Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,674 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Along He Came. - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Along He Came. (38364 Views)

Along Came A Stranger . / Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. / She Came with Hope - A Fiction. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 11:35pm On Sep 03, 2014
Aipete2: Bose told u nw, nonentical girl
lols. But she didn't listen.
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 11:43pm On Sep 03, 2014
Aipete2: Bose told u nw, nonentical girl
lol. Abi oo. She didn't listen.
Re: Along He Came. by AudreyTimms(f): 9:23am On Sep 04, 2014
Hmmm.......

Weldone dear
Re: Along He Came. by seunviju(f): 9:41am On Sep 04, 2014
Deji you will regret hurting my bimbola.Tnx for the update
Re: Along He Came. by Aipete2(f): 9:59am On Sep 04, 2014
Oya come n update oh
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 11:32am On Sep 04, 2014
AudreyTimms: Hmmm.......

Weldone dear
Thank you so much audreytimms. And thanks for following the story too.
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 11:34am On Sep 04, 2014
Aipete2: Oya come n update oh
yes ma. I'm here already. *smiles* how are you?
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 11:42am On Sep 04, 2014
seunviju: Deji you will regret hurting my bimbola.Tnx for the update
shey?? He does not know the implication of what he's doing. Thank you so much for following the story too. *huggs*
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 11:44am On Sep 04, 2014
I broke free from her embrace and went straight to my room. I did what I knew how to do best. I slept. It was quiet surprising as I had so much going on in my head, yet I had a restful sleep.

The morning knocked softly. I woke up thinking about my plans for the future, as I was no longer alone. There was a baby coming. I wondered how I was going to tell my mum. I decided I was going to travel down to ibadan and notify my aunt. I was thirteen weeks gone, and my tummy was still flat. Not very, but I could still successfully hide the pregnancy. Sade bursted into my room, interrupting my plans.

"Iya ibeji." She joked. "Did you sleep well?"

"I did. I had a peaceful night rest." I replied her smiling. She was such a good friend. I blessed the day I met her at the orientation camp.

"So, what's your plan regards the ante natal clinic, buying baby stuffs and all?" She asked.

"I've not really given that a thought. I replied. I should travel home this weekend to tell my aunt sha. But mumsy? I don't know how to tell her."

"You have to tell her." She advised. "You don't have a choice in this oo."

"Tell her you said? I should tell her I'm pregnant, and the man responsible says he's not the one responsible? It will surely break her heart." I said shaking, my head.

"You really have to." She advised again. "But for the time being, are you fit enough to go for CDS today?" She asked.

"CDS?" I had totally forgotten it was a wednesday.

"Yes na." She said, and started walking towards the door. "Babe dress up oo. Time no dey, we suppose reach adegbemile before 10.00AM o." With that, she left my room.

Our CDS meetings were held at Adegbemile Cultural centre every wednesday. As a very active member of the CDS group, I couldn't afford to miss any meeting. I stood up from my bed and walked to the bathroom to start dressing up.

As I was stepping out of the bathroom, Gbade's call came in. He wanted so badly to see me. I was stunned. Why? I wondered. I gave him the description to my house, and prayed inwardly that my morning sickness won't let up when he comes.

"Who is that?" I heard Sade call out from the kitchen.
"Its me, Deji. Is Bimbo home?" Deji asked. I heard sade open the door, but prevented him from entering.

"What do you want this time?" She asked. I hid behind the curtains of my room and opened the door slightly so I could listen in into their conversation.
"Look, I don't have time for this. Please call back when you're more sane." Sade said. She was about to slam the door at his face when he held her back.

"Now listen to me sade. You tell her when you see her today, that she should think about all I told her yesterday before its too late. Give her these drugs to use, and ask her to follow the dosage instructions." With that he turned and left the house.

"What?" Sade was surprised. " This guy is really insane. What's this.? Drugs to get rid of the pregnancy? Orisirisi.". She hissed.

"Deji is something else." I said, walking towards sade. "I'll keep the drugs for future references."
There was a knock on the door again. I told sade to let me get it as I was sure it was Deji. I was wrong.

"Gbade." I exclamed. "What a surprise. I thought you wouldn't locate this place easily."

"Who was that man?" He asked. Apparently, he witnessed the whole event.

"My boyfriend, Deji." I replied.

"Are you pregnant?" He asked. I opened my mouth in shock.

"This man is one smart man." I thought to myself. I turned to him and gave him a reply.

"Yes. I am."

I was shocked when he pulled me to himself, and gave me a warm hug. I was lost. I wondered why he did that.
Re: Along He Came. by aprilwise(m): 1:10pm On Sep 04, 2014
He came along I guess he recused u.am following with keen interests
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 1:27pm On Sep 04, 2014
aprilwise: He came along I guess he recused u.am following with keen interests
lol. I wouldn't say that exactly. Please keep following as it unfolds smiley.
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 3:14pm On Sep 04, 2014
"What did you do that for?" I asked with a frown, withdrawing from his embrace.

"I heard every harsh word that guy said." He was looking forlorn now. "I'm sorry you don't deserve such a guy."

"Okay. Thank you." I hate pity. It nauseates me. As if on cue, my nausea came with full force. I left him still standing at the door way and ran to the bathroom to throw up.
Gbade offered to drop us at Adegbemile Cultural Centre Akure, the venue of our CDS meeting. I decided to put all my worries behind, and put my heart into the rehearsal. The dance was on me, and despite being three months pregnant, I still had the energy of a cocaine addict. Sade came by my side every now and then to caution my dance routines. I wouldn't blame her. She naturally has that caring streak in her.

Immediately after CDS, Bimpe and Sekinat came along with us to our house. I had earlier messaged the ladies via the social network that I was pregnant, and I also mentioned the rest of the details to them. As soon as Sade unlocked the door to let us in, Sekinat started her rage as usual.

"You are not getting rid of this pregnancy." Sekinat yelled.

"Seconded." Bimpe said calmly.
I looked on with renewed interest at my very dramatic friends. I loved their spirit and they way they handled the whole issue like I was their sister.

"Sincerely ladies, the guy is really something else." Sade said from the kitchen. We had stopped briefly at the market to buy some food stuffs and soup ingredients. Sade was busy cooking in the kitchen while I lazed on the sofa. As everything was beginning to irritate me, I couldn't cook.

"His actions this morning even put me off." She continued.

"What are we going to do now?" Bimpe asked again, calm as usual.

"I'm sure that his Ex has something to do with this." Sekinat said spitefully. "She must have taken your name to a traditional priest to disengage you both."

"Haaaaaaa!" The rest of us ladies exclamed at the same time.
"Seki!!!" Sade said. "Don't say that again. I strongly believe what is meant to be will find its way. Deji is merely insecure at the moment, he'll come back once his head is clear."

"And when will that be?" Bimpe asked. "As far as I am concerned, Bimbo, take your mind off this guy. Focus on service year and this pregnancy. For me ooo, you can always count on me." She reached for my hands and squeezed it.

I was touched. My eyes became glassy with tears. How did I ever deserve such wonderful friends I wondered. My mind drifted back to another challenge. How to tell my mother.

"Babes. I'll be travelling to Ibadan this friday, and I might stay for a couple of weeks." I informed them. " I need to figure out how to tell my mother."

"That's good." Bimpe said." What about CDS? And PPA?" She asked.

"School's on vacation till september." I said. " I intend to spend the rest of the holidays in Ibadan."

"CDS nko?" Sekinat asked.

"I spoke with Ifeanyi the CDS president. He said he'll cover up for me, that I should go ahead."

"What about your CDS card? How will you mark it?" Sade spoke this time.

"Its here. " I said, bringing it out from my bag. I handed it over to Sade. "You guys will help me give Ifeanyi who will mark it."

"And Mrs Daramola? You know she's banking on you for the dance routines." Sade spoke again. Mrs Daramola was our CDS officer, and she relied so much on me for the dance routines. The NYSC competitions were fast approaching. It was so important to her that we come out tops in the competition, and I didn't want to let her down. However, I needed a break.

I sighed. "I have no idea. But I taught Dupe some of the moves, I taught Sade the moves too, she'll teach you guys, and you guys in turn will help me out at rehearsals."

"Okay then." Sade said.
Suddenly my phone rang, it was my mum calling. I realised immediately how badly I miss her.

"Mummy." I said excitedly. "How are you?"

"I'm fine my dear." She replied. "When are you coming home? Its been a while you came."

"I was thinking this weekend before." I said. " But on a second thought the time is just 2:00PM, I'm coming right away."

"Okay darling." My mum said happily. "I'll be expecting you soon then. I miss you my baby."

"I miss you too mummy." I said and cut the call.

"Ladies. I'm travelling today." I announced to them.

"I thought you said weekend?" Sade asked.

"I changed my mind." I said, and stood up to prepare for the journey. I said a short prayer in my mind, and left the ladies in the sitting room.
Re: Along He Came. by Nobody: 5:54pm On Sep 04, 2014
Interesting.......I admire Bimbo's courage to keep the pregnancy.its not going to be easy on her.@Midie keep up the good work
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 6:03pm On Sep 04, 2014
preciousberry: Interesting.......I admire Bimbo's courage to keep the pregnancy.its not going to be easy on her.@Midie keep up the good work
I admire her courage too. She's inspiring. Thank you so much for taking time to go through the story ma'am.
Re: Along He Came. by seunviju(f): 8:17pm On Sep 04, 2014
This Deji has guts sha,no wahala o I go wait 4 am for front.welldone ma'am
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 8:25pm On Sep 04, 2014
seunviju: This Deji has guts sha,no wahala o I go wait 4 am for front.welldone ma'am
infact, I dey tell u. He's quiet an interesting character. Thanks. And how was your day?
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 9:23pm On Sep 04, 2014
"You must be a mad man! Are you on your lane?" I heard someone yell.
The noise so loud it woke me up from my sleep.
"Oloriburuku! You're driving aluminium you call it car. Idiot." The driver of the bus I boarded from akure to ibadan yelled back, hurling insults at the other offensive driver. I was already at Iwo road.

"Hmmm." I mused. I did a quick update of my BBM status. "Home Sweet Home." I had earlier messaged my brother to pick me up at the garage as I was very tired, and he was already waiting at the garage. He was so excited when he saw me, and I marveled at how tall he had grown.

During the drive home, my brother kept glancing side ways at me, as if he knew something was wrong. I wasn't good at hiding things, but I knew I had to do very well in hiding the pregnancy. At least for a short while. I really hope I would be able to pull off the pretense.

My mum wasn't home as at the time I got home. It was only myself and my younger brother. I come from a family of five. I'm the only lady and the first child in my family, and most times, I jokingly tell my friends I'm blessed among men. My immediate younger brother, a law student in the University of Ibadan sees himself as my body guard and P.A. My other brother, who is usually withdrawn from the crowd, was still in secondary school then and wasn't home. My mother who is a business woman wasn't home yet, and my father who is a gynaecologist wasn't in the country when I visited home. My family is a close knit one, and we're expected to share our secrets. However, I couldn't share mine, as it was heart breaking and nerve shattering.

" Bimbz." My brother okiki's voice echoed, interupting my thoughts. "What's wrong with you, you're really withdrawn."

"Nothing. " I lied.

"You're not good with lies oo. Can you just open your mouth and tell me what's going on?" He insisted.

"Nothing na." I lied again. "I just realised how much I miss home."

"Hmmm." He said. It was evident he found it difficult to believe what I said.

"Anyways, is aunty yemi still here?" I asked. Aunty yemi is my mum's sister. And a very nosy person, who prys into other people's affair. She wouldn't stop until she achieves her aim. She was my biggest challenge then, and I needed to devise a quick plan to be able to avoid her.

"Yes na." My brother said and shrugged. " Where do you expect us to keep her."

I laughed. It felt good to laugh at something that wasn't funny for a change.
I needed to get my other aunty lola's place, and tell her about the pregnancy, so we could brain storm and think of ways to tell my mum about the pregnancy. My aunt Lola is my favorite aunty, and also my mum's younger sister, but she was very different. A very understanding woman, who shows love to everyone irrespective of age, class, sex or social status.

"Do you still plan on going out?" I asked my brother.

"Nope. I'm home all day."
"Can I use the car then. I need to get some stuffs from aunty lola, and it can't wait." I lied again.

"Okay." He said, handing over the keys to me. "Be careful." He warned.

"Thanks dear. I'll be back soon."
With that, I left for my aunty's place.
Re: Along He Came. by seunviju(f): 9:40pm On Sep 04, 2014
MidieMeliss: infact, I dey tell u. He's quiet an interesting character. Thanks. And how was your day?
thank God o my dear and urs?
Re: Along He Came. by Aipete2(f): 10:00pm On Sep 04, 2014
Thanks bimbola me for keeping the baby. Deji u are so stewpid, i will nt respect u again. Sade, a friend in need is a friend indeed. Mummy, aunty lola n bimbo's family plz take it easy with her
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 7:39am On Sep 05, 2014
Nor mind the Deji jare. I pray her family really takes it easy on her. Such a sad event. Good Morning ma'am.
Re: Along He Came. by aprilwise(m): 9:00am On Sep 05, 2014
Only female child in a family getting pregnant outside wedlock nd d man in question refuses responsibility. It an heart breaking situation.
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 9:30am On Sep 05, 2014
aprilwise: Only female child in a family getting pregnant outside wedlock nd d man in question refuses responsibility. It an heart breaking situation.
its a really heart breaking situation.
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 9:31am On Sep 05, 2014
"If its not my favorite niece." Aunty lola said , hugging me.

"Good Evening small mummy. " I said returning her hug. Small mummy was a pet name I devised specially for her when I was a kid, and it kind of stuck. I was excited to see her, but I braced up for the coming challenge. How to tell her I was carrying a child.

We entered into her living room, and tiredness and dizziness over took me. I tried my best to gain balance, but it was too late, as I slumped to the ground already.

"Bimbola, Abimbola." I could hear faint voices calling my name, but I couldn't speak or lift my whole body. I felt heavy. Suddenly, I felt sprinkles of water all over me, and I woke up to life.

"Thank Jesus." Aunty lola said, breathing a sigh of relief. The events preceeding the fall started coming back gradually to my memory. I knew instantly my game was up.

"Just lay there for a while." I could hear her say. "We need to talk." She said with final authority.

"Small mummy." I finally found my voice to speak. "I'm pregnant."

She smiled. It came as a surprise to me as I expected her to scream, shout or do stuffs to show annoyance at me, but she didn't. Rather, she sat by me, and enveloped me in a hug. The tears started flowing freely now, and my sobs became audible.

"I don't know what to do." I said amidst sobs. " I don't know how to tell mummy, and daddy too. I've just messed up small mummy, I've messed up."

"Oh dear." Aunty lola said, trying her best to hide her tears to. "Calm down Bimbola, and talk to me." She ordered. I calmed down instantly, and looked directly in her eyes.

"Who is the man responsible for this?" She asked. I burst into tears again. Then I told her everything that transpired between myself and adedeji. She was speechless.

"You're mad at me, aren't you?" I asked.

"On the contrary. Next month, you'll be in your twenty fourth year. You're not too young to get pregnant." She said. " I'm just disappointed at the kind of man you chose to be with. He doesn't deserve you." She concluded.

"How are we going to tell mum?" I asked.

"I'll think about that. For the time being, keep hiding it, while a figure out a way to tell her. My sister is way emotional and you know her health status. I want us to thread gently." She held my hand in hers and said.

" I know this won't be easy, but its a hurdle we must jump, and I'm in this with you every step of the way."

The time was already nine 'o clock, and I needed to get going. I picked up the cars keys, straightened up my clothes, pecked my aunt and bade her good bye.
She wanted me to stay the night, but I felt it was important I went home that night as my mother hadn't seen me.

I had barely gotten to idi odo junction at challenge when Adedeji's call came in. I didn't want to pick at first, but on a second thought, I picked.

"You still haven't gotten rid of that pregnancy." He said accusingly.

"And what if I haven't?" I retorted.

"Then you're alone in this. Don't just call me, or come to me for anything."

"And who says I won't?" I was seething already. " I will call you when I put to bed, as you have a right to know. But for any other thing, I won't, you can count on that."

"That's a good decision, as I'm getting married next saturday." He said, shocking me to the bone marrows.

I was so shocked, I nearly hit the poles in front of pinnacles supermarket felele.

"Married?" I repeated over and over again. The tears started flowing freely again.
Re: Along He Came. by missKeri(f): 9:44am On Sep 05, 2014
Nice story..Following
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 9:49am On Sep 05, 2014
missKeri: Nice story..Following
Thank you so much.
Re: Along He Came. by chii8(f): 10:02am On Sep 05, 2014
O boi oooo,kasala oooo
Re: Along He Came. by Franasoan(f): 10:04am On Sep 05, 2014
What,,,dat deji is wicked.nyc story following bumper to bumper
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 11:04am On Sep 05, 2014
chii8: O boi oooo,kasala oooo

lols. I feel so sad for her too. I wonder if she'll survive it.
Re: Along He Came. by Aipete2(f): 11:04am On Sep 05, 2014
Deji o, balaaro ba ni ko da fun e,alale o ni gba. Balale ba de ni ko da fun taaro o ni gba. Osan o kan ni suwon fun e OMO ALE. Vexin n crying
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 11:05am On Sep 05, 2014
Franasoan: What,,,dat deji is wicked.nyc story following bumper to bumper
I also think he's a bit selfish too. Thank you for following. smiley
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 11:19am On Sep 05, 2014
Aipete2: Deji o, balaaro ba ni ko da fun e,alale o ni gba. Balale ba de ni ko da fun taaro o ni gba. Osan o kan ni suwon fun e OMO ALE. Vexin n crying
yeeeeee!!! See curse oooo... Please tamper justice with mercy na.
Re: Along He Came. by seunviju(f): 1:52pm On Sep 05, 2014
Huh,how do we knw who the true lovers are when most hide under the pretence of love.God dey sha

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

BISI - The Other Woman (SHORT) By Jon Doe / Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter / Maa Mi (a Poem For Women Of Substance Out There) By Badiru Kehinde

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.