Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,951 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Churches Or Drink Bars....which Is More Rampant In Your Neighbourhood? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Churches Or Drink Bars....which Is More Rampant In Your Neighbourhood? (721 Views)

Nairalanders:churches Or Hospitals??? / Who Makes More Noise:churches Or Mosques / Which Is The Most Powerful Spiritual Churches Or Prayer Houses In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Churches Or Drink Bars....which Is More Rampant In Your Neighbourhood? by LeoFish92(m): 12:10am On Aug 24, 2014
for a 5-minute walk in my area, one can count about 9 different churches, both large and small, old generation and new generation... but despite this, The ungodly fellows made sure they were not left behind as you can as well count up to the same number of beer cafes all buzzing with activities...it's quite funny and worrisome at the same time.....so over to you which do you have more in your area?
Re: Churches Or Drink Bars....which Is More Rampant In Your Neighbourhood? by Weah96: 4:55am On Aug 24, 2014
LeoFish92: for a 5-minute walk in my area, one can count about 9 different churches, both large and small, old generation and new generation... but despite this, The ungodly fellows made sure they were not left behind as you can as well count up to the same number of beer cafes all buzzing with activities...it's quite funny and worrisome at the same time.....so over to you which do you have more in your area?

The drunkards are usually the religious.

1 Like

Re: Churches Or Drink Bars....which Is More Rampant In Your Neighbourhood? by Pavore9: 5:38am On Aug 24, 2014
ln my neighbourhood in Lagos, Sunday is a day of provocation as on my street alone we have abt 8 Churches, you return home from Mass only to find a car is parked in front of your gate and u don't know which of the Churches the owner of the car is in!
Re: Churches Or Drink Bars....which Is More Rampant In Your Neighbourhood? by Infomizer(m): 6:00am On Aug 24, 2014
[quote
author=Weah96]

The drunkards are usually the religious.[/quote]
Word! lmsao
Op, there is a directly proportional relationship here, but it should be
an inversely proportional one. Tis the same in many of the places I go.
Re: Churches Or Drink Bars....which Is More Rampant In Your Neighbourhood? by LeoFish92(m): 7:26am On Aug 24, 2014
Pavore9: ln my neighbourhood in Lagos, Sunday is a day of provocation as on my street alone we have abt 8 Churches, you return home from Mass only to find a car is parked in front of your gate and u don't know which of the Churches the owner of the car is in!

exactly...same happens in my area, there's this 3 storey building housing about 4 different churches.......each tunes their speakers to the loudest creating a mayhem of noise....very annoying
Re: Churches Or Drink Bars....which Is More Rampant In Your Neighbourhood? by DaGC(m): 7:59am On Aug 24, 2014
Na bars many pass for my side o.

For a 5min walk in any direction, its almost a ratio of 6:1.
Re: Churches Or Drink Bars....which Is More Rampant In Your Neighbourhood? by lokito: 8:27am On Aug 24, 2014
The Calabar church in my area won't allow us be. You'll hardly differentiate the preacher from the interpreter

1 Like

Re: Churches Or Drink Bars....which Is More Rampant In Your Neighbourhood? by Weah96: 9:00am On Aug 24, 2014
LeoFish92:

exactly...same happens in my area, there's this 3 storey building housing about 4 different churches.......each tunes their speakers to the loudest creating a mayhem of noise....very annoying

Very disturbing. Oyinbo people have our minds in their hands like silly putty, even from afar. Why do you need colonialism when you can turn the indigenous residents into predictable zombies?
White people know that Africa will remain a s)hithole. Why? Because all the Africans are praying for a solution. With everyone busy praying, no one is actually fixing anything.

(1) (Reply)

The Price Jesus Paid / Beware Of So-call Pastors/prophets That Pray For You / Bible VS Jehovahs Witnesses Method Of Baptism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.