Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,580 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

Car Change Of Ownership - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Change Of Ownership (20628 Views)

Registration Of Vehicles/Change Of Ownership/Driver License / Car Change / What does Transfer of Ownership Car Document Entail ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Change Of Ownership by Jakjak: 6:17am On Jun 25, 2017
I just bought a registered car from someone. I want to change the ownership to mine then I spoke with someone working in a licensing office which he told me I will need to get my own new plate number alongside the change of ownership for a fee of 30k. The car already has a new plate number.

Does it mean i can't change ownership without changing the license plate?

Contributions pls. Thanks
Re: Car Change Of Ownership by eluquenson(m): 3:17pm On Jun 25, 2017
Jakjak:
I just bought a registered car from someone. I want to change the ownership to mine then I spoke with someone working in a licensing office which he told me I will need to get my own new plate number alongside the change of ownership for a fee of 30k. The car already has a new plate number.

Does it mean i can't change ownership without changing the license plate?

Contributions pls. Thanks
The person has told you the truth, number plate is only assigned to one person, you can't transfer number plate. You will only get your own

1 Like

Re: Car Change Of Ownership by elengine: 7:58am On Oct 11, 2019
Hlo house. Just a question for us, I sold a car with my plate number sometimes last year but I didn't do ownership transfer. But a friend later said it is dangerous if they use the car for something illegal. My name might still be on the car

eluquenson:
The person has told you the truth, number plate is only assigned to one person, you can't transfer number plate. You will only get your own
Re: Car Change Of Ownership by eluquenson(m): 2:02pm On Oct 11, 2019
elengine:
Hlo house. Just a question for us, I sold a car with my plate number sometimes last year but I didn't do ownership transfer. But a friend later said it is dangerous if they use the car for something illegal. My name might still be on the car

You will be liable for any crime done with that vehicle. Now that you know, do proper documentation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Toyota Camry 2008 Vs Honda Accord 2008 - Which Is Better And Why? / How To Drive Automatic Vehicles / U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.