Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,279 members, 7,957,709 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:58 PM

Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 (24861 Views)

UEFA Champions League Group Stage Draw On 28th August 2014 / MK Dons Vs Manchester United: Capital One Cup (4 - 0) On 26th August 2014 / Real Madrid Vs Atletico Madrid : Spanish Super Cup (1 - 1) On 19th August 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by Belovedd: 4:17pm On Aug 30, 2014
okzcorp: Some Man utd fans claiming to be Patient and Premier supporters. Y didn't Moyes get similar Patience? Y shud LVG been given more time to impress?

I weep for United. Am not surprised you have no World cup Champz like ARSenal.
we were patient with Moyes for 10months, and u want to kill LVG after 3 weeks

4 Likes

Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 30, 2014
Massive point for
Man United there in their fight against relegation.

8 Likes

Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by dabossman(m): 4:22pm On Aug 30, 2014
okzcorp: Some Man utd fans claiming to be Patient and Premier supporters. Y didn't Moyes get similar Patience? Y shud LVG been given more time to impress?

I weep for United. Am not surprised you have no World cup Champz like ARSenal.

I think Moyes biggest undoing was that he didn't have a strong CV. You cant compare LVG's CV with Moyes. Already pundits are saying LVG has always had a slow start at most clubs his been at, followed by success. Can the same be said for Moyes.

As a United fan, Moyes was a bad gamble for a club of United's pedigree. I was rooting for Mourinho or even a Hiddink, but Fergie anointed Moyes, so we supported him while it lasted.

4 Likes

Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by Sunshineluv(f): 4:25pm On Aug 30, 2014
poiZon: A die hard fan

tmao, r u a gunner sisi luv?
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by WoodcrestMayor(m): 4:27pm On Aug 30, 2014
I agree with u boss.But there is nothing bad in tweaking formations to unsettle opponents.LVG did it at the world cup.;he switched to 4-3-3 to grind out some results.He shld vary it from time to time...it unsettles opposition
dabossman:

LVG has made it clear that he wants to introduce a "football philosophy" into the team. Hence the rigidity. If he abandons the plot early in the script because of a few hiccups, he may lose control of the team. I remember in 96-97 when Phillip Troussier introduced a similar 5-man midfield formation in the Super Eagles, even though we were getting results, the plays complained that they prefered 4-4-2. Troussier was sacked, Bora came in and the rest is history. A terrible World cup.

As you stated in the bolded, possession is key to 3-5-2 and so far the team has had the better possession in all three games. What is left now is translating that possession to goals.
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 30, 2014
Get genuine 80 million Nigeria GSM Database (Phone numbers) arranged in states and Local Government. @ give away Price of N5,000/state for all your sms campaign & marketing. more info @ www.tripleclicksms.com/index.php/sms-marketing

Tel: 08182428991/08062207346
Email: hilaryiwens@yahoo.com
BB PIN: 22E88D19
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by Nobody: 4:41pm On Aug 30, 2014
dabossman:

I think Moyes biggest undoing was that he didn't have a strong CV. You cant compare LVG's CV with Moyes. Already pundits are saying LVG has always had a slow start at most clubs his been at, followed by success. Can the same be said for Moyes.

As a United fan, Moyes was a bad gamble for a club of United's pedigree. I was rooting for Mourinho or even a Hiddink, but Fergie anointed Moyes, so we supported him while it lasted.

Yes...and that is why Moyes was sacked...while Fergie (cv on joining Utd included a European trophy....with Aberdeen, a relatively unknown Scottish club) was allowed 4 years to win a cup for United.
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by Rotimiseyi(m): 4:45pm On Aug 30, 2014
Man city 0 vs 1 Stoke
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by davida222(m): 4:52pm On Aug 30, 2014
I find it strange all the people
constantly laying into the players.
Did they select themselves? Did
Young hold a gun to SAF and ask
to be signed? Did Valencia kidnap
LVG’s son and demand to play every game. LVG is entirely to blame, he chose the system, he chose the players. It was Moyes’ biggest lesson
according to his recent confession,
he tried to force his methods on
the players and it failed him spectacularly. LVG is doing the
same, the bad thing is, he is trying
to implement an even more complex system than Moyes, I
dont see it working and we may
have a new manager in by the end
of the season. I just hope he is
able to implement his ideas because he has been backed and
new signings made for him. Thats why SAF will remain the best ever, his ability to adapt and change systems based on the players at his disposal. LVG is falling on the same hurdle that Moyes failed, forcing his
philosophy in instead of slowly easing it in.
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by dabossman(m): 4:56pm On Aug 30, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: I agree with u boss.But there is nothing bad in tweaking formations to unsettle opponents.LVG did it at the world cup.;he switched to 4-3-3 to grind out some results.He shld vary it from time to time...it unsettles opposition

Yes sir, I agree. But LVG was coach at Holland for two year. He knew what player to use for what formation. He's only been at United for about two months. He's still experimenting at best.

1 Like

Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 30, 2014
A very Fantastic display from Man Utd. They surprised the favorites and managed to steal a point away.

1 Like

Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by WoodcrestMayor(m): 5:00pm On Aug 30, 2014
I concur smiley
dabossman:

Yes sir, I agree. But LVG was coach at Holland for two year. He knew what player to use for what formation. He's only been at United for about two months. He's still experimenting at best.
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by dabossman(m): 5:01pm On Aug 30, 2014
davida222: I find it strange all the people
constantly laying into the players.
Did they select themselves? Did
Young hold a gun to SAF and ask
to be signed? Did Valencia kidnap
LVG’s son and demand to play every game. LVG is entirely to blame, he chose the system, he chose the players. It was Moyes’ biggest lesson
according to his recent confession,
he tried to force his methods on
the players and it failed him spectacularly. LVG is doing the
same, the bad thing is, he is trying
to implement an even more complex system than Moyes, I
dont see it working and we may
have a new manager in by the end
of the season. I just hope he is
able to implement his ideas because he has been backed and
new signings made for him. Thats why SAF will remain the best ever, his ability to adapt and change systems based on the players at his disposal. LVG is falling on the same hurdle that Moyes failed, forcing his
philosophy in instead of slowly easing it in.

And you think Fergie didn't force his methods on the players before he began to succeed? Do you know how many players Fergie had issues with because they didn't like his philosophy, not to talk of his hair-dryer methods? Fergie didn't adapt to players, players adapted to his methods or they got chucked out.

1 Like

Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by seankay(m): 5:03pm On Aug 30, 2014
yhomz093: Massive point for
Man United there in their fight against relegation.
guy no kill me with laff cheesy grin
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by Bishop4bella(m): 5:17pm On Aug 30, 2014
Odunharry:
Relegation awaits Liverpool......Spurs go sodomise liverpool on sunday
Your go clear when liverpool defeat spur tomorrow. Europa u ar nt there, champions nba. Instead of u to face carling cup very well, it was Afobe won ur team. Man looser
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by Superstar007(m): 5:31pm On Aug 30, 2014
"Those insulting man utd should show respect to the dead"

I noticed that everyone seems to be
writing Manchester United off
already, I believe Van Gaal just
needs is a bit of
time to settle in, next season I think
they'll be Champions once more! My prediction:
1. Man United
2. Cardiff City
3. Sheff Weds
4. Bournemouth
5. Rotherham

2 Likes

Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by Iceman296: 5:37pm On Aug 30, 2014
A bad week for The Manchester teams. Though one didn't lose but 15th on the table.

Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by call4shola(m): 5:39pm On Aug 30, 2014
Superstar007: "Those insulting man utd should show respect to the dead"

needs is a bit of
1. Man United
2. Cardiff City
3. Sheff Weds
4. Bournemouth
5. Rotherham

Guy your on point, I sincerely wish them 19 position this season.
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by dabossman(m): 5:39pm On Aug 30, 2014
Superstar007: "Those insulting man utd should show respect to the dead"

needs is a bit of
1. Man United
2. Cardiff City
3. Sheff Weds
4. Bournemouth
5. Rotherham

Hahahaha..., you nor well o! cheesy We'll disappoint you all. angry
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by Hembelembe: 5:54pm On Aug 30, 2014
They pls sack that van looser
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by caniva(m): 6:28pm On Aug 30, 2014
[url][/url]a
dabossman:

Eto'o also called Mourinho a fool. And the powerbrokers at Real Madrid and the Spanish press would probably agree.

Does that mean they are right?
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by Deeman1(m): 6:30pm On Aug 30, 2014
Burnly held by Man U... l
Burnly should will go for relegation since they cant beat ManU

1 Like

Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by Samix91(m): 8:46pm On Aug 30, 2014
luvola: grin grin grin grin Liverpool shall not make top 4 if and only if it will make Manchester united to relegate.
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by LadyH(f): 9:35pm On Aug 30, 2014
All diz points we r sharing.... Diaris God ooo
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by mailemy(m): 9:44pm On Aug 30, 2014
Uefa champions league groups.
group A: group of death.
1. Man utd
2. Mk dons
3. Burnley
4. Sunderland
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by domido(m): 10:32pm On Aug 30, 2014
Eiyaaa.... I just pity hensben and bodykiss cos dem go jus come here come dey para.
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by 1025: 11:00pm On Aug 30, 2014
ATTEMPT ALL QUESTIONS.Each question carries 10marks.:1) compare and contrast between moyes and van gaal.2) what is the probability that manU won't get relegated this season?.3) if van gaal loses his next 10 matches inall competition what will happen to him?.4) moyes won the fa community shield in his first competitive match, van gaal lost...explain.5) how many records do you think manU will break this season.6) if the distance from 7 to 4 is 3,000km and manU is travelling at an average speed of 5km/h, how long will it take them to reach top4?.7) if MK DONS can give manU 4-0, what isthe probability that Blackpool won't givethem 10-0?.cool if VAN= Very Annoying Nuisance, what is GAAL?.9) if a manU fan dies now what will be thecause?.10) old trafford is known as theatre of dreams, what type of dream do you think van gaal is dreaming for the club?.

2 Likes

Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by MAYOWAAK: 11:15pm On Aug 30, 2014
Just so you know, the transfer fee of £59.7 million United paid for Di Maria is still £15 million more than the entire fees Burnley ever paid to recruit players in their entire history.
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by DaWorshiper(m): 11:32pm On Aug 30, 2014
1025: ATTEMPT ALL QUESTIONS.Each question carries 10marks.:1) compare and contrast between moyes and van gaal.2) what is the probability that manU won't get relegated this season?.3) if van gaal loses his next 10 matches inall competition what will happen to him?.4) moyes won the fa community shield in his first competitive match, van gaal lost...explain.5) how many records do you think manU will break this season.6) if the distance from 7 to 4 is 3,000km and manU is travelling at an average speed of 5km/h, how long will it take them to reach top4?.7) if MK DONS can give manU 4-0, what isthe probability that Blackpool won't givethem 10-0?.cool if VAN= Very Annoying Nuisance, what is GAAL?.9) if a manU fan dies now what will be thecause?.10) old trafford is known as theatre of dreams, what type of dream do you think van gaal is dreaming for the club?.
Questions for the...
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by Deepfreezer(m): 11:52pm On Aug 30, 2014
Falcao is available for £60million Man United should sIgn him hahahahahhaha
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by hensben(m): 11:55pm On Aug 30, 2014
domido: Eiyaaa.... I just pity hensben and bodykiss cos dem go jus come here come dey para.
why u dey pity me, i am not a united fan, i am blues
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by Nobody: 1:40am On Aug 31, 2014
Championship calling. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Tottenham Hotspur Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 14th May 2017 / Liverpool Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 1) On 27th October 2019 / Liverpool Vs Everton (5 - 2) On 4th December 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.