Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,035 members, 7,953,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:57 AM

Mobile Phone Sends 15-year-old To Untimely Grave - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mobile Phone Sends 15-year-old To Untimely Grave (1521 Views)

‘Treat Jonathan With Care; Falae, Anenih Too Old To Be Jailed’ – Sagay To Buhari / Another 15-year Child In Kaduna Kidnapped And Forced Conversion To Islam / Buhari Sends Delegation To Abuja Bomb Blast Scenes (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mobile Phone Sends 15-year-old To Untimely Grave by unuane1(m): 6:18pm On Aug 26, 2014
… He was using his phone while
charging the device, mum says
Tears are still flowing in Okesa area of
Ado-Ekiti, as the people continue to mourn
the death of a 15-year-old boy, Junior
Abia, in Okesa area of the Ekiti State
capital. Junior was the second born of the
Abias. His parents are popularly known as
Papa and Mama Chibuzor Daily Sun learnt
that tragedy struck in the home of the
Abias on Friday, August 8, at about 2pm.
On that day, Junior suddenly shouted for
help, jolting his elder brother, Chibuzor, into
action. Junior had an electric shock while
listening to music on his mobile phone
through the earpiece, as the handset was
plugged into the wall socket, charging.After
raising the alarm, Junior’s elder brother
was said to have looked for a long stick
with which he could remove the earpiece
from Junior’s ears. It was gathered that
when he could not have the earpiece
removed, Chibuzor also raised the alarm
and that alerted other people, who
promptly swung into action to rescue
Junior.The mobile phone was eventually
removed from the power socket and Junior
was rushed to a nearby hospital in the
area, in a frantic effort to save his life.
Unfortunately, the boy passed on just
before the rescue team stepped into the
hospital.
Narrating the ugly incident to the reporter
at their two-room apartment in the area,
Mama Chibuzor, who could not control her
emotions, said: “Junior had assisted me in
cooking some rice for sale in my stand at
Okesa market before I left home. But it
was hardly two hours after I left that
someone came running to me that Junior
had been electrocuted. I immediately
rushed to the scene and met people
making frantic efforts to rescue him.
“We eventually removed the earpiece from
his ears, unplugged the handset from the
power socket and rushed him to the
hospital. But he died just as we were about
stepping into the hospital.
“I was told that Junior plucked the handset,
which he also connected to the earpiece,
into the power socket so as to charge the
phone. He was also using the earpiece
connected to the phone to listen to some
music on the phone.
“Some people said he slept off while
listening to the music on the phone and
charging the phone at the same time. They
said it was while doing that he suddenly
shouted for help, and when people rushed
to him, he was already gasping for air.”
Mama Chibuzor further said his son would
have lived had he got help on time. She
said: “If there had been elderly people
around, apart from his elder brother who
wasn’t clever enough to devise a better
means of saving Junior, my son might
have survived the electrocution.”
She said she couldn’t say if Junior had
been in the habit of listening to music on
the cell phone while charging it. “I only
know that he was an obedient boy who
didn’t get into trouble with anyone. He was
also very dutiful; he never got tired of
running errands in the house at anytime.
Only God understands why this happened
to him,” she lamented.
Junior was buried three days after his
death. According to his mum, all his
clothes, pictures, shoes and other things
that could bring back some emotional
memories had been removed by the family.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=78807
Re: Mobile Phone Sends 15-year-old To Untimely Grave by Tapout(m): 6:43pm On Aug 26, 2014
CRAP!!!!!......i hope ur not using that link 2 deceive yourself??......... undecided undecided...secondly, does the phone not have a name?? ....

1 Like

Re: Mobile Phone Sends 15-year-old To Untimely Grave by Dubby6(m): 6:46pm On Aug 26, 2014
I dont understand....
Nollywood again?
Re: Mobile Phone Sends 15-year-old To Untimely Grave by Tallesty1(m): 7:05pm On Aug 26, 2014
The wires of ear-piece of phones are coated.

The wire ended on the speaker and the speaker has 0 contact with the ears.

You are a liar.
Re: Mobile Phone Sends 15-year-old To Untimely Grave by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 26, 2014
Tallesty1: The wires of ear-piece of phones are coated.

You are a liar.

If for any reason, the DC circuit of the charge was comprised and live AC current enters the phone, the entire phone will go live with the current.
any little exposure to that current can kill!
Re: Mobile Phone Sends 15-year-old To Untimely Grave by unuane1(m): 7:19pm On Aug 26, 2014
Tapout: CRAP!!!!!......i hope ur not using that link 2 deceive yourself??......... undecided undecided...secondly, does the phone not have a name?? ....
Why are Nigerians so lazy and foolish ? Why not open the link and check before commenting this crap here. You think I will take up my phone and waste my time to post this. There is a reason people post with link so please verify first before pouring out rubbish. Please be civilized OK.
Re: Mobile Phone Sends 15-year-old To Untimely Grave by Tapout(m): 7:26pm On Aug 26, 2014
unuane1: Why are Nigerians so lazy and foolish ? Whcementing this crap here.

You think I will wake up and waste my time to post this. There is a reason people post with link so please verify first before pouring our rubbish. Please be civilized OK.

sorry if i offended u bro.........but its possible@ bold sentence
Re: Mobile Phone Sends 15-year-old To Untimely Grave by unuane1(m): 7:33pm On Aug 26, 2014
Tapout:

sorry if i offended u bro.........but its possible@ bold sentence
Are you even getting what am saying? please verify first by checking the link so as to know the source of the story. Am not an editor with sun news . l only posted what I saw there so stop ur childish act and be mature for once, and if u have a problem with the article why not go to the link where the original story is and complain there.
Re: Mobile Phone Sends 15-year-old To Untimely Grave by bigass(f): 7:41pm On Aug 26, 2014
blame it on APC
Re: Mobile Phone Sends 15-year-old To Untimely Grave by Tapout(m): 7:46pm On Aug 26, 2014
[quote author=unuane1] Are you even getting what am saying? please verify first by checking the link so as to know the source of the story. Am not an editor with sun news . l only posted what I saw there so stop ur childish act and be mature for once, and if u have a problem with the article why not go to the link where the original story is and complain there

.alright, i get ur point.....my apologies smiley
Re: Mobile Phone Sends 15-year-old To Untimely Grave by oduastates: 8:29pm On Aug 26, 2014
Tallesty1: The wires of ear-piece of phones are coated.

You are a liar.
You will surprised by what is capable of killing a human being.
Like someone said, the fact that you are hearing something out of your earphone means that conduction is happening .
Electrical energy is being converted to sound.
That electrical energy has to be conducted to where it is converted to sound energy.
If there is failure in any of the processes,DC can travel right through the phone to the earphone and make a mess of the brain circuit.

1 Like

Re: Mobile Phone Sends 15-year-old To Untimely Grave by fr3do(m): 9:12pm On Aug 26, 2014
Maybe the house is not well earthed.
Too bad.
Re: Mobile Phone Sends 15-year-old To Untimely Grave by etenyong(m): 9:41pm On Aug 26, 2014
This is one of d reasons i cant used chinko fone. May God take his soul.
Re: Mobile Phone Sends 15-year-old To Untimely Grave by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 26, 2014
Eleyin gidi gan

This is strong.

1 Like

Re: Mobile Phone Sends 15-year-old To Untimely Grave by Tallesty1(m): 10:14pm On Aug 26, 2014
oduastates:
Like someone said, the fact that you are hearing something out of your earphone means is conduction .
That electrical energy has to be conducted to where it is converted .
If there is failure in any of the processes,DC can travel right through the phone to the earphone and make a mess of the brain circuit.
ok... Thanks for xplaining.
Re: Mobile Phone Sends 15-year-old To Untimely Grave by Nobody: 11:59pm On Aug 26, 2014
LIES!! That thin wire in earbuds can't carry enough Current to stun a RAT not to talk of a BOY, the cable'll burn instead,, maybe it was chinko sha
Re: Mobile Phone Sends 15-year-old To Untimely Grave by okotv(m): 12:12am On Aug 27, 2014
it can happen but only with third party accessories...that is chinko products..
Re: Mobile Phone Sends 15-year-old To Untimely Grave by Nonybb: 12:18am On Aug 27, 2014
This is scientifically doubtful. I am not saying that the whole story is a falsehood but how can AC port that converts to DC port change to cause electrocution? How can 250 volts that was converted a mere 5 volts fatally cause the demise of that poor child?

1 Like

Re: Mobile Phone Sends 15-year-old To Untimely Grave by Nobody: 12:20am On Aug 27, 2014
Nonybb: This is scientifically doubtful. I am not saying that the whole story is a falsehood but how can AC port that converts to DC port change to cause electrocution? How can 250 volts that was converted a mere 5 volts fatally cause the demise of that poor child?

I DON'T UNDERSTAND O, CAN THAT EVEN STUN AN ADULT COCKROACH?
Re: Mobile Phone Sends 15-year-old To Untimely Grave by nigerianvenom(m): 12:25am On Aug 27, 2014
noblezone:

If for any reason, the DC circuit of the charge was comprised and live AC current enters the phone, the entire phone will go live with the current.

not true,and how many amount of voltage do u feel can crosses the dc circuit of a mobile fone?
abeg na lie.except the guy had sumtin to do with live wire,but even at then,at wat voltage rate should he be electricuted?i guess there is more to this.why did they hurriedly buried the boy?
Re: Mobile Phone Sends 15-year-old To Untimely Grave by nigerianvenom(m): 12:29am On Aug 27, 2014
oduastates:
Like someone said, the fact that you are hearing something out of your earphone means that conduction is happening .
That electrical energy has to be conducted to where it is converted to sound energy.

u are now talking about wave as a signal,this is not magnetism.what amount do u think passes across a dc charge through a battery?
haba!una worry ooo .there is something they are not telling us bros
Re: Mobile Phone Sends 15-year-old To Untimely Grave by nigerianvenom(m): 12:29am On Aug 27, 2014
oduastates:
Re: Mobile Phone Sends 15-year-old To Untimely Grave by nigerianvenom(m): 12:33am On Aug 27, 2014
Nonybb: This is scientifically doubtful. I am not saying that the whole story is a falsehood but how can AC port that converts to DC port change to cause electrocution? How can 250 volts that was converted a mere 5 volts fatally cause the demise of that poor child?

may God blesa u.thats exactly what i am telling them on my post.people dont even reason.we are talking about dc voltage here which at most will be 12v dat cant even shake an ant.
if any excess voltage tries to pass across to the fone,d charger will be the victim and not the fone.there is no where this can occur

2 Likes

Re: Mobile Phone Sends 15-year-old To Untimely Grave by nigerianvenom(m): 12:37am On Aug 27, 2014
malikmoreni:

I DON'T UNDERSTAND O, CAN THAT EVEN STUN AN ADULT COCKROACH?

yes,u can touch it without feeling anything.moreover if excess voltage tries to cross d charger,the charger will automatically burnt and no component on a mobile set dat can be able to transmit upto 12v across the system(fone),so they re not telling us exactly wat killed d boy
Re: Mobile Phone Sends 15-year-old To Untimely Grave by Nobody: 12:54am On Aug 27, 2014
nigerianvenom:

yes,u can touch it without feeling anything.moreover if excess voltage tries to cross d charger,the charger will automatically burnt and no component on a mobile set dat can be able to transmit upto 12v across the system(fone),so they re not telling us exactly wat killed d boy

OSHE JARE smiley

1 Like

Re: Mobile Phone Sends 15-year-old To Untimely Grave by SLIDEwaxie(m): 2:05am On Aug 27, 2014
noblezone:

with insulators
Hehehehehe!!!! Wonders shall never end o!

And see bros, how does a 4.5V battery even kill u?

1 Like

Re: Mobile Phone Sends 15-year-old To Untimely Grave by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 27, 2014
SLIDEwaxie: with insulators
Hehehehehe!!!! Wonders shall never end o!

And see bros, how does a 4.5V battery even kill u?

Help me tell the guy o, | so if i plug a USB otg cable with my tablet via the USB PORT then to a usb mouse and there is a power surge, i'll get fried abi, here's why i wouldn't be affected, |

1. Mostly a high powersurge would me more than the 220/230V so my Tab's power adapter would die first, without the current even getting to the tab.

2. even if it did a usb port port supplies FIVE VOLTS max anything double/triple would fry the usb port. not to even talk of a headphone killing a boy via the 3.55mm headphone jack, that doesn't even supply any reasonable amount of current. even the tiny wire in it would be fried,

What do you think FUSES are made of,? those tiny wires, they cant carry any current more than 230V

SO they aren't really telling us what killed the boy, who knows it might be PLANNED MURDER

A headphone is a silly excuse
Re: Mobile Phone Sends 15-year-old To Untimely Grave by Iluvberem: 11:40am On Aug 27, 2014
To God who made me as an engineering graduate with years of experience if this story is not false make I suspend For air.

A. There is no technical way a 220 V can pass through that tiny cable (its technically and scientifically impossible)

B. In every DC appliances there will always be resistor and capacitors So if each receives more than it can take it will blow and current cannot pass again through it.

C. This story get K-leg abi the guy put a 20mm diameter cable in his ears

BTW

220V hardly kills people nowadays.

Story for the gods

Believe this and you owe your parents huge cash for wasting their money sending you to school.
Re: Mobile Phone Sends 15-year-old To Untimely Grave by Iluvberem: 11:42am On Aug 27, 2014
malikmoreni:

Help me tell the guy o, | so if i plug a USB otg cable with my tablet via the USB PORT then to a usb mouse and there is a power surge, i'll get fried abi, here's why i wouldn't be affected, |

1. Mostly a high powersurge would me more than the 220/230V so my Tab's power adapter would die first, without the current even getting to the tab.

2. even if it did a usb port port supplies FIVE VOLTS max anything double/triple would fry the usb port. not to even talk of a headphone killing a boy via the 3.55mm headphone jack, that doesn't even supply any reasonable amount of current. even the tiny wire in it would be fried,

What do you think FUSES are made of,? those tiny wires, they cant carry any current more than 230V

SO they aren't really telling us what killed the boy, who knows it might be PLANNED MURDER

A headphone is a silly excuse

And that's a real guy talking

1 Like

Re: Mobile Phone Sends 15-year-old To Untimely Grave by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 27, 2014
I hope its not Tecno Phone o!

RIP to the boy.
Re: Mobile Phone Sends 15-year-old To Untimely Grave by Iluvberem: 12:14pm On Aug 27, 2014
berem: I hope its not Tecno Phone o!

RIP to the boy.

wink

(1) (Reply)

Bike Snatcher Bunt In Akwanga (picx) / What Texas Can Learn Frm Nigeria Wen It Comes 2 Containing Ebola-washington Post / Things To Know About Akin Ambode; The Next Governor Of Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.