Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,487 members, 7,958,479 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:17 PM

A President Like None - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A President Like None (602 Views)

Never Shall We Have A President Like Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Again In Nigeria / 11 Private Jet Is Not Enough For A President Like Me -JONATHAN (@naijapolitica) / O God, Don't Make Me A President Like Goodluck Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A President Like None by latino2swt(m): 7:37pm On Aug 26, 2014
I know that as you begin to read this article, one of the question that will run through your mind is; Who is this President? This is the same question I am asking myself right now as I compile this article. What characteristics have you seen in him that will make him a "President like none" or "the most admired in the continent". A president is a leader, he must not neccessarily be a politician. How can his leadership influence the life of his followers, the people he leads. A president is one who takes tactful decisions when needs arise and during crisis.
I have taken out enough time to go through the history of past presidents, but so far, he is better of.
None of his predecessors have been faced with the level of crises like he is faced now.
Who do u think fits in?

What do you think are the qualities of a good president? Rationality depends on individual, hence,
there is bound to be different point of views about who a good president is.
From studies and researches, this man has gone through a lot in life as a youth and even as a President. His achievements as a president are enormous.
Lets have a rundown of some histories:
1.He studied Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE) at Brasenose College, Oxford, gaining a first-class honours degree in 1988. He was described by his tutor, Professor Vernon Bogdanor, as "one of the ablest" students he has ever taught, with "moderate and sensible Conservative" political views. While at Oxford he was a member of the Bullingdon Club. He then joined the Conservative Research Department and became Special Adviser to Norman Lamont, and then to Michael Howard. He was Director of Corporate Affairs at Carlton Communications for seven years.
2.He spent most of the early years of his childhood in Honolulu, where his mother completed college after his parents divorced. He started a close relationship with his maternal grandparents. His mother remarried in 1965. Two years later, she took him with her to Indonesia to reunite him with his stepfather. In 1971, he returned to Hawaii to be raised by his grandparents and attend Punahou School. He later educated at Occidental College, Columbia University, and Harvard Law School, and worked at various times as a community organizer, professor (Lecturer and Senior Lecturer) of constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School, and authored a book before beginning his political career.
3.He holds a degree. He holds M.Sc. degree, and a PhD degree from great universities. Before he entered politics in 1998, he worked as an education inspector, lecturer, and environmental-protection officer. Prior to his role as President, he served as Governor and as Vice-President. He is a member of the leading and famous political party in the country.
More histories underway.... Are you good in history? Can you figure this out?

Who does this cap fits?

Re: A President Like None by Dreal1247: 8:07pm On Aug 26, 2014
Oga Gej
Re: A President Like None by Dreal1247: 8:11pm On Aug 26, 2014
This guy's name is really following him. Just joined politics in 1998 In 2011, he became the president.
Re: A President Like None by Gbawe: 8:19pm On Aug 26, 2014
@OP.

Is this elaborate rigmarole in aid of declaring an 'agbalumo' a Pineapple?
Re: A President Like None by latino2swt(m): 8:56pm On Aug 26, 2014
Dreal1247: This guy's name is really following him. Just joined politics in 1998 In 2011, he became the president.

is he d one?
Re: A President Like None by latino2swt(m): 8:57pm On Aug 26, 2014
Gbawe: @OP.

Is this elaborate rigmarole in aid of declaring an 'agbalumo' a Pineapple?

wateva...

(1) (Reply)

Between Terror And Faith By Femi Fani Kayode / Boko Haram: Nigerian Negotiator Debunks Stephen Davis Claims / To Seun & Mukina, Look Into This And Correct Please.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.