Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,402 members, 7,822,843 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Deputy Governor Of Enugu Impeached - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deputy Governor Of Enugu Impeached (15922 Views)

Obiano Visits Failing Portion Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway (Photos) / Pictures Of The Reconstruction Of Enugu-Port Harcourt Express Today / FG Begins Second Section Of Enugu-p’harcourt Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deputy Governor Of Enugu Impeached by Soji123(m): 11:53am On Aug 26, 2014
I read it now on NTA as a breaking news, that the deputy governor of enugu have been impeached.

The Enugu State House of Assembly has removed the state’s Deputy Governor, Sunday Onyebuchi, from office.

The Assembly voted Tuesday morning to sack Mr. Onyebuchi from office.

Details of the impeachment session is still sketchy but the deputy governor’s removal is believed to have been masterminded by Governor Sullivan Chime.

The Assembly accused Mr. Onyebuchi of operating a commercial poultry at his official residence and of disobeying Governor Chime, charges that, under the law, do not qualify as impeachment offences.

The impeached deputy governor had told the impeachment panel set up by the state’s chief judge that Mr. Chime also operated a piggery at the Government House.

Giving evidence before the panel last Wednesday, Mr. Onyebuchi said the governor’s poultry was hurriedly evacuated shortly after the panel commenced sitting.

Mr. Onyebuchi revealed that the state government had budgeted for the maintenance of the poultry since 2011.

The embattled deputy governor, who tendered the state’s budget between 2011 and 2014, said funds had always been provided for the poultry he operated.

He insisted that he did not commit any offence that should have warranted his impeachment and that the poultry farms he and the governor operated were there before they assumed office in 2007.

Details later…

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/167305-breaking-enugu-chicken-impeachment-assembly-impeaches-deputy-governor.html
Re: Deputy Governor Of Enugu Impeached by Ayotricks(m): 12:10pm On Aug 26, 2014
ok
Re: Deputy Governor Of Enugu Impeached by emiye(m): 12:15pm On Aug 26, 2014
Poor fellow undecided , so he lost the political war finally.

1 Like

Re: Deputy Governor Of Enugu Impeached by meforyou1(m): 12:20pm On Aug 26, 2014
nigerian politics na waah. when has operating a poultry farm become a crime anywhere? while the same chime operates a piggery. shows the man is a decent man. they couldnt pin missing funds on him and resorted to poultry. clowns. reminds me how sen anyim removed mrs gwadabe as the chairman senate commitee on FCT because "she could not control the traffic at apo legislative quarters". when has a senator become a traffic warden or road safety?

19 Likes

Re: Deputy Governor Of Enugu Impeached by Allohrandy(m): 12:27pm On Aug 26, 2014
its all about 2015. seems like the governor don't want his deputy to replace him

7 Likes

Re: Deputy Governor Of Enugu Impeached by paulo220(m): 12:31pm On Aug 26, 2014
Finally,d Dg has fallen (impeached). It unfortunate for such thing to happen in Enugu in south east zone.

1 Like

Re: Deputy Governor Of Enugu Impeached by bcomputer101: 12:32pm On Aug 26, 2014
have said it several times...

GEJ is too desperate

8 Likes

Re: Deputy Governor Of Enugu Impeached by Cheks01(f): 12:33pm On Aug 26, 2014
I don't see why he should be impeached. Politics....

10 Likes

Re: Deputy Governor Of Enugu Impeached by NWANICHODE: 12:33pm On Aug 26, 2014
He should have resigned to retain his respect!

1 Like

Re: Deputy Governor Of Enugu Impeached by Ttalk: 12:34pm On Aug 26, 2014
What is happening to these legislators, when Ebola and Boko haram is threatening our existence, these people still have time for impeachment, they better watch their back before it is too late

1 Like

Re: Deputy Governor Of Enugu Impeached by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 26, 2014
Sullivan will regret doing this.

17 Likes

Re: Deputy Governor Of Enugu Impeached by lirusehn(m): 12:36pm On Aug 26, 2014
Congratulations
Re: Deputy Governor Of Enugu Impeached by debetmx(m): 12:49pm On Aug 26, 2014
I want to use this avenue to congratulate Gov. Sullivan Chime.

1 Like

Re: Deputy Governor Of Enugu Impeached by honey001(m): 1:21pm On Aug 26, 2014
Impeached for running a Poultry in govt. House?

20 Likes

Re: Deputy Governor Of Enugu Impeached by cosmatika(m): 1:25pm On Aug 26, 2014
Hmmmm open eye no good oh, na so person
take chop
snake 2day
the woman ask me if i need shot or long meat,
i think say
long mean big meat......na after i chop finish
the woman
say my money na 500 hmmm i get to ask "how
manage"
# WOMAN: snake meat hard to get this time
oh.
My people Na vomitin i dey since oh

16 Likes

Re: Deputy Governor Of Enugu Impeached by seunmsg(m): 1:36pm On Aug 26, 2014
This must be the biggest joke of our democracy, impeaching a deputy governor for operating a poultry. What then happens to governors that have stolen billions of Naira? Billions of naira was spend without national assembly appropriation to subsidise kerosene last year and nobody was removed for that constitutional violation, now, we are removing deputy governor for operating a poultry. Chai!!! I give up on Nigeria's feeding bottle democracy.

24 Likes

Re: Deputy Governor Of Enugu Impeached by Archildao: 1:59pm On Aug 26, 2014
Chicken Politics

4 Likes

Re: Deputy Governor Of Enugu Impeached by 9jahubcom(m): 2:00pm On Aug 26, 2014
eya....i will cal him to confirm
Re: Deputy Governor Of Enugu Impeached by 4reigningqueen: 2:07pm On Aug 26, 2014
OMG!!! ITS A LIE!!! ARE U SERIOUS!!! JESUS, I CANT BELEIVE THIS!!!

BUT

WHO IS HE?
Re: Deputy Governor Of Enugu Impeached by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 26, 2014
Pls come and join APC...they shall reclaim that State next year.
Okorocha pls embrace this proposal and commence work immediately...we can not afford to lose that 'Poultry House' :Seat of Power in Enugu.
I smell Jona's hand in this................................................................... grin

6 Likes

Re: Deputy Governor Of Enugu Impeached by Beesluv: 2:08pm On Aug 26, 2014
Eeya

1 Like

Re: Deputy Governor Of Enugu Impeached by skyrocketters: 2:09pm On Aug 26, 2014
Juliet Ibraheem Gushes About Her Hips

Renowned and graciously curved Ghanaian actress "Juliet Ibraheem" is well known for style of dressing which at every point in time as always provoked her curves to wow anyone who cares to take a second look. She took to her IG page to acknowledge their immeasurable works on her personality over the years and at such caption the above image with (Hip don't lie).

see more pictures of her daring hips below
www..com

1 Like

Re: Deputy Governor Of Enugu Impeached by eaglechild: 2:09pm On Aug 26, 2014
This aspect of Sullivan's governance is what irks me.

I guess no one is perfect but isn't this petty. sad

2 Likes

Re: Deputy Governor Of Enugu Impeached by skyrocketters: 2:09pm On Aug 26, 2014
Japan To Provide Nigeria With Ebola Drugs

Fresh hope appears in the horizon for Ebola patients as Japan on Monday expressed its readiness to provide its anti-influenza drug as treatment for the deadly virus.
Japan’s Chief Cabinet Secretary, Yoshihide Suga, made the offer hours after a group of scientist in the United Kingdom said it had discovered that the largest outbreak of the Ebola Virus Disease was caused by an infected fruit bat that bit a toddler.
Briefing journalists in Tokyo on Monday, Suga said Japan was ready to offer the drug, Favipiravir, which was developed by Toyama Chemical, a subsidiary of Fujifilm, any time the World Health Organisation requested it.
Approved by the Japanese health ministry in March, Favipiravir is a tablet developed for the treatment of novel and re-emerging influenza viruses.
Suga, according to the Agence France Presse, said Japan was waiting for WHO’s decision on further details over the use of untested drugs.

Continue to read more below
www..com

1 Like

Re: Deputy Governor Of Enugu Impeached by gbaskiboy: 2:09pm On Aug 26, 2014
Impeachment and Resign top political stories these days.
Re: Deputy Governor Of Enugu Impeached by oluseyiforjesus(m): 2:10pm On Aug 26, 2014
Jst like that?
Re: Deputy Governor Of Enugu Impeached by Bazinga(m): 2:11pm On Aug 26, 2014
rearing poultry is not an impeachable offence. POULTRY? oh pls try another lie.

**nigerian politicians feeding nigerians with lies since judas betrayed Jesus.**

2 Likes

Re: Deputy Governor Of Enugu Impeached by JUHABACH: 2:11pm On Aug 26, 2014
good riddance. he was a perfect example of how NOT to be a deputy.
Re: Deputy Governor Of Enugu Impeached by Belmot(m): 2:11pm On Aug 26, 2014
Rofo Rofo politics
Re: Deputy Governor Of Enugu Impeached by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 26, 2014
bcomputer101: have said it several times...

GEJ is too desperate
Wetin concern Jonathan for inside this one?

3 Likes

Re: Deputy Governor Of Enugu Impeached by dannyfillz(m): 2:12pm On Aug 26, 2014
Confused people undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan / Proposed Strike: FG, Labour Parley Ends On Inconclusive Note / ₦4.2 Trillion Debt Service: Economy Is In Real Crisis, FG Admits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.