Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,085 members, 7,821,747 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Boy Dies After Participating In The Facebook Fire Challenge - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Boy Dies After Participating In The Facebook Fire Challenge (782 Views)

Woman Births Triplets In Lagos, Dies After (Photos) / Man Dies After Dancing Gangnam Style / BREAKING NEWS: Week-old Baby Boy Dies 'after Being Attacked By Family's Jack Rus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boy Dies After Participating In The Facebook Fire Challenge by Afriface: 7:39am On Aug 26, 2014
A 15-year-old boy has died after participating in a game that is circulating on the popular social network FaceBook. James Shores was burned to death after his entire body was engulfed in flames.

The #FireChallenge involves covering your body with an accelerant and setting yourself on fire. One’s friends will then video the act and share it on the internet. The imbecilic act is supposed to elicit laughter as onlookers and internet viewers watch the reaction from the party who is on fire.

Shores doused himself with alcohol and was set ablaze by his friends. Those who participate in this “game,” usually do so inside of the shower in case the fire spreads. In Shores case, he was not near the shower or any other water source. His friends battled unsuccessfully to put the fire out, and he later died from his injuries.

Police are warning participators about the dangers of this act and have urged the public to stop sharing the videos.

Police Commissioner James Daniels spoke with News-Two saying, “We are deeply saddened by this tragedy and offer our condolences to the family. It is paramount that the public stop sharing these videos. The people who participate in this so-called “game” do so for the notoriety and short-lived fame they receive on the internet. Taking away this fame could deter others from making the same mistake.”
FaceBook is doing their part by deleting all #FireChallege videos off of their website.

http://www.tundeola.com/2014/08/boy-dies-after-participating-in.html

Re: Boy Dies After Participating In The Facebook Fire Challenge by siobahn: 8:46am On Aug 26, 2014
Stupidity of the highest level
Re: Boy Dies After Participating In The Facebook Fire Challenge by mystiqueDZ(f): 11:30am On Aug 26, 2014
The trend to be popular....it's slowly killing people...STUPID BOY!!!!
Re: Boy Dies After Participating In The Facebook Fire Challenge by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 26, 2014
stupid boi na hell you dey go
Re: Boy Dies After Participating In The Facebook Fire Challenge by Haywhymido(m): 3:14pm On Aug 26, 2014
Ehya,my sympathy is with d family 4 giving birth to such a fool
Re: Boy Dies After Participating In The Facebook Fire Challenge by golddeejay(m): 3:30pm On Aug 26, 2014
prettythicksme: stupid boi na hell you dey go
though it is not funny...i cant help but smile. The mumu don get a taste of hell on earth.sometyms stupidity kills faster than ebola
Re: Boy Dies After Participating In The Facebook Fire Challenge by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 26, 2014
golddeejay: though it is not funny...i cant help but smile. The mumu don get a taste of hell on earth.sometyms stupidity kills faster than ebola
anyway let wish to rest in peace

(1) (Reply)

"Should I Obey My Biological Mother Who Abandoned Me After Birth? Or..." / Children Are Not 'gifts' From God! (part 1) / A Woman Who Kept Her Husband's Corpse For Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.