Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,719 members, 7,816,964 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better (176077 Views)

Between Ibra,Ronaldo And Messi Who has scored the most Spectacular Goals / Ronaldinho Vs Messi: Who Is Greatest?! / Mikel Obi, C.ronaldo, Fabregas And Messi. Who Is The Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by AjanleKoko: 1:56pm On May 07, 2012
^^
I expected that from the likes of you. Was wondering why it took so long sef tongue
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by coogar: 1:58pm On May 07, 2012
AjanleKoko: ^^
I expected that from the likes of you. Was wondering why it took so long sef tongue

sorry to put a hole in your bubble, i just don't want you messi fan boys to misinform the public.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by AjanleKoko: 4:52pm On May 07, 2012
coogar:

sorry to put a hole in your bubble, i just don't want you messi fan boys to misinform the public.

It is still 12 goals, officially. Whose fault is it that Barca didn't pass through the playoffs?
Even at that, he's equalled the record. Which is more than we can say of your boy CR.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by coogar: 6:02pm On May 07, 2012
AjanleKoko:

It is still 12 goals, officially. Whose fault is it that Barca didn't pass through the playoffs?
Even at that, he's equalled the record. Which is more than we can say of your boy CR.

it's not 12 goals for ruud van nistelrooy, it's 14 goals.
read clearly. the goals were scored in the champions league competition.

as for messi's goals, whose fault is it that ronaldo didn't play
in club world cup and other senseless competitions that boosted messi's competition.

this time last year when ronaldo broke the pichichi record, messi fan boys like yourself
rubbished it that he only scored in games that didn't matter. what have y'all got to say now?

ronaldo has made his mark in la liga. what took messi 5 seasons to do, ronaldo did it in 1 or 2 seasons.
he's the most outstanding football player that has ever played in la liga. barca fans won't forget him in a jiffy.

scoring a winner @ camp nou to blow barcelona aside in a title race - magic!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by AjanleKoko: 10:25pm On May 07, 2012
coogar:
as for messi's goals, whose fault is it that ronaldo didn't play
in club world cup and other senseless competitions that boosted messi's competition.

Of course its not his fault. Seeing as his club didn't win the Champions League, why would he play in that 'senseless competition'

When Messi takes the European Golden shoe, then the European Player of the Season, then the Ballon D'Or . . . you and other Ronaldo fanboys can quit watching football in protest. You all will not be missed. undecided
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by coogar: 4:21pm On May 08, 2012
AjanleKoko:
Of course its not his fault. Seeing as his club didn't win the Champions League, why would he play in that 'senseless competition'

When Messi takes the European Golden shoe, then the European Player of the Season, then the Ballon D'Or . . . you and other Ronaldo fanboys can quit watching football in protest. You all will not be missed. undecided

messi can have the golden shoe. ronaldo has won it twice for 2 different clubs.
ballon d'or is a farce ever since milito/sneijder were excluded in 2010.

the only thing people would remember about barcelona this season is torres' equaliser
and ronaldo's winner in the el clasico.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by eyoniggar(m): 11:27am On May 09, 2012
Sharon wont u just take a chill, Messi is nabbing all available laurels. Tar;ado aint taking shiiiit.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by coogar: 12:43pm On May 10, 2012
cristiano ronaldo becomes the 1st player in la liga history to score against all league teams [19] in a single season....

outstanding!!!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by Yahoo1(m): 6:48pm On Jul 29, 2012
And yet you call yourselfs football fans,Messi goals count for nothing?...he won 4cups dis season.......ronaldo won just 1........And 4 dos of you saying Ronaldo is more of a team player than Messi!!!!!geez do u ever watch football?....u dnt understand it and yet you comment,your team effort is not calculated by the number of assists u made(although only ozil has more assist ratio than messi did in d past 4 years).....it is gotten by the number of times u created an oppurtunity for your team mates to score! And messi trounce Ronaldo @that! Messi does everything for argentina..he is the one that creates chances for them because they have no one 2 do that! Xavi and iniesta?.....lol....i respect them but,messi dont need them 2 score,messi has gotten more assist than xavi has in his entire career! Dont get me wrong.....xavi is currently along with pirlo the gbest midfielder! But there is a diff in a deep lying midfield,a def-midfield,and an attacking midfield,and xavi is d first,hv u eva wondered y iniesta is more effective than xavi in d attacking midfield role?...thats bc xavi is more like holding the midfield and controlling the flow! My point is,messi has more creative ability than iniesta and xavi...so dont say without xavi and iniesta messi cnt perform,besides cr7 has worldclass midfields too! Which attacker doesnt need a midfield! Cr7 is a great player,am lucky 2 be in dis generation to see such awesome player,and so is messi! OPINION IS LYK AN ASS,EVERYBODY HAS ONE !
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by AjanleKoko: 11:43am On Aug 24, 2012
Both of them should move over for DON ANDRES. EL CEREBRO!!!

Andres Iniesta, like Rooney said in 2009, is the best player in the world, in my view wink
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by A40(m): 3:25pm On Aug 24, 2012
Problem is you can't rely on Iniesta over a season.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by AjanleKoko: 3:36pm On Aug 24, 2012
A-40:
Problem is you can't rely on Iniesta over a season.

Yeah. He's Mister Glass, unfortunately. embarassed
But when he's fit. Boy. Does he play. shocked
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by coogar: 7:27pm On Oct 16, 2012
Ronaldo Is The Best In The Universe - Mourinho

José Mourinho has said it would be "a crime" if Cristiano Ronaldo lost out to Lionel Messi for the 2012 Ballon d'Or. The Real Madrid coach hit back at remarks made his Barcelona counterpart, Tito Vilanova, last weekend that Messi, who has won the award for the past three years, was "the best in the world by a long way".

"When someone with the same responsibility as me comes out and says: 'Mine is the best on the planet' then I have to say: 'Mine was not born in Madeira, he was born on Mars; he is not from planet Earth, he is the best in the universe'," Mourinho told the Portuguese daily A Bola in an interview. "If Messi is the best on the planet, Ronaldo is the best in the universe."

Ronaldo won the award in 2008 and Mourinho said it was time to recognise him again: "If you are going to give out the Ballon d'Or because a player is the best, give it to Cristiano or Messi. But I ask: if the two are on the same level, is it normal that one wins four and the other one? It is not."

In Sunday's 2-2 La Liga draw at the Camp Nou, Ronaldo became the first player to score in six consecutive Clásicos with his ninth and 10th strikes on his 16th appearance against Barça. Mourinho said a player needed to win big titles to deserve the Ballon d'Or. "How can you win the Ballon d'Or without collecting titles, without winning anything important? Don't come to me telling me about the Intercontinental Cup or the Super Cup, this is small stuff. Tell me about fat titles," the Portuguese said.

Mourinho also said Ronaldo had had a tougher career than Messi: "It is harder to be Cristiano than Messi. Messi grew up in the team where he plays, with the players with whom he plays. Not Cristiano. He was in England, then they put him here in a losing team. He had to grow over the last two years with this team which has been forming.
"One [Messi] plays as a No9 and roams around in those 50 square metres where the distance to goal is smaller and defence less intense. The other [Ronaldo] plays as a winger. How does a winger score as many goals as a No9? Besides, Ronaldo is a player who is not protected by anyone."

mourinho just spoke what i have been saying for eons.....ronaldo is the better player!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by A40(m): 10:02pm On Oct 16, 2012
This debate has become redundant! Its like arguing who is faster between Usain Bolt and Yohann Blake. Long range shots,Free-kicks,Headers everything Ronaldo used to have as an edge Messi has acquired. All Messi needs to do is win a WC or at least get to the Finals and we would be talking about Messi with the Real Ronaldo,Zidane,Pele,Maradona,Beckenbauer's e.t.c
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by scantee(m): 2:26pm On Oct 17, 2012
Messi remains d best, no doubt abt dat, go ask D'maria & co...
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by cikadile: 9:10pm On Oct 17, 2012
FIFA, and the dilemma it will find itself in, come the time to choose the best player again! They crazily robbed Xavi /Sneidjer, even Iniesta and gave it to Messi last year after the World Cup.....undeservedly I must say.....how long will the joke continue? Messi is the best, you say, but I will have no more doubts if he goes to another cub/league...Brave Falcao, brave Zlatan, brave CR7!!!

That said, CR7 pls one day go to Italy and light up that fine league for us
or to France and help Zlatan do it there
tested, tried and confirmed Cristiano, respect!

The taciturn one should change leagues or clubs, should exchange jerseys with other footballers, should stop being mean to Tello, Adriano,and most recently David Villa....that was exactly the way he ran off Ronaldinho, Etoo, Zlatan, even Pep!
You call him humble, I call him cold and unfriendly
cannot play outside the trinity
CR7 is better, by a mile and half
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by AjanleKoko: 5:13am On Oct 18, 2012
^^
Not to worry.
Messi will soon come and play for your village team. undecided embarassedangry

I don't understand how people are sitting on their brains like this. The world's best player is playing in the world's best team (at the moment) acclaimed by everybody who is anybody in football, getting paid the world's fattest soccer salary, and some people are still crying that he needs to prove himself to them. How far na

You should just enter your bathroom and waterboard yourself, frankly speaking angry
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by ddippset(m): 1:51pm On Oct 18, 2012
cikadile: FIFA, and the dilemma it will find itself in, come the time to choose the best player again! They crazily robbed Xavi /Sneidjer, even Iniesta and gave it to Messi last year after the World Cup.....undeservedly I must say.....how long will the joke continue? Messi is the best, you say, but I will have no more doubts if he goes to another cub/league...Brave Falcao, brave Zlatan, brave CR7!!!

That said, CR7 pls one day go to Italy and light up that fine league for us
or to France and help Zlatan do it there
tested, tried and confirmed Cristiano, respect!

The taciturn one should change leagues or clubs, should exchange jerseys with other footballers, should stop being mean to Tello, Adriano,and most recently David Villa....that was exactly the way he ran off Ronaldinho, Etoo, Zlatan, even Pep!
You call him humble, I call him cold and unfriendly
cannot play outside the trinity
CR7 is better, by a mile and half
separate ronaldo from his goals, you have nothing.separate messi from his goals, and you have a master dribbler and a play maker.that's the difference. And pls tell your ronaldo when he decides to go to france to 'prove' himself he should not go to psg he should go to nancy or if he choses italy he should not go to juve or milan he should go to bologna since he is so good he doesn't need superstar team mates.or if he decides to return to england he shouldn't go to man u ,he should go to west brom or wigan to 'prove' himself.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by cikadile: 8:54pm On Oct 18, 2012
ddippset: separate ronaldo from his goals, you have nothing.separate messi from his goals, and you have a master dribbler and a play maker.that's the difference. And pls tell your ronaldo when he decides to go to france to 'prove' himself he should not go to psg he should go to nancy or if he choses italy he should not go to juve or milan he should go to bologna since he is so good he doesn't need superstar team mates.or if he decides to return to england he shouldn't go to man u ,he should go to west brom or wigan to 'prove' himself.

CR7 is not mine o, he played for my team, won FIFA best....unheard of, from England before....
Messi plays zilch when not playing as part of the trinity of Iniesta, Xavi and himself
You know this very well
CR7 playing in Nancy, France or Torino, Italy?
I dare Messi to go play Arsenal or any of the big 4 even, no need to do it in Stoke City...he will just disappear
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 18, 2012
Messi is Immortal....

You Ronaldo Guys just don't get it......

Messi is Lebron

Ronaldo is Durant....a scorer who can't do anything else but score.

#Messi

#Maradonna

#PlayMaker

#Argentina

#LeftysAreGenius

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by ddippset(m): 10:40pm On Oct 18, 2012
cikadile:

CR7 is not mine o, he played for my team, won FIFA best....unheard of, from England before....
Messi plays zilch when not playing as part of the trinity of Iniesta, Xavi and himself
You know this very well
CR7 playing in Nancy, France or Torino, Italy?
I dare Messi to go play Arsenal or any of the big 4 even, no need to do it in Stoke City...he will just disappear
fifa best from the epl, henry almost did twice only ronaldinho stopped him.ronaldo won it only cus messi was injured for about 5 months.when messi became injury free your ronaldo no smell am again, three times in a row with the biggest possible margin ever.like I said ronaldo without goals is nothing.he was king in the epl now he comes to la liga under the same denominator with meSsi and is still living in messi's shadow.check messi out in europe, ronaldo will prolly die trying to match the records messi has set.since messi needs xavi and iniesta then ronaldo would be nothing without the help of rooney,tevez,scholes and giggs.and today he still be zero without ozil, de maria,alonso,benzema.let him prove us wrong by going to westbrom or getafe since according to you he doesn't need a 'xavi' or an 'iniesta'kill the debate now!ronaldo is only unlucky to be born in messi's generation.never compare a single ballon dor winner to a 3 timer. They no be mates at all.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by AjanleKoko: 8:43am On Oct 19, 2012
cikadile:

Aha. Now we know the source of your pain.
Sorry, Arsenal would need to sell your coach plus the entire first team, and they still would not be able to afford Messi. Half a billion euros buyout clause na beans?

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 19, 2012
Messi beat Man United in the Champions league Final Twice...

Kill that Rubbish noise about him not being able to play against English Sides

I don't even know why we call them english sides anymore....the whole entire rosters are filled with foreign players.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by coogar: 12:00pm On Oct 19, 2012
~Royal~:
Messi is Immortal....

You Ronaldo Guys just don't get it......

Messi is Lebron

Ronaldo is Durant....a scorer who can't do anything else but score.

#Messi

#Maradonna

#PlayMaker

#Argentina

#LeftysAreGenius

messi is not immortal, he is shyte outside barcelona - without the xavi/iniesta axis, messi is anonymous! mention one competition messi lit up without the catalonians @ senior level and you would find out how shitty he's been! they hosted copa america in their backyard and messi still got beaten playing a 10-man urugyay for more than one hour!

okocha has done more for super eagles than messi has done for argentina!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by AjanleKoko: 12:17pm On Oct 19, 2012
coogar:

messi is not immortal, he is shyte outside barcelona - without the xavi/iniesta axis, messi is anonymous! mention one competition messi lit up without the catalonians @ senior level and you would find out how shitty he's been! they hosted copa america in their backyard and messi still got beaten playing a 10-man urugyay for more than one hour!

okocha has done more for super eagles than messi has done for argentina!

Not to worry, son.
Messi won't play for your geriatric team either tongue
He much prefers to beat them, every now and then, when the sides cross paths wink
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by ritchboy(m): 12:33pm On Oct 19, 2012
coogar:

messi is not immortal, he is shyte outside barcelona - without the xavi/iniesta axis, messi is anonymous!

This is the most retarded myth in the history of Association Football.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by sweetguy10(m): 11:48am On Oct 20, 2012
ritchboy:

Seconded and let me add the most "STOOPIDD"
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by montelik(m): 1:07pm On Oct 20, 2012
ritchboy:

No different than the "CR7 goes missing in big games" myth. All stand-out players have critics who exaggerate their real/fake flaws. Messi won't get a special exemption.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by ddippset(m): 1:27pm On Oct 20, 2012
montelik:

No different than the "CR7 goes missing in big games" myth. All stand-out players have critics who exaggerate their real/fake flaws. Messi won't get a special exemption.
very very different I think. Ronaldo actually used to go missing you big games time ago. You might say that has changed for him.messi depends on xavi and iniesta sometimes cus they are team mates and that is natural.xavi and iniesta sometimes depend on messi equally just like ronaldo used to depend on the wizardry of scholes and giggs and now ozil and de maria. Every big player in a big team does depend on other great ones and yes, maybe no more but he used to be a big game flop.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by montelik(m): 2:20pm On Oct 20, 2012
If by times ago you are referring to his teen to early adult years (17-20), then you have a point. But which player at that age or stage in their development is not inconsistent. Well before CR7 was awarded WPOTY in 2008. He had already been shining at the highest levels club and international. Helped Portugal all the way to final of Euro 2004, key member of Portugal's run to the semi's of the WC in 2006, had numerous MOM worthy performances in FA cup finals, League cup finals, ucl knockout games, top of the table league matches e.t.c all before his WPOTY. Yet his critics persisted with the over exaggerated nonsense, simply because he didn't light up the universe in certain games his critics chose, ignoring numerous other instances of big game performance, forgetting that no player has a flawless record of performance in every single "big game". He won everything he could at United and they relented on the "big game flop" nonsense, but by the first 2 classicos when he didn't look great, they had started the nonsense again, ignoring the history and reality. Now they have been thoroughly shut up, but they will surely find some avenue to start the nonsense again. Messi will experience the same stuff, however silly, harsh or untrue until he can thoroughly shut them up as well.

This is the price of being a truly exceptional player. Both CR7 and Messi will have critics who will exaggerate, even invent weakness or failures and depending on whom individuals favor, people will be sympathetic to the various claims, as unfounded as they might be.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by ddippset(m): 3:00pm On Oct 20, 2012
montelik: If by times ago you are referring to his teen to early adult years (17-20), then you have a point. But which player at that age or stage in their development is not inconsistent. Well before CR7 was awarded WPOTY in 2008. He had already been shining at the highest levels club and international. Helped Portugal all the way to final of Euro 2004, key member of Portugal's run to the semi's of the WC in 2006, had numerous MOM worthy performances in FA cup finals, League cup finals, ucl knockout games, top of the table league matches e.t.c all before his WPOTY. Yet his critics persisted with the over exaggerated nonsense, simply because he didn't light up the universe in certain games his critics chose, ignoring numerous other instances of big game performance, forgetting that no player has a flawless record of performance in every single "big game". He won everything he could at United and they relented on the "big game flop" nonsense, but by the first 2 classicos when he didn't look great, they had started the nonsense again, ignoring the history and reality. Now they have been thoroughly shut up, but they will surely find some avenue to start the nonsense again. Messi will experience the same stuff, however silly, harsh or untrue until he can thoroughly shut them up as well.

This is the price of being a truly exceptional player. Both CR7 and Messi will have critics who will exaggerate, even invent weakness or failures and depending on whom individuals favor, people will be sympathetic to the various claims, as unfounded as they might be.
personally I've never been one to call ronaldo a big game flop but I think his 'flop tag' actually started in the epl against the arsenals and the chelseas, also against barcelona in the first few classicos.I think also that flopping doesn't just mean not scoring a goal it also means not guiding your team to victory. I really do not and have never opined that ronaldo is a big game flop.but the notion that messi is nothing is arguably the most ridiculous falacy in the history of the game.for the following reasons; 1.messi is tested and trusted in the art of dribbling defenders in their numbers,4 , 5. He has done it over and over again;epl defenders,spanish,italian,german defenders. 2.season after season his assist records are in multiples of those of xavi and iniesta combined. 3.dani alvez is the one who has assisted most of messi goals.4. Messi has put in sublime performances and hat tricks even when xavi and iniesta weren't playing.5. Messi shone like a million stars at newel's old boys under 13. 6.saying that messi flops for argentina is just as ridiculous as calling ronaldo a big game flop.he is always argentinas best player,higuain,tevez might score 4 but they are never half as good as messi.see his olympic gold and his under 20 gold, he didn't need xavi and iniesta to demolish some overaged nigerian u-23's. Just like they said playing that xavi iniesta card on messi is arguably football's greatest myth.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by coogar: 7:43pm On Oct 20, 2012
ritchboy:

5 goals in 2000 mins of tournament football proves you are a consummate rëtard! for barcelona, messi scores at will, a goal in every match at least - for argentina, he's anonymous!!

AjanleKoko:
Not to worry, son.
Messi won't play for your geriatric team either tongue
He much prefers to beat them, every now and then, when the sides cross paths wink

he was anonymous in 2008 when united despatched barcelona to win their champions league! united didn't need messi to play in back to back finals in 2008 and 2009.....a feat barcelona have never achieved in their history!

sweetguy10:
Seconded and let me add the most "STOOPIDD"

you're a tool!
messi has been shyte for argentina.....i cannot count the number of tournaments he's played for the senior team where he's been extremely mediocre! he can only play in catalonia.....@ the last world cup, he couldn't even score a goal and players like ozil and podolski destroyed messi......@ the last copa america, forlan/suarez demolished him. so who is messi outside barcelona?

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England / Paris Saint-gemain FC Fan Thread: Les Rouge-et-bleu..."Revons plus grand" / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.