Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,621 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:51 AM

National ID: Obasanjo, Amosun Register, Call For Inclusion Of Blood Group - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National ID: Obasanjo, Amosun Register, Call For Inclusion Of Blood Group (922 Views)

Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu / Physically Challenged Appeal For Inclusion In Buhari's Cabinet / Niger-Delta Militants Storm Abuja For Inclusion In Amnesty Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

National ID: Obasanjo, Amosun Register, Call For Inclusion Of Blood Group by Nobody: 7:56am On Aug 23, 2014
23 Aug 2014

By Sheriff Balogun

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo and Ogun State Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun yesterday registered for the National Identity cards in Abeokuta, Ogun State capital.

The former president who registered at the secretariat of National Identity Management Commission (NIMC), called for inclusion of blood group as part of data to be obtained from Nigerians.
According to Obasanjo, “I hope that as time goes on, we will even be able to include blood group of each individual so that if anybody has any accident and he needs blood transfusion, it is from his identity card that you'll know what blood group and what type of blood such requires”.

Obasanjo, however, identified importance of the cards, saying "with one identity card, we'll not need a drivers' licence, we will not need another card for voting, you will not need another card for your contributory pension, you will not need another card for your health insurance, that with one card, you will not only be identified, but you will be able to do your business throughout Nigeria.

Obasanjo said "it is a document that every Nigerian deserves which is even coming late. But we thank God that after the initial steps in 1979, more than 30 years ago, we have come back.

"I hope that this step that we are taking now will be sustained and will serve all the needs of Nigerians. It will also help us to maintain a little bit of security.

"Our Francophone sister countries have had it for so many years. When we made the attempt in 1979, there were people who were fighting against it.

Today, because it is a project, a programme and a document which time should have even come before now, nobody is protesting now".

However, Director of IT and Identity Database, Abuja, Mr. Aziz disclosed that
President Goodluck Jonathan would launch the national identity card by next week, saying "after the president launches the card, everybody who had registered can start getting it."

"On the issue of blood group raised by the former president, right now, it is not included in the card because we cannot verify the blood group of people but what we have is the National Identification Number which is also expected to be in the database of the National Health Insurance so that you can use that to connect and get that information."

"But he had advised that we should work towards updating the system and take care of the blood group issue so we insist that people should bring in their documentation before we take the data.

"The response of Nigerians is good, all along they have wanted to be identified, and we had systems before that did not work, so we had to plan this one carefully and take it to its logical conclusion. We are not in a hurry to go with a big bang and we planned this for a long time."

Governor Amosun said the ID card would help the government to execute projects and policies for Nigerians.

He said "If we know those that are within the ages of 16 and 35, I don't know how it is categorised; we would be able to plan for them. And those from 35-60, the official retirement age, we will to plan for them as well."

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/obasanjo-amosun-register-call-for-inclusion-of-blood-group-in-national-id/187068/
Re: National ID: Obasanjo, Amosun Register, Call For Inclusion Of Blood Group by Tolexander: 9:06am On Aug 23, 2014
The issue of blood group should be considered and included as stated by Pa Obasanjo.

However, the blood group shouldn't be a verbal request at the registration centre but a certificate from a registered and credible hospitals. Many Nigerians don't know their blood group and may say any blood group that comes to their mouth. This will definitely not justify the clinical purpose it is meant for.
Re: National ID: Obasanjo, Amosun Register, Call For Inclusion Of Blood Group by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 23, 2014
Blood group was included in the National ID card exercise done in 2001. Why is this recent one different?
Re: National ID: Obasanjo, Amosun Register, Call For Inclusion Of Blood Group by Descartes: 9:18am On Aug 23, 2014
Very good Idea. cool
Re: National ID: Obasanjo, Amosun Register, Call For Inclusion Of Blood Group by ahaika23: 10:21am On Aug 23, 2014
GEJ keep doing what your predecessors couldn't. We who are with you are far more than they that are against you. Ride on sir.

2 Likes

Re: National ID: Obasanjo, Amosun Register, Call For Inclusion Of Blood Group by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:10am On Aug 23, 2014
ahaika23: GEJ keep doing what your predecessors couldn't. We who are with you are far more than they that are against you. Ride on sir.
kwa!!! U're brainless!!!

It shows u were still a toddler wen the first national identity card was done! If you got one, u will knw dt exclusion of the blood group is a step backwards to what his predecessors did way back!

Besides, wetin OBJ wan use national id card for? He go soon die na.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: National ID: Obasanjo, Amosun Register, Call For Inclusion Of Blood Group by lakpalakpa: 11:18am On Aug 23, 2014
ahaika23: GEJ keep doing what your predecessors couldn't. We who are with you are far more than they that are against you. Ride on sir.

You are a M0RON.

I did a National ID Card as far back as 2003.

Which kind mumu people be these sef??

angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: National ID: Obasanjo, Amosun Register, Call For Inclusion Of Blood Group by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 23, 2014
SLIDEwaxie: kwa!!! U're brainless!!!

It shows u were still a toddler wen the first national identity card was done! If you got one, u will knw dt exclusion of the blood group is a step backwards to what his predecessors did way back!

Besides, wetin OBJ wan use national id card for? He go soon die na.. grin grin
My guy, you and your papa, OBJ, are still living in the past. This ID is different from the normal paper ID done in the past. It is not for you to carry a paper ID around. In this system, the NUMBER IS YOUR IDENTITY.

Besides, blood transfusion has moved beyond just knowing people's blood group. It is mandatory that a blood grouping and cross-matching test is determined before any transfusion is undertaken, irrespective of whether the patient blood group is already known or not. This is mandatory. No doctor would transfuse a patient based on what is written on any ID card, emergency or no emergency.

2 Likes

Re: National ID: Obasanjo, Amosun Register, Call For Inclusion Of Blood Group by joseph1832(m): 11:36am On Aug 23, 2014
berem: Blood group was included in the National ID card exercise done in 2001. Why is this recent one different?
It is different because GEJ and his band of incompetent sychophants are in charge. Any sensible individual would have thought of including it in the first place.
Re: National ID: Obasanjo, Amosun Register, Call For Inclusion Of Blood Group by joseph1832(m): 11:39am On Aug 23, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
My guy, you and your papa, OBJ, are still living in the past. This ID is different from the normal paper ID done in the past. It is not for you to carry a paper ID around. In this system, the NUMBER IS YOUR IDENTITY.

Besides, blood transfusion has moved beyond just knowing people's blood group. It is mandatory that a blood grouping and cross-matching test is determined before any transfusion is undertaken, irrespective of whether the patient blood group is already known or not. This is mandatory. No doctor would transfuse a patient based on what is written on any ID card, emergency or no emergency.
All the same, it would help lots of people to know their blood group, as I know you know, many of us Nigerians don't even know our blood group talkless of genotype.
Re: National ID: Obasanjo, Amosun Register, Call For Inclusion Of Blood Group by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 23, 2014
And where is it now?

Thief Obasanjo couldn't even accomplish easiest of tasks.

Mind I am not supporting GEJ I doubt anything would come of his own attempt either
lakpalakpa:

You are a M0RON.

I did a National ID Card as far back as 2003.

Which kind mumu people be these sef??

angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: National ID: Obasanjo, Amosun Register, Call For Inclusion Of Blood Group by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 23, 2014
joseph1832: All the same, it would help lots of people to know their blood group, as I know you know, many of us Nigerians don't even know our blood group talkless of genotype.
If you want to know your blood group, all you have to do is simply walk into any medical laboratory nearest to you. You dont need govt or the United Nations involvement for that.
Re: National ID: Obasanjo, Amosun Register, Call For Inclusion Of Blood Group by joseph1832(m): 12:01pm On Aug 23, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
If you want to know your blood group, all you have to do is simply walk into any medical laboratory nearest to you. You dont need govt or the United Nations involvement for that.
And I suppose they will do they test for me 'free of charge?'. I really wonder if you live in Nigeria or understand the mentality of the uneducated average Nigerian man.
Re: National ID: Obasanjo, Amosun Register, Call For Inclusion Of Blood Group by lakpalakpa: 1:41pm On Aug 23, 2014
GenBuhari: And where is it now?

Thief Obasanjo couldn't even accomplish easiest of tasks.

Mind I am not supporting GEJ I doubt anything would come of his own attempt either

I still have it. You wanna see the pic??

1 Like

Re: National ID: Obasanjo, Amosun Register, Call For Inclusion Of Blood Group by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:28pm On Aug 23, 2014
Sincere9gerian:

kai!!!!

Na so u dumb reach?
It is clear u didn't even have the old green plastic nation ID card grin grin
How old are u boy? U don suffer today o my man.
grin grin

So, u mean u are as classless and as clueless as GEJ ur papa? grin grin grin

Dude, the last nation ID card was pure plastic and the colour is green!!!
Re: National ID: Obasanjo, Amosun Register, Call For Inclusion Of Blood Group by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:31pm On Aug 23, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
dude, are we not talking of emergencies here? We're talking of a scenario where the victim can't even speak and needed blood like the air...

Why is anything effective a phobia to you and GEJ, your daddy sef? grin grin
Re: National ID: Obasanjo, Amosun Register, Call For Inclusion Of Blood Group by Arosa(m): 6:48pm On Aug 23, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
blood transfusion has moved beyond just knowing people's blood group. It is mandatory that a blood grouping and cross-matching test is determined before any transfusion is undertaken, irrespective of whether the patient blood group is already known or not. This is mandatory. No doctor would transfuse a patient based on what is written on any ID card, emergency or no emergency.

Well said.
Re: National ID: Obasanjo, Amosun Register, Call For Inclusion Of Blood Group by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:56pm On Aug 23, 2014
Why would you want your blood type or any of your medical history for that matter be public info? Might as well put your IQ score on the i.d card too while we're at it.

(1) (Reply)

Davies Dares Sheriff To Go To Court.boasts Australian Lawyers Are Not Corrupt / How Soldier Raped Me 3 Times Under Dongoyaro Tree - Student / m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.