Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,713 members, 7,809,704 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

Gaza Fought For Freedom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gaza Fought For Freedom (1136 Views)

IPOB : Kanu Not Begging For Freedom. Thisday. / Black Igbo Month:remembering The White Mercenaries Who Fought For Biafra(pics) / "We Fought For Oil Not Nigeria Unity" Benjamine Adekule PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gaza Fought For Freedom by blinkmoneyo(m): 12:27am On Aug 27, 2014
Thousands of Palestinians are celebrating in Gaza after
Israel and Palestinian groups agreed an open-ended
ceasefire to end seven weeks of fighting in Gaza.
The Palestinian president, Mahmoud Abbas, said on
Tuesday from the occupied West Bank that a formula had
been accepted by all parties and that a ceasefire had gone
into effect at 1600 GMT.
He hailed the agreement as a chance to "build a new
nation and end the occupation", before thanking Egypt,
Qatar and the US for their roles in brokering the agreement
made during indirect talks in Cairo.
The Reuters and AP news agencies quoted Israeli officials
as saying that the Israeli government had accepted the
deal. Israeli media reported the same.
Hamas's exiled deputy leader, Moussa Abu Marzouk, said
the agreement was a "victory for the resistance".
Crowds took to the bombed-out streets of Gaza to
celebrate the end of hostilities. Many used the v-sign to
signify Palestinian victory over Israel.
Al Jazeera's Andrew Simmons, reporting from Gaza, said
that the deal agreed an immediate easing of Israel's
blockade of crossings into Gaza, and a gradual lifting of
restrictions on fishing off the coast of the strip.
"The embargo will be lifted and the five border posts will
see considerable changes, with the Rafah border crossing
opening," he said in reference to the crossing between
Egypt and Gaza.
Discussions on the creation of a seaport and airport will
take place in a month, when indirect talks betwen Israel
and Palestinians are scheduled to resume.
Ofir Gendelman, the Israeli prime minister's spokesman for
the Arab world, said operations in Gaza were a victory for
Israel. "Hamas gave in and accepted the same Egyptian
proposal for a ceasefire it rejected until now. The reason
for the change... air strikes," he said.
Israeli government spokesman Mark Regev told Al Jazeera
that the bloodshed could have been "avoided" if Hamas
had accepted the July 15 ceasefire agreement .
Several senior Hamas and Islamic Jihad leaders made rare
public appearances after the truce took hold.
Senior Islamic Jihad official Mohammed al-Hindi gave a
victory speech to thousands gathered in a square in the
Rimal area of Gaza City.
"We're going to build our port and our airport, and if they
attack the port, they attack the port. But anyone who
attacks the airport will have their airport attacked again,"
Zahar said.
Raids end
Israeli air raids continued in the run up to the ceasefire on
Tuesday, as jets attacked two Gaza City high-rise
buildings, collapsing one and severely damaging the
other.
One attack levelled the 15-storey Basha tower and
severely damaged a 13-storey building known as the
Italian complex, which was home to 70 families and
dozens of shops and offices.
Palestinian health officials said 20 people were wounded
in the Italian complex attack.
In Israel, one civilian was killed and two others seriously
wounded by a mortar round fired from Gaza hit a kibbutz
in the Eshkol regional council area.
A total of 2,142 people, most of them civilians including
more than 490 children, have been killed in Gaza since
war broke out on July 8. A total of 69 people have been
killed on the Israeli side, nearly all of them soldiers.
Re: Gaza Fought For Freedom by Nobody: 12:37am On Aug 27, 2014
So sad looking at the death toll but happy its all over afterall..
Re: Gaza Fought For Freedom by Oklander: 12:56am On Aug 27, 2014
Although they were mercilessly killed and there homes destroyed, they fought for freedom and against oppression!

1 Like

Re: Gaza Fought For Freedom by Dreal1247: 2:22am On Aug 27, 2014
I pray that this peace agreement should last long.
Re: Gaza Fought For Freedom by ogb5(m): 4:45am On Aug 27, 2014
Who is actually the terrorist in this case?
Two sides fought, one side killed 69 people, mostly soldiers, the other side killed 2,142 people mostly civilians, destroyed residential houses and civilian infrastructure.

Who exactly is a terrorist in this case.
I believe Israel is the terrorist here. If you think otherwise, let's have your reasons.

2 Likes

Re: Gaza Fought For Freedom by guass(m): 5:17am On Aug 27, 2014
ogb5: Who is actually the terrorist in this case?
Two sides fought, one side killed 69 people, mostly soldiers, the other side killed 2,142 people mostly civilians, destroyed residential houses and civilian infrastructure.

I believe Israel is the terrorist here. If you think otherwise, let's have your reasons.
Ur view is myopic.
If gangsters from ur community kidnap and slaughter three children from a neighbouring community which leads to an all out war and at last ur community is defeated with more casualties, would u blame the neighbouring community?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gaza Fought For Freedom by Akpaife(m): 5:19am On Aug 27, 2014
ogb5: Who is actually the terrorist in this case?

Hamas na them be d real terrorist nt israel hamas wey fire thousands of rocket everyday their aim na 2 wipe israel bt israel pass them
My friend ds is war nt child play destroy anytin u see kill anybody dat stand on ur way if israel fight palsentinias d way them fire rocket no human being will be alive in Gaza ds little one will teach them lesson next time them will never tin of how 2 fire rocket
It will take them 30yrs 2 recover war is nt good aviod it my brother

3 Likes

Re: Gaza Fought For Freedom by guass(m): 5:21am On Aug 27, 2014
guass:
Ur view is myopic.
If gangsters from ur community kidnap and slaughter three children from a neighbouring community which leads to an all out war and at last ur community is defeated with more casualties, would u blame the neighbouring community?
Israel is not Nigeria where gangsters (BH) can have a field day.
Israel should have wiped more than 50,000 HAMAS members.
That figure of casualties is too small to be frank.

3 Likes

Re: Gaza Fought For Freedom by anag0900: 5:27am On Aug 27, 2014
guass:
Ur view is myopic.

all these mainstream media brainwashed android never cease to amaze one. recent evidence has shown that the teenagers are long dead before the Israeli allegations. the main reason for the war is to thwart the new peace and cooperation agreement between al-fattah movement and hamas. you need to be detoxified by Gideon Levy articles on the haartz.
Re: Gaza Fought For Freedom by Nobody: 5:53am On Aug 27, 2014
Hamas leaders are just fools who keep wasting lives in Gaza

3 Likes

Re: Gaza Fought For Freedom by Nctrice(m): 9:14am On Aug 27, 2014
the rebuilding of a Nation filled with terrorists and an Angry Generation filled with first hand hate for the Israeli.... Surly a "Big Brother" kind of eye would be on them!
Re: Gaza Fought For Freedom by cheruv: 10:06am On Aug 27, 2014
guass:
Ur view is myopic.
you say he's myopic.. but I'd say he's stup1d
HAMAS kidnaps and kills 3 teens,knowing fully well that Israel follows the policy of disproportionate response. at the end 2000+ are gone in your case with less than 100 on the other side.
I'd say their victory was Pyrrhic in nature kos if Israel was given free rein in Azzah,I don't think there would be Palestinians still remaining for a victory parade
Re: Gaza Fought For Freedom by anag0900: 10:12am On Aug 27, 2014
cheruv:
HAMAS kidnaps and kills 3 teens,knowing fully well that Israel follows the policy of disproportionate response. at the end 2000+ are gone in your case with less than 100 on the other side.
I'd say their victory was Pyrrhic in nature kos if Israel was given free rein in Azzah,I don't think there would be Palestinians still remaining for a victory parade

rubbish!!! work on your bad grammar!!! international politics, history and mid east affairs are too complex issues for brainless simpletons like you.
Re: Gaza Fought For Freedom by cheruv: 5:45pm On Aug 27, 2014
anag0900:

rubbish!!! work on your bad grammar!!! international politics, history and mid east affairs are too complex issues for brainless simpletons like you.
cry cry cry cry cry
am sorry Sir that your case has deteriorated to this extent...imagine anago the "celebrity" behaving like a tout
anyway since you're versed in mideast affairs, I'd like you to help me out with these problems
1]who was the pharaoh that let the Hebrews go and what year did he do that?
2]at Qarqar,king Achav and 11 other levantine kings fought an indecisive battle there against a foreign king.who was this king and in what year was that?
3]what's the difference between the Sassanid and safavid dynasties and what nations did they rule?
4]which Israeli general defeated the Egyptians at the battle of Abu ageila and in what year?
5]which manoeuvre knocked Egypt outta the Kippur war and which general performed it?
6]what's shuttle diplomacy and who pioneered it?
7]what are the colors of the Arab flag and which caliphates did they represent?
Re: Gaza Fought For Freedom by ogb5(m): 4:44am On Aug 30, 2014
cheruv:

you are very stupid not to realise that disproportionate response is against the norm of civilised living.
A few years back a nigerian tried to blow up a US civilian airline, how will you feel if the US responds disproportionately and shoots down a Nigerian civilian airline over the incident. Fools like you are blinded by religion and can not reason objectively when the issue involve Israel.

Obviously you brain cells have been killed by either excessive western propaganda or bible induced hypozia.

You need to salvage your brain. Hamas never denies killing Israelis when it does. In the case of the 3 Israelis, hamas denied involvement in their death from the beginning. How did you conclude with your dead brain that they were killed by hamas, necessitating the killing of almost 2000 palestinian civilians and destruction of civilian infrastructure.

you really need to wean yourself from western propaganga and religion induced coma.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gaza Fought For Freedom by dazangel11(f): 4:57am On Aug 30, 2014
Hamas celebrating? Are they insane?
Re: Gaza Fought For Freedom by ZKOSOSO(m): 5:31am On Aug 30, 2014
dazangel11: Hamas celebrating? Are they insane?
They are very Insane. What they -Gazans term victory is always laughable. The same truce that should have saved some hundreds fews weeks ago is what they celebrating as victory over the Israelis.
Anyway their own beta pass we own of boko haram Jihad for Naija!
Re: Gaza Fought For Freedom by dazangel11(f): 6:21am On Aug 30, 2014
ZKOSOSO:
They are very Insane. What they -Gazans term victory is always laughable. The same truce that should have saved some hundreds fews weeks ago is what they celebrating as victory over the Israelis.
Anyway their own beta pass we own of boko haram Jihad for Naija!

You can say that again. Imagine celebrating 2000 death against 60 and that's not including the facilities and infrastructure that were destroyed by daily bombardment from IDF. Thaose guys should be ashamed
Re: Gaza Fought For Freedom by cheruv: 9:14pm On Aug 30, 2014
ogb5:

you are very stupid not to realise that disproportionate response is against the norm of civilised living.
A few years back a nigerian tried to blow up a US civilian airline, how will you feel if the US responds disproportionately and shoots down a Nigerian civilian airline over the incident. Fools like you are blinded by religion and can not reason objectively when the issue involve Israel.

Obviously you brain cells have been killed by either excessive western propaganda or bible induced hypozia.

You need to salvage your brain. Hamas never denies killing Israelis when it does. In the case of the 3 Israelis, hamas denied involvement in their death from the beginning. How did you conclude with your dead brain that they were killed by hamas, necessitating the killing of almost 2000 palestinian civilians and destruction of civilian infrastructure.

you really need to wean yourself from western propaganga and religion induced coma.
too bad mine are dead..
but they're better than yours which ve been buried cheesy
you're stale...that's why you never heard when mishaal admitted that hamas members did the deed.
am also beginning to think you're dumb and stup1d kos when you look for someone's trouble, the person reserves the right to act in whatever way,whether proportional or not... the world being ancient or modern won't change this fact
Re: Gaza Fought For Freedom by lilprinze: 12:08am On Aug 31, 2014
Palestinians should be ashamed of themselves after losing over 2000 people they are celebrating Isreal's victory was about 96.55% while the Palestinians victory was about 3.12% smh if that is how wars are won I would rather be on the losing side than the winning side .

1 Like

Re: Gaza Fought For Freedom by ogb5(m): 1:32am On Aug 31, 2014
cheruv:
too bad mine are dead..
but they're better than yours which ve been buried cheesy
you're stale...that's why you never heard when mishaal admitted that hamas members did the deed.
am also beginning to think you're dumb and stup1d kos when you look for someone's trouble, the person reserves the right to act in whatever way,whether proportional or not... the world being ancient or modern won't change this fact

Who is looking for whose trouble in the middle east. You talk about things with you conscious smeared with denial. Israel had annexed majority of the land allocated to the Palestinians in 1948 when the state of Israel was created. Majority of Palestinians live in refugee camps , Gaza is blockaded by Israel and Egypt for donkey years now.

Just a few years blockade of Biafra lead to the death of millions of Ibos, you think the Palestinians are enjoying the blockade?

As long as the world is playing the ostrich with the issue of the Palestinians there will always be conflict in the middle east.

2000 Palestinians civilians were killed in their homes and all fools like you can say is that it is ok, as if Palestinians are subhumans.
Re: Gaza Fought For Freedom by cheruv: 7:47am On Aug 31, 2014
ogb5:

Who is looking for whose trouble in the middle east. You talk about things with you conscious smeared with denial. Israel had annexed majority of the land allocated to the Palestinians in 1948 when the state of Israel was created. Majority of Palestinians live in refugee camps , Gaza is blockaded by Israel and Egypt for donkey years now.

Just a few years blockade of Biafra lead to the death of millions of Ibos, you think the Palestinians are enjoying the blockade?

As long as the world is playing the ostrich with the issue of the Palestinians there will always be conflict in the middle east.

2000 Palestinians civilians were killed in their homes and all fools like you can say is that it is ok, as if Palestinians are subhumans.
bringing in Biafra into this discourse was shameful of you...too bad a 'genius' like you can't see the difference between Biafra and the modern day Philistines.
blockades are used for variety of different reasons and that of Nigeria and Israel are different.
your saying that Israel is the troublemaker in the near East shows how much of a Green head you're..and since I didn't come to NL to tutor you,I advice you go and study. these same nonsense you're spouting was the same for anago till I asked him some tasking Qs and since then no one has seen him on this thread.
frater...study without bias
Re: Gaza Fought For Freedom by blinkmoneyo(m): 11:53am On Aug 31, 2014
cheruv:
bringing in Biafra into this discourse was shameful of you...too bad a 'genius' like you can't see the difference between Biafra and the modern day Philistines.
blockades are used for variety of different reasons and that of Nigeria and Israel are different.
your saying that Israel is the troublemaker in the near East shows how much of a Green head you're..and since I didn't come to NL to tutor you,I advice you go and study. these same nonsense you're spouting was the same for anago till I asked him some tasking Qs and since then no one has seen him on this thread.
religious sentiment! someone stops u from leaving your house,buying stuffs into your house,selling stuffs from your house. and all u will do is smile and say yes master?
Re: Gaza Fought For Freedom by ogb5(m): 7:30pm On Sep 01, 2014
cheruv:

I get your logic, the blockade on biafra was bad because the Ibos are humans and it was bad to institute a blockade that will cause the death of humans. The blockade of the palestinians is ok because the palestinians are subhumans. They can be blockaded till death, their house can be bombed and their civilians killed, no problem. Afterall Israel is God's chosen people, nothing Israel does can be imperfect. Everything about Israel's conduct is just perfect. Forget the multitude of UN resolutions against Israel that Israel disregards with the help of the US.

You have very correct reasoning. Ride on in your religion induced coma.

You said you asked some other poster some questions and the guy did not reply you. You are happy over it, it did not occur to you that the guy saw your case as hopeless hence he decided to ignore you. People like you still believe that the world ws created a few thousand years ago because your religion says so. Wise up, dont pass your folly down your lineage..

Bring on your tasking questions, I will also give tasking questions on several topics you can never answer correctly in your lifetime

1 Like

Re: Gaza Fought For Freedom by cheruv: 12:19am On Sep 02, 2014
ogb5:

I get your logic, the blockade on biafra was bad because the Ibos are humans and it was bad to institute a blockade that will cause the death of humans. The blockade the palestinians is ok because the palestinians are subhumans. They can be blockaded till death, their house can be bombed and their civilians killed, no problem. Afterall Israel is God's chosen people, nothing Israel does can be imperfect. Everything about Israel's conduct is just perfect. Forget the multitude of UN resolutions against Israel that Israel disregards with the help of the US.

You have very correct reasoning. Ride on in your religion induced coma.

You said you asked some other poster some questions and the guy did not reply you. You are happy over it, it did not occur to you that the guy saw your case as hopeless hence he decided to ignore you. People like you still believe that the world ws created a few thousand years ago because your religion says so. Wise up, dont pass your folly down your lineage..

Bring on your tasking questions, I will also give tasking questions on several topics you can never answer correctly in your lifetime
sentiment kills...
its good you wanna ask me Qs based on this crisis and I'd be happy to give you a hard reset!!
he fled kos he didn't know it and not that shit you're spouting... and antisemitism can be blinding at times you know undecided
religion and science support each other and learning one in mutual exclusion to the other is a great folly peeps like you are guilty of.nature is like the ying and yang..balancing out each other.
my Qs are hard cheesy I know it grin ...but you can burst my bubble by making it look like a piece of cake cool and while you're at it,lemme graciously leave you this masterful piece from Golda Meir
"we can forgive the Arabs for killing our children but we can't forgive them for forcing us to kill their children.we can only have peace with the Arabs when they love their children more than they hate us"..גולדה מאיר
Re: Gaza Fought For Freedom by ogb5(m): 7:00am On Sep 03, 2014
cheruv:

sentiment kills...
its good you wanna ask me Qs based on this crisis and I'd be happy to give you a hard reset!!
he fled kos he didn't know it and not that shit you're spouting... and antisemitism can be blinding at times you know undecided
religion and science support each other and learning one in mutual exclusion to the other is a great folly peeps like you are guilty of.nature is like the ying and yang..balancing out each other.
my Qs are hard cheesy I know it grin ...but you can burst my bubble by making it look like a piece of cake cool and while you're at it,lemme graciously leave you this masterful piece from Golda Meir
"we can forgive the Arabs for killing our children but we can't forgive them for forcing us to kill their children.we can only have peace with the Arabs when they love their children more than they hate us"..גולדה מאיר

antisemitism ?

That is a word coined by Israeli fanatics and their lapdogs when they want to run away from answering probing questions. Calling a Nigerian Christian antisemitic is a low for you and shows how hollow you are.

I know your type, you belong to the group of stupid Nigerians who degrade Nigeria by moving around the streets of Nigeria brandishing Israeli flags.

How many Israelis have you seen brandishing Nigeria flag on the streets of Jerusalem. You are lost. Go to Israel and see the way they discriminate against blacks, yet you come stupidly to a Nigeria forum to lick the ass of those who don't care whether you live or die.

You are a disgrace to Nigeria and no need replying you again. You are a lost case. Keep dancing with Israeli flags on the streets of Nigeria. Maybe one day Israel will recognise that they have a lapdog in nigeria and invite you over to be a fetcher of wood and hauler of water.

1 Like

Re: Gaza Fought For Freedom by cheruv: 8:40am On Sep 03, 2014
ogb5:

antisemitism ?

That is a word coined by Israeli fanatics and their lapdogs when they want to run away from answering probing questions. Calling a Nigerian Christian antisemitic is a low for you and shows how hollow you are.

I know your type, you belong to the group of stupid Nigerians who degrade Nigeria by moving around the streets of Nigeria brandishing Israeli flags.

How many Israelis have you seen brandishing Nigeria flag on the streets of Jerusalem. You are lost. Go to Israel and see the way they discriminate against blacks, yet you come stupidly to a Nigeria forum to lick the ass of those who don't care whether you live or die.

You are a disgrace to Nigeria and no need replying you again. You are a lost case. Keep dancing with Israeli flags on the streets of Nigeria. Maybe one day Israel will recognise that they have a lapdog in nigeria and invite you over to be a fetcher of wood and hauler of water.
you're the biggest phool I've seen
I called you antisemitic kos that's what you're... and typical of your types you leave substance for shadow.
I don't even have the Zionist flag...yet you call me a lapdog frankly you're worse than Arabs who call for sanctions against Israel and death to Jews worldwide when 90% of what they use in medicine, science and other disciplines has been produced/discovered by Jews.
lemme tell you something... its better for me to be associated with a nation/race that serves as a light to the nations than be giANT of Afrika that can't even defend itself talkless of afrika as a whole tongue
frater...like I said before, go and study without bias smiley

(1) (Reply)

Buhari And The Northern Elites / Ameachi Exposed!! / Breaking News!!why Okorocha Chickened Out Of APC Presidential Candidate Race.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.