Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,197 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Hubby Likes To Sleep Alone. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Hubby Likes To Sleep Alone. (5618 Views)

Woman Wants Her Hubby Sacked For Attacking Her Gigolo With Cutlass In Ekiti / 14yr Old Stepdaughter Likes To Sleep In Our Bed / Hubby Caught Me Using Contraceptives!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hubby Likes To Sleep Alone. by Les: 4:05pm On Aug 22, 2014
Y'all advising her of a snitch somewhere ever heard of the word personality before?

1 Like

Re: Hubby Likes To Sleep Alone. by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 22, 2014
Using myself as an example, not married yet but I can definitely see us having separate bedrooms. I like cuddles on my terms and at those odd romantic moments, but not too much, and especially not after a hard day at work when my muscles ache and I just want to lie prone and drift slowly into sleep. Women cuddle unnecessarily too much! Makes the bristles at the back of my neck stand sometimes.

2 Likes

Re: Hubby Likes To Sleep Alone. by Godmystrength: 4:25pm On Aug 22, 2014
BoboYekini: Using myself as an example, not married yet but I can definitely see us having separate bedrooms. I like cuddles on my terms and at those odd romantic moments, but not too much, and especially not after a hard day at work when my muscles ache and I just want to lie prone and drift slowly into sleep. Women cuddle unnecessarily too much! Makes the bristles at the back of my neck stand sometimes.
what if you want to cuddle and she tell you she's had a hard day at work and her muscles ache and that she just want to lie prone and drift slowly into sleep? will sex also be on your own terms??

2 Likes

Re: Hubby Likes To Sleep Alone. by nawtyme: 5:17pm On Aug 22, 2014
Lol. Op it not abnormal. While sleeping I don't like my body to touch that of another person. Once it happens I can no longer sleep. We could be on the same bed though but once it's time to sleep, it's "Uche face you work o"
Re: Hubby Likes To Sleep Alone. by Amhappy(f): 5:18pm On Aug 22, 2014
Thats a habit. I know few people who never sleeps with another person on the same bed,they would rather sleep on the couch or floor. I understand what how u feel,i hate sleeping alone.
Re: Hubby Likes To Sleep Alone. by thorpido(m): 5:22pm On Aug 22, 2014
I like a bit of space too.I can't sleep with someone in my arms,so I just stay awake until i can be let off.
Marriage is about giving so what works for me is that I stay a while for my wife to enjoy her cuddling until I eventually have to sleep.
Op,discuss with your hubby and let him understand that he has to yield a bit and both of you reach some kind of compromise.Understand that you won't get the cuddling all the time and he should understand that he can't stay alone in bed all the time.I hope your hubby is someone willing to compromise.

4 Likes

Re: Hubby Likes To Sleep Alone. by Godmystrength: 5:24pm On Aug 22, 2014
thorpido: I like a bit of space too.I can't sleep with someone in my arms,so I just stay awake until i can be let off.
Marriage is about giving so what works for me is that I stay a while for my wife to enjoy her cuddling until I eventually have to sleep.
Op,discuss with your hubby and let him understand they he has to yield a bit and both of you reach some kind of compromise.Understand that you won't get the cuddling all the time and he should understand that he can't stay alone in bed all the time.I hope your hubby is someone willing to compromise.
SAMBARRY you see this?
Re: Hubby Likes To Sleep Alone. by GodsDivinefavor(f): 5:30pm On Aug 22, 2014
Me like cuddling oooo
Re: Hubby Likes To Sleep Alone. by Nobody: 6:07pm On Aug 22, 2014
I suspect body odour or mouth odour from the op's side. Please use a good herbal soap and eat walnut before going to sleep. Thank me later cheesy

1 Like

Re: Hubby Likes To Sleep Alone. by phabulous88(m): 6:29pm On Aug 22, 2014
Op what size is ur bed? If he likes to roll and stretch, then you might wonna consider getting a bigger sized bed grin

1 Like

Re: Hubby Likes To Sleep Alone. by 5minsmadness: 6:31pm On Aug 22, 2014
Floodgater: This is a habit he has taken years to master. You have to help him unlearn it now without wasting time. The good thing is he has not started leaving the bedroom for you(your actions might/might not make him start). I have heard of worse cases than yours, now you see i left you no option to be hopeless cos am hopeful he can be helped. First you have to determine in your heart that you must share same room with him no matter what, next you must buy yourself plenty of time and patience(cos he took time to get there). To go about this , strictly maintain your side of the bed, if you must cuddle manage the pillow(this too shall pass), when he rolls to your side gently adjust him if he inconveniences you but leave him if its like a cuddlelike position(let him wake up to see that he did it himself) still maintain you side and for the music please bear as with one of those women whose husband snores louder than that music(yes they exist) then when you see he is fast asleep you can reduce the volume a litlte so as not to wake him, you can further reduce it with time if he has gotten used to the previous reduced volume. Do this repeatedly with time to a bearest minimum volume. This with time will help him accomodate a wife on his bed. Please be patient and positive cos[s] if he starts sleeping in a separate room, you might lose him forever[/s].
10likes.
I don't agree with the cancelled part.
@GodsDivinefavor as someone who has a similar issue with your husband, I suggest you follow this approach.
Re: Hubby Likes To Sleep Alone. by baralatie(m): 7:01pm On Aug 22, 2014
I don't understand why a man will sleep alone playing radio.
sleeping and cuddling in a woman body on the same bed is soooooooooooo much better!
Re: Hubby Likes To Sleep Alone. by ernie4life(m): 7:44pm On Aug 22, 2014
Op ur husband is just used to sleeping alone and playing music. I understand him because i have same habit. Learn to live with it, at least he is happy
Re: Hubby Likes To Sleep Alone. by bennyrazz: 7:44pm On Aug 22, 2014
@Op, sorry no offense o grin grin are you sure you don't have body odour lipsrsealed grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Hubby Likes To Sleep Alone. by jsunex(m): 7:44pm On Aug 22, 2014
Wen dating didn't u guys spend nits together, u shuld know wat u are facing now by then... its ur choice.. tak ur cross folo Jesus
Re: Hubby Likes To Sleep Alone. by GodsDivinefavor(f): 7:48pm On Aug 22, 2014
No body odour and I remember we slept on same bed many times while courting.
Re: Hubby Likes To Sleep Alone. by SAMBARRY: 10:15pm On Aug 22, 2014
Godmystrength: SAMBARRY you see this?
then she should get a stand by teddy bear and or fybrathor tongue

teddy bear will keep you warm during cold nights when you and your 'thing' fight tongue
fybrathor will also grease your engine when your thing is on strike tongue

may the lord be with you tongue

next tongue
Re: Hubby Likes To Sleep Alone. by thelastmediator: 11:49pm On Aug 22, 2014
nawtyme: Lol. Op it not abnormal. While sleeping I don't like my body to touch that of another person. Once it happens I can no longer sleep. We could be on the same bed though but once it's time to sleep, it's "Uche face you work o"

This is so me. The good thing is, I don't roll around on the bed. I pick a position and will remain like that till morning. @op, like someone wrote up there, talk to him about getting a bigger bed. It's a good thing to have him somewhere close.
Re: Hubby Likes To Sleep Alone. by Nobody: 2:21am On Aug 23, 2014
When I and my GF started dating, we used to fight but now she understands me better. Anytime I sleep, I like sleeping at d edge of the bed but she doesn't like it. My GF likes cuddling yl I hate being disturbed during slp. I can't sleep especially if I'm having body contact wt someone. I don't joke with my slp and I av told my GF dt when we get married, we slp in different rooms. So OP, its normal.
Re: Hubby Likes To Sleep Alone. by Vikky014(f): 2:13pm On Aug 23, 2014
Op,i like ur hubby o,may God give me such hubby,,i dnt like disturbance whn i wnt to sleep(cuddling),haba my sister always complain of hw hubby disturbs her sleep in d name of cuddling
Re: Hubby Likes To Sleep Alone. by Godson201333(m): 2:43pm On Aug 23, 2014
[quote author=Kanwulia]Why is it important to sleep on the same bed? undecided

If you are GODSDIVINEFAVOR. . . . You don't need no man to sleep in your bed!
You cannot serve YA GOD AND BLOKOS! kiss

Perhaps. . . YA GOD and his DIVINEFAVOR are in ALREADY in the bed with you EVERY NIGHT and it has become way too crowded for your husband to compete with the almighty HOLY GHOST'S BLOKOS! wink

Just saying. . . . .Start by changing your name. I will not be getting in bed with any man or woman with the 'divinefavor' of "GOD" or "ALLLAH" in his or her name! It would feel like phocking GOD OR ALLLAH for sure. . . . .TWA!!!!;[color=#990000][/color]

Are you a divorce lady or single
Mother ??cos the way you always talk about men as if someone is not servicing your engine
Re: Hubby Likes To Sleep Alone. by Kanwulia: 8:27pm On Aug 23, 2014
Godson201333: . . . . . .

I don pass that stage o.
I dey service myself now o!
Na who wan kyop EBOLA blokos? grin

I can still get serviced and write whatever I like o! The AKAMU nor reach my brain!
DIVORCED, SINGLE OR MARRIED. . . . . none of ya GADDDDDDEM bizzzzzzzz ooooooooooh!
Abi you see me for NL "ROMANCING A DUNCE" section? grin

3 Likes

Re: Hubby Likes To Sleep Alone. by tony9k: 9:52pm On Aug 23, 2014
A guy who told his friend that he does not share the same bedroom with his wife was asked how they do the show. He laughed and said it was very easy. He knocks on his wife's bedroom 3 times and goes to his room. Shortly after the wife joins him as she can decode the message. The friend then asked what happens if it is the wife that wants the show. He said it was also very easy the wife comes to his door and asks the question "did you just knock my door 3 times? "

1 Like

Re: Hubby Likes To Sleep Alone. by Godson201333(m): 11:20pm On Aug 23, 2014
Kanwulia:

I don pass that stage o.
I dey service myself now o!
Na who wan kyop EBOLA blokos? grin

I can still get serviced and write whatever I like o! The AKAMU nor reach my brain!
DIVORCED, SINGLE OR MARRIED. . . . . none of ya GADDDDDDEM b Oooooooouuuuuu bizzzzzzzz!
Abi you see me for NL "ROMANCING A DUNCE" section? grin

hahaha dere is God ooo...Let me forward this message to patience Jonathan,she could understand better than i do!
Re: Hubby Likes To Sleep Alone. by Kanwulia: 11:53pm On Aug 23, 2014
Godson201333:

hahaha dere is God ooo...Let me forward this message to patience Jonathan,she could understand better than i do!

Better than "you do" or better than "you can"?
Makoko IDOL di ka gi! grin
Re: Hubby Likes To Sleep Alone. by baralatie(m): 12:16am On Aug 24, 2014
tony9k: A guy who told his friend that he does not share the same bedroom with his wife was asked how they do the show. He laughed and said it was very easy. He knocks on his wife's bedroom 3 times and goes to his room. Shortly after the wife joins him as she can decode the message. The friend then asked what happens if it is the wife that wants the show. He said it was also very easy the wife comes to his door and asks the question "did you just knock my door 3 times? "
see gobe,!
Re: Hubby Likes To Sleep Alone. by GSKing: 12:41am On Aug 24, 2014
Kanwulia: Why is it important to sleep on the same bed? undecided

If you are GODSDIVINEFAVOR. . . . You don't need no man to sleep in your bed!
You cannot serve YA GOD AND BLOKOS! kiss

Perhaps. . . YA GOD and his DIVINEFAVOR are in ALREADY in the bed with you EVERY NIGHT and it has become way too crowded for your husband to compete with the almighty HOLY GHOST'S BLOKOS! wink

Just saying. . . . .Start by changing your name. I will not be getting in bed with any man or woman with the 'divinefavor' of "GOD" or "ALLLAH" in his or her name! It would feel like phocking GOD OR ALLLAH for sure. . . . .TWA!!!!grin
Re: Hubby Likes To Sleep Alone. by GSKing: 12:43am On Aug 24, 2014
Kanwulia:

Is it possible to frustrate an already frustrated person? cheesy
I just wan 'lighten' her load o!
Life is too short for all this kain stress wey she dey give herself.

If man nor wan sleep for bed LEFAM!
Simple!
Haba!

If MARY and JOSEPH were sleeping on the same bed. . .GOD FOR BORN JESUS? grin
Una for get "SAVIOR"? grin
Re: Hubby Likes To Sleep Alone. by GSKing: 12:44am On Aug 24, 2014
Kanwulia: Hmmmmmm!

Marriage na waya!
What A PRISON. lipsrsealed
Re: Hubby Likes To Sleep Alone. by Nobody: 3:06am On Aug 24, 2014
freecocoa: Na wa o, I can understand wanting to sleep alone on some days but this is marriage na, how do you sleep away from your wife almost everyday? Hian! How una go take dey do na?

This marriage isn't for everybody yet people no go gree, if you like your space pass ya spouse then you have no business being married, haba!

Honestly, to me this is a non issue. Just because he's married doesn't mean he has to change all his lifestlye choices.

He;s been sleeping alone all his life and now he's married he has to start sleeping with someone? Completely unecessary if you ask me.

I bet OP knew this about him before they got married. Probably never told him how she felt about it. Wanting him to change now is not fair.

My hubby sleeps on the floor . . . Yes u heard me, floor. He just spreads a duvet on the floor and that's it!!! Started back in his hostel days and now its a habit he can't change. If he has to sleep on the baed, it has to be a rock-hard mattress. Even when we go for trips and have to stay in rooms without carpet, he still spreads his duvet on the cold tiled floor and sleeps there.

Me on the other hand, I have to sleep on a super soft bed. If he tries to sleep with me, he wakes up the next morn with aches all over. Same if I join him on the floor. So most times we go to bed together and I wake up to find him lying on the ground.

I'm not a 'cuddling' person so I don't care where her sleeps. As long as it's not too close to me cool cool

If I was a cuddling person I probablu would not have married him.

3 Likes

Re: Hubby Likes To Sleep Alone. by Kanwulia: 3:07am On Aug 24, 2014
Why dem dey quote me ooooooooooh?
Anyway, OFF TO THE CLUB! cool
Ka Anyi Je Wen ANWULI!!!! cool
KANWULIA!!!!! cool

2 Likes

Re: Hubby Likes To Sleep Alone. by Nobody: 3:27am On Aug 24, 2014
Kanwulia:

Is it possible to frustrate an already frustrated person? cheesy
I just wan 'lighten' her load o!
Life is too short for all this kain stress wey she dey give herself.

If man nor wan sleep for bed LEFAM!
Simple!
Haba!

If MARY and JOSEPH were sleeping on the same bed. . .GOD FOR BORN JESUS? grin
Una for get "SAVIOR"? grin
lmao

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Many Of Us Pray Together With Our Family? / Need Advice From Married Couples/divorced Women / Let's Not Embrace Gay Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.