Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

Her iPhone Burned A Hole In Her Bosom - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Her iPhone Burned A Hole In Her Bosom (2726 Views)

Woman Dives Into A Deep Lake To Save Her Iphone 5 Which Fell Inside (photos) / Enjoyment Time With These Discovered Loop Hole follow the screenshot / This Samsung Galaxy S3 Reportedly Exploded And Severely Burned A Woman's Leg. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Her iPhone Burned A Hole In Her Bosom by StealthyMe(m): 10:25am On Aug 25, 2014
A Mother has been left scarred for life after her charging mobile scorched her as she slept.

Dionne Baxter, 24, from Essex was burned by her iPhone as she slept and Was left with a painful five inch burn which later became infected.Fears that she will be unable to breastfeed should she have another child.

Sleeping with your mobile charging beside you isn't uncommon but for one young mother, keeping her iPhone close at hand has had painful consequences.Dionne Baxter, 24, fell asleep lying across her charging iPhone 4 but woke up in agony the next day with a five inch burn on her breast.
Ms Baxter, a former warehouse worker from Purfleet in Essex, was rushed to hospital where doctors attempted to treat the wound with antibiotic cream and painkillers.

'I sleep in the nude and this large red mark was all down one side to the nipple,'Ms Baxter revealed in an interview with the Sun newspaper.

When I touched the phone, it was so hot, I couldn't pick it up.'Ms Baxter's experience is not the first time that unwary users have found themselves injured by an overheating iPhone.
Just two weeks ago.
Jake Parker, 18, woke up to find himself with a painful burn on his arm after dozing off draped over his iPhone 5.
And in February, a teenage girl was left with second degree burns after her iPhone caught fire while in her back pocket at school.
The 14-year-old had just arrived for her French class at a middle school in Kennebunk, Maine, when the device spontaneously set alight and burnt her thigh and back.
Ms Baxter, whose wound later became infected, now fears that she may not be able to breastfeed a second child should she have one.'It's dreadful,' she added. 'Imagine if my daughter had been on that side of the bed and it had burned her face.'

Apple declined to comment when approached by MailOnline.

Re: Her iPhone Burned A Hole In Her Bosom by StealthyMe(m): 10:27am On Aug 25, 2014
Because of Nudity content(NL guidelines), i cannot post the full picture of her scarred bosom but they can be checked out here - http://techageek..in/2014/08/dangers-of-your-mobile-scarred-for-life.html

1 Like

Re: Her iPhone Burned A Hole In Her Bosom by EnterPRO: 1:06pm On Aug 25, 2014
eh yah.

even if dem settle her, e no go reach.
Re: Her iPhone Burned A Hole In Her Bosom by Warlord3000(m): 2:50pm On Aug 25, 2014
I need to get a better view on the injury sustained by the woman's bosom before I truly believe it.. wink

1 Like

Re: Her iPhone Burned A Hole In Her Bosom by experimentist: 5:22pm On Aug 25, 2014
I tek gods beg you for the full pics of d bossom.. Forget d rules, nutin..
Re: Her iPhone Burned A Hole In Her Bosom by StealthyMe(m): 5:44pm On Aug 25, 2014
EnterPRO: eh yah.

even if dem settle her, e no go reach.

Not at all bro ; except of course,she visits an excellent surgeon ; cosmetic or otherwise..But that money gatz large oo

1 Like

Re: Her iPhone Burned A Hole In Her Bosom by StealthyMe(m): 5:45pm On Aug 25, 2014
Warlord3000: I need to get a better view on the injury sustained by the woman's bosom before I truly believe it.. wink

Hehe...Better View smiley
But the pics are on the blog
Re: Her iPhone Burned A Hole In Her Bosom by StealthyMe(m): 5:49pm On Aug 25, 2014
experimentist: I tek gods beg you for the full pics of d bossom.. Forget d rules, nutin..

Bro NL gidi gaan oo..The unclothedness wey show sef na nu.dity i write oo ; not to talk bout putting the full pic.

Though,its on the blog link
Re: Her iPhone Burned A Hole In Her Bosom by hatux: 5:57pm On Aug 25, 2014
Eiyah.
Re: Her iPhone Burned A Hole In Her Bosom by StealthyMe(m): 6:06pm On Aug 25, 2014
hatux: Eiyah.

lol...lesson for others
Re: Her iPhone Burned A Hole In Her Bosom by OCTAVO: 6:52pm On Aug 25, 2014
cheesy
Re: Her iPhone Burned A Hole In Her Bosom by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 25, 2014
Lovely bosom
Re: Her iPhone Burned A Hole In Her Bosom by nellaluv(f): 7:42pm On Aug 25, 2014
Pics of the burnt br.east or #Adonbelivit . Frontpage content. It seems the iphone is a dangerous device, a time bomb waiting to explode.
Beti wait, are you sure this lady did not upset 'siri', i heard she's a psychotic bi.tch.
Anyways, just chilling with my sammy android device cool
Re: Her iPhone Burned A Hole In Her Bosom by StealthyMe(m): 7:53pm On Aug 25, 2014
stardragon: Lovely bosom

After or Before the incident? undecided
Re: Her iPhone Burned A Hole In Her Bosom by StealthyMe(m): 7:59pm On Aug 25, 2014
nellaluv: Pics of the burnt br.east or #Adonbelivit . Frontpage content. It seems the iphone is a dangerous device, a time bomb waiting to explode.
Beti wait, are you sure this lady did not upset 'siri', i heard she's a psychotic bi.tch.
Anyways, just chilling with my sammy android device cool

Pictures dey d blog oo but i might as well post it here then...Just dnt want to run foul of NL rules.

She was actually blasted on social media for this, why she slept on her phone, maybe she was drunk & stuff but it doesn't underscore that iPhones shld be treated as 'time bombs' as termed.

We shld all be conscious of this fact ( all phones though) & Na the Mods hand FP tinz deyy oo.
Re: Her iPhone Burned A Hole In Her Bosom by Genea(f): 8:22pm On Aug 25, 2014
Dis isnt fair oooo,all u iphone users,u had bera not use ya money to buy wahala....if u tink am sayin pooo ask dis woman .....she needs to be compensated
Re: Her iPhone Burned A Hole In Her Bosom by StealthyMe(m): 8:47pm On Aug 25, 2014
Genea: Dis isnt fair oooo,all u iphone users,u had bera not use ya money to buy wahala....if u tink am sayin pooo ask dis woman .....she needsiP to be compensated

iPhone users might just have a rethink..and the lady might not be compensated unless she takes it up with them in a law suit as dem Siri people nor gree talk anythang!
Re: Her iPhone Burned A Hole In Her Bosom by Genea(f): 8:48pm On Aug 25, 2014
StealthyMe:

iPhone users might just have a rethink..and the lady might not be compensated unless she takes it up with them in a law suit as dem Siri people nor gree talk anythang!
u r ryt,dose sili manufacturers creating phone bombs

1 Like

Re: Her iPhone Burned A Hole In Her Bosom by StealthyMe(m): 9:14pm On Aug 25, 2014
Genea: u r ryt,dose sili manufacturers creating phone bombs

And to think we actually spend a lot on them ; I just saw some news about Apple recalling some iPhone 5's cos of dia battery woes ...
Re: Her iPhone Burned A Hole In Her Bosom by oluwaKStar(m): 9:16pm On Aug 25, 2014
K..I don help una click dat stupid link

1 Like

Re: Her iPhone Burned A Hole In Her Bosom by StealthyMe(m): 9:20pm On Aug 25, 2014
oluwaKStar: K..I don help una click dat stupid link

Stupid link undecided
And thanks for posting..
Re: Her iPhone Burned A Hole In Her Bosom by lawrenceunaa: 9:32pm On Aug 25, 2014
emmm , what should i type sorry or dont see with a timed bomb beside you. Right from the days of nokia i dislike phones without memorycard slot.
Re: Her iPhone Burned A Hole In Her Bosom by nellaluv(f): 9:47pm On Aug 25, 2014
oluwaKStar: K..I don help una click dat stupid link

Nice burnt boobs.
Re: Her iPhone Burned A Hole In Her Bosom by StealthyMe(m): 9:59pm On Aug 25, 2014
nellaluv:

Nice burnt boobs.

Like for real? shocked
Re: Her iPhone Burned A Hole In Her Bosom by oluwaKStar(m): 9:59pm On Aug 25, 2014
nellaluv:

Nice burnt boobs.
perfectly kooked

1 Like

Re: Her iPhone Burned A Hole In Her Bosom by faftop: 11:08pm On Aug 25, 2014
If iphone cn do dis? i fear wat Tecno will do

2 Likes

Re: Her iPhone Burned A Hole In Her Bosom by StealthyMe(m): 11:16pm On Aug 25, 2014
faftop: If iphone cn do dis? i fear wat Tecno will do

lol! grin
Re: Her iPhone Burned A Hole In Her Bosom by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:43am On Aug 26, 2014
Ordinary ant bite you for bed you will jump up immediatley, na I'm she come wait make the iphone cook the bobby? Abeg jor apple will not answer you.

1 Like

Re: Her iPhone Burned A Hole In Her Bosom by StealthyMe(m): 6:14am On Aug 26, 2014
GAZZUZZ: Ordinary ant bite you for bed you will jump up immediatley, na I'm she come wait make the iphone cook the bobby? Abeg jor apple will not answer you.

Thats why people were saying she must probably have been dead drunk & oblivious of things around her.
Re: Her iPhone Burned A Hole In Her Bosom by mekuzee1(m): 6:39am On Aug 26, 2014
faftop: If iphone cn do dis? i fear wat Tecno will do
I believe tecno will nt go 4 d bosom it will jejely go 4 d veejeyjey n burn d clit..

1 Like

Re: Her iPhone Burned A Hole In Her Bosom by Genea(f): 12:14pm On Aug 26, 2014
StealthyMe:

And to think we actually spend a lot on them ; I just saw some news about Apple recalling some iPhone 5's cos of dia battery woes ...
nawa o 4 dem o

1 Like

Re: Her iPhone Burned A Hole In Her Bosom by StealthyMe(m): 8:43pm On Aug 26, 2014
iPhone 6 might just be out in 2weeks time!

So who's getting it ? grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Best Gionee Android Phone In Nigeria / About Club Konnect / My Infinix Hot 3 Refused To Update To Latest Version

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.