Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

"Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV (2950 Views)

Women, Stop Lying To Your Husbands And Playing Victim Afterwards! / Women! Please Stay With Your Husbands: / Female Bankers How Do You Cope With Your Husbands? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by bukatyne(f): 3:26pm On Aug 22, 2014
MizMyColi:

What I like about this couple is the fact that they have seen MESS in their marriage.
That mess bore their Message to the world.

Honestly, I rarely pay attention to marriage counselors who paint marriage as one fairy tale like ish, who give this impression that they've always been in love and try to make light of their past and present issues. Selling false hopes.
There's rarely, if ever, a marriage that is ordained by heaven where there won't be heaven shaking issues.

But then, like the OP said, God'll use the imperfections in him to perfect the imperfections in you and vice versa.

Its not about being bound by a man or woman, it's a choice one makes.
There is no fear in love and there is no love in fear.

Very correct

I think where our church miss it is insisting or piling everything up on the head of the wife

Then marriage becomes a chore

1 Like

Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by MizMyColi(f): 3:28pm On Aug 22, 2014
Oho.
bukatyne:

Very correct

I think where our church miss it is insisting or piling everything up on the head of the wife

Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by Godmystrength: 3:33pm On Aug 22, 2014
bukatyne:

Ok, what's major and minor to you?

What do you think worth's your hubby sleeping on the couch or denying him s.ex?
Personally, every issue must be sorted out before bed time to avoid these kind of scenerios. I won't send my hubby to sleep on couch when i am hurt. the worse is that we sleep on our own side of the bed...... As a sensitive husband, when you know that you have offended your spouse, it is expected of you to try to sort it out and not just come asking for sex when you know she is angry. It just shows you don't care about her feelings.

Whenever i am angry and we haven't sorted it out or maybe hubby thinks its no big deal, no problem. We still sleep on same bed so if he wants sex, he will feel the difference because i won't be ready for any pre-intimacy and he knows that without that i won't flow. So he still gets his sex but you know sex is different from sex sha. So most times, he knows better than to ask for sex as such times.
Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by bukatyne(f): 3:35pm On Aug 22, 2014
matify:

I am a married man and a christian at that but I am a rational being and I will not for any privilege it confers on me subscribe to those teachings and advise which impose what I cannot give on my wife because" it is written" .

When s*ex is not given consentually but begrudgingly when one party is upset still defines as RAPE.

Lawyers in the house, am I right or RIGHT?

I no sabi law but if the wife is the one offended and she still offers hubby intimacy, I do not think it is molest
Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by Godmystrength: 3:41pm On Aug 22, 2014
bukatyne:

Very correct

You are right. We had our women's convention the weekend in my church and the speaker that was invited on Sunday was just talking about women this women that bla bla bla. With all the men in attendance o. Saying things like what's in the OP and only one line for the men begging them to love their wives. You can imagine an irresponsible man in the congregation who will now go home and be trying to enforce what the speaker has said without any plan of changing his ways. he will now see the wife as not submissive. Whereas, when the men have their programmes, for the ones they manage to invite us(women), you will not hear things like that. Only success preachings on how to make it and be successful in life etc.

As if the woman is not a human being too.

3 Likes

Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by Godmystrength: 3:43pm On Aug 22, 2014
bukatyne:

I no sabi law but if the wife is the one offended and she still offers hubby intimacy, I do not think it is molest
if she is the one offering the sex, then it is different now.
Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by pickabeau1: 4:02pm On Aug 22, 2014
bukatyne:
So you see, they take their vows seriously and try to be the best.
They are not Christians in mouth

Dont be so sure.... They said the same thing about Eddie Long, Creflo Dollar, Fatoyinbo, etc...

The message is good however... Only God knows His however
Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 22, 2014
See Buky don become marriage consilor cheesy cheesy
All her threads these days na marriage this, husband and wife that cheesy
Marriage good o! cheesy

Abeg I dey look for my own true loff.
I only like usher, abeg who go connect us?

Tenk u in advance kiss cheesy

Well done buky.
Obanye, pm me for omugwo special grin
Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by SAMBARRY: 4:11pm On Aug 22, 2014
In everything we are doing
Godmystrength: What if you catch him cheating on you? The first best thing must be to close shop and get tested before you even think about talking about it.

@OP- all these things are easier to write than put to action. How can i be upset with someone and still act as if nothing happened? Forget about it been my husband now. It is just a natural thing. Once you are hurt/offended by someone, you can never ordinarily be the same with the person until it is sorted out.....And it hurts more when the offender is your LOVE.

diaris God ooo
Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by Godmystrength: 4:15pm On Aug 22, 2014
SAMBARRY: In everything we are doing
grin grin
Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by SAMBARRY: 4:19pm On Aug 22, 2014
Godmystrength: grin grin
wink

Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by SAMBARRY: 4:29pm On Aug 22, 2014
In every thing. ..

Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by babyoku1: 4:50pm On Aug 22, 2014
"LOVE, Even When Angry"?
MADAM Poster, I don't agree with u AT ALL
Ask yourself and tell yourself the truth.
Will you continue to love 100% even if that man u adore and care for soooo much is cheating on you??
I need u to answer me sincerely.
Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by bukatyne(f): 4:53pm On Aug 22, 2014
moca: See Buky don become marriage consilor cheesy cheesy
All her threads these days na marriage this, husband and wife that cheesy
Marriage good o! cheesy

Abeg I dey look for my own true loff.
I only like usher, abeg who go connect us?

Tenk u in advance kiss cheesy

Well done buky.
Obanye, pm me for omugwo special grin

Why do I think you are yellow pawpaw?

Just thought to share, it is a facebook page I have been following for years now.

I have been postponing sharing till I decided gbam.

Posted the first one and people saying women this women that and decided to paste the one on women and they are men this men that and I kuku posted a balance grin

So na so we see am wink
Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by bukatyne(f): 4:55pm On Aug 22, 2014
babyoku1: "LOVE, Even When Angry"?
MADAM Poster, I don't agree with u AT ALL
Ask yourself and tell yourself the truth.
Will you continue to love 100% even if that man u adore and care for soooo much is cheating on you??
I need u to answer me sincerely.

No

I will neither stay with nor honor a man that is cheating on me.

I will surely forgive as a Christian
Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by bukatyne(f): 4:56pm On Aug 22, 2014
I see you cheesy
Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by SAMBARRY: 5:04pm On Aug 22, 2014
You have time to be going to such meetings. I don't bother wasting hours of my time listening to such. I'll rather be sleeping
Godmystrength: You are right. We had our women's convention the weekend in my church and the speaker that was invited on Sunday was just talking about women this women that bla bla bla. With all the men in attendance o. Saying things like what's in the OP and only one line for the men begging them to love their wives. You can imagine an irresponsible man in the congregation who will now go home and be trying to enforce what the speaker has said without any plan of changing his ways. he will now see the wife as not submissive. Whereas, when the men have their programmes, for the ones they manage to invite us(women), you will not hear things like that. Only success preachings on how to make it and be successful in life etc.

Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by bukatyne(f): 5:10pm On Aug 22, 2014
Godmystrength: You are right. We had our women's convention the weekend in my church and the speaker that was invited on Sunday was just talking about women this women that bla bla bla. With all the men in attendance o. Saying things like what's in the OP and only one line for the men begging them to love their wives. You can imagine an irresponsible man in the congregation who will now go home and be trying to enforce what the speaker has said without any plan of changing his ways. he will now see the wife as not submissive. Whereas, when the men have their programmes, for the ones they manage to invite us(women), you will not hear things like that. Only success preachings on how to make it and be successful in life etc.

I would never waste my weekend for such meetings unless my week was too exciting and I need something to dull it grin
Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by dBard: 5:11pm On Aug 22, 2014

The mistake I see everyone making everytime, is to think issues like submission, love, respect, etc is 'Give and Take' ..
submission IS a commandment (esp f Christians) n it should b adhered to, if u choose to, Wholly irrespective of whether the recipient is appreciative or deserves it or not.
'Love ur wife as Christ Loves d church', is Unconditional and my inability to do so is a failure on my part and it is something to Strive towards.
It Is a tin of choice.

Should a woman give herself wen upset? sex is Mutual n it Is Wrong for her to do so wen she's actually Not giving herself to him. a woman in that sort of situation can calmly n respectfully decline. .or something.

The story of Smith Wigglesworths wife exemplifies wat d o.p is talking about ..I.m.o
Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by Godmystrength: 5:12pm On Aug 22, 2014
SAMBARRY: You have time to be going to such meetings. I don't bother wasting hours of my time listening to such. I'll rather be sleeping
bukatyne:
I would never waste my weekend for such meetings unless my week was too exciting and I need something to dull it grin
The speaker was invited on sunday and it was during the main sunday service. So she was the one that more or less preached that day.
Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by Godmystrength: 5:13pm On Aug 22, 2014
dBard:

The mistake I see everyone making everytime, is to think issues like submission, love, respect, etc is 'Give and Take' ..
submission IS a commandment (esp f Christians) n it should b adhered to, if u choose to, Wholly irrespective of whether the recipient is appreciative or deserves it or not.
'Love ur wife as Christ Loves d church', is Unconditional and my inability to do so is a failure on my part and it is something to Strive towards.
It Is a tin of choice.

Should a woman give herself wen upset? sex is Mutual n it Is Wrong for her to do so wen she's actually Not giving herself to him. a woman in that sort of situation can calmly n respectfully decline. .or something.

The story of Smith Wigglesworths wife exemplifies wat d o.p is talking about ..I.m.o

i laff in my hubby's dialect grin grin grin grin
Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by Amya(f): 5:14pm On Aug 22, 2014
Reverence. . . That word. Well I think it's wronng in this context. Reverence is not 'submitting', mind you. Using that word for God is okay but using that for a fellow man though your husband, and one that upset you at that is just pushing it.

I'm up for couples resolving whatever issue they maybe having in a mature and respective way. It's only natural though that the upset party get it off their chest even if it means yelling.
Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by Godmystrength: 5:19pm On Aug 22, 2014
dBard:

It Is a tin of choice.

We are all striving to do our best but it is just unfair when all you hear around is as if it only the woman that has to make the marriage work.
e.g,
question - why do some men gain weight after marriage?
most response - because their WIVES overfeed them, or feed them with nonsense. (wives' fault)
question - why do some women gain weight after marriage?
most response - because they seat around doing nothing and just eating all day and are just lazy to keep fit. (wives' fault)

For marriage to work, both parties must play their part and not just leave the whole burden on one of the spouse.
Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by softy(m): 5:19pm On Aug 22, 2014
purplesummer: Thanks OP.
Oya, where's my prince charming? Time to treat you like a king. grin

My adorable purpleberry, I am here oooooo!.....lolzzz
Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by bukatyne(f): 5:26pm On Aug 22, 2014
Godmystrength: The speaker was invited on sunday and it was during the main sunday service. So she was the one that more or less preached that day.

Pele, I can imagine

Most of such meetings are waste of time, intellect and resources.

1 Like

Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by bukatyne(f): 5:29pm On Aug 22, 2014
Amya: Reverence. . . That word. Well I think it's wronng in this context. Reverence is not 'submitting', mind you. Using that word for God is okay but using that for a fellow man though your husband, and one that upset you at that is just pushing it.

I'm up for couples resolving whatever issue they maybe having in a mature and respective way. It's only natural though that the upset party get it off their chest even if it means yelling.

Women are told to reverence their hubbies and husbands honor and respect their wives.

I think you are mistaking reverence for worship
Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by dBard: 6:12pm On Aug 22, 2014
Amya: Reverence. . . That word. Well I think it's wronng in this context. Reverence is not 'submitting', mind you. Using that word for God is okay but using that for a fellow man though your husband, and one that upset you at that is just pushing it.

Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by dBard: 6:23pm On Aug 22, 2014
Godmystrength: We are all striving to do our best but it is just unfair when all you hear around is as if it only the woman that has to make the marriage work.
e.g,
question - why do some men gain weight after marriage?
most response - because their WIVES overfeed them, or feed them with nonsense. (wives' fault)
question - why do some women gain weight after marriage?
most response - because they seat around doing nothing and just eating all day and are just lazy to keep fit. (wives' fault)

For marriage to work, both parties must play their part and not just leave the whole burden on one of the spouse.

I think d 'emphasis' is on women, cos women tend t worry more about such...cos at d end, d success or failure of d home may be seen by her as a personal failing. Same way a guy will see it, if his family suffers financially.

Stigmatization, funny enuff, is commoner amongst d women folks (I.e female t female) than male t female..e.gs abound.

That aside, I still maintain, that concerning certain things, doing d proper tin is not reciprocal, nor dependent on d society.
The proper tin is done cos it Is d proper tin to do.
Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by dBard: 6:40pm On Aug 22, 2014

Reverence does not necessarily mean wat ur trying t connote.
Also, it says dre in d Bible, 'a soft answer turneth away wrath' .
I think ur missing d o.ps point. she isn't implying issues shouldn't b resolved but rather against one party resorting to self satisfying, punitive measures that'll rather exacerbate d situation dan resolve.
If I've an issue wit my fiancee n she starts acting up, neglecting certain norms cos she's mad, I don't think that'll make me want t resolve anything. Rather, as she does now, dres bif, we still kip t d 'norm forms' , at least that kips d comm highway open n brings us to a resolution faster..most times I end up apologising grin
personally, I think d o.p is on point

Reverence does not necessarily mean wat ur trying t connote.
Also, it says dre in d Bible, 'a soft answer turneth away wrath' .
I think ur missing d o.ps point. she isn't implying issues shouldn't b resolved but rather against one party resorting to self satisfying, punitive measures that'll rather exacerbate d situation dan resolve.
If I've an issue wit my fiancee n she starts acting up, neglecting certain norms cos she's mad, I don't think that'll make me want t resolve anything. Rather, as she does now, dres bif, we still kip t d 'norm forms' , at least that kips d comm highway open n brings us to a resolution faster..most times I end up apologising
Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by purplesummer(f): 6:57pm On Aug 22, 2014
softy:

My adorable purpleberry, I am here oooooo!.....lolzzz
grin grin
Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by purplesummer(f): 7:27pm On Aug 22, 2014
matify:

I am a married man and a christian at that but I am a rational being and I will not for any privilege it confers on me subscribe to those teachings and advise which impose what I cannot give on my wife because" it is written" .

When s*ex is not given consentually but begrudgingly
when one party is upset still defines as RAPE.

Lawyers in the house, am I right or RIGHT?
Under the Nigerian law, a husband cannot be guilty of. r.ape against his lawfully wedded wife because it is assumed that she gave her (continuous) consent the day she agreed to marry him( so it doesn't matter if she witholds her consent on a particular night) A husband can only be guilty of "indecent assault" against his wife and I don't think that the scenario you painted qualifies as indecent assault.
Re: "Wives, Reverence Your Husbands Even When Upset"! ~ OEV by buggaboo: 11:31pm On Jan 18, 2015
Word!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Mother Was Asked To Leave A Kfc After Breastfeeding Her 42-year-old-son / God Of The Widow Pls Locate Me / Baby Naming Ceremony - How To Organise One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.