Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,008 members, 7,956,735 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:46 PM

How Best To Honour Dora Akuyili - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Best To Honour Dora Akuyili (447 Views)

Why I Refused To Honour Efcc’s Invitation – Tompolo / World Diplomatic Circles To Honour Jonathan In Geneva / How Best To Honour Abiola - Bola Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Best To Honour Dora Akuyili by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 28, 2014
We all are aware of the great achievements of the late Prof Dora Akuyili especailly the war she fought against fake drugs in Nigeria for the first time in the history of this nation. We are also aware of the unparallel, unpresidented character of integrity and boldness she displayed during her terms in public office. This was the woman who returned back into the coffers of the government, the balance of the funds allocated for her treatment abroad by PTF. This act was unprecidented because an average public officer would be tempted to divert such money for personal account owing to the high rate of corruption in the country.
Therefore, I believe such woman should be highly honoured in a way that many generations to come will see and be proud- a role model to the young and generations to come.
For me, I suggest the NAFDAC building should be named after her. Also, FG should name a national award after her to honour Nigerians who show outstanding character of patriotism and integrity. Nigerians who go out of their way to forfeit personal gains for national benefits. The award should be called "The Dora Akuyili Award of Patriotism".
What do you think Nigerians? What do you suggest?

(1) (Reply)

Politics And Religious Pluralism.. Video... / Ikimi’s Diatribe Against Tinubu & The Limit Of Political Buffoonery / 'voters Without Permanent Cards Won’t Vote'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.