Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,237 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) (139828 Views)

23 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria With Mind Blowing Fees / Top 10 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. / Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by 50calibre(m): 3:13pm On Aug 23, 2014
iwonbaoko: As long as the dog die who cares

Yeah but you die first. Everybody must die someday, what matters is when.

My mum will still be alive long after you've died of poverty. Fact!!

25 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Jinyjagz(m): 3:15pm On Aug 23, 2014
iwonbaoko: So that is the best you can say ? Your mother will die of cancer
nice one dere joh...dat dude is to rude

31 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by WoodcrestMayor(m): 3:29pm On Aug 23, 2014
Lmao!!!
Zedric: Guy, pesin vex u b4?
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 23, 2014
50calibre:

She will die a painful cold cancerous death that is all . You will be a witness to that

27 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by 50calibre(m): 4:01pm On Aug 23, 2014
iwonbaoko: She will die a painful cold cancerous death that is all . You will be a witness to that

Doesn't matter, you die first anyway.
Your parents are already dead, just you left, you'd join them soon enough.

I pick cancer over poverty anytime & any day.

7 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Justeenaleo(f): 4:14pm On Aug 23, 2014
You guys,stop,this is childish.

25 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Kzinne: 4:24pm On Aug 23, 2014
faithugo64: most of the students there dnt study despite the huge amount they pay,they sometimes cant stand students from a community secondary school,its not about d money,the question is,at the end,which do you graduate with;a certificate or a sabificate
don't agree with you. what community secondary schools are you talking about? those street schools in lagos where hooligans come to for free education. where the teachers are paid very ridiculous sums as salaries. these private schools are way better. the only schools in nigeria that can beat them are the Kings Colleges, Queens colleges, and the first generation FGCs (federal government colleges- sagamu, ijaniki, odogbolu, enugu, ilorin). apart from these schools, sorry you are on a very long thing

16 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by hausadreturn(m): 4:39pm On Aug 23, 2014
HarrveySpecter:
Yeah, that's it. Thanks

It's mostly for networking. Just like people that school in Harvard.
what does it mean?
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by hausadreturn(m): 4:42pm On Aug 23, 2014
50calibre:

Hungry man!! You're not Dangote, (most people cannot and will not be Dangote) Dangote's Uncle was once the richest man in west Africa, who is the richest person in your family history?

Stop consoling yourself for your substandard education & face reality, work hard so you can afford your kids the luxury your parents couldn't afford you.
must u draw first blood? Tell me, what exactly warranted all these?

26 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by hausadreturn(m): 4:51pm On Aug 23, 2014
Kzinne: don't agree with you. what community secondary schools are you talking about? those street schools in lagos where hooligans come to for free education. where the teachers are paid very ridiculous sums as salaries. these private schools are way better. the only schools in nigeria that can beat them are the Kings Colleges, Queens colleges, and the first generation FGCs (federal government colleges- sagamu, ijaniki, odogbolu, enugu, ilorin). apart from these schools, sorry you are on a very long thing
i agree with u a bit, but Kings & Queens colleges were d best in d 1940s, 50s, etc.
Apart from these rich schools mentioned, i dont think they're top top. Gone are d days.

2 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by hausadreturn(m): 4:58pm On Aug 23, 2014
But which is better? Taking your kids to uk (eaton hall) etc, to study than paying that kind of fees here?

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Seroautos: 5:06pm On Aug 23, 2014
HOW TO WALK LIKE A LADY

The way you move, stand, sit, use your hands or place your feet silently communicates to the world. A woman should express her beauty not only with her physical features, but in the way she moves with poise and grace. A beautiful walk is the sign of a graceful poised woman. Follow these steps.

1.} Lift your thigh slightly. Don't lead with your shoulders.

2.} For a feminine walk, the space between your steps should be about the length of your foot. Too long a stride is masculine, too short is mincing.

3.} On each step your heel should touch the floor first, then quickly shift the weight forward to the entire foot as you take the next step. Keep your feet close to the ground when you lift them. visit www.ladieswinds.com to learn more.

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Kzinne: 5:08pm On Aug 23, 2014
hausadreturn: i agree with u a bit, but Kings & Queens colleges were d best in d 1940s, 50s, etc.
Apart from these rich schools mentioned, i dont think they're top top. Gone are d days.
think the question related to comparisons with the state schools. the kcs and qcs are still of a high standard compared to the expensive schools the op was talking about. most of these expensive schools ensure that there students pass their exams hook or by crook. who would pay such and not expect the best results for their wards? however the kcs, qcs, fgcs (first generation) are govt owned and not for profit. so the students would have to work hard to get good results, and do that on their own

2 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by hausadreturn(m): 5:26pm On Aug 23, 2014
Kzinne: think the question related to comparisons with the state schools. the kcs and qcs are still of a high standard compared to the expensive schools the op was talking about. most of these expensive schools ensure that there students pass their exams hook or by crook. who would pay such and not expect the best results for their wards? however the kcs, qcs, fgcs (first generation) are govt owned and not for profit. so the students would have to work hard to get good results, and do that on their own
na so o. Infact i dont see these names amongst those that win intellectual competitions. Apart maybe from d one someone mentioned - Jesuit Loyola @ Abuja

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by MaGenT77: 5:27pm On Aug 23, 2014
DAYWATERMAN COLLEGE
holar2ge:

Laural or Mercyland College
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by nigerianvenom(m): 5:36pm On Aug 23, 2014
50calibre:

You're missing the point, this isn't just about the academics, it's about the whole package.

In terms of quality, you can't compare those schools to the average Nigerian school, the environment, the teachers, the facilities, the intellectual level, the pattern of learning.... are miles ahead of Nigerian standards.
Those schools are for the creme de la creme, no wannabe thugs, no poor people & most likely no bullies. Every kid is such school comes from an upper class, there kids develop network of important friends which comes handy in life. That's why you'd notice people of an upper class belong to a certain clique, these are where those cliques are formed.
People who send their kids there are not fools, if you got the money, send your kids there.

story! did GEJ studied in such school?
did akpabio studied in such school?
did arthur eze,adenuga and their likes studied in such school?
the answer is no.
when God decides to lift u,ur place of study is insignificant my bro

44 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by nigerianvenom(m): 5:37pm On Aug 23, 2014
iwonbaoko: Which school did Dangote attend?

God bless u for pin pointing this

7 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by nigerianvenom(m): 5:39pm On Aug 23, 2014
50calibre:

Hungry man!! You're not Dangote, (most people cannot and will not be Dangote) Dangote's Uncle was once the richest man in west Africa, who is the richest person in your family history?

Stop consoling yourself for your substandard education & face reality, work hard so you can afford your kids the luxury your parents couldn't afford you.

is he telling u that he is poor?
or u feel he is poor for asking pertinent question.
we nigerians nay africa loves following the negative crowd.ffk that went to all the best schools,is he better than his peers that didnt ?

34 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by iconize(m): 5:50pm On Aug 23, 2014
9jacrip, come and tell us where you've seen lemon coloured peas in the world.

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by nigerianvenom(m): 5:53pm On Aug 23, 2014
wikiman: prolly Ebola free environment.....the best and most expensive secondary school to take children to is SCHOOL OF THE HOME....but usually too "expensive" and demanding for many Nigeria parents... who will rather sit down with laliga or EPL than to educate their kids in simple maths and physics...and some funny mothers busy with selfies and BBA while the kids brain rot...smh

may God bless u for this insightful comment.
wen i was in jss,i was in a local secondary but was moved to a high profile boarding school in ss1 through ss3,but i can tell u that i was better off in dat local secondary than the prestiged boarding school which was far so expensive as at then.my kids wont repeat such mistake i made.

3 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by nigerianvenom(m): 5:54pm On Aug 23, 2014
iwonbaoko: As long as the dog die who cares

pls dont insult him bro
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by nigerianvenom(m): 5:56pm On Aug 23, 2014
50calibre:

pls d insult is ok.u started it first with ur choice of words.pls stop it.tans bro

5 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by nigerianvenom(m): 5:59pm On Aug 23, 2014
Kzinne: don't agree with you. what community secondary schools are you talking about? those street schools in lagos where hooligans come to for free education. where the teachers are paid very ridiculous sums as salaries. these private schools are way better. the only schools in nigeria that can beat them are the Kings Colleges, Queens colleges, and the first generation FGCs (federal government colleges- sagamu, ijaniki, odogbolu, enugu, ilorin). apart from these schools, sorry you are on a very long thing

dont underestimate the strength of that street kids.they are always so good.these so called sharp "kids" are not necessarily brilliant.

3 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by solsticey2k3(m): 6:14pm On Aug 23, 2014
Not all these schools that charge high fees really impact d money's worth in their pupils. D fact still remains, some schools that charge even five times less, will have a better impact on their pupils.

4 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by 50calibre(m): 6:23pm On Aug 23, 2014
nigerianvenom:
is he telling u that he is poor?
or u feel he is poor for asking pertinent question.
we nigerians nay africa loves following the negative crowd.ffk that went to all the best schools,is he better than his peers that didnt ?

nigerianvenom:
story! did GEJ studied in such school?
did akpabio studied in such school?
did arthur eze,adenuga and their likes studied in such school?
the answer is no.
when God decides to lift u,ur place of study is insignificant my bro

Loool look at your role models, Jonathan, akpabio,... Clueless mofos who are only products of Nigerian's shambolic education, people who don't merit the positions they occupy.

These fu*cktards you mentioned were incubated in shambolic schools & it's evident today, their cluelessness is further impoverishing Nigerians.

Adenuga studied in the US at some point, & I guarantee you his kids are in some the best schools because he recognises the benefit of quality education.

Quit trying to fault these schools, & work hard so you can afford to send your kids there. The quality is better, people know that, Parents who send their kids there are not fools.

38 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by holar2ge(m): 6:39pm On Aug 23, 2014
i dont tink ve heard of it before
MaGenT77: DAYWATERMAN COLLEGE
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by cole265(m): 6:44pm On Aug 23, 2014
It just has to be so. There is a price for quality. Ifone can afford the money, please do take up the opportutunity. Not is vomparable to good education. Imagine the condusive environment, quality and well paid staff, health and safty, child protection and welfare, assurance of good academic result, networking, mirality, confidence and exposure. The gains are just too numerous.

10 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Kzinne: 6:54pm On Aug 23, 2014
hausadreturn: na so o. Infact i dont see these names amongst those that win intellectual competitions. Apart maybe from d one someone mentioned - Jesuit Loyola @ Abuja
people on this site just blab intellectual this or that. stop abusing the word intellectual. what school did you attend? must be one of those street schools

2 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by hausadreturn(m): 7:09pm On Aug 23, 2014
Kzinne: people on this site just blab intellectual this or that. stop abusing the word intellectual. what school did you attend? must be one of those street schools
your point?
Fine, i attended a street school but yet i can access d internet, & still comment on issues on nairaland. Even if i didnt scale through other things with flying colours, this alone is a plus.
>
u just didnt comprehend well enough. Go & make some researches on some academic competitions held in Nigeria...these schools are not always there as winners - that is what i meant - lobatan

14 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by ZACHIE: 7:53pm On Aug 23, 2014
In the event of significant loss of revenue of the parents, these kids get suicidal when asked to change school to a less fancied one.
The switch can be damaging.
If you do not have long standing full proof sources of incomes,don't send your children to such schools.
The other matter is parents earn bragging rights with such schools.
It is actually about their ego puffing parents,ni more no less

10 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by chumakk: 8:00pm On Aug 23, 2014
If you are making 50k per month and your child is any expensive school above. You need cane

11 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by remsonik(f): 8:03pm On Aug 23, 2014
50calibre:

That was too harsh and pls quit displaying your ignorance here. Who told you quality education is the only key to being successful. Its about your passion,dreams,goals,working with what you have to get to where you wanna be. Some of the worlds richest people today attributed their success to their dreams and going out all the way to achieve them. If his parents can't afford luxury doesn't mean he won't achieve his dreams through hard work and determination.
Yea those schools are good cos of the clique and the connections they give you,but all that is just a plus and an added accolade to your dreams and hardwork. A child can still attend those schools and not have a dream that's has big as his fathers. It goes beyond going to an expensive school and using your father's connection to get a well paying job or start a business!!!

40 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Futminna 2012/2013 Aspirants, Lets Meet Here. / Secondary School Girls Caught Twerking And Grinding On Male Students & Kissing / 2014/2015 UNIBEN Postgraduate Aspirants,lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.