Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,862 members, 7,821,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Is God Deaf? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God Deaf? (3106 Views)

Is GOD GOOD TO YOU THIS YEAR / 10 Sermons Most Young Ladies Will Likely Turn Deaf Ears To / Is "God" Of The Old Testament Satan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is God Deaf? by AloyEmeka9: 6:53pm On Oct 23, 2008
Sometimes it's difficult to pray in our churches because of the new practices that emanate in Christendom day by day. What is the purpose of shouting, screaming and yelling during prayer sessions in the church because the drama distracts me a lot?.  Is God deaf?.

Do you have to make repetitive plea to God over one issue? Is God deaf and forgetful?

Will your dancing, theatric stunts and tears make God to come to your rescue? Can God be persuaded?

the irony of this is if you refuse to do the same and pray quietly, some will view you as unGodly and an unbeliever. Are this people screaming on top of their voices not Pharisees?. ShiiiiiiiiiT!!!
Re: Is God Deaf? by mazaje(m): 7:02pm On Oct 23, 2008
of course. . all the gods are deaf. . . . most especailly the ones nigerians worship. . .
Re: Is God Deaf? by AloyEmeka9: 7:13pm On Oct 23, 2008
of course. . all the gods are deaf. . . . most especailly the ones nigerians worship. .

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is God Deaf? by manmustwac(m): 8:12pm On Oct 23, 2008
@post
well i guess God is not answering their prayers so they resort to shouting screaming yelling and theatrical stunts to try to get the message across. When are they going to get the message that there is no God?
Re: Is God Deaf? by KarmaMod(f): 8:17pm On Oct 23, 2008
with the noise that comes from Naija churches, I wouldnt be surprised grin
Re: Is God Deaf? by mazaje(m): 8:54pm On Oct 23, 2008
manmustwac:

@post
well i guess God is not answering their prayers so they resort to shouting screaming yelling and theatrical stunts to try to get the message across. When are they going to get the message that there is no God?

its not about getting the message, when will they create their own gods and stop worshipping the gods of the jews/europeans and the arabs? the only god in this world is knowledge,open mindedness and money while the only satan is poverty, ignorance and illiteracy. . . . . .
Re: Is God Deaf? by PepERSprAY: 9:19pm On Oct 23, 2008
KarmaMod:

with the noise that comes from Naija churches, I wouldnt be surprised grin

What is the origin of the shouting, wailing and stomping in our churches because it wasn't like that before?. it can be annoying and is not peculiar to Naija churches like you said. it's common in every black church. It might be that black people really believe that God is deaf. cheesy
Re: Is God Deaf? by KarmaMod(f): 12:48am On Oct 24, 2008
Dont do black churches either. They are all like zoos.
Re: Is God Deaf? by Akinagirl(f): 1:13am On Oct 24, 2008
Tell me about it.
Re: Is God Deaf? by abes(m): 1:28am On Oct 24, 2008
I wonder what the noise is about o,
Re: Is God Deaf? by PepERSprAY: 1:52am On Oct 24, 2008
KarmaMod:

don't do black churches either. They are all like zoos.
You mean we blacks behave like animals? embarassed embarassed
Re: Is God Deaf? by nguage(m): 1:54am On Oct 24, 2008
God is not deaf, he is more like . . . hmmm non-existent.
Re: Is God Deaf? by PepERSprAY: 1:55am On Oct 24, 2008
abes:

I wonder what the noise is about o,
You need to scream on top of your voice before the holy spirit will determine you are serious. forget all those people claiming they pray silently, that na laziness. Didn't you read Gamine complain she's tired of clapping in the church when she is not tired of typing a full story on nairaland everyday with the same hand given to her by God. Most of the people that scream in the church anyways are not aware of their actions because they were under the influence of the holy spirit at that time.
Re: Is God Deaf? by KarmaMod(f): 2:06am On Oct 24, 2008
PepERSprAY:

You mean we blacks behave like animals? embarassed embarassed

more often then not, yes. grin

mi o ba yin black o. im brown tongue
Re: Is God Deaf? by nguage(m): 2:11am On Oct 24, 2008
KarmaMod:

don't do black churches either. They are all like zoos.

KarmaMod:

more often then not, yes. grin

mi o ba yin black o. I'm brown tongue

Kobojunkie, how did you get access into karmamod's account?!?!
Re: Is God Deaf? by KarmaMod(f): 2:12am On Oct 24, 2008
sharrap n-gauge tongue

my fault you people dont know how to behave in church?
Re: Is God Deaf? by PepERSprAY: 3:05am On Oct 24, 2008
Kobojunkie, how did you get access into karmamod's account?!?!
Roflmao grin grin grin

mi o ba yin black o. I'm brown
Re: Is God Deaf? by manmustwac(m): 10:20am On Oct 24, 2008
Na the noise where all the animals dey make for church make God deaf.
Re: Is God Deaf? by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:36am On Oct 24, 2008
I took a course recently on educational psychology and its no wonder black people are like this, what else do you expect from someone who has no idea where food will come from tomorrow.
Re: Is God Deaf? by Maykelly(f): 12:26pm On Oct 24, 2008
1 Peter 3:12
For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are open to their prayer. But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil."

Behold, the LORD’s hand is not shortened, that it cannot save, or his ear dull that it cannot hear; but your iniquities have made a separation
Between you and your God, and your sins have hidden his face from you so that he does not hear. For your hands are defiled with blood and your fingers with iniquity; your lips have spoken lies; your tongue mutters wickedness.
Re: Is God Deaf? by mazaje(m): 12:35pm On Oct 24, 2008
May kelly:

1 Peter 3:12
For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are open to their prayer. But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil."

who are the righteous? are nigerians righteous? why does god not answer the prayers of nigerians? he clearly doesnt. . . who are does who do evil? do nigerians do evil?
Re: Is God Deaf? by spikedcylinder: 12:52pm On Oct 24, 2008
I see. So shouting and screaming like there's no tomorrow just makes the message clearer to "god" doesn't it? undecided undecided
Re: Is God Deaf? by blacksta(m): 1:02pm On Oct 24, 2008
n-guage:

God is not deaf, he is more like . . . hmmm non-existent.

This one na Anti Christ talk - It is only fool in his heart that claims their is no God. People who shout, fall and do other madness are only suffering from knowledge problems . They simply dont understand the dynamics or principles of God
Re: Is God Deaf? by nguage(m): 3:35pm On Oct 24, 2008
blacksta:

This one na Anti Christ talk - It is only fool in his heart that claims their is no God. People who shout, fall and do other madness are only suffering from knowledge problems . They simply don't understand the dynamics or principles of God

I'm not Anti Christ, because I don't give a hoot about Christ but I care about people who get brainwashed and spend every little money they come across in church.
Re: Is God Deaf? by AloyEmeka9: 4:12pm On Oct 24, 2008
You need to scream on top of your voice before the holy spirit will determine you are serious. forget all those people claiming they pray silently, that na laziness.
Screaming shows am serious with God,ba?. You think God is a fool?

Didn't you read Gamine complain she's tired of clapping in the church when she is not tired of typing a full story on nairaland everyday with the same hand given to her by God.
This is funny oh . Let me leave gamine to explain why she finds it hard to clap in churches when she types over 300 words per minute in Nairaland everyday. i am sure she claps very well in parties without complaint. wink

Most of the people that scream in the church anyways are not aware of their actions because they were under the influence of the holy spirit at that time.

Influence of the holy spirit makes you quiet and not a noise machine.
Re: Is God Deaf? by lammie01: 4:29pm On Oct 24, 2008
How come the early christians never used to shout and scream like the current pentecostal churches. The anglican, Catholic, Methodist never used to worship like this. Its only in the last 20 yrs we have witnessed this new phenomenum. Imagine people praying and shouting as if there is war in the worship ground. God sees what is in a persons heart and u dont need to shout and do all the stunts before He sees you. Its all these hyponotism and hullaballoo that makes all these naive people empty their pockets to an already stupendously rich pastor and some would even trek back home.
Re: Is God Deaf? by Nimshi: 4:32pm On Oct 24, 2008
Ally.Emeka asked: Can God be persuaded?

It appears so, and with many things. David danced his way to God's heart; God, it appears, is impressed by dancing in praise of him. But there's no evidence he prefers a trado-Nigerian mix of music and dancing to harps and strings and stuff like that, the sort that David employed. What's more important: God is persuaded by cold, clear, irrefutable logic. A favourite encounter was with Moses, when God, angry as could be, boomed he was going to exterminate the Israelites after they's survived Egypt and Pharaoh's army. Moses - clearly in his elements - reason with God: don't do it, eh; if you did, the Egyptians will get to know, and they'll figure what the heck! they got away from us and their God couldn't help them in the wilderness, Not even the offer of making Moses a great nation doused Moses' relentless logic. God, of course, saw reason. There's another encounter (probably this same with Moses, don't recall clearly), but the question God was asked was: '. . . will God not do what is right?". Damn! a shocker. To His credit, on those occasions, the Hebrew tribal God was reported to have seen reason. This is powerful, and enlightening.
Re: Is God Deaf? by AloyEmeka9: 4:37pm On Oct 24, 2008
How come the early christians never used to shout and scream like the current pentecostal churches. The anglican, Catholic, Methodist never used to worship like this. Its only in the last 20 years we have witnessed this new phenomenum. Imagine people praying and shouting as if there is war in the worship ground. God sees what is in a persons heart and u don't need to shout and do all the stunts before He sees you. Its all these hyponotism and hullaballoo that makes all these naive people empty their pockets to an already stupendously rich pastor and some would even trek back home.

I wonder oh too.
Re: Is God Deaf? by AloyEmeka9: 4:43pm On Oct 24, 2008
It appears so, and with many things. David danced his way to God's heart; God, it appears, is impressed by dancing in praise of him. But there's no evidence he prefers a trado-Nigerian mix of music and dancing to harps and strings and stuff like that, the sort that David employed. What's more important: God is persuaded by cold, clear, irrefutable logic. A favourite encounter was with Moses, when God, angry as could be, boomed he was going to exterminate the Israelites after they's survived Egypt and Pharaoh's army. Moses - clearly in his elements - reason with God: don't do it, eh; if you did, the Egyptians will get to know, and they'll figure what the heck! they got away from us and their God couldn't help them in the wilderness, Not even the offer of making Moses a great nation doused Moses' relentless logic. God, of course, saw reason. There's another encounter (probably this same with Moses, don't recall clearly), but the question God was asked was: '. . . will God not do what is right?". Damn! a shocker. To His credit, on those occasions, the Hebrew tribal God was reported to have seen reason. This is powerful, and enlightening.

I think you may persuade God by doing what is right first and not dancing and disturbing the neighbourhood. The bible ma sef said that tears do not move God. In the east, if a morning crier is preaching the gospel and disturbing people from their sleep, you dare not ask him or her to stop otherwise you will be labeled a demon. we either live with it even though they inconvinence us for fear of offending God that probabaly do not approve of that behaviour. if there is an uncompleted building near your place of residence, you go hear am because church people will move in, make sure you don't sleep in your home every sunday because they will make so much noise to aggravate you. that is what pentecostalism brought to Africa. Zip it or live with it but their days of freedom are coming to an end because so many people are getting concerned about that behaviour.
Re: Is God Deaf? by spikedcylinder: 5:05pm On Oct 24, 2008
The ones that chant and scream the "fall down and die" prayers amuse me as well. cheesy
Re: Is God Deaf? by Maykelly(f): 5:09pm On Oct 24, 2008
mazaje:

who are the righteous? are nigerians righteous? why does god not answer the prayers of nigerians? he clearlky doesnt. . . who are do who do evil? do nigerians do evil?

Psalm 3:2 ,
Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God.

Psalm 14:1 ,
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Psalm 36:1 ,
The[b] transgression of the wicked saith within my heart, that there is no fear of God before his eyes[/b].

Psalm 53:1 ,
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.

And he said, To morrow. And he said, Be it according to thy word: that thou mayest know that there is none like unto the LORD our God.

Deuteronomy 4:35 ,
Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the LORD he is God; there is none else beside him.

Deuteronomy 4:39 ,
Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the LORD he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else.

Deuteronomy 32:39 ,
See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

1 Samuel 2:2 ,
There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God

2 Samuel 7:22 ,
Wherefore thou art great, O LORD God: for there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears.

1 Kings 8:60 ,
That all the people of the earth may know that the LORD is God, and that there is none else.

2 Chronicles 6:14 ,
And said, O LORD God of Israel, there is no God like thee in the heaven, nor in the earth; which keepest covenant, and shewest mercy unto thy servants, that walk before thee with all their hearts:
Re: Is God Deaf? by mazaje(m): 5:34pm On Oct 24, 2008
May kelly:

Psalm 14:1 ,
Psalm 36:1 ,

Deuteronomy 32:39 ,
See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: [b]I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand. [/b]

you believe in a god that kills people for no reason? you want to be saved by a god that kills babies just because their parents worship other gods? you believe in a god that instructs people on how to enslave each other? you believe in a god that kills ten of thousand of people because they looked into an ark of covenant? you believe in a god that encourages people to steal and lie? i dont want any thing to do with such a god. . . . man created god in his own image. . . . live like kings because ye are gods. . . . . . . .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Most Misunderstood Person On Earth / How Do We Know Christianity Is True And We Are Not Deceived? / One Of The Best Evidences That GOD Exist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.