Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,460 members, 7,958,384 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:37 PM

Health Advice: Doctors Online - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health Advice: Doctors Online (67337 Views)

Consult Nigerian Doctors Online / Health Advice; Doctors Pleeeeaaassse! / Health Is Wealth: Health Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by tunde1200(m): 5:43pm On Oct 19, 2014
Thanks a lot!

I really appreciate your advice!.
Marc9:
Well, your body response to cold environment is likely responsible for that shiver you experince whenever you travel to cold regions.

Perhaps, the ascorbic acid level in you is kind of low, and immune response to curtail cold virus is weak

But like I said earlier, keep away from drinking(alcohol) and smoking. There are better liquid to drink, such as energy drink, soymilk, fruit juice, tea, and coffee(decaff).

Take fruits and vegetables to help increase vitamin 'C, E, and K' level in your body.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 19, 2014
GENIUS18:

Thanks doc, Clomid was also mentioned by the doctor, but was trying to be careful of the possible outcome of several follicles production.
Pls how can we even ascertain she is ovulating on her own, even though the menstrual cycle is normal.? Note the Estradiol is also low.
One of the signs is cervical mucus. If she observes a clear and stretchy discharge on the day of ovulation, that's an indication that she's actually ovulating.
Other pinpoints include:

-Elevated body temperature

-Sex*ual urge.

Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 19, 2014
snaija:
Hello Docs, I appreciate your many candid advice in this forum. I wonder if you can help with the following infertility issue I am seeking to resolve. I have been trying to conceive with my wife for about 6 yrs now we have tried IUI and ICSI unsuccessfully. About 12 years ago I had a STD which I treated with complete dose of doxycline. A while later I noticed I have this feeling of crawling insect / worm over my body . It happens most time after I release and I notice after releasing inside my wife or kissing her she also start having such symptom eg her fingers moves, thighs jerks and eyelids blinks involuntarily . Various culture test and infection screening has come out negative but I feel I have an underlying infection. My wife usually gets over these symptoms after her cycle. Do you have any experience with this type of case? The Drs I have complained to may prescribe antibiotics despite the no culture growth but this has not helped they will later think it is a psychological case. I doubt this because ive noticed if I share a straw with a partner the same symptoms starts after about 12 hrs also. I am suspecting this symptom is causing early miscarriage in my dw. Why because when we really do time intercourse to be in her ovulation her cycle gets to about 35 days instead of the usual 25 days. Any useful help will be appreciated.
I must confess, this is a case docs don't come across regularly. I mean, if microscopy and culture found nothing in samples taken from you, then I don't get why you feel something is wrong.

The first bolded phrase, my take on that is that you're having sensation. It could be true sensation or false sensation. This I'll attribute to nerve disorder.

The second bolded phrase, I mean, your wife's eyelid is meant to blink involuntarily since it's being controlled by the medulla oblongata. Her fingers are also meant to move, not stay still. Then her thighs, well, don't you think a lady that opens and raises her legs high for quite awhile during s*x would experince jerking? It's not easy raising your legs high without having tremor.

Then the 3rd bolded phrase, now that's incredible! I mean, 12hrs for incubation and manifestation? When it's not resident evil's T-Virus!

Mr snaija, you don't have an active infection since series of culture didn't find anything. And your wife also requires check-up, and possibly treatment. You two were meant to run the series of tests and treatment together, since you're sex*ual partners.

Also, the reason why she's been having spontaneous abortion could be underlying in her. The more reason why she needs to consult a Gyn for investigation.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 20, 2014
omankem:
Pls doc wat can stil cause milk to cme out of d bosom after treating high procatin. My prolactin level has gone dwn frm 26 to 18.6 but stil wen I press my nipple d milk stil cmes out. Can ds be d cause of my bin able to conceive. Being ttc 4 close 2 3yrs nw. Ur kind response wil be appreciated.
The whitish bre*st discharge is a condition called 'galactorrhoea'. It happens when there's dysregulation in prolactin, estrogen, and progesterone secretions.

You're still having the discharge because you prolactin level is still high. The normal range is 1-20ng/ml, and ur prolactin dropped from 26 to 18.6ng/ml, which is high enough to cause the discharge to still flow.

You'll need to continue with the medication that helped reduce the prolactin. Your prolactin level still needs to drop further, and other hormones balanced.

Your question about the cause of your difficulty in TTC. Well, hyperprolactinaemia is one of the factors that can hinder TTC. There are other factors as well, but I won't explain those for now.

1 Like

Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 12:06am On Oct 21, 2014
K
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 4:46am On Oct 21, 2014
leocolin:
Gudday Doctor!....my body and hand always shake, its just like a reflex action since i cant control it, it hinders doing any job or chores that involves my hand. A phamacist said i shld take Emcephabol Tab after i explain my ordeal to him, Should i go ahead? Though i suspect it might be tremor, if it is is there any drug to correct it? Thx.
Your condition is an essential tremor. It's a nerve or neurological disorder. It is quite common in mid-age(from 45 up).

The encephabol might help improve brain functions, but I don't think it's indicated in the treatment of ET

See a doctor in person, he'll Rx the right drugs, then you can take the Rx order to the pharmacist to dispense it to you. That's how it should be.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 7:38am On Oct 21, 2014
Marc9:
Your condition is an essential tremor. It's a nerve or neurological disorder. It is quite common in mid-age(from 45 up).

The encephabol might help improve brain functions, but I don't think it's indicated in the treatment of ET

See a doctor in person, he'll Rx the right drugs, then you can take the Rx order to the pharmacist to dispense it to you. That's how it should be.

thanks for finding time to reply, but i'm just 21, and it recently happened early this year.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 21, 2014
leocolin:
thanks for finding time to reply, but i'm just 21, and it recently happened early this year.
ET can happen at any age, just that it's common in mid-age.

Let me ask, have you been under mental stress before you started experincing the tremor? Do you have sleepless night, like having insomnia? Do you smoke, and drink?
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 21, 2014
Marc9:
ET can happen at any age, just that it's common in mid-age.

Let me ask, have you been under mental stress before you started experincing the tremor? Do you have sleepless night, like having insomnia? Do you smoke, and drink?
i'm not under any mental stress, neither do i smoke or drink. It just happen on its own and its so severe when i'm a bit apprehensive.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 21, 2014
leocolin:
i'm not under any mental stress, neither do i smoke or drink. It just happen on its own and its so severe when i'm a bit apprehensive.
Okay!

Well, you should see a doctor in person. He'll place you on the right medication.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 21, 2014
Marc9:
Okay!

Well, you should see a doctor in person. He'll place you on the right medication.
okay sir!
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 6:13am On Oct 22, 2014
For all TTC ladies, 'two lines' is going to be your portion in Jesus mighty name!

2 Likes

Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Kasykel(f): 9:15am On Oct 22, 2014
Thank you for ur assistance. Had the ultrasound yesterday and it showed empty cavity, endometral plate is hjperechoic
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 22, 2014
Kasykel:
Thank you for ur assistance. Had the ultrasound yesterday and it showed empty cavity, endometrial plate is hyperechoic
That shows u have no remnant product in your uterus.

Please, study the chart below and use to it understand your safe and unsafe periods, so you don't make the same mistake twice.

Stay healthy!

1 Like

Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Baaby: 12:26pm On Oct 22, 2014
Dear Doc, God must surely meet ur needs for the immense / selfless help ur rendering to this board.

Pls doc, will like u to help analyse my hormonal results.

Day 3
LH 10.1 - 5-30miu/ml

FSH 11.2 - 5-25miu/ml

Prolactin 4.65 - 1.2-19.5ng/ml

Day 21
Progesterone 19.7 - 0.1-25ng/ml

E2 400.7 - 30-350pg/ml

Pls what is the effect of the high estrogen in TTC woman and how to bring it to normal. Presently am on Evening prime rose.

Thank & God Bless.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Joodaaa(m): 1:06pm On Oct 22, 2014
We not only bring the best quality of Modern Medical Technologies to your doorsteps,we also offer the best Equipment Servicing&After Sales Services.Our Customer Service is unique &SMART.For your LABORATORY,DENTAL,RENAL,FERTILTY,EEG,ECG,IVD,OPHTHALMOLOGY, ICU, X-RAY &ULTRASOUND Equipment,ANELPAT MEDICAL COMPANY LIMITED remains your best bet.Call Jooda 08138107982, 07038107257&visit www.anelpatgroup.com to know more.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 22, 2014
Baaby:
Dear Doc, God must surely meet ur needs for the immense / selfless help ur rendering to this board.

Pls doc, will like u to help analyse my hormonal results.

Day 3
LH 10.1 - 5-30miu/ml

FSH 11.2 - 5-25miu/ml

Prolactin 4.65 - 1.2-19.5ng/ml

Day 21
Progesterone 19.7 - 0.1-25ng/ml

E2 400.7 - 30-350pg/ml

Pls what is the effect of the high estrogen in TTC woman and how to bring it to normal. Presently am on Evening prime rose.

Thank & God Bless.

I'll say your hormone profile is quite balance, except for an increase in E2(estradiol).

Although, hyperestrogenemia can reduce the chances of TTC, it doesn't necessarily play a major factor in unsuccessful TTC, so long your menstruation flows normally.

It takes the man and the woman to achieve TTC. An abnormality in either one or both partners can frustruate TTC. From your profile, so I see nothing significantly wrong with you, so the attention should shift towards your partner.

Has he been checked? Was seminal analysis done? What was on the report?
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Baaby: 2:46pm On Oct 22, 2014
Marc9:

I'll say your hormone profile is quite balance, except for an increase in E2(estradiol).

Although, hyperestrogenemia can reduce the chances of TTC, it doesn't necessarily play a major factor in unsuccessful TTC, so long your menstruation flows normally.

It takes the man and the woman to achieve TTC. An abnormality in either one or both partners can frustruate TTC. From your profile, so I see nothing significantly wrong with you, so the attention should shift towards your partner.

Has he been checked? Was seminal analysis done? What was on the report?

Yes he was diagnose of low testosterone and low count, though his presently on treatment,
We have 3 baby girls age 11, 9 and 6yrs old, jus praying for a male child. Pls doc am thinking of going
for HSG jus to rule out any problems frm my end even though my doc advised against it. pls advise me.

Ur blessed.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 5:14pm On Oct 22, 2014
Baaby:

Yes he was diagnose of low testosterone and low count, though his presently on treatment,
We have 3 baby girls age 11, 9 and 6yrs old, jus praying for a male child. Pls doc am thinking of going
for HSG jus to rule out any problems frm my end even though my doc advised against it. pls advise me.

Ur blessed.
C'mon! U're already a multiparous lady! There's nothing wrong with you. The fact you gave birth to three wonderful girls is enough indication that your hormones are balance.

If I'll have to guess, I'll say your husband is above 40. Men's virility begins to diminish as they clock 40. Sperm count reduces and sperm quality diminishes.

So relax your mind, you don't need to run HSG. There's nothing wrong with you not being able to get pregnant again or bear a male child. The sex of a baby is determined by the male.

If you're so keen on having a male child, you can seek help from fertility expert in person!

But seriously, your girl child would achieve everything a boy child would, if only she's raised like a boy child!

2 Likes

Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by TCF1980(m): 5:29pm On Oct 22, 2014
@Marc9.

Please, do you know of any good female gynae in Lagos you can recommend?
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 22, 2014
TCF1980:
@Marc9.

Please, do you know of any good female gynae in Lagos you can recommend?
That should be off thread recommendation.

PM me or add me on BBM
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 23, 2014
evankelly123:
hello doc, have gone for the HSG and it reads: CONTROL FILM-Within normal range.CONTRAST FILM-the outlined uterine canal cavity appeared normal.however both fallopian tubes were outlined&demonstrated and showed evidence of peritoned spill of the medium..CONCLusion: Patent bilateral tubes.Did also hormonal test and it reads: FSH 120.0m.iu/ml, LH 17.0m.iu/ml, Prolactin 28.0ng/ml, Progesterone 7.5ng/ml,TSH 0.5uu/ml.Comment: Slightly elevated prolactin with low-normal TSH titre.guess i have high prolactin,dats why its hard to conceive.have to read about it wen i got the test.have been trying for 9months.plz,need ur reply.thnx

marc9:

FSH: (ref:5-20miu/ml),..are u sure the result reads 120(abnormally high)? Not 12 or 20?

LH: (ref:5-40miu/ml),...urs is 17(normal)

prolactin: (ref:1-20ng/ml),...urs is 28(very high)

progesteronesad2-25ng/ml)...urs is 7.5(normal)

Estradiol: (ref: early follicular=30-100, luteal=60-150)

From the profile, your prolactin, as well as ur FSH(if it's actually 120m.iu/ml) is very high. It explains why TTC has been difficult.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 23, 2014
beautychoco:
pls Doc, i got married this year April but I've not conceive, I've gone to the hospital for various test and scan and doctor gave me some drugs which i've been using, last month, my period started @ 21 and it suppose to start at about 17/18 this month. I've been feeling pain in my nipples as usual since last week and sometimes pain on my lower abdomen but yesterday, i discovered that my pant has been soaked thinkin it was menstration but when i checked my pant, it was fluid(something of yellowish colour). Pls, what do you think is happening?

First of all, it's too early raising the alarm on TTC. I mean, it's not up to a year of marriage, and you're getting worried for not conceiving in a spate of 6months.

You should continue TTC for at least a year before getting worried!

Concerning the yellowish vag*nal discharge, well, normal discharge can either be whitish in appearance, or yellowish when dried. But in your case, since your menstruation is delayed, coupled with the abdominal pain you're experincing, it's an indication of vaginitis(vag*nal infection).

You may want to see a Gyn for help. Or you go run HVS m/c/s(urinalysis) to know what the infection is.

Also, your partner requires testing and treatment as well, because the infection is sex*ally transmitted.

NB: does the discharge have an offensive smell?
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 10:03pm On Oct 23, 2014
Lordavmercy:
Hi doctors/gynaes pls I need som explanation on dis: I've started d full fertility treatment after 2yrs5months of TTC. My gynae placed me on clomid 50mg frm cd 2-6 and transvaginal follicular tracking frm cd 10,12,14,16. I had PCOS frm d recent hormonal-profile. result. Pls is there anything to do wit dis thyroid result?(t3-2.0, t4-97.1 and TSH-7.01) because my gynae says its normal but am nt satisfied wit dt. 2ndly, pls can I use other supplement/vitamins(maca supplement,vitaminE,zinc) with or after clomid?
3rdly,hope clomid will nt cause any damage to my fallopian tubes(lik tubal pregnnancy and oda side effects)?
Lastly,why gynaes/docs. doesn't prescribe supplement and vitamins e.g fertile aid,pregnacare conceptn etc dan those chemical drugs/injections while some pharmacists does? Expecting ur favourable ans. Thanks

1st question: Your TSH level is nothing to worry about.

2nd question: Yes, u can combine clomiphen with any vitamin. Vitamin E, C, or zinc supplement.

3rd question: The adverse/side effects of clomiphen has nothing to do with with predisposing you to endometriosis, or salpingitis. But Prolonged use could result in multiple ovulation, or hyperestrogenaemia.

4th question: Your gynae was trying to induce ovulation. And to do that, he has to place you on prescriptive hormonal pills and probably IV estrogen. Well, some pharmacists might not readily have clomiphen in store. Since they want to sell, they may cajole you to buy multivitamin and other vitality supplements.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by kpofkpof: 10:50pm On Oct 23, 2014
I recently had an open abdominal myomectomy where over 10 Fibroids were removed. The surgery was done about a month ago.

I have been experience brownish discharge and then some slight bleeding up till now

When exactly is my cycle supposed to return because I've been TTC for a while.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 11:56pm On Oct 23, 2014
kpofkpof:
I recently had an open abdominal myomectomy where over 10 Fibroids were removed. The surgery was done about a month ago.

I have been experiencing brownish discharge and then some slight bleeding up till now

When exactly is my cycle supposed to return because I've been TTC for a while.
Thank God for a successful surgery.

The brownish discharge and the bleeding are likely indicating that your menstruation is imminent.

For now, just be patient. You need to heal up completely. Your cycle would begin as soon as the necessary hormones are secreted optimally.

NB: the fibroids were 'serosal or subserosal fibroids right?
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 12:06am On Oct 24, 2014
blacqueen:
Doctors in the house, pls come to my aid....av bin having serious abdominal pain for the past a month now. an in my 1st trimester. Doc gave me pcm d 1st time. I went back again wen dere was no improvement. He gave me diazepam to be taken @night for 3days...but d pain still persist after the 3 days...wat can I do to relieve this pain. It is getting unbearable for me. Thanks in advance.

I have two questions for you.

1. How many weeks pregnant are you?

2. Are you primigravida? Is this your first pregnancy
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by kpofkpof: 7:07am On Oct 24, 2014
Marc9:
Thank God for a successful surgery.

The brownish discharge and the bleeding are likely indicating that your menstruation is imminent.

For now, just be patient. You need to heal up completely. Your cycle would begin as soon as the necessary hormones are secreted optimally.

NB: the fibroids were 'serosal or subserosal fibroids right?

Most were subserous, but we had intramural as well and one submucous
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 7:11am On Oct 24, 2014
kpofkpof:

Most were subserous, but we had intramural as well and one submucous
Okay.

Well give it time, you'll be just fine. Your TTC effort will yield eventually.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by kpofkpof: 9:07am On Oct 24, 2014
Marc9:
Okay.

Well give it time, you'll be just fine. Your TTC effort will yield eventually.

Thank you and a big AMEN
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by effisyman: 3:20pm On Oct 24, 2014
Doctor....

thanks for your good job.

I have an ailment for close to six month now, had unprotected sex and later noticed painful itching in my pubic regoin with occasional painful urination.

i went to a hospital were my urine sample was taken and i was placed on anti biotics but the symptoms keeps resurfacing.

sometime around August i almost died, as i felt different types of pain in my tummy, as if my organs were being cut into pieces with serious cough both day and night.

A friend introduce me to GNLD masculine supplement which have been taken since then, i noticed the drug only suppress the pain and it will come back when i cannot afford the drug.

please help me.

Modified... i also have serios itching on my underneat my feet and toe - nails as if fire is burning them.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 24, 2014
effisyman:
Doctor....

thanks for your good job.

I have an ailment for close to six month now, had unprotected sex and later noticed painful itching in my pubic regoin with occasional painful urination.

i went to a hospital were my urine sample was taken and i was placed on anti biotics but the symptoms keeps resurfacing.

sometime around August i almost died, as i felt different types of pain in my tummy, as if my organs were being cut into pieces with serious cough both day and night.

A friend introduce me to GNLD masculine supplement which have been taken since then, i noticed the drug only suppress the pain and it will come back when i cannot afford the drug.

please help me.

Modified... i also have serios itching on my underneat my feet and toe - nails as if fire is burning them.

Clearly, that's an STD(likely gonorrhoea, chlamydia, or syphilis,,,,), but I expected whoever handled ur case at the hospital to have notified you of the particular infection it is, since urine sample was taken and examined.

The antibiotic you were placed on could have been a wrong indication, or perhaps you weren't given a follow up.

About the GNLD, well I can't vouche for its efficacy, but then, since all the drug could do was suppress the pain, then of course, it's not the right medication to rid you off the chronic infection.

Here's what you should do, go find a good hospital where they'll run both blood and urine test, HIV screening, HBV, and other STIs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Help Me! Syphilis Wants To Finish My Life / I Have This Skin Disease And I'm About To Get Married... Help Needed!! / Dr. Paul Enenche Working From 20th Floor Of Trump Towers (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.