Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,187 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

The Plight Of Children Raised In Public Yards - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Plight Of Children Raised In Public Yards (701 Views)

10 Things You Can Relate With If You Were Raised By Nigerian Parents / 9 Children Raised by Animals. / Children Raised In Nigeria Are Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Plight Of Children Raised In Public Yards by DEGREE2466(m): 3:45pm On Aug 26, 2014
It is obvious there is a big gap between a child raised in a public yard and the one raised in a self contained apartment. several reasons could be adduced for this.

1. Children who live in a public yard mostly live in a one or two rooms apartment with their parents and therefore witness the love making between their parents

2. Victims of Rape: They are the most abused and molested children because of the public use of things in the compound:

3. Pugnacious: They tend to develop an aggressive attitude due to the frequent fight that exist in their place of residence.

4. Lack of Respect: They don't have respect for elders. Due to the quarrels that exist among people living in a public yard, parents tend to give their children wrong advice on who to greet and who not to greet in the yard and this in turn affects their relationship with people outside.

5. Dirtiness This may not be always true but it is one of the characteristics of children who live in a public yard. Because they make use of things in common, they tend not to care much about how to keep things clean to the best of their ability example is the public toilet.

6. Early exposure to indecency: They are exposed to indecency at earlier age. This comes as a result of children entering into the rooms of their neighbours whom they share common interest with and as a result they got exposed earlier to indecency movies o

7. Vulnerable to Diseases: Children who are raised in a public yard are exposed to contagious diseases. This comes as a result of using the same facilities, having an unavoidable contact with their inmates or not keeping the environment clean.

8. Lack of Conducive atmosphere: Due to the noises that emanate from their yards, they are less likely to have the atmosphere to study their books rather they tend to play away their time
Re: The Plight Of Children Raised In Public Yards by lirusehn(m): 3:47pm On Aug 26, 2014
Holy Geeeeezz!!

Am a child of sitting room cool

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of Children Raised In Public Yards by DEGREE2466(m): 4:01pm On Aug 26, 2014
lirusehn:
Holy Geeeeezz!!

Am a child of sitting room cool

i did not get you
Re: The Plight Of Children Raised In Public Yards by Lilimax(f): 4:03pm On Aug 26, 2014
To me, there is no difference between a Public yard and your Self-contained apartment. smiley
Afterall, there are some block of flats that are similar to Barracks embarassed
Re: The Plight Of Children Raised In Public Yards by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 26, 2014
^^^ lilmax you're wrong. Av experienced the 2 sides of the coin. Op was spot on but that does not mean those raised in comfortable environs don't have their own challenges

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of Children Raised In Public Yards by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 26, 2014
Lilimax: To me, there is no difference between a Public yard and your Self-contained apartment. smiley
Afterall, there are some block of flats that are similar to Barracks embarassed

Nah, lots of Difference!
A public yard is what I call a den of thieves, where even the incorruptible becomes. Vulnerable.
Re: The Plight Of Children Raised In Public Yards by SAMBARRY: 4:34pm On Aug 26, 2014
Op you are referring to face me I slap you kind of houses.well there's a whole lot of difference between the two however public yards are not environments to raise wholistic children. They usually turn sociopaths, aggressive, have personality issues and generally don't know how to comport themselves without being overbearing except for a few

(1) (Reply)

Your Father Or Your Husband/boyfriend / Tips On Managing Money In A Marriage / Annoying Things Guests Say On Your Wedding Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.