Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

.....making A First Class Or A 2.1 In Our Universities..... - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / .....making A First Class Or A 2.1 In Our Universities..... (745 Views)

NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100 / Opinion: These 20 Courses Should Be Scraped From Our Universities / How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

.....making A First Class Or A 2.1 In Our Universities..... by Nobody: 7:45pm On Aug 27, 2014
Hlo peeps,In dix thread i will be sharing with you guys tips on how you will be able to graduate and make a 1.1 or a 2.1 in your degree.....The first day we started lectures,the lecturer threatened us saying that A belonged to God,B for the Lecturers and C for the students...I just laughed over that comment..the Doctor in question went further to say that graduating with a 1:1 or 2:1 was an herculean task...But as God will have it,i graduated with a Second Class Upper Honour Degree...Below are my success recipes which has been of immense help to me during my undergraduate days................................ (1)Mindset;you must have the mindset of a champion to excel in life..@Socrates once said,-Know thyself..self discovery is the greatest discovery ever..An eagle that has not discovered that it needs to soar high in the sky will eat earthworms together with the chickens.you must learn to change your mindset.it is a pity that hundreds of years after slavetrade,some people still love their chains thereby leaving them with a defeated mindset...that must change.I believe that there is no tertiary institution in the federation that has never graduated a 1st class or a 2.1 student before..so what is stopping you from carving your name in the Stones of time.As a kid,my dad always told us never to write our names in the sands of time because it can be erased by the whirlwind and heavy rains of time..Instead,it should be written on rocks and mountain of time..If your mind is not renewed to become that of a Champion,sorry bro you will surely crash your boat..First change your mindset and everything will fall in place as you work towards your goal.. (2)Foundational defects;who builds a good house without a good foundation.some people cheated all the way through school.some bought their certificates or results up to the tetiary institution.mind you,you cannot buy everybody cux some lecturers have a high moral ethical standard..it is almost very impossible in a federal institution to start with a CGPA of 3.5 and get a 2:1...i was told about a computer wizard that moderates people's grade..yes its true,cux i felt its hands on my grade too...(3)Technicality in answering Questions:every lecturer has how he/she wants their questions to be answered..some want it short n precise while others want it long and bulky...try to understand what each lecturer wants(4)The God factor;what do you believe inwho do you believe in..it goes a long way...Work and Pray...its a pity some lazy student think dat after they are being prayed for,they will pass with flying colours without paying the price..PLS,wake them up because they are building castles in the whirlwind...I repeat never under-estimate what God can do..1 started with a CGPA of 4.28 in my year1..In year3,my CGPA was at 3.95..I prayed with the zeal,passion of a mad prophet and at year4 it was back to 4.5...Mind you,i also read like a mad man..lolxxx.. (5)No Pain,No Gain;so many lazy bones in the tertiary institutions..students who will not read their books and go extra miles in their research.they stop were their lecturers stop,only to be dumpfounded when they see abstract questions during exams.learn to read far ahead of your lecturers.Creative minds dont mingle with Ideal minds..Attend tutorials,do your assignment timely and submit as at when due..never you isolate yourself from others or have you forgotten that Iron sharpeneth Iron...READ,READ,READ,READ and READ..... Don't WISH for a 1st Class or a 2.1,,,WORK for a 1st class or a 2.1...Pls,pardon my grammatical errors cux Prof.Wole Soyinka no be my lecturer...Pls,pardon my typo errors cux na my Nokia Asha 200 i use type am...LOLXXX...I sincerely hope that my success tips was of immense help to those who have read this thread...Always at your service,thanks for reading....

1 Like

Re: .....making A First Class Or A 2.1 In Our Universities..... by HFOG(f): 8:08pm On Aug 27, 2014
Tks for sharing. Keep soaring.
Re: .....making A First Class Or A 2.1 In Our Universities..... by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 27, 2014
HFOG: Tks for sharing. Keep soaring.
tnx swthrt...uwc...

(1) (Reply)

N4,000 Call-up Fee: Service Is Optional, Says NYSC / OAU Merit Admission List For 2014/2015 Is Out / ABU School Admission List 2014/2015 Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.