Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,516 members, 7,958,562 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:18 PM

Is Sunday Really The Sabbath Day? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Sunday Really The Sabbath Day? (1802 Views)

Does Anyone Believe That 3am Is Really The Evil/demon Hour? / What Is The True Sabbath Day, Saturday Or Sunday? / Going To Church On Saturday (the True Sabbath Day) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Sunday Really The Sabbath Day? by Nobody: 6:07am On Aug 24, 2014
You know, it's ironic to me that Christians want to keep the Ten Commandments in our schools, because Christianity has abrogated four of the Ten Commandments. For example, the Sabbath day according to the Ten Command ments is Saturday, not Sunday. And the reason is because God rested, not because Jesus was resurrecte d. I just hope that we are not being misled.
Re: Is Sunday Really The Sabbath Day? by ITbomb(m): 7:20am On Aug 24, 2014
Every Bible reading Christian should know that the Sabbath is Saturday.
However the first day of the week is set aside by Christians to gather to worship God, teach and exhort one another.
Re: Is Sunday Really The Sabbath Day? by Philadelphia: 8:08am On Aug 24, 2014
ITbomb: Every Bible reading Christian should know that the Sabbath is Saturday.
However the first day of the week is set aside by Christians to gather to worship God, teach and exhort one another.

My friend, then you're not a bible reading Christian to be keeping Sunday instead of Saturday as the Sabbath (you said this yourself).
Mind you, it is on the authority of God that Saturday should be observed as the Sabbath day and not Sunday. God set a day for himself and some humans are saying 'no that day is not good, let's set the first day instead'. Let me ask you;
1.) Are you setting Sunday to worship man or God?
2.) Give me one bible verse or line that supports your choosing the first day (Sunday) to worship God or you can show me a place in the bible that encourages us to worship God on Sunday. Just back your point with a bible verse.
If you want your worship to be complete, you have to do it as the person whom you come to worship said you should do It. If you do it otherwise, I bet that it's not God you're worshipping.
Well, this is very important for you to read. Ensure you read this portion of the bible.
James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
James 2:11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.
Re: Is Sunday Really The Sabbath Day? by Philadelphia: 8:13am On Aug 24, 2014
Everyone, please endeavour to read this https://www.nairaland.com/1868408/top-secrets-pastors-hiding YOU CAN SAVE YOUR SOUL OR ANOTHER SOUL. God bless you.
Re: Is Sunday Really The Sabbath Day? by ITbomb(m): 8:57am On Aug 24, 2014
Philadelphia:

2.) Give me one bible verse or line that supports your choosing the first day (Sunday) to worship God or you can show me a place in the bible that encourages us to worship God on Sunday. Just back your point with a bible verse.
There is a big difference between what I said and what you understood.
First, understand that if you say you worship God only in the church then you really are deceiving yourself because God is Spirit and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. That means all your life and activities should be a continual worship of God everyday and anywhere.

However, Christians of like minds agreed to meet on the first day the week to do joint worship, teaching and exhorting one another Acts 20:7, 1 Cor 16:2

The first day of the week was also the day the Holy Spirit came upon the disciples.

If you are still under the law, good for you cos I'm not, I am under the new dispensation of grace and love. John 13:34, Rom 13:8-10.

If you must know, early Christians were still going to the temple on the Sabbath to partake in worship. That is why they set aside the day after Sabbath to meet among themselves and reflect on the teachings of Jesus Christ.

And for the verse in James you referred me, please read and understand the concluding paragraph, v12 and 13. What it meant there is that if you are to apply the law as it is written without mercy then mercy will not be shown to you. However for us that are under the mercy of Jesus Christ, the mercy of Christ glorieth against judgement. Selah
Re: Is Sunday Really The Sabbath Day? by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 24, 2014
Philadelphia:

My friend, then you're not a bible reading Christian to be keeping Sunday instead of Saturday as the Sabbath (you said this yourself).
Mind you, it is on the authority of God that Saturday should be observed as the Sabbath day and not Sunday. God set a day for himself and some humans are saying 'no that day is not good, let's set the first day instead'. Let me ask you;
If you want your worship to be complete, you have to do it as the person whom you come to worship said you should do It. If you do it otherwise, I bet that it's not God you're worshipping.
Well, this is very important for you to read. Ensure you read this portion of the bible.
James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
James 2:11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.
well said infact i owe u a bottle of red wine.
Re: Is Sunday Really The Sabbath Day? by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 24, 2014

but its a command that we should keep it holy. I just hope we wnt regret this.
Re: Is Sunday Really The Sabbath Day? by ITbomb(m): 11:35am On Aug 24, 2014
messpero90: but its a command that we should keep it holy. I just hope we wnt regret this.
I bet if Christ were to be on earth again as man, you would be one of those calling for his crucifixion for daring to heal (work) on the Sabbath or when his disciples picked the hairs of corn to eat on the way.
Under grace, you don't just keep a day holy, all days of your life, every speech and words should be continuous holiness
Re: Is Sunday Really The Sabbath Day? by Philadelphia: 11:59am On Aug 24, 2014
ITbomb

Well said, but let me draw your attention to a few points. Acts 20 : 7 did not say they gathered to worship. Their reason for gathering was for the purpose of breaking bread, which was clearly stated there. I don't know of any place in the bible that breaking bread was a symbol of worship. Also, 1 Cor 16:2 never talked about worship or Sabbath. Please read the whole of that chapter and you'll understand it.
Now consider;
Acts 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures, Acts 18:4 And he reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks.
Luke 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.
Re: Is Sunday Really The Sabbath Day? by hushmail: 12:08pm On Aug 24, 2014
mr Op keep d sabbath holy z 4 jews nt xtians

christiandom recognises d authority of world govts n dats why in arab countries Friday z worship day, in Israel saturday is worship day while in many western countries like 9ja is sunday
Re: Is Sunday Really The Sabbath Day? by Philadelphia: 12:30pm On Aug 24, 2014
The first day of the week was also the day the Holy Spirit came upon the disciples.

If you are still under the law, good for you cos I'm not, I am under the new dispensation of grace and love. John 13:34, Rom 13:8-10.

If you must know, early Christians were still going to the temple on the Sabbath to partake in worship. That is why they set aside the day after Sabbath to meet among themselves and reflect on the teachings of Jesus Christ.

And for the verse in James you referred me, please read and understand the concluding paragraph, v12 and 13. What it meant there is that if you are to apply the law as it is written without mercy then mercy will not be shown to you. However for us that are under the mercy of Jesus Christ, the mercy of Christ glorieth against judgement. Selah[/quote]
From John 13:34 where you quoted, the law has not been abrogated. Please read Luke 10:25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? 10:26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? 10:27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
Also read Matthew 22:35 Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, 22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 22:38 This is the first and great commandment. 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
Now do you see the law been mentioned here? Jesus said 'If you love me, keep my commandments' John 14:15. The theme of the God's commandments is love. The first 4 commandments shows our love for God and the last 6 shows our love for our fellow man. Also consider Mark 12:30-31.
Read also 1 John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
So If you're not under law, then what does sin mean?
READ Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law. Romans 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. Romans 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. Romans 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. Romans 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
I HOPE THESE TEXTS I GAVE WOULD HELP YOU UNDERSTAND BETTER. Ask questions please In anywhere you find confusing.
Re: Is Sunday Really The Sabbath Day? by Philadelphia: 12:41pm On Aug 24, 2014
messpero90: well said infact i owe u a bottle of red wine.

I'm just sharing the Truths I've discovered. What church do you attend?
Re: Is Sunday Really The Sabbath Day? by Philadelphia: 12:58pm On Aug 24, 2014
hushmail: mr Op keep d sabbath holy z 4 jews nt xtians

christiandom recognises d authority of world govts n dats why in arab countries Friday z worship day, in Israel saturday is worship day while in many western countries like 9ja is sunday
Why recognise the authority of the World and put God second or last when Jesus and Paul warned us about doing so?
Note what Paul said in Colossians 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Was Jesus a Jew or a Christian? Any biblical proof that the Sabbath was made for jews and not Christians? Jesus said the sabbat was made for man. This is made up of both Jews and 'Christians'. Now read this carefully and understand:

PAUSE AND PONDER!!!
The Merriam Webster English dictionary defines 'SABBATH' as thus:1 a: the seventh day of the week observed from
Friday evening to Saturday evening as a day of rest and worship by Jews and some Christians
b: Sunday observed among Christians as a day of rest and worship.
The same dictionary also defined a Jew as thus: 4: one whose religion is Judaism
NOW PAUSE!!!
1.) Jesus kept the Sabbath.
2.) Jesus was NEVER a 'Christian' (in fact he was the Pioneer of the religion 'Christianity').
3.) Jesus was a Jew, but His religion was never Judaism.
If you answered yes or agreed to the three (3) statements above then, you're on track.
NOW PONDER!!!
1.) As a Jew, Jesus kept the 'Saturday' Sabbath, and not Sunday.
2.) If we today, then call ourselves 'Christians' (followers of Christ/Christ-like), we ought to follow the paths of our
Pioneer Jesus.
3.) If we as Christians refuse to follow the paths Christ, then we should not be called Christians. Therefore, let's pick
another name for
ourselves.
4.) If Jesus as a Jew didn't practice Judaism for a religion, but kept the seventh day (Saturday) Sabbath, would it not be
better for one to now claim to be a Jew and follow the path of Christ rather than be a Christian and follow the path of
another religion (certainly not Christianity)?
1.) Is it not an Irony that we call ourselves Christians and yet do not follow the footsteps of Christ?
2.) If we say that Jews and some Christians observe Saturday for Sabbath and 'Christians' observe Sunday for Sabbath, is
it not paradoxical? Or were there two Christs recorded in the bible?
The statement that the Sabbath day could be either Saturday or Sunday is totally a fallacious statement. I ain't gonna
make a decision for anyone. Remember I said at the beginning
'PAUSE AND PONDER'.
Re: Is Sunday Really The Sabbath Day? by JesusisLord85: 1:46pm On Aug 24, 2014

Set aside? Who sanctioned that? God? No! It was men. Romans. Edomites.
SHalom

2 Likes

Re: Is Sunday Really The Sabbath Day? by JesusisLord85: 1:54pm On Aug 24, 2014
Philadelphia: The first day of the week was also the day the Holy Spirit came upon the disciples.

That first day of the week you speak of, The FEAST of Pentecost, is also a Sabbath.

There is the weekly Sabbath, i.e. Saturday

Then there are the special Sabbath days, e.g. Feast of First Fruits, Pentecost. Read Leviticus 23.
Shalom

1 Like

Re: Is Sunday Really The Sabbath Day? by Philadelphia: 3:15pm On Aug 24, 2014
JesusisLord85:

That first day of the week you speak of, The FEAST of Pentecost, is also a Sabbath.

There is the weekly Sabbath, i.e. Saturday

Then there are the special Sabbath days, e.g. Feast of First Fruits, Pentecost. Read Leviticus 23.
Shalom

The post you quoted me from the above was not typed by me. I wonder how it got there in the first place.
I'm so aware of the weekly Sabbath Days 'Saturday ' and the other sabbaths of festivals. I checked all my post and the one you quoted me was never from me.
Re: Is Sunday Really The Sabbath Day? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 24, 2014
Philadelphia:

I'm just sharing the Truths I've discovered. What church do you attend?
im a mormon, i mean dat i attend the church of jesus christ of latter day saints.
Re: Is Sunday Really The Sabbath Day? by Philadelphia: 7:18pm On Aug 24, 2014
messpero90: im a mormon, i mean dat i attend the church of jesus christ of latter day saints.

OK
Re: Is Sunday Really The Sabbath Day? by Alwaystrue(f): 6:54am On Aug 25, 2014
messpero90: You know, it's ironic to me that Christians want to keep the Ten Commandments in our schools, because Christianity has abrogated four of the Ten Commandments. For example, the Sabbath day according to the Ten Command ments is Saturday, not Sunday. And the reason is because God rested, not because Jesus was resurrecte d. I just hope that we are not being misled.

Jesus is the Lord of the Sabbath. When you look at all the commands of God with the eyes of love, you will realise the importance of the meaning of the commandment.

All it basically means is this:

1. When we come to Christ, heavy laden and burdened, He gives us rest for He is the Lord of teh Sabbath. When we rest from our labours and instead use the strength of Christ to live instead of our strength, we are enjoying the Sabbath.

2. When we rest in Him and trust completely in Him, we are at rest. Read Hebrews 4.

3. The commandment simply means (as Jesus said all the commandments are hinged on love) love yourself enough to rest....stop chasing after this and that. Everyone needs a recharge. Many don't even rest their bodies and start falling ill. God had it all covered.

4. Jesus did not abolish the commandments, he gave it its full expression which involved doing good...that was why when the Pharisees were fighting Him for healing on the Sabbath or when they accused his disciples for plucking corn on the Sabbath, he answered them in such a way to shut them up.

5. If you are talking about days of worship, sorry the early church met every day. Some churches even have services everyday for those that can attend and not limited to Sunday.

6. It doesn't stop us resting too on Saturday anyway. This is something that is very good to be imbibed. Rest, have time for family, use the day to have personal time to fellowship with family. It has been eroded today. Families don't even have time for each other.

When Jesus said all the laws are based on love. I struggled with what Sabbath meant till I understood it in the eyes of love.
Jesus was never legalistic. HE IS THE TRUTH. That is why everything He did and said is TRUE. If only we take time to allow the eyes of our understanding to be opened, we will fully understand how much all these are Spiritual and not just of the letter.
Re: Is Sunday Really The Sabbath Day? by JesusisLord85: 12:38pm On Aug 25, 2014
Alwaystrue:

Jesus is the Lord of the Sabbath. When you look at all the commands of God with the eyes of love, you will realise the importance of the meaning of the commandment.

1. When we come to Christ, heavy laden and burdened, He gives us rest for He is the Lord of teh Sabbath. When we rest from our labours and instead use the strength of Christ to live instead of our strength, we are enjoying the Sabbath.

2. When we rest in Him and trust completely in Him, we are at rest. Read Hebrews 4.

3. The commandment simply means (as Jesus said all the commandments are hinged on love) love yourself enough to rest....stop chasing after this and that. Everyone needs a recharge. Many don't even rest their bodies and start falling ill. God had it all covered.

4. Jesus did not abolish the commandments, he gave it its full expression which involved doing good...that was why when the Pharisees were fighting Him for healing on the Sabbath or when they accused his disciples for plucking corn on the Sabbath, he answered them in such a way to shut them up.

5. If you are talking about days of worship, sorry the early church met every day. Some churches even have services everyday for those that can attend and not limited to Sunday.

6. It doesn't stop us resting too on Saturday anyway. This is something that is very good to be imbibed. Rest, have time for family, use the day to have personal time to fellowship with family. It has been eroded today. Families don't even have time for each other.

When Jesus said all the laws are based on love. I struggled with what Sabbath meant till I understood it in the eyes of love.
Jesus was never legalistic. HE IS THE TRUTH. That is why everything He did and said is TRUE. If only we take time to allow the eyes of our understanding to be opened, we will fully understand how much all these are Spiritual and not just of the letter.

You mention truth and you mention love.
According to the Word of the Most High, what is truth? And what is love?
Re: Is Sunday Really The Sabbath Day? by Philadelphia: 6:08pm On Aug 25, 2014
Alwaystrue:

Please explain Luke 4 : 16 And Isaiah 66 : 22-23 if Sabbath Is not meant for worship. Please show me 1 bible text that said we should /can worship on Sunday or any day of the week.
Re: Is Sunday Really The Sabbath Day? by paulcr7: 6:43pm On Aug 25, 2014
ITbomb: .
There is a big difference between what I said and what you understood.
First, understand that if you say you worship God only in the church then you really are deceiving yourself because God is Spirit and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. That means all your life and activities should be a continual worship of God everyday and anywhere.

However, Christians of like minds agreed to meet on the first day the week to do joint worship, teaching and exhorting one another Acts 20:7, 1 Cor 16:2

And for the verse in James you referred me, please read and understand the concluding paragraph, v12 and 13. What it meant there is that if you are to apply the law as it is written without mercy then mercy will not be shown to you. However for us that are under the mercy of Jesus Christ, the mercy of Christ glorieth against judgement. Selah
if being under grace freed u from d sabbath,why didn it free u from adultery or stealing.Those dat will have d right to d tree of life,are those who kept God's commandments(rev 22:14),God's last day saints are commandment keepers(rev 12:17).Grace does nt turn u into lawless individuals and if u truly love God keep his commandments(john 14:15)..2.sabbath is nt only abt worship but a rest from work-lev 23:3.u can worship God everyday but u cant rest from work everyday-dats laziness and against God's order.If u worship in truth,u will obey his law,for his commandments are truth-psalm 119:142.....3.Acts 20:7 was nt a regular service,it was a special service for paul to give his last adress.it was an evening-midnight service and i dont think ur services are like dat.2cor 16 was nt a service,it was paul going from house to house to get donations for d missionaries.if it was d sabbath,paul wont be going around and he wont meet people at home...4.d reason for d sabbath is nt related to the Spirit but to God's creation.6days he created,rested d 7thday,how does dat affect d Holyspirit
Re: Is Sunday Really The Sabbath Day? by paulcr7: 6:48pm On Aug 25, 2014
hushmail: mr Op keep d sabbath holy z 4 jews nt xtians

can u quote d section of Nigeria constitution dat says dat sunday is Nigeria's worship day
Re: Is Sunday Really The Sabbath Day? by paulcr7: 6:55pm On Aug 25, 2014
Alwaystrue:

whatever spiritual application does nt nullify its application.Does d fact dat God compares adultery to going away from God means adultery is now ok?
Re: Is Sunday Really The Sabbath Day? by hushmail: 7:18pm On Aug 25, 2014
paulcr7: can u quote d section of Nigeria constitution dat says dat sunday is Nigeria's worship day

bro 9ja z a secular state

all am saying it is a custom passed down by colonial rulers
Re: Is Sunday Really The Sabbath Day? by Alwaystrue(f): 8:34pm On Aug 25, 2014
JesusisLord85:
You mention truth and you mention love.
According to the Word of the Most High, what is truth? And what is love?

God's word is truth. His law is truth too. God is love. All the laws and prophets are hinged on truth.

Philadelphia:
Please explain Luke 4 : 16 And Isaiah 66 : 22-23 if Sabbath Is not meant for worship. Please show me 1 bible text that said we should /can worship on Sunday or any day of the week.

Seems you did not read my post. I said everyday is meant for worship. I said some churches even have programs everyday. I have fellowship every Saturday for example so nowhere did I say Saturday is not meant for worship or attending church. We worship Fridays atimes and even Thursdays apart from Sunday.
What I simply said was Jesus gave full expression to the Sabbath in its spirituality apart from the physical. That is why He is the Lord of the Sabbath.
Reread my post please.

For bible texts you can read Acts 2:46; John 4:24;
Acts 20:7

paulcr7: whatever spiritual application does nt nullify its application.Does d fact dat God compares adultery to going away from God means adultery is now ok?
Read my post above. Nowhere did i nullify what Christ did not nullify. I simply showed the extra mile it meant. Read my post above to @Phil.

Thanks.
Re: Is Sunday Really The Sabbath Day? by JesusisLord85: 9:02pm On Aug 25, 2014
Alwaystrue:

God's word is truth. His law is truth too. God is love. All the laws and prophets are hinged on truth.

Thanks.

I agree. Psalms tells us that.
The reason I asked is because I struggled to understand what you meant by Jesus was never legalistic.

Cheers
Re: Is Sunday Really The Sabbath Day? by Alwaystrue(f): 9:08pm On Aug 25, 2014
JesusisLord85:
I agree. Psalms tells us that.
The reason I asked is because I struggled to understand what you meant by Jesus was never legalistic.
Cheers

Jesus was not legalistic because He is the WORD full of grace and truth. He wasn't like the pharisees who lived by the letter devoid of the Spirit. He gave full expression to God's word and law and was full of mercy and forgiveness.
All Christ said or did was graceful.
Re: Is Sunday Really The Sabbath Day? by ITbomb(m): 9:28pm On Aug 25, 2014
paulcr7: Grace does nt turn u into lawless individuals and if u truly love God keep his commandments(john 14:15)
..2. it was d sabbath,paul wont be going around and he wont meet people at home...4.d reason for d sabbath is nt related to the Spirit but to God's creation.6days he created,rested d 7thday,how does dat affect d Holyspirit

For your first point, living in grace doesn't mean not keeping God's commandments. Refer to Rom 6. Rather it means instead of setting one day and place to worship God, your entire days activities anywhere should be a continual worship of God.

2. There is no way I disputed the Saturday Sabbath which is the day of rest. But Sunday being the first day was set aside for Christians to gather together and teach each other
Re: Is Sunday Really The Sabbath Day? by Philadelphia: 9:47pm On Aug 25, 2014
hushmail:

bro 9ja z a secular state

all am saying it is a custom passed down by colonial rulers

You're exalting man (tradition) above God abi?
Re: Is Sunday Really The Sabbath Day? by Philadelphia: 10:07pm On Aug 25, 2014
Alwaystrue:

Seems you did not read my post. I said everyday is meant for worship. I said some churches even have programs everyday. I have fellowship every Saturday for example so nowhere did I say Saturday is not meant for worship or attending church. We worship Fridays atimes and even Thursdays apart from Sunday.
What I simply said was Jesus gave full expression to the Sabbath in its spirituality apart from the physical. That is why He is the Lord of the Sabbath.
Reread my post please.

For bible texts you can read Acts 2:46; John 4:24;
Acts 20:7

Read my post above. Nowhere did i nullify what Christ did not nullify. I simply showed the extra mile it meant. Read my post above to @Phil.

Thanks.

None of the texts you posted indicated worship on Sunday. Acts 2:46 was after the day of Pentecost when the new believers came to meet the disciples at the temple to break bread. Does breaking of bread indicate worship to God? John 4:24 is not indicating worship on Sunday and Acts 20:7 still talks about breaking bread. Now this particular one was even before Paul traveled because Paul traveled and built churches.
Read those texts I asked you to and you'll see it spelt correctly 'worship'. Now this is Paul here, still worshipping on the Sabbath.
Acts 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures, Acts 18:4 And he reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks.
Re: Is Sunday Really The Sabbath Day? by JesusisLord85: 10:13pm On Aug 25, 2014
Alwaystrue:

Jesus was not legalistic because He is the WORD full of grace and truth. He wasn't like the pharisees who lived by the letter devoid of the Spirit. He gave full expression to God's word and law and was full of mercy and forgiveness.
All Christ said or did was graceful.

Good. So do you believe, like 100% of today's church Christians that you do not need to keep the commandments, as "they are done away with"/"fulfilled" etc

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shocking!7-year Old Girl Reveals That T.B Joshua, & Others Will Not Make Heaven / You Must Be Born Again! / It's True That The Trumpet Will Sound, But What Is The Trumpet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.