Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) (75816 Views)

Alaafin Of Oyo, Adeyemi In Brazil With His Wives (Photos) / Adeyeye Ogunwusi Visits Alaafin Of Oyo / Alaafin Of Oyo Celebrates His 77th Birthday With Youngest Wife (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Babafaros(m): 5:00am On Aug 25, 2014
Every1 knows Alaafin na Boss,Who is Ooni of ife beside a god himself

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by alaladakosta(f): 5:11am On Aug 25, 2014
Good
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Babafaros(m): 5:21am On Aug 25, 2014
WHAT
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by basty: 5:29am On Aug 25, 2014
RoyalRoy: Just check out the regalia and swags of Oba Adeyemi With his pretty queen.!!!

And then some ignorant few will claim Ooni of Ife is the greater of the two kings.

Is it not obvious the Alaafin is pushing more of the Yoruba culture and tradition all over the globe than the Ooni?

He has the flair and charisma that portrays a true royal king of the yorubas. Never mincing words, always real and factual.

I believe he is one of the very few revered and articulate kings left in Yoruba land. If not the greatest of this generation.

May he never stumble. Amen.

God bless you, proudly Yoruba in diaspora

9 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by etochi11(m): 5:35am On Aug 25, 2014
this em wife/girlfrnd get problem sha oo. Ndi yoruba ndooo!! grin
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by RoyalRoy(m): 5:38am On Aug 25, 2014
basty:

God bless you, proudly Yoruba in diaspora

Yes boss. This is one of the few kings that gives me good reasons to visit my root more often. Keep the tradition alive till the last of all generations.... location will never be a barrier...NEVER!!

4 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Nobody: 5:38am On Aug 25, 2014
etochi11: this em wife/girlfrnd get problem sha oo. Ndi yoruba ndooo!! grin

How do these younger women sleep on the same bed and allow their grand father touch them?

4 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:40am On Aug 25, 2014
Is it true that nobody looks at the Alaafin through a mirror? In fact it is said that his cars usually don't have rear-view mirrors.
Aji se bi Oyo lari, Oyo ki se bi baba eni kankan.

8 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by RoyalRoy(m): 5:40am On Aug 25, 2014
stinggy:

In all your getting, get WISDOM bro.
You obviously lack that!
Smdh

You didn't need to reply him. Myopic as he is he doesn't know that to stay relevant and in charge you have to propagate your ideas and ideals beyond your bedroom.

8 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by RoyalRoy(m): 5:42am On Aug 25, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: Is it true that nobody looks at the Alaafin through a mirror? In fact it is said that his cars usually don't have rear-view mirrors.

A lot of myth wound around this great Oba. Over the years many have evolved into fairy tales and no one knows which is true or not.

3 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by 19naia(m): 5:43am On Aug 25, 2014
So Gracious of his highness to go in the spirit of "Shared culture" rather than "stolen culture" that was dragged to brazil and other parts via Stolen people treated as property and stolen property at that...

Its one world now and the only way to repair the ongoing damage, is to share the world and be one with all people and all the lands..

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Nobody: 5:45am On Aug 25, 2014
Blaqsmith: Ooni is just like a head of state in parliamentarianism ....Oba Lamidi Adeyemi is more than a king in Yorubaland,he is a god!
You got it wrong..it's the other way round. And what even happened to the political aka head of state after the fall of Oyo empire(popularly called oyo ile) in present day Niger state??...

Also tell me how far ago was Oyo ile created?

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by RoyalRoy(m): 5:45am On Aug 25, 2014
babyosisi:

How do these younger women sleep on the same bed and allow their grand father touch them?

This particular Olori is the youngest and the last of his numerous wives. She delivered a set of triplets in her first year of marriage to the king. You talk of sleeping with "her grandfather"....lol....this "grandpa's" engine is still well oiled and galvanised even more than that of most youths...lol

18 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by stinggy(m): 5:47am On Aug 25, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: Is it true that nobody looks at the Alaafin through a mirror? In fact it is said that his cars usually don't have rear-view mirrors.
I swear on the gods, that thing is real.
I know of a former driver that fell a victim.
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Nobody: 5:47am On Aug 25, 2014
stinggy: Iku Baba Yeye, may the gods extend your years on earth.
Proud omo oyo cool

In all your getting, get WISDOM bro.
You obviously lack that!
Smdh
whatever makes you sleep at night boy.
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Nobody: 5:48am On Aug 25, 2014
RoyalRoy:

This particular Olori is the youngest and the last of his numerous wives. She delivered a set of triplets in her first year of marriage to the king. Talk of sleeping with ,"her grandfather" whose engine is still well oiled and galvanised even more than most youths...lol

You are assuming the children are truly his
Don't underestimate a woman on a mission
He is incapable of putting on any fires in the bedroom
Biology doesn't lie
She just lets him believe he does
The real bobo that strokes her fire is undercover

3 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by RoyalRoy(m): 5:49am On Aug 25, 2014
saxywale:
You got it wrong..it's the other way round. And what even happened to the political aka head of state after the fall of Oyo empire(popularly called oyo ile) in present day Niger state??...

Well here we go again. My first post that you quoted, if you read well.I referred to the few who will come here and argue... maybe if I have some hours to spare before going to bed I will send you a mail in history and Genesis of the whole squabbles for superiority between the two.

But naturally if you are from Ile-Ife I will understand your point of argument.

4 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by magnetik(m): 5:51am On Aug 25, 2014
[quote author=saxywale]
your bleaching skin illiterate king. Some parts of his face are coca cola coloured while others are fanta coloured. A big disgrace to the Yoruba race. Note: The ooni won't disrespect himself by going to Brazil, citizens of south America usually find their way to Ife[b]
Swashbuckler.. smh.[/b]

3 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Nobody: 5:51am On Aug 25, 2014
RoyalRoy:

Well here we go again. My first post that you quoted, if you read well.I referred to the few who will come here and argue... maybe if I have some hours to spare before going to bed I will send you a mail in history and Genesis of the whole squabbles for superiority between the two.

But naturally if you are from Ile-Ife I will understand your point of argument.
Katsumoto has several threads littered all over Nairaland that's floored your argument several times.. I won't mind digging them out for you when I am less busy.
You should have kept the ooni of Ife out of your discussion if you weren't looking for a reply

I can see you are new on Nairaland. welcome on board.
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by stinggy(m): 5:53am On Aug 25, 2014
saxywale:
whatever makes you sleep at night boy.
No, don't get it wrong. It's not about me, it's about the ignorance that oozes from your posts angry

5 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by RoyalRoy(m): 5:54am On Aug 25, 2014
babyosisi:

You are assuming the children are truly his
Don't underestimate a woman on a mission

Hahaha

Most known polygamists dont sit on the fence and raise "bastards" not to talk of a traditional ruler.

Check out M.K.O Abiola, he surely got a lot of bastards brought forth as his but in his own "way" without DNA et all, he still could sieve his own from the shaft.

I believe its not the Alaafin that will be lagging behind.

P.S there is a traditional law/myth/ curse on any man who sleeps with a woman a Yoruba king has already slept with, except the king dies. Such men die prematurely, violently and never make a headway in life afterwards.

13 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Nobody: 5:55am On Aug 25, 2014
stinggy:
No, don't get it wrong. It's not about me, it's about the ignorance that oozes from your posts angry
ignored.
you are too little and not worth my time....Lil boy.
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by RoyalRoy(m): 5:56am On Aug 25, 2014
saxywale:
your bleaching skin illiterate king. Some parts of his face are coca cola coloured while others are fanta coloured. A big disgrace to the Yoruba race. Note: The ooni won't disrespect himself by going to Brazil, citizens of south America usually find their way to Ife themselves.

Well how a man wants to appear to the public is not the discuss here. We are talking about ideals and agenda in propagating the traditional and customary values of his people. Could his light skin not be due to some skin disorder? Have you thought about it?

Food for thought.

18 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Nobody: 6:00am On Aug 25, 2014
I would leave this thread for now and wait for the real Yoruba historians to arrive on here. don't wanna derail this beautiful thread. I only wished you never mentioned the ooni of ife in your post as the royal line of the ooni existed years before the creation of Oyo ile.

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by stinggy(m): 6:02am On Aug 25, 2014
saxywale:
ignored.
you are to little and not worth my time....Lil boy.
LoL
*clap clap*
We know your type

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by RoyalRoy(m): 6:03am On Aug 25, 2014
saxywale:
Katsumoto has several threads littered all over Nairaland that's floored your argument several times.. I won't mind digging them out for you when I am less busy.
You should have kept the ooni of Ife out of your discussion if you weren't looking for a reply

I can see you are new on Nairaland. welcome on board.

Well, you already derailed the beautiful thread.

You need to learn how to articulate your points and arguments online. You are sounding unnecessarily brash and angry over a matter that is open for a good discuss.

Cool down. This is not the Kiriji war.

15 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Nobody: 6:03am On Aug 25, 2014
What is he doing in brazil?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video / Emmanuella Ropo "I Am Not Ooni Ogunwusi's New Wife" / Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.