Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 (24284 Views)

UEFA Champions League Group Stage Draw On 28th August 2014 / MK Dons Vs Manchester United: Capital One Cup (4 - 0) On 26th August 2014 / Real Madrid Vs Atletico Madrid : Spanish Super Cup (1 - 1) On 19th August 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by donem: 3:16pm On Aug 30, 2014
natureblack: and what good does it do to the progress of the team ?
It will boast our players morale be it for a day, atall atall nah it bad pass.
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by michaeltotti(m): 3:17pm On Aug 30, 2014
Belovedd: Una just dey make noise. If u wanna judge LVG, judge him when he plays with full squad, 12 injuries plus Vidic, evra, giggs and ferdinand all gone? new signings yet to play? abegi make we hear word, when arsenal suffered injuries no be d likes of young whoop them 8-2?
Moyes had full squad, so LVG can only be judged on that basis. Chikena
na someone said mke d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣y get injury?atleast burnley used 11 players and so does utd..

Di maria п̥̥̲̣̣̣̥ό̲̣̣̣̥̥̊ play?

2 Likes

Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by michaeltotti(m): 3:18pm On Aug 30, 2014
qoonlay: 3 more angels needed to restore this team, angel maria no ft do am alone. undecided
theyv agreed blind deal again.person wey see sev neva save united nt †o talk Ơ̴̴̴͡f blind?grin

3 Likes

Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by incredibleone: 3:19pm On Aug 30, 2014
glitest:
WORD!!...Thank you.
pls y d thank u? U didn't lose becos it z burnley,a confam epl team will destroy that team...............van gaal needs to sit down and be humble

1 Like

Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by 2scorehigh(m): 3:20pm On Aug 30, 2014
slap1: Are we betting on that?

Jus wait. U go see am na.
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by alaoeri: 3:21pm On Aug 30, 2014
dabossman:

Patience bruv. Even Fergie went three seasons without a trophy between 2004 and 2006. LVG has just played 3 league games. Haba.
Check ur record Fergie won carling cup 2006.
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by poiZon: 3:28pm On Aug 30, 2014
make LVG no come give mama eliza heartbreak o, e no go beta for am o.

anyways anythng wey fit make me happy its welcome esp if everton do it today against our noisy neigbours!

gunnerssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 30, 2014
dabossman:

Patience bruv. Even Fergie went three seasons without a trophy between 2004 and 2006. LVG has just played 3 league games. Haba.
That was because of his ego
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 30, 2014
CFCfan: In the 2007/08 season, Man United were winless in their first 3 EPL games of the season. But they went on to win the 'double' in May 2008...
This guy go just dey find OPTA stats every week....nothing for Man utd ds season.
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by faftop: 3:35pm On Aug 30, 2014
I remember united in the 80s fergie had to
rebuild a team we finished near the bottom of the
league one season everyone was calling for his
head the fa cup run saved him his job and the
rest is history!! The younger generation of
supporters are not used to united losing games
and not wining all the time.. They just need to
ride the storm and it won't be long before were
back were we belong..we have the right man to
sort the mess out for ryan giggs to take us forward
after van ghal departed!! Only thing bothering me
at the moment is were losing without a fight we
need a vidic type of center back and a bryan
robson nicky butt type of midfielder to get stuck
innnn...

from a Diehard fan...(not glory hunter)

3 Likes

Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by mart2k(m): 3:35pm On Aug 30, 2014
lose van moyes ,nothing 4 u this season

1 Like

Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by natureblack(m): 3:37pm On Aug 30, 2014
dabossman:

What we have isn't working and hasn't been working for almost three years now. It took the genius of Fergie to win us our last two titles. Since Ronaldo left we have struggled badly even with our 4-4-2. It's time to try something new. Maybe 4-2-3-1, 4-1-2-1-2, or 3-5-2. The players can learn to play to a new formation. Those that can't adjust can be shipped out till we get it right.

I'm not expecting a title this season, but hopefully we'll soon start seeing better play and good wins.

64% possession. We should be doing something better with that up front.
bro,I appreciate the time u took in breaking this down,buh am still emphasizing on working with what we have.3man defence is a no-no for man Utd dew to the kinda players we have on play.

permit me to digress

in the process of building a new and reliable team,the likes of Fletcher,Cleverly,Welbeck,Smalling are ought to be taken outta the team and shot dead.
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by dabossman(m): 3:39pm On Aug 30, 2014
SavageGarden: I consider Arsenal fans to be more loyal and
noble than many United fans. They are what it
means to be a football fan.

I'm almost tempted to agree with you. The way our fans have been whining in the last one year is near irritating. Every team goes through a slump. Deal with it.

1 Like

Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by natureblack(m): 3:40pm On Aug 30, 2014
dabossman:

bruh,I can't wait all that long years to see progress in a team I have loved with passion for the past 10yrs

Bruh I can't wait

1 Like

Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by dabossman(m): 3:42pm On Aug 30, 2014
alaoeri:
Check ur record Fergie won carling cup 2006.

I'm talking league title you are talking Carling Cup. tongue

So who says LVG won't eventually win Capital One cup after 3 seasons? angry

Give the dude a break.
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by WoodcrestMayor(m): 3:43pm On Aug 30, 2014
The players are finding it difficult to perform in this new formation.3-5-2 is a formation that emphasizes possession.The English are used to a more direct style.We dont have players who can execute wat LVG wants...for now.They might get used to it but confidence is fast deserting the team.Today,we didnt play as a unit;players were too far apart.The few moment of brilliance we saw were times wen players had to run...e.g DiMaria's dash down the left flank.
My advice(i know he's not listening grin) to LVG is dat he shouldnt be rigid.I expected a switch to 4-3-3 wen Welbeck and Janujaz were introducted but no alteration was made.
I rest my case... lipsrsealed
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by fairari022(m): 3:45pm On Aug 30, 2014
timbros: Wow!

Burnley drop points against Man Utd?

Unbelievable!

Man Utd don dey try o... grin
true talk! Man utd must give credits to her defence , because Chelsea ,arguably the finest defence in the world, yet couldn't stop Burnley from netting a goal.

Kudos to man utd for holding Burnley to a goalless tie.

1 Like

Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by dabossman(m): 3:48pm On Aug 30, 2014
natureblack: bruh,I can't wait all that long years to see progress in a team I have loved with passion for the past 10yrs

Bruh I can't wait

Take it from someone who has been supporting United for more than 20 years. It takes time. I've watched Liverpool fans, Chelsea fans and Arsenal fans watch us cart away the title consistently and I've felt their pain..;okay, that's a lie, I gloated; but we've hit a bad patch since Fergie left. Sh*t happens. Doesn't mean we should become turncoats. Except you are not a true fan.

No be people support Chelsea for 50 years. Some support Man City sef? One season and we are already preaching the Doomsday message.

Chill bruv.
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by Antell95(m): 3:50pm On Aug 30, 2014
makkitush: hahahahahaha. Look at them "NOISEMAKERS" una neva see anything sef.
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 30, 2014
faftop: [b]I remember united in the 80s fergie had to
rebuild a team we finished near the bottom of the
league one season everyone was calling for his
head the fa cup run saved him his job and the
rest is history!! [/b]The younger generation of
supporters are not used to united losing games
and not wining all the time.. They just need to
ride the storm and it won't be long before were
back were we belong..we have the right man to
sort the mess out for ryan giggs to take us forward
after van ghal departed!! Only thing bothering me
at the moment is were losing without a fight we
need a vidic type of center back and a bryan
robson nicky butt type of midfielder to get stuck
innnn...

from a Diehard fan...(not glory hunter)

Good post ......but there were some differences between Fergie's first years at Man U and today

1.There was no such thing as the Champions league back in 1986. There was the European Champions cup....and it was round robin all the way then (not the partial league format it is today). And it was not worth lots of money(not like now when Arsenal beats Betsikas to qualify for the Champions league....and gets 20million pounds as a result).

2.There was no such thing as the Premier league back in 1986. No such thing as TV money.....infact in most parts of the world you did not watch an English game live(unless you lived in the UK). Now, there is the Premier league....worth billions of pounds...and relegation from the league means that you lose access to those billions( especially the TV money). (Whereas, back in 86..get relegated....get a loss of honor...and maybe some cash).

3.The FA cup was prestigious...but not that money making back in 1986. Now....

That is the real reason why Moyes got fired, and why Van Gaal is under so much pressure after just 3 games. (Fergie did not get under similar pressure until 1990....three years into his tenure). English and European footie is full of cash.....and woe betide the coach who loses his club's share of that cash,

3 Likes

Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by dabossman(m): 3:56pm On Aug 30, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: The players are finding it difficult to perform in this new formation.[b]3-5-2 is a formation that emphasizes possession.[/b]The English are used to a more direct style.We dont have players who can execute wat LVG wants...for now.They might get used to it but confidence is fast deserting the team.Today,we didnt play as a unit;players were too far apart.The few moment of brilliance we saw were times wen players had to run...e.g DiMaria's dash down the left flank.
My advice(i know he's not listening grin) to LVG is dat he shouldnt be rigid.I expected a switch to 4-3-3 wen Welbeck and Janujaz were introducted but no alteration was made.
I rest my case... lipsrsealed

LVG has made it clear that he wants to introduce a "football philosophy" into the team. Hence the rigidity. If he abandons the plot early in the script because of a few hiccups, he may lose control of the team. I remember in 96-97 when Phillip Troussier introduced a similar 5-man midfield formation in the Super Eagles, even though we were getting results, the plays complained that they prefered 4-4-2. Troussier was sacked, Bora came in and the rest is history. A terrible World cup.

As you stated in the bolded, possession is key to 3-5-2 and so far the team has had the better possession in all three games. What is left now is translating that possession to goals.

3 Likes

Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by natureblack(m): 4:00pm On Aug 30, 2014
dabossman:

Take it from someone who has been supporting United for more than 20 years. It takes time. I've watched Liverpool fans, Chelsea fans and Arsenal fans watch us cart away the title consistently and I've felt their pain..;okay, that's a lie, I gloated; but we've hit a bad patch since Fergie left. Sh*t happens. Doesn't mean we should become turncoats. Except you are not a true fan.

No be people support Chelsea for 50 years. Some support Man City sef? One season and we are already preaching the Doomsday message.

Chill bruv.
****sobs as I glanced through this comment****

Dabossman please hand me over that handkerchief,things can't be any worse

1 Like

Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by Danhumprey: 4:01pm On Aug 30, 2014
dabossman:

Most Man.United fans lack patience. Smh.
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by Danhumprey: 4:04pm On Aug 30, 2014
Jerrick: F*ck you Van Gaal!
Brother,calm down!grin
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by tompat86(m): 4:04pm On Aug 30, 2014
the rate at which MANCHESTER UNITED is going down,i
knw they will soon discover OIL.
hahahahahahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by Danhumprey: 4:05pm On Aug 30, 2014
Belovedd: Una just dey make noise. If u wanna judge LVG, judge him when he plays with full squad, 12 injuries plus Vidic, evra, giggs and ferdinand all gone? new signings yet to play? abegi make we hear word, when arsenal suffered injuries no be d likes of young whoop them 8-2?
Moyes had full squad, so LVG can only be judged on that basis. Chikena
GBAM!
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by Danhumprey: 4:06pm On Aug 30, 2014
glitest:
Well....All we can do is pray.
Smh.

1 Like

Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by dabossman(m): 4:07pm On Aug 30, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Good post ......but there were some differences between Fergie's first years at Man U and today

1.There was no such thing as the Champions league back in 1986. There was the European Champions cup....and it was round robin all the way then (not the partial league format it is today). And it was not worth lots of money(not like now when Arsenal beats Betsikas to qualify for the Champions league....and gets 20million pounds as a result).

2.There was no such thing as the Premier league back in 1986. No such thing as TV money.....infact in most parts of the world you did not watch an English game live(unless you lived in the UK). Now, there is the Premier league....worth billions of pounds...and relegation from the league means that you lose access to those billions( especially the TV money). (Whereas, back in 86..get relegated....get a loss of honor...and maybe some cash).

That is the real reason why Moyes got fired, and why Van Gaal is under so much pressure after just 3 games. (Fergie did not get under similar pressure until 1990....three years into his tenure). English and European footie is full of cash.....and woe betide the coach who loses his club's share of that cash,

Good analysis. But the fans complaining are not concerned about Champions League revenue or TV rights earning. They want a good feeling and bragging rights.

1 Like

Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by Danhumprey: 4:08pm On Aug 30, 2014
ideycraze: The transfer fee of
£59.7million Manchester
United paid for Angel Di
Maria is around £15million
more than Burnley have
spent on players in their
entire history-BBC
So?undecided

1 Like

Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by okzcorp: 4:09pm On Aug 30, 2014
Some Man utd fans claiming to be Patient and Premier supporters. Y didn't Moyes get similar Patience? Y shud LVG been given more time to impress?

I weep for United. Am not surprised you have no World cup Champz like ARSenal.

1 Like

Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by natureblack(m): 4:09pm On Aug 30, 2014
bushdoc9919:

can't be said any better
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by dabossman(m): 4:15pm On Aug 30, 2014
natureblack: ****sobs as I glanced through this comment****

Dabossman please hand me over that handkerchief,things can't be any worse

It probably will get worse before it gets better. Take heart bro and prepare your mind for tough times. It hurts but we'll get through this; hopefully sooner than later. The team lacks self-belief. They need to get the confidence back.

Here's the handkerchief.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

PSG Vs Arsenal : UCL (1 - 1) On 13th September 2016 / Liverpool Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 21s December 2014 / Tottenham Hotspur Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 14th May 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.