Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,722 members, 7,827,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) (75888 Views)

Alaafin Of Oyo, Adeyemi In Brazil With His Wives (Photos) / Adeyeye Ogunwusi Visits Alaafin Of Oyo / Alaafin Of Oyo Celebrates His 77th Birthday With Youngest Wife (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by MrT2011(m): 6:24pm On Aug 25, 2014
Xsolutions:
DO NOT COME HERE WITH YOUR POISON...

Is she not telling the truth about yoloba god grin cheesy
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by cbrass(m): 6:25pm On Aug 25, 2014
hercules07:

The Alaafin is superior to the Ooni on all fronts, it was the politics of the AG that elevated the Ooni, who was the Ooni to talk, hell, even the Modakekes sacked Ife several times, even when the Ibadans disagreed with Alaafin, they did not have the temerity to attack Oyo.

Abeg tell them make dem hear oo..Ooni ko Ooni ni

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by cbrass(m): 6:38pm On Aug 25, 2014
Did the Ooni even fight any wars except the Ife-modakeke clash grin

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by stinggy(m): 7:11pm On Aug 25, 2014
remsonik:
I am from ogbomoso and I spend the first 20 years of my life in oyo. I attended FGGC oyo. The likes of joju adeyemi,sherifat mariam and some more I couldn't remember are Feggo girls

Whaooo! You know sherifat mariam?
Seems she put to bed not long ago
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by musiwa94: 7:12pm On Aug 25, 2014
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by sleek82(m): 7:18pm On Aug 25, 2014
MsNas: Well, I'm from Oyo State, though from Ibadan (Omo Ibadan and always proud of it grin). The Alaafin of Oyo actually does well in promoting the Yoruba culture a lot. Makes me proud of my Yoruba heritage. Kudos to Oba Lamidi Adeyemi. I've not seen Oba Sijuade out these days that much, wonder why...
The Alaafin sure knows how to enjoy life sha cheesy

But BTW... why is that Olori (King's Wife) as white as that? I'm not bashing her but with the stereotype associated with Yorubas (which is stupid IMO), I cannot for the life of me fathom why some women whiten their skin. She might be naturally light-skinned sha.
its obvious shes using toning cream and so has d oba himself....
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by T3Amo(f): 8:00pm On Aug 25, 2014
babyosisi: Well it's a surprise the Alaafin and ooni never eliminate themselves
Now that the Alaafin has acquired a Dracula wife,I hope the ooni can match that tactics grin

You were born in 1964, so that would make you 50 years old. How can a 50 year old granma behave like this? Are you not ashamed? This is not normal maybe you should get checked for bi polar disorder or mental illness.
Even kids 1/4 your age do not act like this. You need to grow the fk up. The saying is true: a fool at 40 (in your case 50) is a fool forever. Your life must really suck to be such a bitter, miserable old hag every damn day at your age. Is this what you taught your kids? What a disgrace you are. Smdh so pathetic.

8 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by macof(m): 8:13pm On Aug 25, 2014
hercules07:

The Alaafin is superior to the Ooni on all fronts, it was the politics of the AG that elevated the Ooni, who was the Ooni to talk, hell, even the Modakekes sacked Ife several times, even when the Ibadans disagreed with Alaafin, they did not have the temerity to attack Oyo.

The Ooni had been superior even before 1300AD that Oranmiyan established the Alaafin dynasty

I don't why you people have lost ur senses like this.

Where did Alaafin get his crown? From Ooni
Where does Alaafin trace his origins? From Ooni(or better Olofin, as it was then)

Why was Oranmiyan so determined to return to ife despite having Benin and Oyo?? Ife throne is superior

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by macof(m): 8:29pm On Aug 25, 2014
cbrass: Did the Ooni even fight any wars except the Ife-modakeke clash grin

Yes, Ife took part in Owu's defeat at Orile-Owu

But then when has war become a factor for superiority in Yorubaland? what happened to age and origin?? Didn't Egba defeat oyo?
Didn't Dahomey defeat Oyo?
Didn't Ilorin defeat Oyo?

When last did Oyo fight a battle?
Talk less of the last time they won one

Abi Your people have forgotten what Lisabi did to you? grin

Oyo's imperialism is over, it's jst a rich and proud HISTORY that shouldn't blind you from reality

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by macof(m): 8:37pm On Aug 25, 2014
dont8: But do you know that Oba Adesida III didn't like to take pictures during his reign, I was in the Palace when he died and they have to take the picture in that state he was.

I guessed so.

I was so shocked to see his image wasn't in the photo
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Nobody: 9:02pm On Aug 25, 2014
MrT2011:

Is she not telling the truth about yoloba god grin cheesy
STOP BEING STU.PID...
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by remsonik(f): 9:24pm On Aug 25, 2014
stinggy:

Whaooo! You know sherifat mariam?
Seems she put to bed not long ago
Yes I know them
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by emmasege: 9:24pm On Aug 25, 2014
[quote author=NeuroBoss][/quote]
Which monarch was his wife ceased by MKO in Osun?, it was one of Alaafin's wives that he snatched when he sent her to him to beg for money. Go do ur findings!

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 25, 2014
musiwa94: [b][size=18pt]

Where do you people get your information from...

Awolowo main problem was that, he did not like the Yoruba institution. And ooni of ile ife, support him so that they could both rebel against the culture. this is the story. His reward for rebellion was he became governor . because they wanted to impeach awolowo, so awolowo tried to save his face , this is how they got into this Nigeria problem.. His famous quote," I can not be impeached".

The alafin of Oyo town, soun of Ogbomosho, Olu of Ibadan and the ooni of ile ife town , olofa of offa or Oba of Benin are all of the same rank... They are just Obas ..
You can look at the pictures that book witters were just telling lies. the alafin of oyo town was knew for going about kidnapping people and selling them into slave trade.. and also the oba of Benin at that time. It was Obaseke who left benin to report it to my great grand father who was the Emperor. There are picture of the alafin of Oyo, when my great grand father arrested him too.. for slavery.

All this lies book writer write are not correct history.

The correct story is that.. Oduduwa had twin as his first children and oduduwa lived too old that he made his son king and gave his crown to His twin, who left Ile ife and His son now became king , outside of ile ife.

When oduduwa now die..the son had taken the crown and become king. there was no more crown or king in ile ife. The son was ruling from Out side of Ile Ife.

Many years later, they now said can ile ife be without a ruler.? Oduduwa first son call all the children of the third born of Akanbi , to make one of them ruler over ile ife. When he now selected for one of them as ruler over ile ife. the other children got anger and left ile ife.

Alafin went to settle in a place now call oyo.. ( where the term Oyo yo won le ="Oyo left them behind"wink while Oba of benin left to live in a place, which later became ibenu(Benin " anger"wink

Every Alafin of oyo or oba of Benin or ooni of ile ife or oba of lagos or olofa of offa, or Obaro of Kabba or obas in history have always been install by the Emperor

If you go to britain my Great grand father name is what is on all document.. Or you go to France during the division of the two countries.. not the name of the ooni of ile ife and not alafin of oyo. My name have four ADE.... ADE.... ADE.... ADEMusiwa in it..

The good thing is that there is DNA... so if they go and bring the document.. I will allow them to do a DNA on me, and it will put an end to all of this lies..

It is easy for book makers to lie.. but DNA evident disprove people.. [/size][/b]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQFA7vMjGkg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RYAQbvghdw

I declare you the olunaira of Nairaland
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by manck: 9:48pm On Aug 25, 2014
What do you find on his face.. you find 3 mark on his face.. child of the third born..

that is the alafin of Oyo.

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by cbrass(m): 10:16pm On Aug 25, 2014
macof:

Yes, Ife took part in Owu's defeat at Orile-Owu

But then when has war become a factor for superiority in Yorubaland? what happened to age and origin?? Didn't Egba defeat oyo?
Didn't Dahomey defeat Oyo?
Didn't Ilorin defeat Oyo?

When last did Oyo fight a battle?
Talk less of the last time they won one

Abi Your people have forgotten what Lisabi did to you? grin

Oyo's imperialism is over, it's jst a rich and proud HISTORY that shouldn't blind you from reality

I don't remember telling you am Oyo, however Ooni and his Ife has always been a seating duck, even the war you mentioned wasn't a popular war, mind you those towns that broke out of Oyo only fought for independence and formed a soverign state of which Ijesaland broke out too with the help of Ogedengbe "agbogungboro" then was the prestigious and historical ekitiparapo war that finally put a stop and end to the persistence attacks from Ibadan. Even the Egbas fought, almost all this great Towns fought for liberation purposes but that can't be said of Ife tongue

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by cbrass(m): 10:19pm On Aug 25, 2014
babyosisi:

I declare you the olunaira of Nairaland

gringringrin
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by macof(m): 10:26pm On Aug 25, 2014
cbrass:

I don't remember telling you am Oyo, however Ooni and his Ife has always been a seating duck, even the war you mentioned wasn't a popular war, mind you those towns that broke out of Oyo only fought for independence and formed a soverign state of which Ijesaland broke out too with the help of Ogedengbe "agbogungboro" then was the prestigious and historical ekitiparapo war that finally put a stop and end to the persistence attacks from Ibadan. Even the Egbas fought, almost all this great Towns fought for liberation purposes but that can't be said of Ife tongue

and when did military prowess relate to The legacy of oduduwa?
Did ur people tell u ife was built to be a warring people?

Oyo was built for the sole purpose of creating an army but answer my question since you have been on about war since

When last did oyo win or even partake in a battle?

Kiriji war didn't see Oyo flex it's powers
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by tonytony208(m): 10:28pm On Aug 25, 2014
MrT2011:

grin cheesy grin
I have already been banned!!! Check my profile.
Our juju make me still dey operate cheesy

Oya, let's start the war- Take position cheesy

I Love ya Guts kiss

i don't need to have any special gut to deal with a flatheaded osu, aalmanjiri sslave, and possible aalmanjiris bbastard, like you.
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by cbrass(m): 10:37pm On Aug 25, 2014
macof:

and when did military prowess relate to The legacy of oduduwa?
Did ur people tell u ife was built to be a warring people?

Oyo was built for the sole purpose of creating an army but answer my question since you have been on about war since

When last did oyo win or even partake in a battle?

Kiriji war didn't see Oyo flex it's powers

Got to sleep nw, will reply you tomorow when I get to work
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by musiwa94: 10:41pm On Aug 25, 2014
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by tonytony208(m): 10:43pm On Aug 25, 2014
macof:

The Ooni had been superior even before 1300AD that Oranmiyan established the Alaafin dynasty

I don't why you people have lost ur senses like this.

Where did Alaafin get his crown? From Ooni
Where does Alaafin trace his origins? From Ooni(or better Olofin, as it was then)

Why was Oranmiyan so determined to return to ife despite having Benin and Oyo?? Ife throne is superior

you are right bro. Even osemawe of ondo kingdom (twin brother to oba of ile oluji and favourite of their mother, who is one of the daughters or grand daughters of oduduwa) got his crown from ooni.

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by tonytony208(m): 10:47pm On Aug 25, 2014
musiwa94: [size=18pt]When the Emperor called all children of akanbi , so that he can install a ruler in ile ife. When he did, the others got anger, that is he started a title call "Obale" , some people call it "Oba " .. when they upgrade remove the "O" , it is call O Bale. The bale was just below the Obale or Oba. This is the history of the people.[/size]

what is your true identity.
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Nobody: 11:08pm On Aug 25, 2014
tonytony208:

you are right bro. Even osemawe of ondo kingdom (twin brother to oba of ile oluji and favourite of their mother, who is one of the daughters or grand daughters of oduduwa) got his crown from ooni.
All beaded crown obas got there Crowns from the Ooni of Ife. That's why royalty all over Yoruba land trace their origin to one Ife prince or the other.
You can see all the Oyo guys jumping up and down trying to stay relevant when their king is even ruling over a dynasty that died circa 300-400 years ago. In fact, where they currently are was a dash to them out of pity. One even claimed Yoruba's were from Oyo. confused lots.
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Nobody: 11:15pm On Aug 25, 2014
One even said awolowo and AG made Ooni stronger...grin.
He had the effrontery to lie on a dead man whom the Yoruba's revere. He probably believed awo was at this meeting in 1903.

According to the Royal list of 1931, Alaaye of Efon was
listed as number 16 among all the Obas in Yorubaland.
Extracts from the Nigerian Government Gazette of 28th
February, 1903 relating to the special meeting of Central
Native council which was presided over by the Colonial
Governor, Sir William MacGregor, the Ooni listed Alaaye of
Efon as number eleven among leading Yoruba Obas to
whom crowns have been given by the Ooni of Ife, ( and
number four with regard to Ondo State).
With its unique historical facts and background, Efon
Alaaye had been a Sovereign Yoruba kingdom as far back
as 1200 A. D.; and it is blessed with rich traditional and
cultural heritage.
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 25, 2014
Initially the Alaafin of Oyo originally had no crown.
This should not be surprising as one is aware of the
account recorded by the Reverend Samuel Johnson(an Oyo man) in his book The History of the Yorubas (C.M.S. Lagos,
1922) to the effect that the first Alaafin was badly
treated and that his heritage from Oduduwa’s estate
was very pitiable. When Oyo was established,
therefore, even though the Alaafin had legal rights,
being a DIRECT descendant of Oduduwa, he had no
crown of his own.

It was in fact one of the crowns of
the Olufon-Orolu that was given to the Alaafin out of pity. The common saying in the Oyo area which recalls this
incident graphically, is worth repeating here:

Lade Lade Lade
Alaafin o lade
Ninu Ade Olufon Orolu
L’agba fun Alaafin
(On the issue of having a crown
The Alaafin had no crown
It was from the crowns of Olufon Orolu
That we took (one) for the Alaafin... grin grin grin
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Nobody: 11:26pm On Aug 25, 2014
No Alafin has ever challenged the supremacy of the Ooni except the present Alafin who has been trying unsuccessfully to rewrite Yoruba history by placing himself above his father and other older siblings.

ORANMIYAN, THE FOUNDER OF OYO, IN ACKNOWLEDGING THE SACROSANCTITY OF ILE
–IFE AND SUPREMACY OF THE OONI OF IFE OVER
OTHER YORUBA OBAS, LATER RETURNED TO, BECAME
THE 6TH OONI OF, DIED IN AND WAS ENSHRINED IN ILE-
IFE. IF ALAFIN IS SUPERIOR, ORANMIYAN WOULD NOT
HAVE ABDICATED THE THRONE AS THE 1ST ALAFIN AND
RETURNED HOME TO BECOME THE 6TH OONI IN ILE-IFE
AND PREFERRED TO DIE AND BE ENSHRINED IN ILE IFE.

Ile–Ife is regarded therefore as the metropolis of old
Yoruba. It is suggested by various scholars including
Johnson (1921); Lucas (1948); and Ajayi and Crowther
(1972) that Ile-Ife is fabled as the spot where God created
man, white and black and from whence they dispersed all
over the earth. Fabunmi (1969) further argued that Ile Ife
is further regarded and believed to be the cradle of the
world. The history of Ile Ife though unwritten is based on
oral traditions and referred to as the original home of all
things, the place where the day dawns; the holy city, the
home of divinities and mysterious spirits (Okelola, 2001).

It is however believed that the tradition of the world and of
the origin of the peoples and their state centers on Ile Ife,
the source whence all the major rulers of the then
southern Nigeria derive the sanctions of their kingship
where gods, shrines and festivals forms the center of
religion (Smith 1988). I think we should STOP dissipating
efforts on what is not only natural but trying to alter
impossibility.

DISPUTING THE SUPERIORITY OF OONI OF
IFE OVER ALL YORUBA OBAS INCLUDING ALAFIN OF OYO
IS LIKE DISPUTING THAT THE SKY IS ABOVE OUR
HEADS !
CHALLENGING EITHER THE SUPREMACY OF ILE-IFE OR
THAT OF THE OONI OF IFE BY ANY YORUBA DOES NOT
ONLY MAKE MOCKERY OF OUR GOLDEN HERITAGE OR
INSULT OUR EMULABLE CULTURE AND TRADITION BUT
ALSO AMOUNTS TO AN UNPARDONABLE SACRILEGE
WHICH MAY NOT BE FORGIVEN BY ODUDUWA AND
ORANMIYAN HIMSELF.
O’odua a gbe wa o !

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by easystudy101: 11:44pm On Aug 25, 2014
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by musiwa94: 11:53pm On Aug 25, 2014
x
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by musiwa94: 12:00am On Aug 26, 2014
ss
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by PeterKbaba: 12:23am On Aug 26, 2014
Alaafin of Oyo & Ooni of Ife!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? / Emmanuella Ropo "I Am Not Ooni Ogunwusi's New Wife" / Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.