Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,921 members, 7,817,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport (7871 Views)

This Golden Beast with a flaming SEX Appeal / Behold the beast INFINIX is bringing to earth! KEVLAR? ! / Gionee Launched Another Beast With 1gig Ram.gionee P2s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by emaminaj(m): 11:40pm On Aug 24, 2014
peenkey: Nice specs and all. Buuuuuut BB10 OS subscription is still as expensive as d android, and not as cheap as d BB7. Whereas with d android, I have a wider range of apps to work with, including d BBM. So am still wondering why I should av to settle 4 ANY BB10 device EVER. Help me out here @emaminaj

I run my z10 on 3gb a month from glo at 1k dunno which bb yhu using o
Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by emaminaj(m): 11:42pm On Aug 24, 2014
Mcbussy:

dude,i get your point...I understand d importance of specs.my question is what good is all d hardware superiority when the OS itself lacks reasonable number of useful applications?? I know ur gonna come down to d fact that BlackBerry OS 10.2 runs android apps. trust me when I say this,most,i repeat, MOST android apps don't run properly on BlackBerry OS 10. I am talking from experience.i av experimented on Z10,Q10,Q5 and even d almighty Z30 before this passport of a thing.

2.2 ghz quad core,3gb ram,64gb inbuilt memory...I don't need all dat hardware muscle just because I wanna chat and meet new pple thru wechat.cos dats what blackberry phones are good for. grin

right now I use BlackBerry Q10 and tecno M5...trust me,aside from price difference,i don't joke wif my tecno.its a lean mean machine wink

Bb has grown more than the "just for chat" tag ok...the bb hub handles chats, emails etc smoothly than a host of android devices and tell me that hardware doesn't appeal to yhu huh
Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by reumat(m): 11:45pm On Aug 24, 2014
A quad-core 2.2GHz
Snapdragon 800 is under the hood, with the
Adreno 330 GPU crunching graphics. 3GB of
RAM

Wats d use of all dis spect wen wat bb does is chat and pinging, so I should dump my andriod because I saw 2.2GHZ and 3GIG ram just to ping and chat, oboy dis is madness!!
Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by emaminaj(m): 11:49pm On Aug 24, 2014
reumat: A quad-core 2.2GHz
RAM

Wats d use of all dis spect wen wat bb does is chat and pinging, so I should dump my andriod because I saw 2.2GHZ and 3GIG ram just to ping and chat, oboy dis is madness!!

This is a High end device and its for people who do more than pinging and chatting and by the way if yhu haven't been following it should run 98% of android app....Those specs are cos it's gonna be a multitasking beast ok

1 Like

Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by Collinz2(m): 11:54pm On Aug 24, 2014
reumat: A quad-core 2.2GHz
RAM

if bb10 device runs thesame hardware with android device then that makes it android. Is like making a device with 32gb of ram and the same hardware with sony playstation that play ps games and u called that a phone, no ,it is a gaming console already.
Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by Collinz2(m): 11:55pm On Aug 24, 2014
emaminaj:

This is a High end device and its for people who do more than pinging and chatting and by the way if yhu haven't been following it should run 98% of android app....Those specs are cos it's gonna be a multitasking beast ok
then its already android now bcus it runs almost all android apps

1 Like

Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by Eyop: 12:04am On Aug 25, 2014
This one will double the price of BB porsche.
Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by lawrenceunaa: 6:57am On Aug 25, 2014
Bosun13: people judge BB tru Their laast OS but if u realy try latest BB10 OS u ll never back to android again ..... My advise for pple is that I know many pple love to use iphone but due to lack of file sharing,non battery removable and laack of memory card nd many more but fliud OS. So..xactly OS that buttery and fluid like ios of iphone is BB OS ...... After tested z10 AV madeup mind thAt I ll nevr use andriod gain
now my Dear assuming bb10 doesn't run android apps will still use BB.
Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by swaystunna(m): 7:10am On Aug 25, 2014
Madrededios: Pls what phone will be best android or BB10?would love to get an android but the data plan and all the data conserving methods are overwhelming me(am new to the smartphone world).Need advice ASAP!
Get a bb10..u can subscribe glo 1k 3gig on it.. Nd it can load 98% of android app. Best choice if u ask me
Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by swaystunna(m): 7:16am On Aug 25, 2014
cupid4ig: Currently using BlackBerry Z30 and z3. I tell u BlackBerry os10 is the best out there. A friend sold her own Z30 on Thursday and by Friday evening started crying she want her z30 back. The hub, the option of real multitasking imaging chatting with someone on whatsapp or watching a movie and another person send u a msg in bbm it pops up and u reply without pursing ur video. I don't blame people who judge BlackBerry based on their old os but I blame them for choosing to remain illiterate
Thank u..many pple re still wallowing in darkness. I also use a z30 nd its a beast,I sharperly threw away my galaxy s4

1 Like

Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by Collinz2(m): 8:16am On Aug 25, 2014
swaystunna:
Thank u..many pple re still wallowing in darkness. I also use a z30 nd its a beast,I sharperly threw away my galaxy s4
somethin they worry u. And na china s4 u get na make u throw am away.
Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by vosquare: 8:32am On Aug 25, 2014
Passport ko visa ni.....Mtshew
Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by swaystunna(m): 9:03am On Aug 25, 2014
Collinz2: somethin they worry u. And na china s4 u get na make u throw am away.
I cnt argue wit u..go n feel any z30 u see n come here then we can talk
Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by peenkey(m): 9:04am On Aug 25, 2014
emaminaj:

I run my z10 on 3gb a month from glo at 1k dunno which bb yhu using o

If dis is true, do u mind sharing d subscription code u use. Maybe I just might change my mind and join d BB10 train. I thought BB10 subscription was 1k for 200MB data like it is 4 android, cos dats what I saw on their site(Glo) when I checked sometime ago.
Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by iheanyi40(m): 9:16am On Aug 25, 2014
Wanted getting a Q10 now dis, well I'll still get d Q10 dis one price go still high
Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by Collinz2(m): 9:31am On Aug 25, 2014
swaystunna:
I cnt argue wit u..go n feel any z30 u see n come here then we can talk
i dey craze. I no go use the money buy better android and flex 3d hd high end games wey z30 cnt do.
Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by swaystunna(m): 9:40am On Aug 25, 2014
Collinz2: i dey craze. I no go use the money buy better android and flex 3d hd high end games wey z30 cnt do.
I play NOVA, COD, Modern Combat on my z30.whatelse do u want..if I want deep 3D games I use my laptop wit nvidia graphics, even s4 cnt handle. Stop being myopic
Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by Mcbussy(m): 9:42am On Aug 25, 2014
emaminaj:

Bb has grown more than the "just for chat" tag ok...the bb hub handles chats, emails etc smoothly than a host of android devices and tell me that hardware doesn't appeal to yhu huh

dude...listen to urself.chats,emails...bla bla,we are still saying dsame things.do u need a 2.2ghz quad core and 3gb ram to read emails,chats and watch videos?

I stand by my point that the hardware superiority amounts to nothing if the OS lacks real applications that can utilise such power.for me,running android apps on bb OS 10 is crap. if ur talking about real piece of work,talk about Xperia Z1, Z2 and other high end android devices. they have d hardware muscle and the right OS to put all d power to work. wink

1 Like

Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by Mcbussy(m): 9:49am On Aug 25, 2014
swaystunna:
I play NOVA, COD, Modern Combat on my z30.whatelse do u want..if I want deep 3D games I use my laptop wit nvidia graphics, even s4 cnt handle. Stop being myopic

hahaha....its either u've not experienced those games on good android phones like HTC 1,galaxy S4 or ur just not being honest with urself,if not,u'd know d difference.

I tried ordinary MC zero hour on a friend's Z30 and the feel wasn't quite dsame. there's a difference between just running an app and running it with full functionality.
Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by Mcbussy(m): 9:53am On Aug 25, 2014
peenkey:

If dis is true, do u mind sharing d subscription code u use. Maybe I just might change my mind and join d BB10 train. I thought BB10 subscription was 1k for 200MB data like it is 4 android, cos dats what I saw on their site(Glo) when I checked sometime ago.

dude just load #1000,send bbcmonth to 777.....then change ur APN from d default blackberryx.net to blackberry.net .that's what I use on my Q10.
Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by Mcbussy(m): 9:56am On Aug 25, 2014
emaminaj:

yes,it runs 98% of android apps without full functionality.

1 Like

Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by swaystunna(m): 10:00am On Aug 25, 2014
Mcbussy:

hahaha....its either u've not experienced those games on good android phones like HTC 1,galaxy S4 or ur just not being honest with urself,if not,u'd know d difference.

I tried ordinary MC zero hour on a friend's Z30 and the feel wasn't quite dsame. there's a difference between just running an app and running it with full functionality.
This is a fone running 2 os in one phone.nd wit d new 10.3 update,its js perfect bliss.hw did u feel the os,most peeps dat switch to bb10 hardly cme back.my frnd dat got a q10,benched his iphone...aint hating on android or ios,buh bb10 works for me nd cheaper subscription wit glo.
Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by peenkey(m): 10:02am On Aug 25, 2014
Mcbussy:

dude just load #1000,send bbcmonth to 777.....then change ur APN from d default blackberryx.net to blackberry.net .that's what I use on my Q10.
Thanks Boss. I Appreciate
Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by emaminaj(m): 10:15am On Aug 25, 2014
Mcbussy:

yes,it runs 98% of android apps without full functionality.

Without full functionality?? I Laugh
Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by Mcbussy(m): 10:17am On Aug 25, 2014
Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by emaminaj(m): 10:17am On Aug 25, 2014
Mcbussy:

dude...listen to urself.chats,emails...bla bla,we are still saying dsame things.do u need a 2.2ghz quad core and 3gb ram to read emails,chats and watch videos?

I stand by my point that the hardware superiority amounts to nothing if the OS lacks real applications that can utilise such power.for me,running android apps on bb OS 10 is crap. if ur talking about real piece of work,talk about Xperia Z1, Z2 and other high end android devices. they have d hardware muscle and the right OS to put all d power to work. wink

Dude, BB update to 10.3 makes it possible to run 98% of android apps....Wat else do yhu want huh
Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by Mcbussy(m): 10:18am On Aug 25, 2014
swaystunna:
This is a fone running 2 os in one phone.nd wit d new 10.3 update,its js perfect bliss.hw did u feel the os,most peeps dat switch to bb10 hardly cme back.my frnd dat got a q10,benched his iphone...aint hating on android or ios,buh bb10 works for me nd cheaper subscription wit glo.

Lolz...which 2 OS does it run?....running android apps is more like mere emulation. not dat it runs android os.

honestly,bb10 works for me too,but just not a replacement for android. if I'm only allowed to have 1 phone,I'd rather have an android with 1.5ghz dual core,1gb ram than a berry with 2.2ghz quad core and 3gb ram grin

maybe u and ur friend have never really felt d power of a droid.

plus,don't count the #1000 Glo thing as an advantage,its a temporal cheat and some people know how enjoy it on android too. I enjoy it on my android via WiFi hotspot from my Q10 grin
Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by Mcbussy(m): 10:20am On Aug 25, 2014
emaminaj:

Dude, BB update to 10.3 makes it possible to run 98% of android apps....Wat else do yhu want huh

okay, I rest my case until I come across and experiment on that OS.

1 Like

Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by emaminaj(m): 10:27am On Aug 25, 2014
Mcbussy:

okay, I rest my case until I come across and experiment on that OS.

Yea, Ain't arguing the fact that android is way ahead of others with various customizations and UI but this is a Big step in the right direction for the Cupertino Company

1 Like

Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by emaminaj(m): 10:37am On Aug 25, 2014
Mcbussy:

Lolz...which 2 OS does it run?....running android apps is more like mere emulation. not dat it runs android os.

honestly,bb10 works for me too,but just not a replacement for android. if I'm only allowed to have 1 phone,I'd rather have an android with 1.5ghz dual core,1gb ram than a berry with 2.2ghz quad core and 3gb ram grin

maybe u and ur friend have never really felt d power of a droid.

plus,don't count the #1000 Glo thing as an advantage,its a temporal cheat and some people know how enjoy it on android too. I enjoy it on my android via WiFi hotspot from my Q10 grin

Droid?? I have a droid dude all am tryna say here is this Beast is up there with any other flagship droid and should surely handle whatever task is thrown at it, either from the droid platform or the native BB platform ok
Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by Mcbussy(m): 10:48am On Aug 25, 2014
emaminaj:

Droid?? I have a droid dude all am tryna say here is this Beast is up there with any other flagship droid and should surely handle whatever task is thrown at it, either from the droid platform or the native BB platform ok

you are talking dis much about a device thats not yet in d market....I know people that said more when Z30 was announced. they were all disappointed when they finally got it.

maybe you should check d specs of Z1 and Z2.I have a friend that owns a Z1 where I live...trust me,this passport of a thing ain't gonna get anywhere near them on performance.

do u know one thing that disgusts me so much about bb?....quality control. after all these years,they still produce devices that heat up ur hands while browsing for lil extra hours. the only time my Q10 doesn't heat up is if I put it strictly on 2G while browsing. these kinda defects have long extinct on Samsung and Sony Ericsson devices. I can't say much about HTC cos I haven't really held any recent 1 for long.
Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by lat4real: 10:56am On Aug 25, 2014
BB USERS: Consoling themselves since 1999 cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Code For Blocking A Number From Calling You On Mtn / Please Where "sharemobile.ro" Go? / MTN Data Bonus..... Better And More Attractive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.