). This is an upgraded scammer in disguise.

2 Likes

Re: Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 26, 2014
ceasare: @ lari03 : u and missmeiya una no go let this Thai guy come finish his write up with una e-fight so!
@missmeiya : do u have another moniker ......Thai ANigeria grin grin grin
Bro I appreciate your contributions, I don't like trouble. I just don't understand why harsh words like dunce or rubbish should be hurled at me. I made decent observations, surely I am entitled to an opinion even if it may not conform with popular opinions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Shell 2015 Livewire Apply Now!! / Dangote Now 64th Richest Person In The World - Bloomberg / Dangote Becomes $20m Wealthier, Maintains Spot As Africa’s Richest Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.