Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,621 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:51 AM

How A Christian's Faith Shook An Atheist - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How A Christian's Faith Shook An Atheist (1790 Views)

Renouncing My Christian Faith / The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria / Questions For Logic1 (if You Have Doubts Concerning The Christian Faith) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A Christian's Faith Shook An Atheist by benodic: 2:42pm On Aug 30, 2014
I tried my best to live a life of pure love as a Christian but I didn't succeed until I found ECKANKAR, The Religion of the Light and Sound of God. now giving love to all souls without discrimination is a second nature to me. and moreover I have come to understand the spiritual laws of life.

the funny aspect of it all is that even Christians that I have freely given love to will attack me and tell me that giving love to life will not guarantee my entry to heaven unless I accept Jesus as my saviour.

It makes me wonder whether Christians really study the bible. the story of who will make heaven is beautifully captured in the story of the Good samaritan
where a samaritan was able to tender to an injured man while a levi left him to die because the man is not a Jew.
the samaritan does not have to accept Jesus as his saviour to make heaven as his act of love alone is all the guarantee needed. love and love alone is the key to heaven and not your religion.
Re: How A Christian's Faith Shook An Atheist by TheBigUrban2: 2:46pm On Aug 30, 2014
benodic:
I tried my best to live a life of pure love as a Christian but I didn't succeed until I found ECKANKAR, The Religion of the Light and Sound of God. now giving love to all souls without discrimination is a second nature to me. and moreover I have come to understand the spiritual laws of life.

the funny aspect of it all is that even Christians that I have freely given love to will attack me and tell me that giving love to life will not guarantee my entry to heaven unless I accept Jesus as my saviour.

It makes me wonder whether Christians really study the bible. the story of who will make heaven is beautifully captured in the story of the Good samaritan
where a samaritan was able to tender to an injured man while a levi left him to die because the man is not a Jew.
the samaritan does not have to accept Jesus as his saviour to make heaven as his act of love alone is all the guarantee needed. love and love alone is the key to heaven and not your religion.

Gerrout with your cult.

Eckankar ni, Sri lanka ko....mtchew

1 Like

Re: How A Christian's Faith Shook An Atheist by plaetton: 3:12pm On Aug 30, 2014
PastorOluT:

This is very funny I tell u, u disagree?

She said it herself that it was through her faith she could accomplish all that n u disagree with her, I want to belive she knows herself better than anyone else. It is either u agree with what she does which is the expression of her faith or not.

Haven't u heard of people that their lives changed drastically as a result of encountering Christ (well I am one of them). Though everyone has some good in him, bt hey, no one turn saint over night that can only come from an encounter.

I am talking about inner character, not the outer camouflage of carrying a bible and going church.

A selfish, greedy or envious person will always and always remain so no matter how many encounters with Christ.
The so-called encountes with Christ are simply a convenient camouflage to hide one's innate and always-present Darwinian nature.

I know a lot of very good people who happen to be Christian, as well as very bad people who happen to be Christian.

If we were to measure and rate religions on the basis of the quality of their moral outputs, then Christianity would surely rank lowest, taking Nigeria as a sample.

2 Likes

Re: How A Christian's Faith Shook An Atheist by LordReed(m): 8:58pm On Aug 30, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

Definitely not abandon him to a mad woman to use for money begging.

And your preferred option would be to euthanize the child right?
Re: How A Christian's Faith Shook An Atheist by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:27pm On Aug 30, 2014
LordReed:

And your preferred option would be to euthanize the child right?

No.

You leave the child alone. It either survives or dies. Nature is great.
Re: How A Christian's Faith Shook An Atheist by LordReed(m): 8:59am On Aug 31, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

No.

You leave the child alone. It either survives or dies. Nature is great.

You mean starve it?
Re: How A Christian's Faith Shook An Atheist by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:05am On Aug 31, 2014
LordReed:

You mean starve it?

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is your heart full of evil?

You don't starve a child. Just don't do anything you wouldn't do if he is not handicapped.

1 Like

Re: How A Christian's Faith Shook An Atheist by LordReed(m): 9:19am On Aug 31, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is your heart full of evil?

You don't starve a child. Just don't do anything you wouldn't do if he is not handicapped.

What are those things? As far as I know you practically have to do everything for a child disabled or not, so what exactly are you talking about?
Re: How A Christian's Faith Shook An Atheist by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:48am On Aug 31, 2014
LordReed:

What are those things? As far as I know you practically have to do everything for a child disabled or not, so what exactly are you talking about?

No you don't.

Some disabled babies need machines to breath. Your baby doesn't need you to breath.

Many toddlers and young children can take care of themselves in many ways. Run, walk, play, sing without your help. Stop helping disabled children.
Re: How A Christian's Faith Shook An Atheist by LordReed(m): 9:53am On Aug 31, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

No you don't.

Some disabled babies need machines to breath. Your baby doesn't need you to breath.

Many toddlers and young children can take care of themselves in many ways. Run, walk, play, sing without your help. Stop helping disabled children.

Not providing breathing aid is different from euthanasia how? Not feeding a child who cannot feed itself is different from starving it how?
Re: How A Christian's Faith Shook An Atheist by LordReed(m): 10:03am On Aug 31, 2014
@AlfaSeltzer

Quick question, if you discover you have a genetic transferable disease condition that will cripple you in 6 months what would be your wish?

A) To be left alone to fend for yourself.

or

B) To be cared for.
Re: How A Christian's Faith Shook An Atheist by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:18am On Aug 31, 2014
LordReed: @AlfaSeltzer

Quick question, if you discover you have a genetic transferable disease condition that will cripple you in 6 months what would be your wish?

A) To be left alone to fend for yourself.

or

B) To be cared for.

A.

Whether I have a disease or not, leave me alone.
Re: How A Christian's Faith Shook An Atheist by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:20am On Aug 31, 2014
LordReed:

Not providing breathing aid is different from euthanasia how? Not feeding a child who cannot feed itself is different from starving it how?

One is passive, the other is active. Nature takes care of passive situations. We humans just like to meddle thinking we are better than nature. It makes feel good just like hard drugs make us feel good, but it only ends in our detriment.

1 Like

Re: How A Christian's Faith Shook An Atheist by LordReed(m): 10:22am On Aug 31, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

A.

Whether I have a disease or not, leave me alone.

Very good. I also suppose your don't seek medical aid or any type of aid when you are ill, you let nature run it's course right?
Re: How A Christian's Faith Shook An Atheist by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:24am On Aug 31, 2014
LordReed:

Very good. I also suppose your don't seek medical aid or any type of aid when you are ill, you let nature run it's course right?

[size=14pt]I[/size] do. Me. me. me.

Nobody else does it for me. That's the difference.
Re: How A Christian's Faith Shook An Atheist by LordReed(m): 10:26am On Aug 31, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

One is passive, the other is active. Nature takes care of passive situations. We humans just like to meddle thinking we are better than nature. It makes feel good just like hard drugs make us feel good, but it only ends in our detriment.

LoL! I suppose you resent your parents for saving you from the childhood diseases that could have crippled you by "actively" giving you immunizations at the hospital yes?
Re: How A Christian's Faith Shook An Atheist by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:28am On Aug 31, 2014
LordReed:

LoL! I suppose you resent your parents for saving you from the childhood diseases that could have crippled you by "actively" giving you immunizations at the hospital yes?

No. That is a normal thing to do for any child. If I was blind or crippled, I would have resented them if they gave me extra help they wouldn't have a normal child.
Re: How A Christian's Faith Shook An Atheist by LordReed(m): 10:29am On Aug 31, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

[size=14pt]I[/size] do. Me. me. me.

Nobody else does it for me. That's the difference.

OK you intervene in nature's course by yourself no one else is allowed to do it for you, so you are free to take drugs that intervene in nature's course but no one should give another person yes?
Re: How A Christian's Faith Shook An Atheist by LordReed(m): 10:30am On Aug 31, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

No. That is a normal thing to do for any child. If I was blind or crippled, I would have resented them if they gave me extra help they wouldn't have a normal child.

LoL! How is an active preventive care different from an active intervening care?
Re: How A Christian's Faith Shook An Atheist by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:31am On Aug 31, 2014
However, on the topic of immunisation, I believe that the human race in general would better of healthwise today if immunisation was never invented.
Re: How A Christian's Faith Shook An Atheist by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:32am On Aug 31, 2014
LordReed:

LoL! How is an active preventive care different from an active intervening care?

It isn't. We shouldn't have done it. But we are doing it today and being humans we consider it a progress so it will be extremely hard to undo. Pity.
Re: How A Christian's Faith Shook An Atheist by LordReed(m): 10:42am On Aug 31, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

It isn't. We shouldn't have done it. But we are doing it today and being humans we consider it a progress so it will be extremely hard to undo. Pity.

The only way that would have happened is if humans didn't have intelligence so is it your opinion that we should have been unintelligent instead?
Re: How A Christian's Faith Shook An Atheist by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:48am On Aug 31, 2014
LordReed:

The only way that would have happened is if humans didn't have intelligence so is it your opinion that we should have been unintelligent instead?

This is the typical xtian bible reasoning. Calling black white.

Look, if humans were intelligent, they wouldn't meddle with nature. What you call intelligence is actually foolishness which end up hurting us.
Re: How A Christian's Faith Shook An Atheist by krayzieklay(m): 11:10am On Aug 31, 2014
frank317:

i dont believe you, i dont want to see you as a lair. but the fact is that so many Christians not do act like this woman. there is no denying that fact the living such a life is part of the christian teachings. but how realistic are they.

The problem with Christianity and many other religions is that they preach love and care for humanity and still counter it, making it difficult to be achieved. Yes, how can love for humanity be achieved when, religious teachings comes with threats (earthly and eternal punishments), calling of unbelivers fools, claiming superiority of belief, asking one not to be equally yoked with unbelievers, making them believe he/she is specially loved by the same God who created every human, thinking he/she is alive and healthy because God loves him more than the dead or sick or because he is sinless (however that is possible, i dont know).

most religions unconsciously promotes selfishness, segregation, self righteousness, harmful superiority complex, hipocricy, deception, forced kindness and projected self hatred.

the fact is that any christian who is able to achieve what the woman above achieve actually took some bold steps away from in-dept religious teachings. Its takes one's personality and learning to achieve love for humanity and not religion or relationship with Christ.

Summary: "With or without religion, you will have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things,that takes religion" _Steven Weinberg.

1 Like

Re: How A Christian's Faith Shook An Atheist by LordReed(m): 11:14am On Aug 31, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

This is the typical xtian bible reasoning. Calling black white.

Look, if humans were intelligent, they wouldn't meddle with nature. What you call intelligence is actually foolishness which end up hurting us.

And typical antireligious bigotry, calling simple intellectual discussion christian bible reasoning.

In your estimation you are a fool for taking medicine or using medical care? Yet you want to denigrate my reasoning? SMH at the gull!
Re: How A Christian's Faith Shook An Atheist by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:19pm On Aug 31, 2014
LordReed:

And typical antireligious bigotry, calling simple intellectual discussion christian bible reasoning.

In your estimation you are a fool for taking medicine or using medical care? Yet you want to denigrate my reasoning? SMH at the gull!

I can see this "discussion" degenerating because a religious person cannot accept another person's point of view and always resorts to insults (or threats) when confronted with superior reasoning.

1 Like

Re: How A Christian's Faith Shook An Atheist by LordReed(m): 4:33pm On Aug 31, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

I can see this "discussion" degenerating because a religious person cannot accept another person's point of view and always resorts to insults (or threats) when confronted with superior reasoning.

Pure hypocritical nonsense! Wasn't it you who accused me of christian bible reasoning first?

"Superior reasoning" is to call denying a child breathing support "not euthanasia". "Superior reasoning" is to call not feeding a child who can't feed itself "not starvation".

Superior reasoning indeed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want To Do Money Ritual / Conversations With Christians: Morality / What I Saw In Church Of Satan Video And Pictures.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.