Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,730 members, 7,809,800 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

Plagiarism On Nairaland - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Plagiarism On Nairaland (617 Views)

SERIOUSBABE AND CKLENT SHOULD BE SUED FOR PLAGIARISM.. (PIX) / Linda Ikeji : Another Case Of Plagiarism !!! / This Plagiarism Of Hatred Against Me Must End, Mods Or . . . (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Plagiarism On Nairaland by lebesgue(m): 7:27am On Aug 29, 2014
First, I would be remiss if I did not commend the authors of original threads on Nairaland. They are amongst the most important members of this community, for without them we would have nothing to converse about.

Whenever I come across an especially well-written and articulate thread on Nairaland, I always try to acquaint myself with the author, so I will peruse their posts and threads. In such case, after reading their posts, I often suspected that they did not write the article because the command of written English that they exhibited in their article was lacking therein, so I googled parts of the article, and lo and behold, I am directed to the original author. This is plagiarism. In fact, so many posters will dole out praise to the thread creator, thinking him or her to be the brain behind the beautiful piece, and the thread creator will revel in the glory of a piece that he or she did not create.

Seun and his moderators need to create rules that will explicitly dictate how to reference other people's works. I understand that the staff of this forum would be hard pressed to enforce such rules in all threads; however, these rules can---and should---be enforced for threads that appear on the front page.

I initially wanted to give a list of culprits, but I decided against it, because I believe that so many of them did not have bad intentions, but that they were simply ignorant. If you found out that someone else has taken credit for the work you did, you would be incensed, so in the spirit of fairness, we should all try to always allocate the right credit to whom it is due.

1 Like

Re: Plagiarism On Nairaland by Seun(m): 7:35am On Aug 29, 2014
This is a solved problem. Contact the literature section mods to ask for the solution.

1 Like 1 Share

(1)

Gunmen Who Attacked Schoolgirl campaigner Malala Arrested - Pakistan army / Let's Share Our Funny Exam Experience! / Is This Love? Guys We Need Some1 Like Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.