Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,602 members, 7,955,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:55 PM

"Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV (3002 Views)

Women, Stop Lying To Your Husbands And Playing Victim Afterwards! / Women! Please Stay With Your Husbands: / Female Bankers How Do You Cope With Your Husbands? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by bukatyne(f): 2:33pm On Aug 22, 2014
Ok, this is to we wives.

"Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV

I don't care how upset I may get with my husband, there is no "dog house" for him. There is no "Sleep on the Couch" for him or no denial of sex. That is not how I treat the man that I prayed for just because I may be upset with him. So what happens when I'm upset with him? The same thing that happens when I'm not upset with him. We will work it out, but sometimes we cannot work it out until much later when the children are sleep, but until then, he's gets the same benefits of marriage while I'm upset with him as he does when I'm not upset with him. Reverence of my husband is not based on what he does or does not do. Reverence of my husband is a commandment from God Himself, to me as a wife and I am to do it whether I'm upset with my husband or not. This is what those older wives in the Lord taught me a few years back (Titus 2) and this is what I have been applying in my marriage ever since they told me that. It has not always been easy but with the grace of God and the strength of Christ I am able to reverence my husband even when I am upset with him. Had I known this before 2009, my husband and I may have NEVER separated! Point?

Wives, don't dishonor your husbands when you're upset with them; reverence them anyway. They are not dogs nor our children that we get to punish or put in "time out" when we are upset with them! We are not their "gods" that we get to choose how we punish them when they may cause us to be upset. In fact, we don't get to punish them at all. No, what we get to do is be their wives, their GOOD THINGS, their lovers and friends ALL the days of our lives!

And before a wife says, "But what about when they...." stop right there. This is TO wives FOR wives, not to or for husbands. We wives must be accountable for OUR actions and OUR behavior. In fact, here's what the word of God says on this matter.

1 Peter 3:7 (NIV), "Wives, in the same way submit yourselves to your own husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives..."

Eph 5:33b, "...and the wife see that she reverence her husband".

Prov 31:12, "She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life".

We can't claim Prov 31 wife status by constantly behaving opposite of that. We must do what the word says and keep doing our husbands good, even when we are upset with them. Remember our post entitled "LOVE, Even When Angry"? Well today I'm talking to wives on a personal level because God is not pleased with the way many "Godly Wives" have been treating their husbands by withholding sex, kicking their husbands out of the bed, putting them on the sofa and many won't even cook for their husband when they are upset with them. No we Godly Wives are to be set apart and not do things the way the world does but instead do things like we are daughters of Sarah. Remember 1 Peter 3:6 says, "Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters you are, as long as you do well..." So let us continue to "do well" by reverencing our husbands even while we are upset with them.

Know that when we do this, not only may our husbands be won over to repent for whatever it is they did to make us upset in the first place but also, God will be pleased with how we behave towards our husbands even when we are upset with them. Be Encouraged Wives!

Unpopular post I know, but share it anyway so that other wives and wives-to-be may be encouraged! Thanks Fam!
— with LaPria Bonner and 20 others.

Let's discuss

https://www.facebook.com/BeTrulyFaithful/photos/a.212819528767214.53317.173463362702831/557547304294433/?type=1&comment_id=736043729778122&notif_t=like

3 Likes

Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by bukatyne(f): 2:35pm On Aug 22, 2014
Very true

Not easy, but true
Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by MizMyColi(f): 2:38pm On Aug 22, 2014
The whole essence of marriage is, to love as God loves.

#ThinkOnThis
Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 22, 2014
I wish all women would agree to this, but no they won't. The first thing they do is close shop grin when he offends them sad.

Nice one OP....
Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by Pavore9: 2:42pm On Aug 22, 2014
Hmm...
Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by Tallesty1(m): 2:43pm On Aug 22, 2014
This won't be easy at all but it is not impossible.
Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by bukatyne(f): 2:47pm On Aug 22, 2014
MizMyColi: The whole essence of marriage is, to love as God loves.

#ThinkOnThis

Very true

I always say husbands and wives should see themselves as Christian brothers and sisters and treat each other like that and even better

I do not understand why a husband will be nice to all the women in his unit, respect them etc. and can't do the same at home or why a woman would respect her pastor more than her husband.

what baffles me is a woman kneeling for a pastor when she doesn't kneel for her hubby or dancing after the pastor, cooking for him etc. when she cannot do such at home.

Our first duty of service is to our spouses

4 Likes

Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by bukatyne(f): 2:48pm On Aug 22, 2014
teeo: I wish all women would agree to this, but no they won't. The first thing they do is close shop grin when he offends them sad.

Nice one OP....

Lol!

It is not easy and depends on the offence

If she catches him on another woman... lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 22, 2014
Crap!!!

What is good for the goose is also good for the gander and that is the gosple truth and not the antiquated ink of male chauvinists whose thought-train have little relevance in our dynamic and contemporary world.

Women! Don't be blinded by those contraptions of men to hold you bound .

7 Likes

Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by purplesummer(f): 2:54pm On Aug 22, 2014
Thanks OP.
Oya, where's my prince charming? Time to treat you like a king. grin

1 Like

Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by MizMyColi(f): 2:56pm On Aug 22, 2014
bukatyne:

Very true

I always say husbands and wives should see themselves as Christian brothers and sisters and treat each other like that and even better

I do not understand why a husband will be nice to all the women in his unit, respect them etc. and can't do the same at home or why a woman would respect her pastor more than her husband.

what baffles me is a woman kneeling for a pastor when she doesn't kneel for her hubby or dancing after the pastor, cooking for him etc. when she cannot do such at home.

Our first duty of service is to our spouses

Honestly, until we begin to love our mates despite who they are, what they do or do not, what they bring to the table or do not, we may never be truly able to enjoy the heavenly bliss that marriage is meant to be.

Is it easy? No!
Will it take time? Yes!
Can you do it on your own? No!

Just remember this always, that where there's a will, there's a way.
grin

2 Likes

Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by Godmystrength: 2:58pm On Aug 22, 2014
teeo: I wish all women would agree to this, but no they won't. The first thing they do is close shop grin when he offends them sad.

Nice one OP....
What if you catch him cheating on you? The first best thing must be to close shop and get tested before you even think about talking about it.

@OP- all these things are easier to write than put to action. How can i be upset with someone and still act as if nothing happened? Forget about it been my husband now. It is just a natural thing. Once you are hurt/offended by someone, you can never ordinarily be the same with the person until it is sorted out.....And it hurts more when the offender is your LOVE.

diaris God ooo

3 Likes

Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 22, 2014
So what are wives suppossed to do when ...

1 ... a husbands cheats on them?

2 ... a husband cheats on them and infects them with a STD?

3 ... a husband beats them up?

4 ... loses his salary on gambling?

2 Likes

Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by Godmystrength: 3:03pm On Aug 22, 2014
carefreewannabe: So what are wives suppossed to do when ...

According to OP
bukatyne: And before a wife says, "But what about when they...." stop right there. This is TO wives FOR wives, not to or for husbands. We wives must be accountable for OUR actions and OUR behavior. In fact, here's what the word of God says on this matter.

1 Peter 3:7 (NIV), "Wives, in the same way submit yourselves to your own husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives..."

Eph 5:33b, "...and the wife see that she reverence her husband".

Prov 31:12, "She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life".

anyway, i am still waiting for what is expected of the husband to do even when the wife upsets him..

2 Likes

Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by SAMBARRY: 3:06pm On Aug 22, 2014
matify: Crap!!!

What is good for the goose is also good for the gander and that is the gosple truth and not the antiquated ink of male chauvinists whose thought-train have little relevance in our dynamic and contemporary world.

gbam!

Spot on
Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 22, 2014
Godmystrength:

According to OP

anyway, i am still waiting for what is expected of the husband to do even when the wife upsets him..

These quotes are taken out of context.
Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by bukatyne(f): 3:06pm On Aug 22, 2014
Godmystrength: What if you catch him cheating on you? The first best thing must be to close shop and get tested before you even think about talking about it.

@OP- all these things are easier to write than put to action. How can i be upset with someone and still act as if nothing happened? Forget about it been my husband now. It is just a natural thing. Once you are hurt/offended, you can never be the same until it is sorted out.....

diaris God ooo

She is talking about withholding sex or food or sending him to sleep in the guest room when he offends but honestly I agree that offences have different levels and this couple in question try their best not to do major offences.

When they wanted to separate one time they were having issues before they started this Facebook page, the husband moved in back with his parents and waited till their issue was resolved.

He did not go to a lady's place; he did not see it as a license to cheat etc. he stayed faithful till their issue was resolved.

So you see, they take their vows seriously and try to be the best.

They are not Christians in mouth

4 Likes

Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by SAMBARRY: 3:07pm On Aug 22, 2014
Godmystrength:

According to OP

5million likes
Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by MizMyColi(f): 3:10pm On Aug 22, 2014
^^^ This is supposed to be a two-way thing.
I remember she posted last time on the Husband's testimony, where he, the man had to do all the apologizing, at fault or not.

Things did get better for them. You might wanna read that too, if you haven't.
Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by bukatyne(f): 3:12pm On Aug 22, 2014
matify: Crap!!!

Ok, this is for women only

The same message will definitely be to the men also
Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by Godmystrength: 3:12pm On Aug 22, 2014
bukatyne:

She is talking about withholding sex or food or sending him to sleep in the guest room when he offends but honestly I agree that offences have different levels and this couple in question try their best not to do major offences.

When they wanted to separate one time they were having issues before they started this Facebook page, the husband moved in back with his parents and waited till their issue was resolved.

He did not go to a lady's place; he did not see it as a license to cheat etc. he stayed faithful till their issue was resolved.

And what/who determines what offense is major? What may be minor for them in her family and she can overlook might be major for me in my house and make me boiling?.......... anyway, i see the OP as a form of encouragement and not ''this is how you MUST do it''......... The christian race is an individual race.....
Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by bukatyne(f): 3:12pm On Aug 22, 2014
Godmystrength:

According to OP

Same thing
Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 22, 2014
bukatyne:

Lol!

God who knows everything also said a man could divorce his wife only on the grounds of adultery, that is to say that, if the husband is caught in infidelity only then should the woman act in that a way that wouldnt reverence the man. So if it isnt the offense of Adultery, it could be settled later, but they shouldnt close shop grin
Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by dBard: 3:19pm On Aug 22, 2014
bukatyne:

Lol!

I've a response t dis, something that happened some yrs back t a friend..tho they weren't married sha but.....
she was t travel wit her fiance, went t his house, outta boredom, n met him@ home wit his ex..he, in boxers, she jst having had her bath. She walked out, without causing a scene, waited, helped him prepare n dey traveled f d occasion n came back wit her still 'normal'..n likewise f d next cpla days. after 2 -3 days, he came confessing n begging n promising.

So u see, it applies even in dse situations grin
bukatyne:

Lol!

If she catches him on another woman...

I've a response t dis, something that happened some yrs back t a friend..tho they weren't married sha but.....
she was t travel wit her fiance, went t his house, outta boredom, n met him@ home wit his ex..he, in boxers, she jst having had her bath. She walked out, without causing a scene, waited, helped him prepare n dey traveled f d occasion n came back wit her still 'normal'..n likewise f d next cpla days. after 2 -3 days, he came confessing n begging n promising.

So u see, it applies even in dse situations lipsrsealed
Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by Godmystrength: 3:20pm On Aug 22, 2014
MizMyColi: ^^^ This is supposed to be a two-way thing.
I remember she posted last time on the Husband's testimony, where he, the man had to do all the apologizing, at fault or not.

Things did get better for them. You might wanna read that too, if you haven't.
Maybe it will even be better to be posting the two-way things on same thread. i.e if you want to post something about a man, better get the part for the woman and post together. By doing so, everybody will come there and pick whatever is relating to them. no fighting or condemnation or castigation or guilt

2 Likes

Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by MizMyColi(f): 3:20pm On Aug 22, 2014

What I like about this couple is the fact that they have seen MESS in their marriage.
That mess bore their Message to the world.

Honestly, I rarely pay attention to marriage counselors who paint marriage as one fairy tale like ish, who give this impression that they've always been in love and try to make light of their past and present issues. Selling false hopes.
There's rarely, if ever, a marriage that is ordained by heaven where there won't be heaven shaking issues.

But then, like the OP said, God'll use the imperfections in him to perfect the imperfections in you and vice versa.

Its not about being bound by a man or woman, it's a choice one makes.
There is no fear in love and there is no love in fear.
bukatyne:

Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by bukatyne(f): 3:21pm On Aug 22, 2014
carefreewannabe: So what are wives suppossed to do when ...

understand they are talking to a Christian audience and do not expect such anyways
Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by Godmystrength: 3:22pm On Aug 22, 2014
dBard:

So u see, it applies even in dse situations grin
Everybody can't be the same. Maybe the woman was in the state of shock. You can't blame another woman who chooses to act otherwise.
Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by bukatyne(f): 3:23pm On Aug 22, 2014
Godmystrength: And what/who determines what offense is major? What may be minor for them in her family and she can overlook might be major for me in my house and make me boiling?.......... anyway, i see the OP as a form of encouragement and not ''this is how you MUST do it''......... The christian race is an individual race.....

Ok, what's major and minor to you?

What do you think worth's your hubby sleeping on the couch or denying him s.ex?
Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by Godmystrength: 3:23pm On Aug 22, 2014
bukatyne:

understand they are talking to a Christian audience and do not expect such anyways
Okay o. but even Christians are human and the unexpected can still happen
Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 22, 2014
bukatyne:

Ok, this is for women only

The same message will definitely be to the men also

I am a married man and a christian at that but I am a rational being and I will not for any privilege it confers on me subscribe to those teachings and advise which impose what I cannot give on my wife because" it is written" .

When s*ex is not given consentually but begrudgingly when one party is upset still defines as RAPE.

Lawyers in the house, am I right or RIGHT?

1 Like

Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by MizMyColi(f): 3:25pm On Aug 22, 2014
I get where you're coming from.
I'd prolly feel that way if I hadn't seen the story from a male angle cheesy
Godmystrength: Maybe it will even be better to be posting the two-way things on same thread. i.e if you want to post something about a man, better get the part for the woman and post together. By doing so, everybody will come there and pick whatever is relating to them. no fighting or condemnation or castigation or guilt

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

.. / My Wife Is Annoying Me / İ Am Very Angry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.