Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,227 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

Problem With A Joomla-powered Site. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Problem With A Joomla-powered Site. (681 Views)

How Do I Create A Joomla Template And Edit An Existing One / Is Your Blog Powered By Wordpress? / Has Anyone Been Able Upload A Joomla Site Through Filezilla? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problem With A Joomla-powered Site. by ichamentor(m): 12:11am On Aug 28, 2014
Hello webmasters, please I need help with this hiccup. I have a website running on the joomla platform that I am managing. Recently, I added a new article to the back end but it does not appear on the front end. Currently, I have noticed that no changes made at the backend reflect on the front end. I tried changing the background image, nothing happened. I changed the template, nothing still.
I have turned off the cache, cleared it as well. As per the article, I have cross-checked that all the needed publishing parameters are as they should be.
I am wondering if any one has experienced something similar to this, and I look forward to hearing suggestions as to how to rectify it.
Thanks
Re: Problem With A Joomla-powered Site. by CMSguru: 12:17am On Aug 28, 2014
contact mr hilaryiwens05, he will gladly help u out
Re: Problem With A Joomla-powered Site. by ichamentor(m): 1:24am On Aug 28, 2014
thanks @CMSguru.
Re: Problem With A Joomla-powered Site. by WebHostingPal: 4:41am On Aug 28, 2014
ichamentor: Hello webmasters, please I need help with this hiccup. I have a website running on the joomla platform that I am managing. Recently, I added a new article to the back end but it does not appear on the front end. Currently, I have noticed that no changes made at the backend reflect on the front end. I tried changing the background image, nothing happened. I changed the template, nothing still.
I have turned off the cache, cleared it as well. As per the article, I have cross-checked that all the needed publishing parameters are as they should be.
I am wondering if any one has experienced something similar to this, and I look forward to hearing suggestions as to how to rectify it.
Thanks

First, what Joomla version are you on ?

Secondly, do you have a link referencing to the Joomla article from the homepage ?

Lastly, have you created the article under a particular category and expect it to automatically appear on the homepage ?

If the last question is yes, then I'm guessing that you have not created a module that auto publish articles

In most cases, people forget to link to the created articles or forget to publish the article in a category that had been set for a published module to read from..

Anyway let me know how it goes.
Re: Problem With A Joomla-powered Site. by ichamentor(m): 9:49am On Aug 28, 2014
-First, what Joomla version are you on ?
-I am version 3.3.3
-Secondly, do you have a link referencing to the Joomla article from the homepage ?
-Yes, I have a link on the submenu(drop-down) that should take one to the article when clicked.
-Lastly, have you created the article under a particular category and expect it to automatically appear on the homepage ?
-Yes, I put the article under a menu category. I expected the title to appear under this menu.

Thanks for offering the insights. I will check the above out again, just in case.
Re: Problem With A Joomla-powered Site. by WebHostingPal: 12:56pm On Aug 28, 2014
ichamentor: -First, what Joomla version are you on ?
-I am version 3.3.3
-Secondly, do you have a link referencing to the Joomla article from the homepage ?
-Yes, I have a link on the submenu(drop-down) that should take one to the article when clicked.
-Lastly, have you created the article under a particular category and expect it to automatically appear on the homepage ?
-Yes, I put the article under a menu category. I expected the title to appear under this menu.

Thanks for offering the insights. I will check the above out again, just in case.

Okay...

(1) (Reply)

Has Any One Notice Nairaland Huge Traffic From Pakistan? / Adsense / How To Make A Website For Your Business Start-up For Beginers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.