Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,806 members, 7,956,061 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:06 PM

Is It Possible To Sell Your Soul To The Devil? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Possible To Sell Your Soul To The Devil? (2999 Views)

Dedicate Your Soul To Father Satan Here / Please Don't Lose Your Soul To The Devil / Ten People Who Sold Their Soul To The Devil. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Sell Your Soul To The Devil? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:43am On Aug 25, 2014
‪Can you actually sell your soul to Satan? Is that just a legend?

http://www.gotquestions.org/sell-soul-devil.html

Re: Is It Possible To Sell Your Soul To The Devil? by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 25, 2014
Early morning crack.... grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Sell Your Soul To The Devil? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:27am On Aug 26, 2014
Apatheist:

Early morning crack.... grin

Have you sold your soul to the imp?
Re: Is It Possible To Sell Your Soul To The Devil? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 26, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Have you sold your soul to the imp?
I have no 'soul' to sell.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Sell Your Soul To The Devil? by Lucario007(m): 4:46pm On Aug 26, 2014
Depends on which one.

Is it Hades, Lucifer, Beelzebub, Kraken, Oni, Shinigami, Azazel, or any of the other 500+ devils not mentioned?
Re: Is It Possible To Sell Your Soul To The Devil? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:38pm On Aug 26, 2014
Apatheist:

I have no 'soul' to sell.

Are you saying that you are a man with no soul? shocked
Re: Is It Possible To Sell Your Soul To The Devil? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:40pm On Aug 26, 2014
Lucario007:

Depends on which one.

Is it Hades, Lucifer, Beelzebub, Kraken, Oni, Shinigami, Azazel, or any of the other 500+ devils not mentioned?

Start by telling us whether you've sold your soul or not before you become specific as to who you sold it to.
Re: Is It Possible To Sell Your Soul To The Devil? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 6:36pm On Aug 26, 2014
I didn't sell mine. I gave it to Him free of charge.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Sell Your Soul To The Devil? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:43pm On Aug 26, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

I didn't sell mine. I gave it to Him free of charge.

"For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?" (Mark 8:36)
Re: Is It Possible To Sell Your Soul To The Devil? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 26, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Are you saying that you are a man with no soul? shocked
I'm not in the mood, Ola.
Find someone else to troll.
I'm not gay.
Re: Is It Possible To Sell Your Soul To The Devil? by daryoor(m): 9:31pm On Aug 26, 2014
illefo illuminati!!!

let me put it like barney stinson, its possimpible!

people leave their bodies in hospitals when in a near death situation, some were able to tell labels on ceiling fan there coudnt have known without levitation, some were able to recall discussions that transpired rooms far away from their. guy this thing na mystery o.

one more thing you don smoke igbo before way you dey outside and inside of yourself, i know thats sounds stupid but e don do me before.
Re: Is It Possible To Sell Your Soul To The Devil? by bambuzz88: 10:01pm On Aug 26, 2014
OLAADEGBU: ‪Can you actually sell your soul to Satan? Is that just a legend?
l

the commonly used "sell your soul" is a metaphor

to be honest with yourself. You're a freak. You're such a weirdo, why are you doing that. Why don't you join the rest of us?". Yeah, and you're a carbon-copy that was molded by a brainwashed society. You're depriving your own soul of its own organic expression. Here is the measure to see who is doing this "life" thing in a better way. Who has more inner happiness?

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

you were born a MASTER, don't die a slave

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Sell Your Soul To The Devil? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:30pm On Aug 26, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

"For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?" (Mark 8:36)

The answer is in the question.
Re: Is It Possible To Sell Your Soul To The Devil? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:57pm On Aug 27, 2014
OLAADEGBU: ‪Can you actually sell your soul to Satan? Is that just a legend?

http://www.gotquestions.org/sell-soul-devil.html

Question: "Is it possible to sell your soul to the devil?"

Answer: In the fanciful tale of Dr. Faustus, a man makes a deal with the devil: in exchange for his body and soul, the man is to receive supernatural power and pleasures for 24 years. The devil agrees to the trade, and Dr. Faustus enjoys the pleasures of sin for a season, but his doom is sealed. At the end of 24 years, Faustus attempts to thwart the devil’s plans, but he meets a frightful demise, nonetheless. This legend works well as a morality tale and as a metaphor for the wages of sin, but the details of its plot are not biblical.

The Bible has no instance of a person “selling his soul” to Satan, and it never implies that making a bargain with the devil is possible. Here is some of what Scripture does reveal about Satan:

1) Satan has power enough to oppose even the angels (Jude 9; Daniel 10:12-13).

2) Satan seeks to deceive by masquerading as an angel of light (2 Corinthians 11:14-15).

3) God has provided the means of defending ourselves against Satan’s attacks (Ephesians 6:11-12).

4) Satan’s power is limited by God’s will (Job 1:10-12; 1 Corinthians 10:13).

5) As “the god of this world,” Satan has dominion over those who live without Christ in the world (2 Corinthians 4:4).

Surely, there are those who suffer under direct satanic control, such as the young medium of Philippi (Acts 16:16-19). And there are those who have devoted themselves to the devil’s work, such as the sorcerers Simon (Acts 8:9-11) and Elymas (Acts 13:8.) However, in each of these three examples, the power of God prevails over Satan’s slavery. In fact, Simon is offered a chance to repent (Acts 8:22). Obviously, there had been no irrevocable “selling” of Simon’s soul.

Without Christ, we are all under condemnation of death (Romans 3:23). Before we are saved, we are all in bondage to the devil, as 1 John 5:19 says, “The whole world lies in the power of the evil one.” Praise the Lord, we have a new Master, One who can break the chains of any sin and set us free (1 Corinthians 6:9-11; Mark 5:1-15).

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/sell-soul-devil.html#ixzz3BbXvz9UW
Re: Is It Possible To Sell Your Soul To The Devil? by 4C2215131: 5:48pm On Aug 27, 2014
More like making pacts.
Re: Is It Possible To Sell Your Soul To The Devil? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 27, 2014
ask jizz-us he went there for three days might have made a bargain with the devil to deceive silly xtianz PRAIZE JIZZ-US.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Sell Your Soul To The Devil? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:44pm On Aug 29, 2014
4C2215131:

More like making pacts.

That's right but it's more than that.
Re: Is It Possible To Sell Your Soul To The Devil? by 4C2215131: 5:48pm On Aug 29, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

That's right but it's more than that.

Nope, it isn't more than that. Selling your soul to the devil is just a term used by the un-informed, a term made so by classical novels and hollywood.

You make pacts with entities which binds both parties and contrary to popular belief you can call the shots while making such. You are offered terms and conditions and the onus is on you to accept or not or negotiate (yes, you can negotiate with entities) or modify outrightly the terms and conditions. But note that once signed (yes, pacts are signed like every day deals just not will ball point pens or parkers) each must keep their end of the bargain.

So, selling your soul to the devil is more like an exaggeration.
Re: Is It Possible To Sell Your Soul To The Devil? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:47pm On Aug 29, 2014
4C2215131:

Nope, it isn't more than that. Selling your soul to the devil is just a term used by the un-informed, a term made so by classical novels and hollywood.

You make pacts with entities which binds both parties and contrary to popular belief you can call the shots while making such. You are offered terms and conditions and the onus is on you to accept or not or negotiate (yes, you can negotiate with entities) or modify outrightly the terms and conditions. But note that once signed (yes, pacts are signed like every day deals just not will ball point pens or parkers) each must keep their end of the bargain.

So, selling your soul to the devil is more like an exaggeration.

That is what you've been made to believe but remember that the devil has been around for more than 6,000 years, so don't think that you can be wiser than him.
Re: Is It Possible To Sell Your Soul To The Devil? by 4C2215131: 8:43pm On Aug 29, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

That is what you've been made to believe but remember that the devil has been around for more than 6,000 years, so don't think that you can be wiser than him.

One thing that higher powers don't mess with and when I say higher powers I mean Almighty God inclusive, is Free-will.

The devil can NEVER force you against your will to do anthing. What he does is entice or tempt you. Remember how he tempted Jesus right. Same thing goes with pacts. You want something from an entity, the entity wants something in return. Tit for tat. You bargain and deals struck in the supernatural are written in stone, not subject to reneging from either parties as is common in earthly transactions.

So, the key is knowing for sure what you really want and what you're willing to offer for it. Anyways, you don't need to go into pacts with entities. If you know the authority you have in God, even Balzebub the prince of devils can't resist your charms. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Sell Your Soul To The Devil? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:15pm On Sep 01, 2014
4C2215131:

One thing that higher powers don't mess with and when I say higher powers I mean Almighty God inclusive, is Free-will.

The devil can NEVER force you against your will to do anthing. What he does is entice or tempt you. Remember how he tempted Jesus right. Same thing goes with pacts. You want something from an entity, the entity wants something in return. Tit for tat. You bargain and deals struck in the supernatural are written in stone, not subject to reneging from either parties as is common in earthly transactions.

So, the key is knowing for sure what you really want and what you're willing to offer for it. Anyways, you don't need to go into pacts with entities. If you know the authority you have in God, even Balzebub the prince of devils can't resist your charms. Cheers.

Our people say, if you are to eat with the devil make sure you use a long fork. wink

(1) (Reply)

Atheists Pls Identify Your Leaning Here. ID Yourself Properly / Atheists:Explain the Existence of Miracles! / The Lord's Chosen Holds Crusade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.