Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,724 members, 7,955,719 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:44 PM

So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? (51095 Views)

What Is The Opposite Of The Word "Opposite" / PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics / What Is The Direct Opposite Of "Sorry" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by Idrismusty97(m): 11:54am On Aug 23, 2014
donroxy: The answer is BLUE !!

This is not about traffic light nor war but Corporate world i.e construction company !!

Companies Operate either in Red Ocean or Blue Ocean ...... The red ocean signifies extreme level of competition where each company has to fight dirty in order to create market for themselves and attract clients ....

In a Blue Ocean , Company under review controls the market , it clients and enjoy competitive advantage over any other competitors in such market .... It has a special features that can never be matched by competitors through Innovation and Innitiatives !!

Conclusively, The Opposite of Red in a company is BLUE ...... Keep your sciences to yourself ! cheesy
what about white ocean and black ocean? cheesy. That should have meaning in the construction company too.
Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 23, 2014
Fant:
I can tell you there is no single correct answer for your question. Since this is an interview question you will need to make a guess of the possible answer which your interviewer may have in his head. Your sure bet will be green.

I will describe this in the following perspectives.

WEB DESIGN.
In Web design, the colour code (hexcode) for red is #FF0000. The opposite of this will be #0000FF which will give you a Blue.

SCIENCE
In chemistry we know that acid is the opposite of base. When acid is applied to a red litmus paper it turns blue and vice versa.

CAMERA
if you switch your phone camera to negative and focus it on a red object,, your camera will show the object as green.

TRAFFIC LIGHT.
In a traffic light, red connotes danger which green connotes safety.

CONCLUSION.
Your interviewer may not know a thing about Web design, science or picture editing. But since he uses the traffic lights almost everyday, his ignorant mind will tell him it's green so you are the one who needs a job so your sure bet for getting the job will be to dance to his ignorance - that's how you pay your bills anyways!
the answer is a mixture of blue and green which gives either aqua or cyan. In web design, the opposite of red(ff0000) is not blue(0000ff). F has to turn to 0 and vise versa such as in white and black. So you get a mixture of blue and green (00ffff).

1 Like

Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 23, 2014
Tosdam: My uncle that works in a construction company shared his interview experience with me some hours ago and I wish to share it with you guys here too.

Uncle Joe sit me down and tells me why so many graduates flop in an interview questions these days. He tells me how so many graduate prepare hard for an interview but get soak with shame and embarrassment after the interview. He further picture how the best student with the best result still strive hard to have a pass mark in a cheap interview question.

Interview is not about showing your skill in calculus but expressing how fast and the level of your intelligent quotient.

Now, let me share you one of the top most question asked by an employer in a construction company.

Question:

The opposite of white is black, what is the opposite of RED?

Note: This is an interview question. Uncle Joe was the only luckiest applicant that got it right and got the Job........
fr3do: According to decreasing wavelength
Red > orange > yellow > green > blue > indigo > violet

For decreasing frequency
VIBGYOR

So from this violet is the opposite of red.

To prove this further, tune your phone camera to negative and view a red object.

The answer is BLUE !!

This is not about traffic light nor war but Corporate world i.e construction company !!

Companies Operate either in Red Ocean or Blue Ocean ...... The red ocean signifies extreme level of competition where each company has to fight dirty in order to create market for themselves and attract clients ....

In a Blue Ocean , Company under review controls the market , it clients and enjoy competitive advantage over any other competitors in such market .... It has a special features that can never be matched by competitors through Innovation and Innitiatives !!

Conclusively, The Opposite of Red in a company is BLUE ...... Keep your sciences to yourself ! cheesy

1 Like

Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by Onyiido: 11:58am On Aug 23, 2014
Op use style dey ask una so that una go tell am the answer. He doesn't even know the answer to the question he asked.

2 Likes

Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by chidanzy(m): 12:01pm On Aug 23, 2014
Where's the op naaa angry I go beat am black and blue wen em he say he doesn't. Have the answer

1 Like

Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by DikSin(m): 12:04pm On Aug 23, 2014
Black
See an Igbo man's cap to Read More on the mattercheesy
Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by ghostwritter(m): 12:05pm On Aug 23, 2014
Tosdam: My uncle that works in a construction company shared his interview experience with me some hours ago and I wish to share it with you guys here too.

Uncle Joe sit me down and tells me why so many graduates flop in an interview questions these days. He tells me how so many graduate prepare hard for an interview but get soak with shame and embarrassment after the interview. He further picture how the best student with the best result still strive hard to have a pass mark in a cheap interview question.

Interview is not about showing your skill in calculus but expressing how fast and the level of your intelligent quotient.

Now, let me share you one of the top most question asked by an employer in a construction company.

Question:

The opposite of white is black, what is the opposite of RED?

Note: This is an interview question. Uncle Joe was the only luckiest applicant that got it right and got the Job........
the answer can be anything if they wish to employ you and vice versa if they don't.
Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 23, 2014
Idrismusty97: what about white ocean and black ocean? cheesy. That should have meaning in the construction company too.
Nope, you can give them meaning in Literature by creating your own color and its meaning ....

Red has meaning to company ... It is simply BLOOD

BLUE has meaning too ..... It is simply BOSS !! cheesy

RED/BLUE are simply Company's STRATEGY towards the Market !

For real, the answer is BLUE not Green of Traffic Light ! grin
Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by Isryl02(m): 12:08pm On Aug 23, 2014
According to my knowledge of colour chemistry, blue is the opposite of red.
Ever heard of red shift and blue shift before?
@OP, happy now?
Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by condralbede(m): 12:09pm On Aug 23, 2014
Op if ur uncle no knw am ,just tell us instead wasting our time here....OK since he knw am Watin come b d answerNonsense
Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by agabusta: 12:11pm On Aug 23, 2014
Well, from my own point of view as a Health and Safety practitioner...

I will say the opposite of RED is BLUE.

In occupational health and safety, RED as a colour represents 'prohibition' while blue denotes 'Mandatory action'.

In lay terms, RED means don't do it!
While BLUE means, u must do it.

And bearing in mind tht occupational safety is given a prominent role in d construction industry.
Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by olusolaj(m): 12:14pm On Aug 23, 2014
the answer is CYAN
Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by scobaba: 12:14pm On Aug 23, 2014
unyours: so you no understand my analysis shey? Any web designer will understand cos we play with color codes alot. That's just my own analysis from a designer's point of view and you would be surprise it's very right with a proof. grin

Ehen na now you talk. If to say u talk am like ds from the. Beginning, only me for give u 5 likes(evertyn is possible) grin
Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by Muscomide: 12:14pm On Aug 23, 2014
Class Teacher: What is the opposite of colour 'Red'?

Akpos: That one simple na. The opposite of Red is 'Not Red'

1 Like

Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by okeyfx(m): 12:16pm On Aug 23, 2014
it is GREEN i repeat it is GREEN!!!
Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by blakky97(m): 12:18pm On Aug 23, 2014
Red (+ve wire or live wire)
Black (-ve, or neutral)
I'm sure the electrical guys know what I'm talking about.
I give a holla to my niggers from University of Benin Elect/Elect
I'm sure yall can testify the world is sweet
We are the No limit dudes- every where from the oil companies to airports to even accounting firms.
As for those still in school, (but wait oh! I hear say Anyaeji don comot?) Just make sure ya eyes is on ya meal ticket- the knowledge bro! Not the Gp alone. Unemployment becomes a fallacy with God on ya side. One love yall!

1 Like

Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by Lilimax(f): 12:19pm On Aug 23, 2014
acenazt: Red/Green
Blue/Orange
Yellow/Purple
Likes .
The answer can be seen in the colour wheel smiley
Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by cutemorgan(m): 12:28pm On Aug 23, 2014
Fant:
I can tell you there is no single correct answer for your question. Since this is an interview question you will need to make a guess of the possible answer which your interviewer may have in his head. Your sure bet will be green.

I will describe this in the following perspectives.

WEB DESIGN.
In Web design, the colour code (hexcode) for red is #FF0000. The opposite of this will be #0000FF which will give you a Blue.

SCIENCE
In chemistry we know that acid is the opposite of base. When acid is applied to a red litmus paper it turns blue and vice versa.

CAMERA
if you switch your phone camera to negative and focus it on a red object,, your camera will show the object as green.

TRAFFIC LIGHT.
In a traffic light, red connotes danger which green connotes safety.

CONCLUSION.
Your interviewer may not know a thing about Web design, science or picture editing. But since he uses the traffic lights almost everyday, his ignorant mind will tell him it's green so you are the one who needs a job so your sure bet for getting the job will be to dance to his ignorance - that's how you pay your bills anyways!

I tell you bro..there's no single answer to this question..it just depends on the perspective you're viewing it from.
OP ooooooo...oya come and do justice to this question and don't forget to include the perspective you're viewing it from..we dey wait you

1 Like

Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 23, 2014
scobaba:

Ehen na now you talk. If to say u talk am like ds from the. Beginning, only me for give u 5 likes(evertyn is possible) grin
lol. Oya start deh drop d likes

1 Like

Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by WoodcrestMayor(m): 12:33pm On Aug 23, 2014
@op,I knw say u don floget wetin your uncle talk say d answer be.Simply go ask am again or beta still tell am say pple dey wait am here angry
Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by Acidosis(m): 12:33pm On Aug 23, 2014
What is the opposite of Nairaland?
Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by Jesuspistol(m): 12:35pm On Aug 23, 2014
Oyinbos are WHITE - Africans are BLACK

Some oyinbos are RED in compexion - some africans too are YELLOW in complexion

On the football field we have only 2 card colors - RED and YELLOW

So na YELLOW be opposite jawe
Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by Jesuspistol(m): 12:36pm On Aug 23, 2014
Acidosis: What is the opposite of Nairaland?

Dollargrave

2 Likes

Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by Acidosis(m): 12:41pm On Aug 23, 2014
Jesuspistol:

Dollargrave
Lol!!

Well, if I find myself in that situation, I'd simply ask - "What defines 'opposite'?"
Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by Greenified(m): 12:43pm On Aug 23, 2014
RED in mirror becomes DER
Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 23, 2014
Green
Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by fidzy(m): 12:53pm On Aug 23, 2014
Interviewer: What is the opposite of red if Black is the opposite of White?

Me: In what context?
Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 23, 2014
Acidosis: What is the opposite of Nairaland?
Naira bet.
Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by cutemorgan(m): 1:06pm On Aug 23, 2014
fidzy: Interviewer: What is the opposite of red if Black is the opposite of White?

Me: In what context?

Gbam!!! grin..and the interviewer will be like; you've been given a red card from this interview tongue
Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by M4gunners: 1:06pm On Aug 23, 2014
Yomieluv: I know it,but I won't tell you.

Op,say the answer,lemme see if you are right.
Corni Man
Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by fidzy(m): 1:10pm On Aug 23, 2014
cutemorgan:

Gbam!!! grin..and the interviewer will be like; you've been given a red card from this interview tongue

Baba. Its not a crime to ask questions in an interview na...na only them get sense? undecided
Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by M4gunners: 1:13pm On Aug 23, 2014
Abeg Red = Green.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

UNIJOS Student Takes Fire Selfie While The School Is On Fire / Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos / Think Twice Before Going For Masters Degree (m.sc) - Vincent Adeoba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.