Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,422 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

The Meanings Of The Word Reasonable - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Meanings Of The Word Reasonable (518 Views)

Opinion: The Word "Champagne" Is Being Spelt/pronounced Wrongly;let's Analyse It / Define "Life" Without Using The Word "A" And "IS" / Understanding The Word FAMZING (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Meanings Of The Word Reasonable by Welrez(m): 9:23am On Aug 23, 2014
I created this thread to enlighten those who may not know that the word reasonable has multiple meanings that are closely related, but at scrutiny reveals a lot of differences. I could remember when someone told me that a particular old man was reasonable. I was confused and was only able to arrive at the true meaning after more questions and clarifications.
The word reasonable can take any of these meanings:
1. That which can be reasoned out
2. That which can be reasoned with
3. That which has reason
4. That which can listen to reason
5. That which is consistent with reason
6. That which can reason.
So when next you use it, please endeavour to make your meaning clear by adding an explanation of what you really mean.
Re: The Meanings Of The Word Reasonable by Welrez(m): 10:21am On Aug 23, 2014
MOD, please move it to frontpage for the the sake of grammar. Thank you.
Re: The Meanings Of The Word Reasonable by Justeenaleo(f): 11:14am On Aug 23, 2014
Cool

1 Like

Re: The Meanings Of The Word Reasonable by Welrez(m): 1:27pm On Aug 23, 2014
Justeenaleo: Cool
Thank you. The Consistent use of right words in speech and writing is difficult to acquire and there are many words prone to misuse and abuse. But we must strive to develop ear to discern meaning of words to avoid confusion.

(1) (Reply)

The Poet's Mathematics / Help Needed / The Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.