Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,474 members, 7,823,104 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Reason The POLLING UNITS In Abuja Is More Than The Whole SOUTH-EAST? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reason The POLLING UNITS In Abuja Is More Than The Whole SOUTH-EAST? (2051 Views)

Military Stops Amaechi From Inspecting Polling Units In The State (Photos) / Tinubu And Atiku At Their Polling Units (photos) / What To Do On The Day Of Election At The Polling Unit In Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reason The POLLING UNITS In Abuja Is More Than The Whole SOUTH-EAST? by gabriel212: 10:12am On Aug 27, 2014
It is no more a news that the latest polling units created in Abuja is more than the whole of South-East.
according to the Chief Press Secretary of the INEC Chairman, the reason he gave for the aforesaid is incomprehensive as he was trying to capitulate reason.
If it were to be by population density does it mean the South-East population were stagnant over the years while the Abuja population was increasing?
What parameters or scientific permutation were adopted to creat the polling units?
Please if we have INEC official / people who are more politically inclined to tell us the reason.
THANKS!
Re: Reason The POLLING UNITS In Abuja Is More Than The Whole SOUTH-EAST? by hushmail: 12:01pm On Aug 27, 2014
as wt everything 9ja and as usual southeast was marginalised

1 Like

Re: Reason The POLLING UNITS In Abuja Is More Than The Whole SOUTH-EAST? by impromptu: 1:43pm On Aug 27, 2014
This is interesting. following.....
Re: Reason The POLLING UNITS In Abuja Is More Than The Whole SOUTH-EAST? by danot1030: 2:52pm On Aug 27, 2014
Why are the easterners complaining? I tot Abuja is the head-quarter of igbo-land. Jonathan till 2019.

3 Likes

Re: Reason The POLLING UNITS In Abuja Is More Than The Whole SOUTH-EAST? by stillwata(m): 4:01pm On Aug 27, 2014
We should ask ourselves one question ,are we treated as equals in Nigeria?yes or no .My answer is everyone is crying out for peace but without equal right,fairness,and justice we can know no peace.
Re: Reason The POLLING UNITS In Abuja Is More Than The Whole SOUTH-EAST? by gabriel212: 10:58am On Sep 04, 2014
I am not from the South-East but let be sincere here what permutations was use for creation of the polling units? and over the years in the history of Nigeria, elections are won through unrealistic vote from the remote area. Is this an attempt to rig or anything we could not think of?
Re: Reason The POLLING UNITS In Abuja Is More Than The Whole SOUTH-EAST? by Validated: 5:54am On Sep 05, 2014
[size=18pt]The ball is on GEJ's court. If this is not corrected, NorthWest have aready rigged the election.[/size]
Re: Reason The POLLING UNITS In Abuja Is More Than The Whole SOUTH-EAST? by Nobody: 6:42am On Sep 05, 2014
abuja na part of southeast name, Una no dey stay village na
Re: Reason The POLLING UNITS In Abuja Is More Than The Whole SOUTH-EAST? by gabriel212: 9:27am On Sep 05, 2014
Validated: [size=18pt]The ball is on GEJ's court. If this is not corrected, NorthWest have aready rigged the election.[/size]

I think the national population commission should publish the population density of the Abuja and map of ow far are the communities from each other for analysis.
Re: Reason The POLLING UNITS In Abuja Is More Than The Whole SOUTH-EAST? by gabriel212: 10:46am On Sep 05, 2014
size38: Population density is one of the things used in creating polling units. So the Igbos should stop complaining because while they leave their home and go to other states and regions to swell the population of those states and regions, do they still expect their population back home to be big enough? The answer is NO. In resource distribution, such as this polling unit issue, govt considers population more than tribes. I know the last census figures put all the individual states in Igbo land at one million plus. Non of the Igbo speaking state recorded up to two million plus population . Meaning that the entire population is not more than 8-9 million .So the Igbos should learn how to stay in their own states.
Are you now saying the Abuja population is upto 8-9million?
from what i use to know, Abuja is always empty on weekend or any of the festive period because most of the peolpe who populate Abuja are for bussiness. and the actual population of the state can never be upto 3million
Re: Reason The POLLING UNITS In Abuja Is More Than The Whole SOUTH-EAST? by uduokirika1(m): 10:56am On Sep 05, 2014
size38: Population density is one of the things used in creating polling units. So the Igbos should stop complaining because while they leave their home and go to other states and regions to swell the population of those states and regions, do they still expect their population back home to be big enough? The answer is NO. In resource distribution, such as this polling unit issue, govt considers population more than tribes. I know the last census figures put all the individual states in Igbo land at one million plus. Non of the Igbo speaking state recorded up to two million plus population . Meaning that the entire population is not more than 8-9 million .So the Igbos should learn how to stay in their own states.

Which school did you attend?. Why expose your stack ignorance on social media. The population of Anambra from the last census is over 4million, and also note that Onitsha has more population density per sq/km than most cities in Nigeria even Ibadan! Little 'googling' will educate you better, Ananmbra state has the highest population density in Nigeria second only to Lagos state. Thank me later
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onitsha
Re: Reason The POLLING UNITS In Abuja Is More Than The Whole SOUTH-EAST? by Ngwakwe: 11:04am On Sep 05, 2014
uduokirika1:

Which school did you attend?. Why expose your stack ignorance on social media. The population of Anambra from the last census is over 4million, and also note that Onitsha has more population density per sq/m than most cities in Nigeria! Little 'googling' will educate you better, Ananmbra state has the highest population density in Nigeria second only to Lagos state. Thank me later

You get time replying the hate monger who believes there's no Igbo in South South
Re: Reason The POLLING UNITS In Abuja Is More Than The Whole SOUTH-EAST? by gabriel212: 1:25pm On Sep 05, 2014
uduokirika1:

Which school did you attend?. Why expose your stack ignorance on social media. The population of Anambra from the last census is over 4million, and also note that Onitsha has more population density per sq/km than most cities in Nigeria even Ibadan! Little 'googling' will educate you better, Ananmbra state has the highest population density in Nigeria second only to Lagos state. Thank me later
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onitsha

haa dont tell me Anambra has the highest population after lagos state.
where do you put places like Kano, Ogun?
Re: Reason The POLLING UNITS In Abuja Is More Than The Whole SOUTH-EAST? by uduokirika1(m): 3:28pm On Sep 05, 2014
gabriel212:

haa dont tell me Anambra has the highest population after lagos state.
where do you put places like Kano, Ogun?

Since you don't know the difference between population and population density, I beg to comment my reserve! Please go back to school oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Reason The POLLING UNITS In Abuja Is More Than The Whole SOUTH-EAST? by gabriel212: 4:06pm On Sep 05, 2014
uduokirika1:

Since you don't know the difference between population and population density, I beg to comment my reserve! Please go back to school oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I still disagree with you the population per area( as you want it be/mention) of ONITSHA can not be compare to Ogun and Kano unless u provide me with evidence.
moreover, we had seen a scenario where the population of one state is raise above the other because of the political party that rule the state. like in the case of LAGOS & KANO during the last population count.
Re: Reason The POLLING UNITS In Abuja Is More Than The Whole SOUTH-EAST? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 4:16pm On Sep 05, 2014
gabriel212: I am not from the South-East but let be sincere here what permutations was use for creation of the polling units?
ask us once again..
Re: Reason The POLLING UNITS In Abuja Is More Than The Whole SOUTH-EAST? by atlwireles: 5:01pm On Sep 05, 2014
However, in one fell swoop, INEC has contradicted this assessment by becoming yet another instrument in the hands of the #Bring Back Our Northern Domination brigade. These conspirators have tried several gambits in their determination to wrest power from Goodluck Jonathan and the South-South. They have used threats, blackmail, defections, Boko Haram insurgency, and even the Chibok kidnapping; all to no avail. Now, it would appear that they have also succeeded in conscripting INEC to their plans to shift power back to the North by hook or crook. - See more at:

INEC clean-up
INEC has recently taken two self-contradictory actions, one after the other. Unless the latter is immediately reversed, it will go a long way to compromise the integrity of the forthcoming 2015 elections. In the first place, INEC decided to clean up the voters register, a task for which it has received widespread public commendation. So doing, it discovered millions of ghost-voters. In the determination to lay the foundation for inflating their poll numbers in elections, our political parties have been careful to orchestrate multiple voter registrations.
INEC’s clean-up exercise testified to the #Bring Back Our Northern Domination brigade. It confirmed the Northern supremacy over the South in the business of cooking up voting population figures in order to promote Northern supremacy in elections in Nigeria. INEC discovered far more ghost-voters in the North than it did in the South. One of the biggest culprits here is Zamfara State, which had ostensibly 2,045,131 registered voters. However, during the clean-up exercise, it was discovered that 1,130,245 of these were ghost-voters. That means a whopping 44% of the names in the Zamfara voters register were fictitious

After screening the register, INEC was able to reduce the national voting population considerably. In 2011, we were told that there are some 70 million registered voters in Nigeria. Now that figure has shrunk to less than 60 million.
INEC schemes
Having cleaned up the register by drastically reducing it, INEC then decided to contradict itself. It created some 30,000 additional polling-units in the country, when the clean-up exercise suggests there is actually no basis to create more polling-units at all. Indeed, the more logical conclusion should be that we need less, and not more, polling-units.
But then INEC actions became even more bizarre. It decided to award far more additional polling-units to the North than to the South; in spite of the fact that it discovered more ghost registrations in the North than in the South.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/inecs-new-membership-bring-back-northern-domination/#sthash.psaGEW3Y.dpuf
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/inecs-new-membership-bring-back-northern-domination/#sthash.psaGEW3Y.dpuf

(1) (Reply)

Please let's Take A Minute And Pray For @sirusblack And Soldiers In Bama / Senate Bars “corruption Personified” Mallam El-rufai From Holding Public Office / Nairaland Mentiond In BBC Report On National Identity Card.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.