Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

How To Make Nairaland's Homepage - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Make Nairaland's Homepage (577 Views)

How To Make Nairaland Frontpage. / Lets Make Nairaland Hit 1 Million Members This Year 2013 / You Can Rate The Stories That Make Nairaland's Front-page Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Nairaland's Homepage by missEmjay(f): 5:21pm On Aug 27, 2014
Being on the homepage is most writer's wish. But that wish will become a reality after reading this. Here are 4 tips that will catapult your topics to the homepage

4) CHOOSE A KICKASS TITLE: The first thing people see in any write-up is the Title. A kickass Title entices people to read a topic even if the topic doesn't turn out to be interesting. An attractive Title can trigger readers' response as your title is a snapshot of what to expect in your thread. For example sething like '5 lies your teacher told you' is more catchy than 'Teachers can lie'. You feel me?

3) KEEP IT SHORT: I'll confess to you, once a topic is too long, I don't bother reading it at all, I just leave the thread and I'm sure a lot of people share the same views with me. Long topics tenda to look more like a sermon which screams BORING! Your aim is to get comments and not getting people running out of your thread.

2)AIM FOR A LARGE AUDIENCE: Here is the formula: LA+MC=HP where LA stands for large audience, MC for Many comments and HP is for HomePage. It will be easier for a topic about the president to hit frontpage(cos it appeals to a very large audience) than a topic like 'How to make a small room feel bigger'(cos it inly concerns small apartment owners)

1) GET POPULAR: I'll watch any Dicaprio's movie any day, any time barring what haters say because I know he's a great actor. Its also the same thing with writers. When you become popular in a field, its only natural for people to read your topic and drop a comment or two. And if the mods know you, what else is left? Your thread is already on its way to the homepage.
With these few points of mine, I hope I've been able to convince and not confuse you that you can write a topic that will make homepage. Peace.
Re: How To Make Nairaland's Homepage by missEmjay(f): 5:54pm On Aug 27, 2014
Re: How To Make Nairaland's Homepage by missEmjay(f): 5:54pm On Aug 27, 2014
Bonus
+ WRITE SOMETHING CONTROVERSIAL Hey, I don't mean something like 'Women are useless breed' or anything that's gonna cause dispute. But something that triggers different schools of thoughts will definately attract more comments as people will want to share their opinion. That's why topics like 'hot or not' or 'Who wore it better' make homepage. But be subtle, as you wouldn't wanna open your topic and view 8 pages of curses, abuses and insults.
Re: How To Make Nairaland's Homepage by yungchop: 6:38pm On Aug 27, 2014
missEmjay:
you sent me a PM right!? I can't view it dear, why don't you just tell me here smiley
Re: How To Make Nairaland's Homepage by Baddestguyp(m): 7:15pm On Aug 27, 2014
op, from ur previous topics, you've never made front page, so how'll u advise others on how to
Re: How To Make Nairaland's Homepage by missEmjay(f): 7:33pm On Aug 27, 2014
Baddestguyp: op, from ur previous topics, you've never made front page, so how'll u advise others on how to
I might(keep in mind dis is a new moniker but I've been on nl for a while under a diff moniker) not have done but I know. Afterall, Science is d knowledge of 'things' and technology is d application of dat knowledge. I've got the Science and I want to share it.
Re: How To Make Nairaland's Homepage by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 27, 2014
Baddestguyp: op, from ur previous topics, you've never made front page, so how'll u advise others on how to
tell me which of those points are not correct? it doesn't matter if she has made fp or not. Her points makes sense. Fire go OP. I dey feel yu. Hope to share my homepage testimony wit yu soon.
Re: How To Make Nairaland's Homepage by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 27, 2014
Bribe the mods people have a price, just pay a mod a good sum of cash and your topic will knack front page one time even if yu hv only 1 view.
Frontpage mods

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Has Link With Boko Haram, Obama Should Arrest Him – Farouk Aliyu / Someone Should Please Help Me / Have You Experienced It Before

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.