Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

Grace Grace Grace - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Grace Grace Grace (639 Views)

Music: I Am Grace ~ Grace Jerry / Grace Before Meal / A Teaching Presented On Law And Grace. Please Read And Learn/comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Grace Grace Grace by moski5(m): 5:09am On Aug 23, 2014
I and a friend for more than a year have been engaging in discussions about the GRACE OF GOD and I feel that these thoughts be shared with as many as possible and that’s one of the reasons you are reading this.

I ask that you read this book with an open mind and feel free to search out for yourself and by yourself the "Truth" of what you read here.

Ultimately the thoughts here will cause you to walk free if you are not***. They are liberating thoughts that will cause you to walk in liberty.

As you journey with me in thought through time I only ask that you be patient, analyze/search out the Truth and share these thoughts with open minded people and draw up your own conclusions. We will be glad to hear from you and answer whatever questions you may have.

NB. The thoughts here are far removed from religion as the author is not a religious person mind you JESUS didn’t bring a religion. Some thoughts here may shake up/cause you to question your previous beliefs and 'theology'

Let the Journey begin.

GRACE

The word grace is used 39times in the Old Testament. It literally means kindness, favor. The general meaning of the word grace that we know is unmerited favor and for simplicity purposes we will stick with that definition.

Let’s look at the words Unmerited and Favor separately -

Unmerited - not by work of merit

Favor - act of gracious kindness

If we put these two definitions together we have that GRACE IS An Act of Gracious Kindness to someone that has nothing to do with work/work of merit. In a lay man’s term, GRACE is KINDNESS shown to you/you experience that doesn’t require your works/effort on your part.

Having set this base line, let’s have two or three witnesses to buttress this point.

Witness 1
Eph 2:8-9 for by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. (Kjv)

Witness 2

Act 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Witness 3

Rom 3:24 being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Kjv

The New Testament is replete of scriptures that say Salvation is by HIS GRACE. It’s not by works; it’s got nothing to do with your good behavior or your righteous works. Look at this mind bugging/blowing scripture, it should change your perception and give you a new outlook. It should show you the Magnitude of HIS KINDNESS AND GRACE

Eph2: 4-5 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are savedwink
We were still in sin when HE quickened us/made us alive together with Christ. When and where did this happen? Hmmm this is outside the scope of this book; maybe in some other book. Back to the matter at hand I’ll use another scripture to close this section.

Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. (Kjv)

2Co 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. (Kjv)

Do look up these scriptures with translations like Amplified, the message, Moffat, literal translation, contemporary English version etc.
After looking up these scriptures in other translations we can move to the next thought/section

GOD'S ANGER HAS BEEN REMOVED.

Many people have lived most all their lives if not all their lives with the thought that GOD is angry with them; how frustrating this is. It’s a terrible way to live. Imagine living with the feeling that your biological Parents are not happy with you, it’s troubling let alone to think/live thinking that the GOD you serve, that created you is angry with you. GOD is not angry with you.

And shockingly, yet unknowingly, many Parents have raised their kids with the thought that GOD angry with them and these kids have never been the same. They found, in their minds, that they will never measure up to their Parents standards let alone to GODS standards so they stray away from the faith. This is one of the reasons why Preachers kids and many people raised in “Christian” homes ‘backslide’. They know their flaws and know they can’t measure up so they delve full head-on on the path on unrighteousness.

Oooooooohhhhhhh if only they were taught that GOD is not angry with them, just that HE LOVES them. GOD IS NO LONGER ANGRY with sinners. I hear somebody say noooooo, that can’t be right! Ok let’s go to the last scripture we put up

2Co 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
Another translation says (Kjv)

2Co 5:19 GOD put the world [not ‘Christians’, the world} square with HIMSELF through the MESSIAH {JESUS CHRIST}, giving the world a fresh start by offering forgiveness of sins (MSG)

People say GOD is angry because of your/our sin, NOT ANY MORE. Hmmm why? HE SETTLED THE SIN ISSUE ONCE AND FOR ALL ON THE CROSS. Hmm are you sure?

Let’s LOOKUP some more witnesses

Witness 1
John3:16 for GOD SO LOVED the world [not ‘Christians’, } {HE LOVED not was angry; HE LOVED THE WORLD, THE WORLD FULL OF SINNERS} that whosoever { ANYBODY/ANY SINNER} WHO Believes in HIM should not perish but have eternal life ((Kjv) [words in parenthesis are mine]

Witness 2
2Cor5:19 it was GOD [personally present} in Christ, reconciling and restoring the world to favor with HIMSELF, not counting up and holding against {men} their trespasses {but cancelling them], (Amp)

i) You don’t reconcile someone you hate.
ii) You don’t cancel the sins of the one you despise
iii) You count up the persons sins/faults because you are angry.
Its clear GOD is not angry with sinners
You need more witnesses?

Witness 3

Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
KJV
You don’t die for someone you are angry with.

This shatters most people’s theology because they have never been taught about HIS LOVE, HIS KINDNESS AND HIS GRACE, they always heard that HE is an Avenger, a Warrior, A Consuming fire they never heard HE’S a LOVER, A FATHER or that HE IS GOOD AND KIND. Ok maybe they heard but they never saw HIM that way. HE LOVES YOU.

Witness 4

Rom 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; do read with other translations(Kjv)

Rom 3:24 God did it for us. Out of sheer generosity he put us in right standing with himself. A pure gift. He got us out of the mess we're in and restored us to where he always wanted us to be. And he did it by means of Jesus Christ. 25 God sacrificed Jesus on the altar of the world to clear that world of sin. Having faith in him sets us in the clear. God decided on this course of action in full view of the public--to set the world in the clear with himself through the sacrifice of Jesus, finally taking care of the sins he had so patiently endured. (MSG)

To wrap up this thought you are only angry when you keep in mind/remember the wrong done you Right? Hmmm

Heb 10:17. And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. This looks a little the scripture (Kjv) 2Cor5:19b …… not counting their sins against them.(Kjv)

GOD no longer keeps a record of sin because HE PAID the penalty for sin ONCE AND FOR ALL removing sin out of the picture. I AM GLAD TO ANOUNCE TO YOU THAT SIN IS NO LONGER AN ISSUE.

Many don’t know and that’s why I am sharing these thoughts with you and I’m glad because you will share this with many others. SIN IS NO LONGER AN ISSUE GOD HAS DEALT WITH IT ONCE AND FOREVER

Heb10:18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin. (Kjv)

No more offering why? The penalty for sin was/is Death and HE DIED so no one will pay/face that penalty.

HE Died physically and spiritually so that we/you will live. HE PAID THE DEBT HE DIDN’T OWE man owed the debt he could not pay; it’s clearly stated in this song.
There was a debt to be paid and we could not pay that debt. We didn’t ask for HIS help, we didn’t tell HIM to pay the debt HE CHOSE TO PAY regardless of what we thought, who we were and not considering the fact that we may not even embrace/receive what HE DID, yet HE DID IT ANYWAY.

What kind of LOVE is this? HE PAID, HE PAID the Price without my request or consent. THANK YOU DEAR DEAR DEAR LORD, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU DEAR LORD JESUS.

Lest I get caught up in thought let’s move on: Do write down the thoughts and questions that come to mind as you read and ponder on these. Do send in your thoughts and questions.

I will put up more write up later or you can request for the full write-up.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Won't Let Any Religion Bully Me. / Religion, Faith: Why Humanity Can’t Exist Without It (a sociological POV) / Spiritual Digest For The Day 1st Of December 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.