Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,765 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

In Memory Only (Romance) - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / In Memory Only (Romance) (140701 Views)

Two Realms... {Romance-thriller} / Letters Fall Apart-in Memory Of Chinua Achebe / Shape Of Our Friendship By Vic Toria A. I wrote this in memory of my dog. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by vonn(f): 7:59pm On Dec 02, 2015
Dear Safarigirl, I know you would want to watch the match... Please try and update before it starts so you wouldn't be carried away. Thank you.
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by Wordsweaver: 9:54pm On Dec 02, 2015
hi guys, this is safari....I got banned today, spent all day trying to open a temporary one.....
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by Harmonyemerald(f): 10:36pm On Dec 02, 2015
Even admin don vex with the story delay. If u post now, we will un-bann you #lol#

1 Like

Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by Fijumokesayo(f): 11:48pm On Dec 02, 2015
Hello Safarigirl, I just want to tell you to keep up the good work. may your ink never dry.....
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by Mj45: 12:10pm On Dec 03, 2015
Is this some sort of a joke?
Why would anyone in their right mind BAN the Safarigirl?

Wordsweaver:
hi guys, this is safari....I got banned today, spent all day trying to open a temporary one.....

Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by DandyPearl(f): 1:23pm On Dec 03, 2015
I dunno why or how ooo but anyone that ban our safarigirl should biko just un-ban her
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by Wordsweaver: 4:57pm On Dec 03, 2015
Mj45:
Is this some sort of a joke?
Why would anyone in their right mind BAN the Safarigirl?

I'll be transferring this story to another site, but I'll post the link to the site here for you guys.

1 Like

Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by tijehi(f): 5:44pm On Dec 03, 2015
Wordsweaver:
I'll be transferring this story to another site, but I'll post the link to the site here for you guys.

Sgirl, u can sell ur finished works on Okadabooks.com and I bet u a lot of us will buy.

1 Like

Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by Wordsweaver: 6:26pm On Dec 03, 2015
tijehi:

Sgirl, u can sell ur finished works on Okadabooks.com and I bet u a lot of us will buy.
thanks a lot dear. I'll do that with Tormented and Unwanted maybe, and consequent works. Just got to know of the site
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by princessharde22(f): 9:40pm On Dec 03, 2015
s girl I av really enjoyed yr story pls post d new site as soon as possible.Thumbs up.u go girl.More grease to yr elbow
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by Wordsweaver: 12:08am On Dec 05, 2015
hi guys, you can read the conclusive parts of In Memory Only on this site: http://afritalks.com/threads/memory.491/#post-1543

Please drop your comments either on that page or on here.....I've started on the final post, I just don't know the preferable path.

Kindly drop your ideas and suggestions for the Epilogue, every suggestion will be considered and the best one(s) incorporated into the story.

Thanks a lot for your support the entire year and a big shout out to Doughyeenbae, maggielovely, jupitre and kinah for Thur help with the translations, much appreciated smiley
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by kinah(f): 7:44am On Dec 05, 2015
Weaver morning nice one and the way u told d last part looks like there is a secret that could prevent lanre frm dating/marrying jaiya.
the yoruba used in some part ain't correct
like the place where Lanre was telling d dad. It suppose to b
E bere lowo won, awon Ni won pe ipade.
E and won is used as a sign of respect and seniority. The first yoruba used in d post is wrong. Couldnt copy all so busy just decided to post dis.

Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 05, 2015
Wordsweaver:
Thanks a lot for your support the entire year and a big shout out to Doughyeenbae, maggielovely, jupitre and kinah for Thur help with the translations, much appreciated smiley
U re wlcm
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by safarigirl(f): 3:41pm On Dec 05, 2015
kinah:
Weaver morning nice one and the way u told d last part looks like there is a secret that could prevent lanre frm dating/marrying jaiya.
the yoruba used in some part ain't correct
like the place where Lanre was telling d dad. It suppose to b
E bere lowo won, awon Ni won pe ipade.
E and won is used as a sign of respect and seniority. The first yoruba used in d post is wrong. Couldnt copy all so busy just decided to post dis.
I'm aware of the first being wrong. I had others translate subsequent ones, so I was not aware of the error there.

All in all, thanks for your contribution

1 Like

Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by vonn(f): 7:39pm On Dec 05, 2015
Safarigirl is back!!
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by Bsophia(f): 7:39pm On Dec 05, 2015
Thanks for d wonderful story.
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by Babham(m): 10:25pm On Dec 05, 2015
thumb up sis....dnt involve yoruba in the conversation anymore....nice one
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by Babham(m): 10:26pm On Dec 05, 2015
thumb up sis....dnt involve yoruba in the conversation anymore.abeg...nice one
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by safarigirl(f): 6:40am On Dec 06, 2015
Babham:
thumb up sis....dnt involve yoruba in the conversation anymore.abeg...nice one
I only added it where necessary. I don't know any Yoruba family that sticks to English strictly in conversations, so it would be impossible to sell the Cokers as Yoruba without using Yoruba here and there.

as you can read, I only used it in 3 scenes where parents were involved, I doubt the second and third scenes were wrong.

I'm done with it in this story sha
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by Mj45: 9:05am On Dec 06, 2015
U are a true writer, genius infact and there is nothing wrong with other languages asides English in a story. English books have spanish, Greek etc languages in them all the time depending on their setting.

God bless the fellow who had d good sense to unban u.

safarigirl:
I only added it where necessary. I don't know any Yoruba family that sticks to English strictly in conversations, so it would be impossible to sell the Cokers as Yoruba without using Yoruba here and there.

as you can read, I only used it in 3 scenes where parents were involved, I doubt the second and third scenes were wrong.

I'm done with it in this story sha
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by DandyPearl(f): 11:25am On Dec 06, 2015
Thanks Safarigirl. Can't wait to see where this leads lanre and jaiya. I just hope it doesn't turn to 'bad blood'
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by Mj45: 8:05am On Dec 08, 2015
SLEEPING ?
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by fpeter(f): 11:27am On Dec 08, 2015
Is WORDSWEAVER same as SAFARIGIRL?

“Wo ni omo re, ask him.” (see your child)
I'm not yoruba but that right there is incorrect
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by safarigirl(f): 11:31am On Dec 08, 2015
fpeter:
Is WEAVERWORDS same as SAFARIGIRL?
ya
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by fpeter(f): 12:02pm On Dec 08, 2015
safarigirl:
ya

Okay girl, you're doing a great job but you need to edit and proof read.
Some typos and little adjustments here and there.
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by safarigirl(f): 11:25pm On Dec 08, 2015
Hi guys, like I said, thia story is now on that other site.

I'll need your feedback and comments there. I'll probably delete it from Nairaland by January, will also consider moving/deleting Tormented from here.

Will get back to you on any further decisions if I can. Thank you all smiley
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by fam24(f): 12:31am On Dec 09, 2015
safarigirl:
Hi guys, like I said, thia story is now on that other site.

I'll need your feedback and comments there. I'll probably delete it from Nairaland by January, will also consider moving/deleting Tormented from here.

Will get back to you on any further decisions if I can. Thank you all smiley

Pls try and finish ur stories here(Tormented, In Memory only and Getting a Life) as well as Boss' Interest wherever u are moving them to, and let's know the link. Thanks. Love you dearie
Your loyal fan
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by Mj45: 10:29pm On Dec 27, 2015
Wasn't even aware there has been an update. Since the 17th of Dec! Can u imagine that? Well, it was hmmm! TEAM CANARY YELLOW AND BLUE. LOVE lemon green a bit though.
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by Nobody: 8:45am On Dec 29, 2015
Do you want this writer to get a little reward?Nominate this story for Story of the Month award here. https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?topic=2818004
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by tijehi(f): 8:13pm On Dec 29, 2015
Mj45:
Wasn't even aware there has been an update. Since the 17th of Dec! Can u imagine that? Well, it was hmmm! TEAM CANARY YELLOW AND BLUE. LOVE lemon green a bit though.

Please where was the update posted, cus I searched, I couldn't find any update.
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by hottadiva(f): 10:00pm On Dec 29, 2015
cry cry my instincts told me not to start this story due to bad experiences with previous unfinished stories from this author . look where we are....
Re: In Memory Only (Romance) by safarigirl(f): 12:52am On Dec 30, 2015
hottadiva:
cry cry my instincts told me not to start this story due to bad experiences with previous unfinished stories from this author . look where we are....
I believe I posted the site where this story has been completed.

You probably skipped the link

Here it is: http://afritalks.com/
threads/memory.491/#post-1543

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe / Beneath My Heart / Mask Hunter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.