Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,216 members, 7,822,101 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria (54192 Views)

NUC Releases List Of Illegal Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria / Agbami 2014 Has Started Awarding / List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by dridowu: 6:29pm On Aug 24, 2014
Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by gbenga4sure(m): 6:33pm On Aug 24, 2014
Good development.Wish they could also cancel all degree courses study centers nationwide.

1 Like

Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by Donfamous(m): 8:46pm On Aug 24, 2014
Even huadegbe onrth American uni? Can't biliv dis chai!! Thank God say I changed ma mind

1 Like

Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by thegoodone2(m): 11:18pm On Aug 24, 2014
but d student of those school are usen it in Nigeria. That no 3
Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:42pm On Aug 24, 2014
Funny enough, I've never heard of any.

1 Like

Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 24, 2014
Lol university of industry yaba
Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 24, 2014
Now they have made it public, what difference did it make? Let me sit back and read your comments. smiley

1 Like

Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by BE811APP: 11:48pm On Aug 24, 2014
Its Sad.. Gulliible Nigerians still attend schools like this...

What d hell is united nigerian university

5 Likes

Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by ayusco85(m): 11:51pm On Aug 24, 2014
i weep for my country naija
Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by abbakacici: 11:54pm On Aug 24, 2014
emeralddayo: federal college of complementary and alternative medicine...see name..is there an alternative to medicine?
African or China or Indian herbal medicine are called alternative medicine and you can have a msc alternative medicine in some of the top universities in the world

3 Likes

Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by akpanikpe(m): 11:55pm On Aug 24, 2014
Ooh! Boy I been think say I go first to comment for the first time, see sharp peeps them na wa.
Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 24, 2014
I have never heard of them...and their names sound illegal in my ears. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by xynerise: 11:55pm On Aug 24, 2014
The names alone na FRAUD. People dumb sha
Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by Eyop: 11:57pm On Aug 24, 2014
what do you expect after sitting for Jamb and scoring below 100 grin grin even when they manage to defeat Jamb another obstacle is post Jamb so they must help themselves cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:00am On Aug 25, 2014
k
Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by segradino(m): 12:00am On Aug 25, 2014
na wa o
Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by Rilwayne001: 12:02am On Aug 25, 2014
Veey nice exposition
Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by sylve11: 12:09am On Aug 25, 2014
which kind school names be these? grin grin cool
Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by aspirebig: 12:12am On Aug 25, 2014
It is not limited to those listed. Some 419 guys even used unical name to organise and defraud alot of people in Lagos . They had unical Agege campus, unical Omole campus, near Akiode b/stop, Unical Ikeja campus in a sec sch in ikeja etc. They normally used sec sch and run d programmes only on Saturdays and Sundays.

They operate under this name,Clafel educational center, formally at Oyemekun bus stop, they later moved to Ogba just behind one eatery.

Pls if you see anyone with this Clafel name, na 419 ooo, run fast. Nigeria is a big Country and we place so much emphasis on degree, so alot of people who are not opportuned to get their degree when they were younger want it now as a working class.

But, one thing is certain, Clafel may have defrauded people, that curse of eating people sweat by trick is transgenerational. Except, if God is not God, if God is God, those guys will surely suffer for their sin. No pastor can erase that.

These guys used unical name to defraud people, in the name of running undergraduate courses,PGD, M.sc , MBA, and other weekend programmes. A lot of guys who attended the sch were working class guys, from banks, , corporate bodies, business guys, fresh graduates, etc. I believe that most of them are on NL. You need to be in one of those sec schs on weekends to see the type of cars students were driving, being Postgraduates school, it was like the suvs, cars were carefully selected.
One Oye on 080566033915, worked with them, even one Dr Ben , one Ebele that worked with Afribank HQ, also worked with them, they operated btw 2007 to 2010. These guys, Oye and co were employed to assist in lying to the students that the programme was real.They even issue Unical idcards to students, imagine. I think our environment also encouraged these miscreants parading themselves as educational centres. Why would a big sch like University of Calabar allow people to be using their name to defraud people .It is better you go to a govt owned uni, have rest of mind than wasting your time and money on some 419ers and later you wont see result. Shine your eyes well o. Or they will even give you a fake result.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by duni04(m): 12:16am On Aug 25, 2014
aspirebig: It is not limited to those listed. Some 419 guys even used unical name to organise and defraud alot of people in Lagos . They had unical Agege campus, unical Omole campus, near Akiode b/stop, Unical Ikeja campus in a sec sch in ikeja. They normally used sec sch and run d programmes only o Saturdays and Sundays.

They operate under this name,Clafel educational center, formally at Oyemekun bus stop, they later moved to Ogba just behind one eatery.

Pls if you see anyone with this clafel name, na 419 ooo, run fast. Nigeria is a big Country and we place so much emphasis on degree, so alot of people who are not opportuned to get their degree when they were younger want it now ad a working class.

These guys used unical name to defraud people, in the name of running undergraduate courses,PGD, M.sc , MBA, and other weekend programmes.

One Oye, worked with them, even one Dr Ben, one Ebele that worked with Afribank HQ, also worked with them, they operated btw 2007 to 2010. Sometimes, I think our environment aldo encouraged these miscreants parading themselves as educational centres. Why would a big sch like unical allow people to be using their name to defraud people .It is better you go to a govt owned uni, have rest of mind than wasting your time and money on some 419ers and later you wont see result. Shine your eyes well o.
I will
Did you report them to the police?

1 Like

Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by daveP(m): 12:17am On Aug 25, 2014
Fifom!! That sounds like the sound from a local drum!! grin

wait o, i jst saw Acada! Have they won any inter-university competition?

Chai( plate of spaghetti falls from his hand @ the sight of one) OLYM-WHAT? OLYMPIC........ Blessing Okagbare graduated from there or what? grin grin grin

I feareth name. Name get power!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by Originalsly: 12:21am On Aug 25, 2014
chumakk: The NUC or whatever should find out if the universities above are doing a good job and approved them but not closing them down. They are helping to reduce the amount of uneducated masses. What proof do you have that our so-called approved schools are better than the unapproved ones?
The FG or whatever should first find out if counterfeiters are doing a good job and approve them but not closing them down and putting them in prison.They are helping to reduce the amount of broke jobless masses.What proof do you have that our so- called approved money is better than the unapproved ones?

1 Like

Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by fromadistance(f): 12:34am On Aug 25, 2014
Blacksmith University in Awka?Anyway, Pls in what part of Awka is it located cos I've never heard of such uni here.
Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by aspirebig: 12:36am On Aug 25, 2014
duni04:
Did you report them to the police?

Almost everyone was busy, so nobody has the time and energy to report to police. You know how the Nigeria Police works, you can spend more time and money than you ever imagined, so many people moved on, but guy, it was a big fraud. Do you know how many people paid over 200k in that sch for MBA? I always have it in mind to do a comprehensive thread on this that will expose Clafel, very well.

1 Like

Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:40am On Aug 25, 2014
all these backyard schools sef. by the name alone a potential undergraduate should know its fake
Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by Donmichaelz(m): 12:42am On Aug 25, 2014
80% are from east... igbo kwenu
Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:45am On Aug 25, 2014
The government should legalize them quickly than banning them. There is no enough higher institutions in Nigeria to meet demand. Indeed, there is urgent need for skills acquisition centers and other vocational schools to be set up, mostly, in engineering related fields. We are too myopic in addressing our problems. Nigerians should learn to turn their failure into success. That is a COMMON sense! SH*T! angry lipsrsealed cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by aspirebig: 12:49am On Aug 25, 2014
The Clafel guys are big time fraudsters, they have the normally Unical question paper , they type you will see Calabar, even their lecturers sold handouts, textbooks, you pay for project supervisor, get topics, he will approve the one that favours him, probably, then you will type, bind and do all those stuff like the normal degree days.It looked so real and ok, but na pure 419. I will get their full details like their courses, sch fees lecturers name and phone numbers and post it once I have them.

1 Like

Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by melvinkings: 12:54am On Aug 25, 2014
lusciouslex: Why is MADONNA not in this list? Most of you wanna be graduates are being salvaged by all these private illegally legal schools. JAMB: will do it to 'em over and over again.
Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by aspirebig: 1:11am On Aug 25, 2014
Appswheel:
The National Universities Commission (NUC) wishes to announce to the general public, especially parents and prospective undergraduates, that the under-listed “Degree Mills” have not been licensed by the Federal Government and have, therefore, been closed down for violating the Education (National
Minimum Standards etc.) Act CAP E3 Law of the Federation of Nigeria 2004.

The “Universities” are:
# Clafel educational centre Ogba, Lagos .Unical study center.
1) University of Accountancy and Management Studies, operating anywhere in Nigeria.
2) Christians of Charity American University of Science & Technology, Nkpor, Anambra State or any of its other campuses
3) University of Industry, Yaba, Lagos or any of its other campuses
4) University of Applied Sciences & Management, Port Novo, Republic of Benin or any of its other campuses in Nigeria
5) Blacksmith University, Awka or any of its other campuses
6) Volta University College, Ho, Volta Region, Ghana or any of its other campuses in Nigeria
7) Royal University Izhia, P.O. Box 800, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State or any of its other campuses
cool Atlanta University, Anyigba, Kogi State or any of its other campuses
9) Sunday Adokpela University, Otada Adoka, Otukpo, Benue State or any of its
other campuses.
10) United Christian University, Macotis Campus, Imo State or any of its other campuses.
11) United Nigeria University College, Okija, Anambra State or any of its other campuses.
12) Samuel Ahmadu University, Makurdi, Benue State or any of its other campuses.
13) UNESCO University, Ndoni, Rivers State or any of its other campuses.
14) Saint Augustine’s University of Technology, Jos, Plateau State or any of its other
campuses
15) The International University, Missouri, USA, Kano and Lagos Study Centres, or any of its campuses in Nigeria
16) Collumbus University, UK operating anywhere in Nigeria
17) Tiu International University, UK operating anywhere in Nigeria
18) Pebbles University, UK operating anywhere in Nigeria`
19) London External Studies UK operating anywhere in Nigeria.
20) Pilgrims University operating anywhere in Nigeria.
21) Lobi Business School Makurdi, Benue State or any of its campuses in Nigeria.
22) West African Christian University operating anywhere in Nigeria.
23) Bolta University College Aba or any of its campuses in Nigeria.
24) JBC Seminary Inc. (Wukari Jubilee University) Kaduna Illegal Campus
25) Westlan University, Esie, Kwara State or any of its campuses in Nigeria.
26) St. Andrews University College, Abuja or any of its campuses in Nigeria.
27) EC-Council University, USA, Ikeja Lagos Study Centre.
28) Atlas University, Ikot Udoso Uko, Uyo Akwa Ibom State or any of its campuses in Nigeria
Source

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ASUU Announces ‘Conditional Suspension’ Of Strike / IT Staff Defrauds Covenant University Of N180 Million, Rides Chopper To Work / HELP! Is Surname The First Name Or Last Name?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.