Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,306 members, 7,826,210 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt - Health (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt (34780 Views)

First Case Of Lassa Fever Confirmed In Lagos / Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. / No New Confirmed Cases Of Ebola In Lagos! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 28, 2014
Hopesweet2: lts quite unfortunate that the said doctor whose name is identified as 'Iyke' is our choir mistress doctor. She delivered her two babies in this man's hospital. Yesterday, she narrated the story to us , how her doctor died of unknown ailment last week Friday, leaving his wife who just put to birth some months ago. According to her, she has even gone to sympathize with the wife immediately the shocking news gets to her. This morning when l heard the news and the name of the doctor, as well as the location of the hospital, l call her to confirm if its that her hospital. She replied yes with a trembling voice. Please is it right for me to tell her to submit herself for Ebv test, to curtail futher spread, since she has visited the late doctor and his family of recent?

If it were me I would call the Ebola center direct so they can quarantine her immediately.

1 Like

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by AndreB: 7:02pm On Aug 28, 2014
Hopesweet2: lts quite unfortunate that the said doctor whose name is identified as 'Iyke' is our choir mistress doctor. She delivered her two babies in this man's hospital. Yesterday, she narrated the story to us , how her doctor died of unknown ailment last week Friday, leaving his wife who just put to birth some months ago. According to her, she has even gone to sympathize with the wife immediately the shocking news gets to her. This morning when l heard the news and the name of the doctor, as well as the location of the hospital, l call her to confirm if its that her hospital. She replied yes with a trembling voice. Please is it right for me to tell her to submit herself for Ebv test, to curtail futher spread, since she has visited the late doctor and his family of recent?

Call one of these lines..you may save lives. Ebola help lines PH - 08167733937, 07036321076, 08037025683 or 112

3 Likes

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by piagetskinner(m): 7:39pm On Aug 28, 2014
Eeeeeennnn....wahala dey oo....just when chukwu convinced us with his lies that Nigeria doesn't need to worry about ebola, na I'm anoda 2 cases don show 4 ph#berra put that 1.9billion into good use
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by mbulela: 7:51pm On Aug 28, 2014
piagetskinner: Eeeeeennnn....wahala dey oo....just when chukwu convinced us with his lies that Nigeria doesn't need to worry about ebola, na I'm anoda 2 cases don show 4 ph#berra put that 1.9billion into good use
Chukwu wey done dey happy say him go die the money forhis gubernatorial election for 2015.
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by mbulela: 7:55pm On Aug 28, 2014
Reference:

Are doctors on the same page with us on halting this onslaught or what. What is all this nonsense. Why couldn't they call the attention of the authorities immediately the symptoms showed. I think it is time to consider stripping any doctor of his or her practicing license for concealing and attempting to treat what should be termed an 'official matter'. Why is the Federal Government/Ministry of Health so slow at rolling out the 'rules of engagement'. The other patients in these clinics have a right to life and not a further threat to their well being. Any doctor who knowingly admits an ebola patient should simply do time if they survive. All ebola patients should be handed over to the Feds sharp, sharp. I'm livid. angry angry angry
In addition, the diplomat needs to be named and his embassy asked to depart him within 48hrs or his immunity stripped so he can be charged to court.
A few of such tried to ferry sawyer out of first consultant until the doctor intervened. We need to name and shame these terrorists.

2 Likes

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by makzeze: 7:57pm On Aug 28, 2014
Patrick Sawyer should roast in hell, thats if he knew he was carrying the virus before coming to Nigeria.
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by mbulela: 7:57pm On Aug 28, 2014
phreakabit:

Why can't I seem to find this Hospital on any of the Yellowpages or anything about it online?
Don't be daft many of the ph hospitals have no footprint online. Apart from prime and a view others,you'll not find the rest online.
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Agrika: 9:30pm On Aug 28, 2014
Jesu!
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by otokx(m): 9:48pm On Aug 28, 2014
Our government as usual is telling us lies.
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by acada111(f): 9:59pm On Aug 28, 2014

Fast fast o!!!!!! Jesus!! Please call her and tell her, beg her or better still report the issue yourself. Jesus!! Now I'm actually scared
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by mbulela: 9:59pm On Aug 28, 2014
otokx: Our government as usual is telling us lies.
Mt broda, your head dey there.
Where have you been sef?
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by phreakabit(m): 10:03pm On Aug 28, 2014
mbulela:
Don't be daft many of the ph hospitals have no footprint online. Apart from prime and a view others,you'll not find the rest online.

I might be daft, but at least I can spell "few". . . Funny how the blind always tries to hold a candle to you.
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by deavicky(m): 11:27pm On Aug 28, 2014
Johnnoah1st: pls where in Nigeria is portHarcourt?I haven't heard of DAT village/town b4 though but may God heal all does who have Ebola dere in Jesus name.
I'm surprised somebody don't know port Harcourt. Anyway, u may not be a Nigerian. Port Harcourt is among the the big cities in Nigeria, Where things happens. It is also Where they sale everything expensive. One cup of garri #50, STAR 300 in local joint o. Any where u drop #50 ashawo local 4500, English from #10 up, banana 4 for #200, fish don't touch in fact I can't mention all.
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by nannyo(f): 4:57am On Aug 29, 2014
this one is strong[sub][/sub] this one is strong
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Leopantro: 8:23am On Aug 29, 2014
here's an interesting
question; if this diplomat could
evade the authorites and get to
port harcourt, how many diplomats
accompanied Sawyers and where
are they currently?
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by mbulela: 8:44am On Aug 29, 2014
phreakabit:

I might be daft, but at least I can spell "few". . . Funny how the blind always tries to hold a candle to you.
Does not explain your ignorance and daftness. Expecting to see every ph clinic on Google is idiotic.
Enjoy the small fame my typo has granted you.
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by phreakabit(m): 9:12am On Aug 29, 2014
mbulela:
Does not explain your ignorance and daftness. Expecting to see every ph clinic on Google is idiotic.
Enjoy the small fame my typo has granted you.

Way to say thanks for pointing out the difference between few and view to you. I don't mean to be cocky but that's one hell of a "typo" you made there. F and V are properly spaced apart on the qwerty keyboard, the fact that "I" was also present in your spelling of "few", also exposes your inferior intelligence. You can proceed with your ominous rumblings of discontent in future posts but be rest assured, I won't stoop so low as to have an argument with one of lesser qualities.
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by sirjohnson(m): 9:17am On Aug 29, 2014
efobiugochukwu: pls how did u did this. I meant how you placed the url under "here", makin it easy by just click "here"

Just quote me and you will see how I did it. [url=yahoo.com]HERE[/url]
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by wills(m): 12:30pm On Aug 29, 2014
Nigerians will play politics with everything even the EVD outbreak.

Nigeria's minister of Health had the audacity to be smiling on AIT TV this morning being interviewed on the recent developments of ebola in the country and could confidently say one of the primary contacts evaded detection,after this same minister has been saying over and over again on national TV that all primary contacts of Mr Sawyer the Liberian who brought the virus upon Nigerians had been quarantined.

Shockingly despite the briefings from the minister and Lagos state health officials, most Nigerian know the story of how it was revealed a few weeks back that one of the primary contacts at the hospital in Lagos, somehow traveled to Enugu and yet those saddle with the responsibility of containing this virus from spreading gave no reasonable explanation how this happened. In the typical Nigerian fashion "we all let that slide"

Now all of a sudden again,an Ecowas staff a primary contact of the index case (using the ministers language) could travel with the virus across Nigeria seeking for how to treat himself and made his way to Port Harcourt,and nobody knew until the doctor who treated him died of the virus ?

THE BIG QUESTION NIGERIANS MUST ASK?

Why Nigeria's public servant never tell Nigerians the simple truth? From the natural liers the politician,to even the Nigerian military, everyone now seems to lie, look you in the face and lie like hell, and dwell in mediocrity using eye service to show to Mr. President that look "I am working" and thus your so called transformation agenda is changing lives of Nigerians... yet the reality is far,far different :

It's almost a total risk, to take the word of the Nigerian Government as reliable,you do that at your peril

- Its not about GEJ,I am not anti or pro GEJ,so don't get it twisted,but it's about the culture of lies and falsehood that's now deep rooted in the Nigerain system especially in the public sector at Federal,State and Local Council Level.

In a serious country somebody would have been relieved of their job just by the recent revelations that an ebola victim was not accounted for and he was able to travel "God knows how he traveled, and seek medical attention on his own terms outside the isolation centers set up , thus risking the lives of millions more Nigerians.

Look at it from this angle,had the minister of health or the folks responsible for dealing with the initial ebola breakout in Lagos been truthful that " some primary contacts of mr sawyer are at large,possibly displaying their names and pictures -just maybe hospitals and even hotels would have been more vigilant, agreed this might cause more scare amongst the populace but better safe than sorry.

With all the talk of contact tracing, how an Ecowas staff and a primary contact of Mr Sawyer can evade being traced and isolated and had time to travel plus plan his own treatment is just beyond ridiculous : is anybody asking if he did this alone or had accomplices? Did someone responsible for contact tracing willingly allow this man the leverage to go seek help on his own? There's so many questions to ask, and people to fire but the minister come on live TV laughs and smile "saying no need to panic"

I read a recent comment by Jason Njoku recounting what he witnessed at the Nigerian boarder, while people using cars to cross the boarder was subjected to the usual endless procedure and ebola checks,traders wander about the boarder in both directions without appropriate screening, as with every thing typical Nigerian using cosmetic applications to solve real problems. I may be critical despite all that the Government is doing,however I am critial because I believe anything worth doing must be done well,otherwise the ebola incidences,just like the boko haram carnage in Nigeria will turn out to be something toyed with and yet with disastrous consequences.

This is a wake up call: Do the right thing at the right time.

2 Likes

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 29, 2014
sirjohnson:

Just quote me and you will see how I did it. [url=yahoo.com]HERE[/url]
[url=facebook.com]HERE
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 29, 2014
sirjohnson: Its true. Sahara Reporters reported today that a doctor already died in P/harcourt plus others at risk. Full story HERE
lemme try again... [url=facebook.com]click here[/url]
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 29, 2014
sirjohnson: Its true. Sahara Reporters reported today that a doctor already died in P/harcourt plus others at risk. Full story HERE
þhanks bro
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 29, 2014
efobiugochukwu: lemme try again... [Url=facebook.com]click here[/url]
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 29, 2014
efobiugochukwu: lemme try again... [url=facebook.com]click here[/url]
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 29, 2014
efobiugochukwu: lemme try again... [url=facebook.com]click here[url]
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 29, 2014
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by sirjohnson(m): 9:19pm On Aug 29, 2014

Ur welc, you can also make the 'Here' bold by highlighting on it and clicking the 'B' botton. Like this [url=nairaland.com]Click Here[/url]
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Rose111: 9:55am On Sep 02, 2014
Silence is Golden.
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by wonyi: 4:37pm On Sep 02, 2014
CityNG:

If it were me I would call the Ebola center direct so they can quarantine her immediately.

Ok. I understand how u feel.it's better to b safe than sorry.pls call d Ebola helpline .she has nothing to lose.early treatment goes a long way. She has a family.she shouldn't endanger their lives.moreover she might test negative.we need to join hands n combat this life threatening virus

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

She's In Hospital Over Ovarian Cyst Complications! Gynaecologist's Advice Needed / 454 New COVID-19 Cases, 268 Discharged And 12 Deaths On July 3 -(3355 Tested) / Unknown Patient In National Hospital, Abuja (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.