Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt (26330 Views)

FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos / Treating America's First Ebola Patients / Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Forwetinnah: 4:05pm On Aug 28, 2014
omenka: Lmao!! grin

And the dunce had to go to my timeline and steal my line!! cheesycheesy

Oga you have no case. Next time look before you leap so you don't make a mockery of common sense.

Cheers.cheesy

Ps: when you quote, learn to refer so you don't get accused of plagiarism.smiley

Haa!! "Common sense" something you have Zero idea about grin....never knew you were so vain and childish. Steal what from whose timeline? *Like i have time for such foolishness, i am NOT YOU, *FYI, I am your MADAM...besides I asked you a question, feel very political to answer it. While you're at it, let Shettima/ Kwakwanso know they have to announce an ebola case soon. You APC members are VERY PATHETIC
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Forwetinnah: 4:10pm On Aug 28, 2014
shinysmrt: The Good heart hospital is where the Doctor ...Ikechukwu Sam Enemuo..was rushed to after he took ill with symptoms of Ebola. He was said to have operated on a woman on Monday presumably after secretly treating the diplomat. Fell ill next day Tuesday and died last Friday. No one knew about this hotel angle which was a very big risk he took...and unethical thing to do.. He was ill for 3 days...then started vomiting blood with bloody diarrhoea. He was rushed to Prime...where he was rejected and then taken to Good heart whose MD is a Cardiologist ..a consultant physician with UPTH. He died there. Good heart is on EVO road in GRA ph2 THE Doctor that died practices in East West Road Rumuokoro...Sam Steel clinic. The wife also a Doctor has a 3-month old baby. There may have been well over 200 contacts of this devilish diplomat who lured his young Doctor friend to treat him secretly and went back to Lagos. I hear he has eventually submitted himself for Ebola check in a bid to get a clearance certificate to fly out..he tested positive and is now quarantined in lagos..It's quite a calamity unfolding in Ph. Unfortunately Ph health facilities are not quite ready to contain Ebola at the moment. There are American experts and federal and WHO health workers in town however training Drs and other healthworkers and helping out with contact tracing etc .

Good gracious. ..Thanks for the update!! Some of their contacts might have left PH already,smh
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by omenka(m): 4:19pm On Aug 28, 2014
Forwetinnah:

Haa!! "Common sense" something you have Zero idea about grin....never knew you were so vain and childish. Steal what from whose timeline? *Like i have time for such foolishness, i am NOT YOU, *FYI, I am your MADAM...besides I asked you a question, feel very political to answer it. While you're at it, let Shettima/ Kwakwanso know they have to announce an ebola case soon. You APC members are VERY PATHETIC
It really sucks to be you. cheesy

Keep bumping my timeline, you are always guaranteed good returns. cheesy
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Forwetinnah: 4:29pm On Aug 28, 2014
omenka: It really sucks to be you. cheesy

Keep bumping my timeline, you are always guaranteed good returns. cheesy

Sorry o...i hear wetin happen to you tongue
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by richeso: 5:24pm On Aug 28, 2014
Anti-NIGERIA on their way again!!!.

rubbish news. fake fake fake!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Truckpusher(m): 6:29pm On Aug 28, 2014
Sarimah: oh..so dahz ur problem...tell me u dnt enjoy looking at dem? tongue
That's not true.................who enjoys an eyesore? tongue
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Sarimah(f): 7:01pm On Aug 28, 2014
Truckpusher: That's not true.................who enjoys an eyesore? tongue
truckpusher tongue
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Truckpusher(m): 7:02pm On Aug 28, 2014
Sarimah: truckpusher tongue
Truckpushers are very honest people and they hate eyesores. shocked
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by eaglechild: 9:33pm On Aug 28, 2014
Leopantro:

I'm sorry but it IS true. just called an SR in surgery in UPTH. The wife of the doctor that died is an SR and is currently sick. got the name of the hospital where the dr was admitted and the name of the hotel.
Yes
It is confirmed, but the doctor didn't know he was dealing with Ebola.
I am so sad right now embarassed
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by eaglechild: 9:37pm On Aug 28, 2014
mbulela:

So now the minister has confirmed it, who is looking stupid?
Yes, it is confirmed, but the doctor didn't know he was dealing with Ebola embarassed embarassed
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Beync(f): 9:48pm On Aug 28, 2014
itstpia1: what about the people who had contact with him in port harcourt.

the medical team, the hotel staff, etc.
right from the reception where he checked in, waiters/waitress, cleaners especially that changes ebola ridden bedsheets, and the laundry. I hope they were able to trace all these staff
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by otokx(m): 9:51pm On Aug 28, 2014
eaglechild:
Yes, it is confirmed, but the doctor didn't know he was dealing with Ebola embarassed embarassed

Big lie, the doctor must have known he was treating Ebola.

1 Like

Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by eaglechild: 9:58pm On Aug 28, 2014
otokx:

Big lie, the doctor must have known he was treating Ebola.
He did not embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by otokx(m): 10:11pm On Aug 28, 2014
eaglechild:
He did not embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

He did, now his wife, child and associates may bear the brunt of his foolishness or and greed.

2 Likes

Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by eaglechild: 10:24pm On Aug 28, 2014
otokx:

He did, now his wife, child and associates may bear the brunt of his foolishness or and greed.

He was unaware.
Thanks
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by otokx(m): 11:01pm On Aug 28, 2014
eaglechild:

He was unaware.
Thanks

The interesting part is the rejection of him by Prime hospital. If they knew or suspected merely by just obsering him then he himself should have known when his "friend" came calling.

1 Like

Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by eaglechild: 11:09pm On Aug 28, 2014
otokx:

The interesting part is the rejection of him by Prime hospital. If they knew or suspected merely by just obsering him then he himself should have known when his "friend" came calling.

It doesn't work that way.

The diplomat was not showing haemorrhagic symptoms unlike the doctor who was.
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Leopantro: 8:22am On Aug 29, 2014
here's an interesting
question; if this diplomat could
evade the authorites and get to
port harcourt, how many diplomats
accompanied Sawyers and where
are they currently?
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by babestell(f): 11:14am On Aug 29, 2014
eaglechild:

He was unaware.
Thanks

You sound so sure about what you are saying. But merely affirming it will not convince people.
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 29, 2014
5naira: cry
modified:
As in nah me be disgrin grin first to comment on frontpage grin
what more do i need to believe that christ is working in my life..

My testimony: It has been long since i last attended tarry night so yesterday my very good friend invited me to The Apostolic church for their all night, well at first i decline but the holy spirit Ask me to follow him, my fellow nairalanders when i got to the church i prayed and bind any type OF spirit that distract my life, brothers and sisters God has answered my prayer and by the Grace of God am the first to comment grin grin

my advice : Believe n trust in the lord and he shall answer all your prayers

Chisos! Ndi nairaland egbugo'm grin grin
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by eaglechild: 9:06pm On Aug 29, 2014
babestell:

You sound so sure about what you are saying. But merely affirming it will not convince people.
Just saying what happened.
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Leopantro: 9:17pm On Aug 29, 2014
the diplomat's name is Olu Ibukun Koye
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by phreakabit(m): 2:59pm On Aug 30, 2014
nora544:

It was mouse because we work with mouse in Europa i know this!

What i know also that when scientist work with this genmouse they see only that it could work!

A drug that work on a mouse not always work on human!

You seem well informed and knowledgeable about these things do you think Nigeria should explore the use of favipiravir in the treatment of Ebola? Why hasn't blood transfusion of survivors been used either?
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by nora544: 3:01pm On Aug 30, 2014
phreakabit:

You seem well informed and knowledgeable about these things do you think Nigeria should explore the use of favipiravir in the treatment of Ebola? Why hasn't blood transfusion of survivors been used either?

I know this because my daughter is a scientist and working at the moment with MSF Doctors without border in Siera leone, to help there.

You have to look if the virus is a silly virus like the flu or a virus you take to next all with him what he has.

Ebola make not many changes so this you can find out only when you look for years!
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by phreakabit(m): 3:10pm On Aug 30, 2014
nora544:

I know this because my daughter is a scientist and working at the moment with MSF Doctors without border in Siera leone, to help there.

You have to look if the virus is a silly virus like the flu or a virus you take to next all with him what he has.

Ebola make not many changes so this you can find out only when you look for years!

So thats out of it then. However you didn't say anything about blood transfusion. . . Btw how do you explain the success achieved in the experimental test conducted on mice.
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 31, 2014

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) / How Mango, Banana, Plantain Cause Terminal Illnesses – Investigation / Man Jumps Into Lokoja River Over Economic Hardship — Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.