Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,375 members, 7,958,044 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:57 AM

Mastercard Branded National ID Card, key to Flawless Election in Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mastercard Branded National ID Card, key to Flawless Election in Nigeria (1505 Views)

Buhari Presented With His National ID Card (Photos) / Checkout Photos Of GEJ Branded Phones By Orji Uzor Kalu's SLOK Mobile / FG Replaces Voters-Card With National ID-Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mastercard Branded National ID Card, key to Flawless Election in Nigeria by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 24, 2014
It is obvious that day of Birth is captured in the NIMC data capturing excercise. If this can be fast tracked, It could play a very big role in 2015 Election.

Think of it this way. Every body get captured including new born. We will have a full number of the Population of Nigeria. Next we acquire Electonic voting machines or liase with ATM providers to create link for voting on the ATM. I just have to slot in the card, if I am eligible by age, I could access the voting platform and that is all.

If this is done, I will not have to go to polling units with fear of hijack and violence.

Rural area with no access to ATM services could be provided with the Machine to ensure coverage.

About security, Finger print authentication is now available so we can do away with pin.

It just sounded too simple to me. Many of things as such may not be acceptable but I think its a way forward.

Say your mind about it.
Re: Mastercard Branded National ID Card, key to Flawless Election in Nigeria by arresa: 10:02pm On Aug 24, 2014
Foreign banks and commercial entities shouldn't have access to your personal, National and financial information.

Such exist in only corrupt, crooked and lawless Nigeria..

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Branded National ID Card, key to Flawless Election in Nigeria by Nobody: 7:27am On Aug 25, 2014
arresa: Foreign banks and commercial entities shouldn't have access to your personal, National and financial information.

Many say we are growing. Could not this be part of our growth if we can achieve it.
So much money is poured in NIMC, INEC and NPC when one body and one exercise can cover their activities.
What I dont like about this administration is the number of talkatives that don't seem to see the lapses of the Government. But yet, I know they can do it if they want to.
Re: Mastercard Branded National ID Card, key to Flawless Election in Nigeria by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 28, 2014
Yes.
Re: Mastercard Branded National ID Card, key to Flawless Election in Nigeria by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 28, 2014
View Sample of the ID card.

Re: Mastercard Branded National ID Card, key to Flawless Election in Nigeria by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 28, 2014
No foreign bnk has access to ur files. Tis access bank dat was partnered with. Besides mastercard is a worldwide franchise if de had used sumfin like paga instead,same folks like u wld hav ridiculed it for visa or mastercard.indeed humans r insatiable
Re: Mastercard Branded National ID Card, key to Flawless Election in Nigeria by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 28, 2014
Preciousone4ril: No foreign bnk has access to ur files. Tis access bank dat was partnered with. Besides mastercard is a worldwide franchise if de had used sumfin like paga instead,same folks like u wld hav ridiculed it for visa or mastercard.indeed humans r insatiable

Wow. Is that Bitterness I am sensing?

Please Understand what I mean. I saw that the government worked with mastercard to bring this ID Card in vision. I thought It could be used as our voters card for e-voting too. Is that offensive. If you don't like the idea of using foreign organisation, sorry, its too late. It was once announced that interswitch with access bank will be in charge, I don't know if interswitch is owned by mastercard. Besides, I don't think paga and quickteller have the security that are needed. If they do, why haven't they provided any card to a single bank in Nigeria. They are growing and we can't wait until they are grown for us to start something.
Re: Mastercard Branded National ID Card, key to Flawless Election in Nigeria by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 28, 2014
Preciousone4ril: No foreign bnk has access to ur files. Tis access bank dat was partnered with. Besides mastercard is a worldwide franchise if de had used sumfin like paga instead,same folks like u wld hav ridiculed it for visa or mastercard.indeed humans r insatiable

OhH. Now I get it.
You were talking about #arresa

Thank you for being positive on Nigeria.
Re: Mastercard Branded National ID Card, key to Flawless Election in Nigeria by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 24, 2014
ok
Re: Mastercard Branded National ID Card, key to Flawless Election in Nigeria by Nobody: 8:18am On Sep 26, 2014
yes
Re: Mastercard Branded National ID Card, key to Flawless Election in Nigeria by enigmang: 8:39am On Sep 26, 2014
arresa: Foreign banks and commercial entities shouldn't have access to your personal, National and financial information.

The card is one of the best things that has happened to Nigeria... Your personal information is safe.. you need to read about the card before you condem
MasterCard’s prepaid technology is just one of the card’s 13 different applications, which is stored securely and separately from the other applets including the card’s identification applet. MasterCard is not involved in the identification component of the program and cannot access the National Identification Database or any citizen’s personal or biometric information.

https://www.nairaland.com/1893678/nigerian-national-id-project-response
Re: Mastercard Branded National ID Card, key to Flawless Election in Nigeria by Nobody: 7:38pm On Sep 29, 2014
enigmang:

The card is one of the best things that has happened to Nigeria... Your personal information is safe.. you need to read about the card before you condem

we are talking Election

(1) (Reply)

There Are 89,000 Nigerian Refugees In Niger And Cameroon - UNHCR / Alamieyeseigha Confirms Son’s Death In Dubai / A supporter of APC Bomb Blast , Nemesis Has Caught Up With Northern Part Of The Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.