Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Could Someone Please Tell Me What Mr President Is Doing In Germany????? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Could Someone Please Tell Me What Mr President Is Doing In Germany????? (748 Views)

What An APC Fan Was Doing In Akwa Ibom State (Photo) / Fayose Attacks Obasanjo, Says Ex-president Is Nigeria’s Main Enemy / The President Is Coming To Abia State And The Whole Town Is Closed Down!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could Someone Please Tell Me What Mr President Is Doing In Germany????? by KnowAll(m): 11:57am On Aug 25, 2014
Just saw Mr President in Germany wishing our girls best of luck in their football match. What is he doing in Germany when one of his Towns have being ravaged, claimed and caliphated in his absence. They said he was sick hence the unschuleded journey to Germany, but his aides has come out and dispel that rumours. So what is Mr President doing in Germany??

2 Likes

Re: Could Someone Please Tell Me What Mr President Is Doing In Germany????? by KnowAll(m): 12:21pm On Aug 25, 2014
The Presidency on Sunday claimed there was no
truth in media reports that President Goodluck
Jonathan was flown to Germany on Friday for
medical attention.
Special Adviser to the President on Media and
Publicity, Dr. Reuben Abati, said this in a
telephone interview with Punch from Germany,
where the President had been since Friday on a
“private visit.”
Abati had last Thursday issued a "terse"
statement, indicating that Jonathan, with a few
aides, was travelling to Germany on a private
visit and should be expected back this week.
Media reports however had it that the
President had been taken to a German
hospital after he suddenly fallen ill.
According to the reports, an earlier planned
dinner for members of the just-concluded
2014 National Conference on Thursday had
to be cancelled because of the sudden
illness of the President.
But Abati said the reports were “the figments of
the writers’ imagination.” He said the President
had the right to embark on private visits and
that he was not only hale and hearty but also
treating files in his hotel room.
The presidential spokesman said he sent out a
statement, a video and audio on Saturday
showing Jonathan as speaking on the telephone
with members of the national under-20 women’s
football team, the Falconets, asking them to go
all out for victory against their German
counterparts in Sunday’s final of the 2014 FIFA
under-20 Women’s World Cup in Canada.
Abati said, “Before leaving Nigeria, I issued a
statement that the President will be embarking
on a private visit to Germany with a few of his
aides.
“On Saturday, I sent out a statement that the
President spoke with the Falconets on the
telephone. I also sent out the video and audio of
his conversation with the players where he
promised to stay awake and watch the final
match.
“The NTA and some other broadcasting stations
aired the video and audio. There are also
photographs out there showing the President
when he was leaving Nigeria and when he was
arriving Germany. The President is hale and
hearty. In fact, he is treating files in his hotel
room.
“Are these not enough proofs that Mr. President
is not sick as they want Nigerians to believe?"
http://dailytrumpeters..com.es/2014/08/president-jonathan-is-not-sick.html?m=1
punch
Re: Could Someone Please Tell Me What Mr President Is Doing In Germany????? by shakazuldadon: 12:23pm On Aug 25, 2014
KnowAll: Just saw Mr President in Germany wishing our girls best of luck in their football match. What is he doing in Germany when of his Towns have being ravaged, claimed and caliphated in his absence. They said he was sick hence the unschuleded journey to Germany, but his aides has come out and dispel that rumours. So what is Mr President doing in Germany??

ban ging your sis TA..

And Her fRIendS...
Re: Could Someone Please Tell Me What Mr President Is Doing In Germany????? by scribble: 12:42pm On Aug 25, 2014
Minding his business

Have u eaten today?
Re: Could Someone Please Tell Me What Mr President Is Doing In Germany????? by Ikengawo: 1:35pm On Aug 25, 2014
Should GEJ take a gun and personally reclaim the 'towns'. go away.
Re: Could Someone Please Tell Me What Mr President Is Doing In Germany????? by Adminisher: 1:57pm On Aug 25, 2014
Free vacation paid for by Julius Berger.

Just saw Mr President in Germany wishing our girls best of luck in their football match. What is he doing in Germany when of his Towns have being ravaged, claimed and caliphated in his absence. They said he was sick hence the unschuleded journey to Germany, but his aides has come out and dispel that rumours. So what is Mr President doing in Germany?? [/quote]
Re: Could Someone Please Tell Me What Mr President Is Doing In Germany????? by vicadex07(m): 2:11pm On Aug 25, 2014
GEJ's administration is filled with Chronic liars. Nigerians are paying dearly with their lives cos one of the lies perpetuated by the information minister Labaran maku back in April that we have stockpiles of vaccines and drugs for ebola. Sawyers wife disclosed that the reason her husband came here was because he was certain we had the cure

They're are ashamed to own up that GEJ went to Germany for medical check up because of the messy state of affairs in the health sector. So its understandable why they will try all means available for them to deny that fact
Re: Could Someone Please Tell Me What Mr President Is Doing In Germany????? by lilprinze: 2:59pm On Aug 25, 2014
he is on vacation he went to rest and enjoy him self even Obama is on vacation body no be wood grin
Re: Could Someone Please Tell Me What Mr President Is Doing In Germany????? by PointB: 3:05pm On Aug 25, 2014
@op,

The Nigeria president job does not begin and end with fighting Boko Haram. There are equally other important matter of state to be pursued. A president must be able to multitask!

There are capable Field Commanders in charge of the war effort. Engaging boko haram is both a tactical matter and strategic challenge. The tactical issues are handled on the field, while strategic matters are handled of-the battle ground.

The president, with his retinue of advisers is best suited for the strategic matter. A short trip to Germany has very little implication on tactical matters!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Shocking:- Baby Born With Ears Undes His Head / News Flash: Please Read And Share Facts About The New National eID Card / PDP Desperate To Win In 2015, Says Aregbesola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.