Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,195 members, 7,953,704 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:04 AM

NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria (54295 Views)

NUC Releases List Of Illegal Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria / Agbami 2014 Has Started Awarding / List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:21am On Aug 25, 2014
Appswheel:
The National Universities Commission (NUC) wishes to announce to the general public, especially parents and prospective undergraduates, that the under-listed “Degree Mills” have not been licensed by the Federal Government and have, therefore, been closed down for violating the Education (National
Minimum Standards etc.) Act CAP E3 Law of the Federation of Nigeria 2004.

The “Universities” are:
1) University of Accountancy and Management Studies, operating anywhere in Nigeria.
2) Christians of Charity American University of Science & Technology, Nkpor, Anambra State or any of its other campuses
3) University of Industry, Yaba, Lagos or any of its other campuses
4) University of Applied Sciences & Management, Port Novo, Republic of Benin or any of its other campuses in Nigeria
5) Blacksmith University, Awka or any of its other campuses
6) Volta University College, Ho, Volta Region, Ghana or any of its other campuses in Nigeria
7) Royal University Izhia, P.O. Box 800, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State or any of its other campuses
cool Atlanta University, Anyigba, Kogi State or any of its other campuses
9) Sunday Adokpela University, Otada Adoka, Otukpo, Benue State or any of its
other campuses.
10) United Christian University, Macotis Campus, Imo State or any of its other campuses.
11) United Nigeria University College, Okija, Anambra State or any of its other campuses.
12) Samuel Ahmadu University, Makurdi, Benue State or any of its other campuses.
13) UNESCO University, Ndoni, Rivers State or any of its other campuses.
14) Saint Augustine’s University of Technology, Jos, Plateau State or any of its other
campuses
15) The International University, Missouri, USA, Kano and Lagos Study Centres, or any of its campuses in Nigeria
16) Collumbus University, UK operating anywhere in Nigeria
17) Tiu International University, UK operating anywhere in Nigeria
18) Pebbles University, UK operating anywhere in Nigeria`
19) London External Studies UK operating anywhere in Nigeria.
20) Pilgrims University operating anywhere in Nigeria.
21) Lobi Business School Makurdi, Benue State or any of its campuses in Nigeria.
22) West African Christian University operating anywhere in Nigeria.
23) Bolta University College Aba or any of its campuses in Nigeria.
24) JBC Seminary Inc. (Wukari Jubilee University) Kaduna Illegal Campus
25) Westlan University, Esie, Kwara State or any of its campuses in Nigeria.
26) St. Andrews University College, Abuja or any of its campuses in Nigeria.
27) EC-Council University, USA, Ikeja Lagos Study Centre.
28) Atlas University, Ikot Udoso Uko, Uyo Akwa Ibom State or any of its campuses in Nigeria
Source

I need to educate myself more on the explosions of all these private schools in Nigeria but safe to say that I won't be taking any CV seriously if it doesn't have formal education from universities that existed prior to 1980.

I'm sure I'm not the only one so consider that if you're applying for jobs based on attending this seemingly fly by night ran out of one parlor schools and you're not getting offers.
Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by Dymondgurl(f): 1:24am On Aug 25, 2014
lusciouslex: Why is MADONNA not in this list? Most of you wanna be graduates are being salvaged by all these private illegally legal schools. JAMB: will do it to 'em over and over again.
and why shud madonna be in the list huh?! Pls make proper findings before coming here to spew rubbish from ur mouth!

6 Likes

Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by begwong: 2:16am On Aug 25, 2014
Phame: And the students are at the receiving end here. Sms!
who sent the students there. Were d univ included in jamb brochure abi no be throu jamb dem get admision
Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by Nosyke(m): 2:17am On Aug 25, 2014
NUC should be more proactive - as a matter of urgency NUC embark on a massive sensitization using the various media channels especially new media (Facebook, Twitter etc) since most of the admission seeking public are youths. These are in addition to conventional media like TV, radio and newspaper adverts to capture parents.

They should also include a comprehensive list of 'approved/legal universities' both at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels in every year's JAMB, WAEC , NECO,NABTEB brochures. Furthermore, they should also make adequate enlightenment visits to Association of Principals of Nigeria; this way principals sound pass the information across to their SS 3 students who are most likely to seek admission into higher institutions.

Finally, parents should always ensure they know where their wards apply to for admission not just to check legality or not of the potential schools but also to be sure of the financial implications of such schools.

1 Like

Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by kunlesehan(m): 2:38am On Aug 25, 2014
chumakk: The NUC or whatever should find out if the universities above are doing a good job and approved them but not closing them down. They are helping to reduce the amount of uneducated masses. What proof do you have that our so-called approved schools are better than the unapproved ones?
Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by AdemolaA2: 2:54am On Aug 25, 2014
Nosyke: NUC should be more proactive - as a matter of urgency NUC embark on a massive sensitization using the various media channels especially new media (Facebook, Twitter etc) since most of the admission seeking public are youths. These are in addition to conventional media like TV, radio and newspaper adverts to capture parents.

They should also include a comprehensive list of 'approved/legal universities' both at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels in every year's JAMB, WAEC , NECO,NABTEB brochures. Furthermore, they should also make adequate enlightenment visits to Association of Principals of Nigeria; this way principals sound pass the information across to their SS 3 students who are most likely to seek admission into higher institutions.

Finally, parents should always ensure they know where their wards apply to for admission not just to check legality or not of the potential schools but also to be sure of the financial implications of such schools.
.. I totally concur bro.good points you have just raised here !!!
Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by linearity: 3:35am On Aug 25, 2014
One don't almost need this list, the names are so fake that, it must take someone who is so desperate or daft to enroll in those schools.
Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by ndidibabe(f): 5:25am On Aug 25, 2014
BE811APP: Its Sad.. Gulliible Nigerians still attend schools like this...

What d hell is united nigerian university
What do you think of those studying online? I am contemplating running a Ph.d online at the University of Liverpool.
Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by lusciouslex: 5:33am On Aug 25, 2014
Dymondgurl: and why shud madonna be in the list huh?! Pls make proper findings before coming here to spew rubbish from ur mouth!
Am so sure you attend/attended MADONNA. How many times did you fail JAMB? Almost all MADONNA girls I know of are so arrogant and saucy. Is it because of your peanut tuition fee? The certificate is awarded in character and in learning; of which you have none.
Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by Allen1: 5:34am On Aug 25, 2014
One site that deserves more exposure that it is actually getting right now, is Netropolis NG.

Well, Aside from the the obvious alternatively modern content they have, they are different from the popular bloggers like naij and the host of them, but i've spent a few weeks really reading their content. These guys do research, they seem to be committed to issues that are not often talked about in mainstream media. The have also, a kick as section where they show you how to protect your privacy online and defend against these small time scammers.
So, has any one heard about this? www.netropolisng.com

Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by cuteprinz(m): 5:34am On Aug 25, 2014
Lol@ DEGREE MILLS
Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:45am On Aug 25, 2014
I bet you some of their students dey hia

1 Like

Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by fiverrwin(f): 5:47am On Aug 25, 2014
I ve never heard of them.
Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:02am On Aug 25, 2014
iyke926: Interviewer: So which school did u graduated from?

Adamu: Atlanta University.

Interviewer: Wow..that's cool. How is state of Georgia like now? Because its been a while I visited

Adamu: So u know her too? I broke up with Georgia and I've neva called nor heard from her for 2 months now sadsad. Sir, if i were you, I won't visit her again walahi. She is not a girl to trust.

Interviewer:#embarassed adjusts spectacles and looks at him quizzically then flips through the pages of his CV# : I can see u graduated from Atlanta University, Kogi state. Thats alright. Uhmm...Mr Adamu, u may now leave. D company gon get back to you via your email.

Adamu: Thank you sir gringrin

lmao cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by omoredia: 6:32am On Aug 25, 2014
Get one

Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by Edunwa302(m): 6:36am On Aug 25, 2014
Does it really mean no one is a victim of dis schools , the person shld come up in defence of the schl.
All I no is that nuc is looking for there pocket those above schl r those that didn't pay their tit
Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by LilPeezy(m): 6:45am On Aug 25, 2014
Illegal schools....hmmmmmmm#yawning#
Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 6:46am On Aug 25, 2014
I read this piece on nairaland in year 2012.

1 Like

Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:49am On Aug 25, 2014
Blacksmith Uni? grin wetin dem dey teach 4 there? Hw to make cutlass? 9ja ehnn
Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by biomedixexcel(m): 7:00am On Aug 25, 2014
Most of the names are funny
Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:10am On Aug 25, 2014
Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by Fourwinds: 7:11am On Aug 25, 2014
ooooh. no wonder I use to hear of fake NYSC orientation camps...Abajo...fake universities also go with fake camps. seasons of man must wack

1 Like

Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by Fourwinds: 7:17am On Aug 25, 2014
linearity: One don't almost need this list, the names are so fake that, it must take someone who is so desperate or daft to enroll in those schools.
very true. d docile candidates
Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by deb(m): 7:17am On Aug 25, 2014
And people foolishly registered to study in suxh schools? Desperation or Stupidity?
Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by Nelrulez(m): 7:26am On Aug 25, 2014
They all have cool and nice names, could have fallen for any as an admission seeker.
Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by Chibokgame: 7:37am On Aug 25, 2014
Just as Bitter Kola was not appropriate for curing ebola virus ,

So does these institutions not competent to awarding Degree.

You can go, study for knowledge and get a certificate but not a degree .
Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by hermesprogidy(m): 7:50am On Aug 25, 2014
emeralddayo: federal college of complementary and alternative medicine...see name..is there an alternative to medicine?
Is this an attempt at a joke? Of course there's a phrase called alternative medicine. It's used in Public Health circles. It means medicine that is not Western eg . Acupuncture and other types of traditional medicine. Get the drift?

1 Like

Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by Meringe(m): 8:24am On Aug 25, 2014
lusciouslex: Am so sure you attend/attended MADONNA. How many times did you fail JAMB? Almost all MADONNA girls I know of are so arrogant and saucy. Is it because of your peanut tuition fee? The certificate is awarded in character and in learning; of which you have none.
My friend be civil. She didn't insult you, why involving her parents. stop hating, Madonna has come to stay and its making waves. get a life and stop spewing ur ignorance out here.
Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by lusciouslex: 8:34am On Aug 25, 2014
Meringe:
My friend be civil. She didn't insult you, why involving her parents. stop hating, Madonna has come to stay and its making waves. get a life and stop spewing ur ignorance out here.
It's a free world. Every Tom, DICK and Harry wants to be heard and recognized. In the midst of plenty, a FOOL is TASTY.
Re: NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria by Emma8043(m): 8:37am On Aug 25, 2014
Am a victim of one of the schools which is Atlantic intercontinetal university okija/uli and i dnt even wish my enemy to be a victim of time and resources wasteing all their aim is jst to extort money frm the student and be telling them different stories. You need to see lecture class laf go kill you and also the self proclaim profs dat lectures there na only God go save Nigeria thank God am a graduate frm F.U.T MX

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy / Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad / 10 Types Of Lecturers You Meet In The University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.