Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) (5901 Views)

The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport / THE Akanu Ibiam "International Airport" ENUGU Today, After The Rain / The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by Mpiato: 12:33pm On Aug 22, 2014
;DInternational Airport indeed.
Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by ronaldreagan26: 12:34pm On Aug 22, 2014
This same government officials criss cross round the globe and see how things are done outside and yet cannot replicate same back home..smh..

1 Like

Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by swtbridget: 12:35pm On Aug 22, 2014
teemy: The airline should have made suitable transport to the terminal since the situation was noted. Caring for the passengers that was would have gone a long way rather than letting move from an airplane and into sea water. Someone should be fired to show this kind of ommision would not be tolerated by the airline.

Wow
Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by BRAV0O(m): 12:35pm On Aug 22, 2014
Are you too defending the incompetents ?
eaglechild: There are two threads exactly like this on the front page.

MODS do the needful.

Meanwhile what could have caused the flooding was there any amendments made?

Or are the rains really heavy cause the airport didn't flood last rainy season.

The authorities should fix it.

Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by Jibabs2(m): 12:35pm On Aug 22, 2014
Which way 9ja?
Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 22, 2014
angry
Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by zeelo2014: 12:35pm On Aug 22, 2014
who should we hold responsible? The CCECC that constructed that airport without a drain and the resident engineer from Aviation ministry of there was one.

1 Like

Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 22, 2014
The contractors should be held accountable and give explanations to this!
Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by eaglechild: 12:36pm On Aug 22, 2014
BRAV0O: Are you too defending the incompetents ?

Looks like you lack comprehension skills embarassed embarassed
And writing skills as well embarassed
Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by Sylvarresta(m): 12:37pm On Aug 22, 2014
Naija I hail thee.... And the most painful aspect of it, is that some foolish people will still come to defend this failed project.
Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by BRAV0O(m): 12:37pm On Aug 22, 2014
zeelo2014: who should we hold responsible? The CCECC that constructed that airport without a drain and the resident engineer from Aviation ministry of there was one.
who are this people staggering in this kind of conclusion ? Do u even know what u're saying ?
Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by passion007: 12:38pm On Aug 22, 2014
Why do we have two threads on the flooded Enugu Airport on the FP?

Speaks volumes of the Mods' bias and Seun's hypocrisy a la "how do we end tribalism on NL"?

And babyosisi's paradigm-shifting question yet unanswered.

"Seun, can you handle the truth?"

1 Like

Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by Sagamite(m): 12:39pm On Aug 22, 2014
teemy: The airline should have made suitable transport to the terminal since the situation was noted. Caring for the passengers that was would have gone a long way rather than letting move from an airplane and into sea water. Someone should be fired to show this kind of ommision would not be tolerated by the airline.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Look at this JJC!

You think Nigerians know or give a shyt about customer service/care? grin grin grin grin grin

Dey there dey yarn opata and grammar. grin grin grin grin grin

That was the first thing I thought as well, why did the pilot park there, but I knew it was Nigeria ("GIANT" of Africa) we were talking about here! grin

As phantom and Arabianprince (the "Highest Average" medical doctor) would say "Fck the customers! If they don't like it, then they should sue the airline". grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by abdulaz: 12:39pm On Aug 22, 2014
Just imagine, an airport with no proper drainage system, how do you now expect our roads to look if a newly constructed airport is like this. Only in Nigeria. cry

1 Like

Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by BRAV0O(m): 12:40pm On Aug 22, 2014
I ask you a simple question ? Remember ? Is abusive words your final answer ?
eaglechild:

Looks like you lack comprehension skills embarassed embarassed
And writing skills as well embarassed
Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by wagzyl: 12:40pm On Aug 22, 2014
This is after all the billions of naira spent on "re-modelling" our airports to "international standards" by Stella Oduah's regime barely a year ago. Wonder what her fans/supporters would say this time around in her defence. Afterall, they would say "she is our daughter" and that Nigerians don't like her just because of her tribe. Keep spewing hate at others, defend your "sons and daughters" while they loot your future blind and secure d best of futures even 4 their fifth generation in exchange of the common good of you and I, grace her skull filled with disdain 4 d common man and treacherous skills in looting with chieftancy upon chieftancy titles. Another failed project, another white elephant project done using so much resources with no durable results. Let's all rise above ethnicity n religion n hold all leaders accountable for every action. Posterity shall judge.

1 Like

Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by buoye1(m): 12:42pm On Aug 22, 2014
Pls ask sTHIEFla ODUAH and GEJ her man friend about the millions she spent renovating all the airport!i repeat again and again we need a complete change in these country........2015 ll be their end.....#how i feel#
Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by naptu2: 12:43pm On Aug 22, 2014
What's going on? A similar thread made the front page just this morning.

https://www.nairaland.com/1868161/enugu-airport-flood-pictures
Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by Abbey2sam(m): 12:43pm On Aug 22, 2014
Ibo kwenu...............
Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by hensben(m): 12:44pm On Aug 22, 2014
Choi! Na wa o
Airport turn seaport over night only in naija.

GEJ is a scam to nigeria most expecially to the eastern part of nigeria.
Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by fkaz(m): 12:44pm On Aug 22, 2014
comos: rome was not built in a day, lets take it gradually.

Stop encouraging failure, speak out, criticise the govt when need be. If this kind of thing happen in south west, the whole media will be awash with it as headline and federal will be force to take positive action. Don't hide under nepotism to deprive your self of better leaving, thank to nairaland for bring this up.
Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by emmddy: 12:45pm On Aug 22, 2014
this the airport that was commissioned by all eastern governor Stella Oduah i dey hail
Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by DRealGeesam(m): 12:45pm On Aug 22, 2014
We have NO excuse to have an international airport this poorly constructed, that even rain water cant be properly diverted.

1 Like

Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by eaglechild: 12:46pm On Aug 22, 2014
zeelo2014: who should we hold responsible? The CCECC that constructed that airport without a drain and the resident engineer from Aviation ministry of there was one.
People just talk out of ignorance

This is the renovated domestic wing done by PW limited

CCECC is handling the international wing which is yet to be completed.

Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by Dreyl(m): 12:47pm On Aug 22, 2014
This one done turn seaport no be Airport,i hope say i fit swim inside the lake grin
Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by eaglechild: 12:48pm On Aug 22, 2014
BRAV0O: I ask you a simple question ? Remember ? Is abusive words your final answer ?
If you understood my previous post then your question would be uncalled for.

Bye
Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by UnclevicYBNL(m): 12:48pm On Aug 22, 2014
himkers: Akanu Ibiam International Sea port, Enugu Nigeria ; grin
LWKMD
Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by BRAV0O(m): 12:50pm On Aug 22, 2014
#Bye!
eaglechild:
If you understood my previous post then your question would be uncalled for.

Bye
Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by hensben(m): 12:50pm On Aug 22, 2014
That steAlla odua ought to go to jail,she is a crook yes I said it.

Ps: when GEJ leave office then nigerians will realise he is the worst president to ever lead this nation.
Make him face continue to dey deceive una.
Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by teemy(m): 12:51pm On Aug 22, 2014
Sagamite:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Look at this JJC!

You think Nigerians know or give a shyt about customer service/care? grin grin grin grin grin

Dey there dey yarn opata and grammar. grin grin grin grin grin

That was the first thing I thought as well, why did the pilot park there, but I knew it was Nigeria ("GIANT" of Africa) we were talking about here! grin

As phantom and Arabianprince (the "Highest Average" medical doctor) would say "Fck the customers! If they don't like it, then they should sue the airline". grin grin

It is because we act like we don't deserve better that we get the shyt on a regular basis.

(1) (2) (3)

Plsss I Nid Help On Barcode No On Ds 160 / Maximum Amount I Can Bring Into Nigeria / My Inspiring IELTS Success Story [A Must Read !]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.