Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,495 members, 7,823,158 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

A Crucial Matter NYSC Board Members Must Put In Place Before Deploying Graduates - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / A Crucial Matter NYSC Board Members Must Put In Place Before Deploying Graduates (1068 Views)

Things Corp Members Must Take To Camp / NYSC Insists Corps Members Must Go To Troubled States / Fg To Stop Deploying Corpers To Urban Areas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Crucial Matter NYSC Board Members Must Put In Place Before Deploying Graduates by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 28, 2014
This Programme was established under Gen. Gowon's administration with so many objectives in view. I must not fail to give kudos to the Board members of the NYSC for their effort to achieve such objectives.
I have this problem which has been bothering me for some time now and it's really eating me up. It's definitely the issue of 'Accommodation' for the corps members.
After the three weeks orientation camp, the corps members are posted to various local governments for their place of primary assignment without any form of accommodation provided for them. This is unfair on the part of the corps members who intend to serve their father land.
Why do I call it unfair?
First and foremost, the Prospective Corps Member receives a call-up letter to a state chosen by the NYSC Board members (Pls correct me if I'm wrong) and not by the Prospective corper. Often times, the prospective corper receives a state which he or she wouldn't have chosen if given the chance. That not withstanding, the corper tries so much to be in the state of deployment at the date designated for the 3 weeks orientation. Most times, you see Southerners posted to the North and Northerners posted to the South amidst the crises prevalent in some states.
Secondly, after the three weeks camp, the corps members are relocated to various Local Governments and are told to receive it in good faith since they are serving fatherland. These corps members at this point have one thing in mind.. 'Accommodation!'
Most times, corpers spend between 50 to 180 thousand naira (my view) just for accommodation ALONE, whereas some find churches, mosques etc to stay in just to have a roof over their heads.
I'm appealing to the NYSC Board Members/Officials to please provide accommodation for all corps members before posting them to their place of primary assignment.

As I'm writing this post, the corpers posted to Obi in Nassarrawa state are complaining bitterly because they are in a standstill due to the communal clash there (May GOD Almighty help them). Some Lagos, Abuja and Port harcourt Corpers are also complaining because of the cost of accommodation there..
Please cater for the welfare of the corpers, your children, before sending them out to serve their fatherland.
Long Live NYSC,
Service and Humility.
Team Kano, B'14, Stream 2.
May God bless us all.
Re: A Crucial Matter NYSC Board Members Must Put In Place Before Deploying Graduates by emperorchedda(m): 1:43pm On Aug 28, 2014
You're spot on! But I advice every guy to lodge in a hotel for 5 to 7days while looking for an apartment. With that you can ffucck oloshos even before u fully start ur one year assignment and it will also help u get accustomed to all the bad bittches in the vicinity so u don't hv a rigorous time searching for them wen u get an apartment. Lol #nojokes

2 Likes

Re: A Crucial Matter NYSC Board Members Must Put In Place Before Deploying Graduates by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 28, 2014
emperorchedda: You're spot on! But I advice every guy to lodge in a hotel for 5 to 7days while looking for an apartment. With that you can ffucck oloshos even before u fully start ur one year assignment and it will also help u get accustomed to all the bad bittches in the vicinity so u don't hv a rigorous time searching for them wen u get an apartment. Lol #nojokes
U're a real badt guy.. But then, not all guys will buy into ur idea.. And what of the ladies, what will dey do?
Re: A Crucial Matter NYSC Board Members Must Put In Place Before Deploying Graduates by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 28, 2014
Let d govt hear our cries

(1) (Reply)

Why Not Be Self Employed? ( A Must Read) / 5 Things To Do After NYSC - Make Sure You See This! / How To Become Employed Within Just 4 To 8 Weeks Anywhere In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.