Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,294 members, 7,954,168 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:35 PM

Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. (6121 Views)

Trailer Crushes Police Vehicle On Aba-Owerri Road (Photos) / 4 Unusual Things That Can Only Happen In Aba / Tanker Explosion Around MCC-Abayi In Aba This Morning (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by chinasaekperem: 1:21pm On Aug 29, 2014
as far as am concerned, aba is the most viable city in southeast, only if God can kill the likes of TA orji in abia state.

2 Likes

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by RareDiamond: 1:34pm On Aug 29, 2014
Nice Job Chinasa. We have seen areas that are bad and dirty in Aba but no good areas in other threads. This thread have shown that Aba just like other cities in the World have their good sides and bad sides. THE WORLD SHOULD KNOW THAT ALL OF ABA IS NOT SLUM. Abia State would have been better off if they had a performing and unbiased governor. I wish Abia State well.
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by ketoprofen(m): 1:45pm On Aug 29, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
Yea, that's why you should have read my previous post. I never argued that Aba has neat sides. This are our major roads, they don't have a choice than to be neat.

Aba is not really as dirty as dey paint it tho...but it's dirty.

E don do biko.
We are telling u we didn't know these parts existed.
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by RareDiamond: 1:57pm On Aug 29, 2014
Collynzo16:
My problem is not the title of the thread or the OP, I was even ''liking'' some of the pictures until I started seeing comments suggesting that the dirty pictures of Aba are fake. There is no dirtier city in Nigeria than Aba.
This is not the time to relax or pretend, Aba must be made better.

I AM SURPRISED THAT YOU COULD MAKE SUCH A DUM.B AND UNFORTUNATE COMMENT OF ABA. YES SOME PART OF ABA IS DIRTY AND GOV THEODORE ORJI DON'T DESERVE ANY RESPECT AND PRAISE BUT THAT DOESN'T MAKE ABA THE MOST DIRTY CITY IN NIGERIA. NEVER !!! ABA IS FAR NEATER THAN SOME CITIES IN NIGERIA . SOME PEOPLE NEVER KNEW ABA HAVE SOME AREAS THAT ARE BEAUTIFUL BECAUSE OF THE VOLUME OF WRONG INFORMATION AND UNBALANCED REPORTING. WE SHOULD NOT SET OUR HOUSE ON FIRE BECAUSE WE WANT TO KILL A RAT. ABA WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER AND NEATER UNDER GOOD LEADERSHIP. YES WE AGREE !!! BUT TO SAY ABA IS THE MOST DIRTY CITY IN NIGERIA IS A MALICIOUS FALLACY AND LIE THAT SHOULD BE VIEWED AS AN ACT OF WICKEDNESS AND IGNORANCE .

BELOW ARE PICTURES OF IBADAN. YET THE PEOPLE OF THAT AREA DON'T BLOW THEIR WORST DIRTY CONDITIONS OUT OF PROPORTION

3 Likes

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by chinasaekperem: 1:59pm On Aug 29, 2014
RareDiamond:

I AM SURPRISED THAT YOU COULD MAKE SUCH A DUM.B AND UNFORTUNATE COMMENT OF ABA. YES SOME PART OF ABA IS DIRTY AND GOV THEODORE ORJI DON'T DESERVE ANY RESPECT AND PRAISE BUT THAT DOESN'T MAKE ABA THE MOST DIRTY CITY IN NIGERIA. NEVER !!! ABA IS FAR NEATER THAN SOME CITIES IN NIGERIA . SOME PEOPLE NEVER KNEW ABA HAVE SOME AREAS THAT ARE BEAUTIFUL BECAUSE OF THE VOLUME OF WRONG INFORMATION AND UNBALANCED REPORTING. WE SHOULD NOT SET OUR HOUSE ON FIRE BECAUSE WE WANT TO KILL A RAT. ABA WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER AND NEATER UNDER GOOD LEADERSHIP. YES WE AGREE !!! BUT TO SAY ABA IS THE MOST DIRTY CITY IN NIGERIA IS A MALICIOUS FALLACY AND LIE THAT SHOULD BE VIEWED AS AN ACT OF WICKEDNESS AND IGNORANCE .

BELOW ARE PICTURES OF IBADAN. YET THE PEOPLE OF THAT AREA DON'T BLOW THEIR WORST DIRTY CONDITIONS OUT OF PROPORTION
he should take a walk to makoko in lagos.
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by chinasaekperem: 2:04pm On Aug 29, 2014
no place in nigeria is slumless (this is not an excuse for TA orji).

3 Likes

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by Collynzo16: 2:20pm On Aug 29, 2014
RareDiamond:

My statements aren't based on what I read on websites but what I have seen with my 3 eyes. I have meen to many cities including the Ibadan you mentioned (several times) and I still say Aba is the dirtiest in Nigeria.
If you like bury your head in the sand, it is your business.
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 29, 2014
chinasaekperem: as far as am concerned, aba is the most viable city in southeast, only if God can kill the likes of TA orji in abia state.
Yea, you are very right. The town has potentials, but T.Orji just killed our career...but it's well.
ketoprofen:

E don do biko.
We are telling u we didn't know these parts existed.
Lol, e done do for you kwa...hahaha
How exactly would you guys tink the town is all dirt. How we come take dey survive?
We for done die of various illness na...
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by Collynzo16: 2:24pm On Aug 29, 2014
chinasaekperem: he should take a walk to makoko in lagos.
There are slums hidden somewhwere in almost every city, but that of Aba is different; you are greeted by filth whether you are entering from the left or from the right. You can fall sick by just driving through there alone.

2 Likes

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by chinasaekperem: 2:30pm On Aug 29, 2014
Collynzo16:
There are slums hidden somewhwere in almost every city, but that of Aba is different; you are greeted by filth whether you are entering from the left or from the right. You can fall sick by just driving through there alone.
i no wan laugh abeg, i know, TA orji is to be held responsible.

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by RareDiamond: 2:52pm On Aug 29, 2014
Collynzo16:
My statements aren't based on what I read on websites but what I have seen with my 3 eyes. I have meen to many cities including the Ibadan you mentioned (several times) and I still say Aba is the dirtiest in Nigeria.
If you like bury your head in the sand, it is your business.

WHETHER GOATS LIKE YOU ACCEPT IT OR NOT ABA HAVE SOME GOOD AREAS AND MANY OF US HERE ARE SURPRISED BY THE PICTURES WE HAVE SEEN AND WE ARE GRATEFUL TO THE OP FOR SHOWING TO THE WORLD THAT ABA HAVE SOME GOOD AREAS AND IS NOT AS BAD AS WE HAVE THOUGHT. ABA IS NOT THE MOST DIRTY CITY OF NIGERIA.
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by Collynzo16: 2:57pm On Aug 29, 2014
RareDiamond: .

WHETHER GOATS LIKE YOU ACCEPT IT OR NOT ABA HAVE SOME GOOD AREAS AND MANY OF US HERE ARE SURPRISED BY THE PICTURES WE HAVE SEEN AND WE ARE GRATEFUL TO THE OP FOR SHOWING TO THE WORLD THAT ABA HAVE SOME GOOD AREAS AND IS NOT AS BAD AS WE HAVE THOUGHT. ABA IS NOT THE MOST DIRTY CITY OF NIGERIA.
Can you name the city that is dirtier than Aba in Nigeria? Fools like you are the reasons wht T.A Orji was able to rule Abia for 8 years despite doing absolutely nothing.
You are a perpertual slave
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by jibsai(m): 3:01pm On Aug 29, 2014
RareDiamond:

I AM SURPRISED THAT YOU COULD MAKE SUCH A DUM.B AND

U shouldn't have brought ibadan into dz, dat school boy is in osun state that's d general uniform of junior secondary sku in osun, other pics are from lagos....we do not have fishing houses and island in ibadan....you are in anyway informed...local champion

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by RareDiamond: 3:01pm On Aug 29, 2014
Greenfield to build new industrial cluster for leather works manufacturers in Aba
March 20, 2014 | Filed under: Company News | Author: GODFREY OFURUM
Tweet 8

The dream of shoe makers and other leather work manufacturers in Aba, Abia State to produce in a good environment has received a boost, as Greenfield Assets Limited, an Infrastructure development firm, has decided to build a new industrial cluster for the group in the commercial city.

The leather works manufacturers, on the aegis of Leather Products Manufacturers Association of Abia State (LEPMAS), comprising of Shoe makers, belt and bag manufacturers, approached Greenfield Assets to build a new cluster for them, a request BusinessDay gathered has been accepted by the developer.

Greenfield also announced plans to designate a purpose built block for leather manufacturers at the Aba Mega Mall, currently under construction at Osisioma area of Aba, to promote leather products made in the area.

Ugo Umeseaka, managing director, Aba Mega Mall, at a recently held leather manufacturers stakeholders meeting in Aba, reiterated the intention of Greenfield Assets to enhance the acceptance of leather products made in Aba.

According to him, the quality of the leather products in Aba is high and so, there is need for the world to come in contact with these products and give it the much needed acceptance.

Meanwhile, Ken Anyanwu, secretary, Association of Leather and Allied Industrialists of Nigeria (ALAIN), has observed that shoe industry can generate N640 billion annually if Nigerians patronise locally made products.

Anyanwu, in an interview with BusinessDay in Aba, revealed that the Aba shoe cluster produces about 320 million shoes annually and could generate N640 billion worth of business for the manufacturers, if Nigerians buy two pairs of locally made shoes at the cost of N2, 000 for a pair.

On how he arrived at the data, Anyanwu said, “We didn’t go into details, but simply put, an average of two pairs of shoes at N2, 000 per pair, would give us N640 billion of business done in the sector.

“And if Nigerians hearken to our call and buy two pairs of shoes per annum, I tell you, there would be food on the table of many Nigerians that feed from this sector,” he affirmed.

He explained that the data currently used for policy and advocacy in the leather sector are mere estimates, stressing that no accurate and verifiable information on the activities of the sector are available for use.

These include finished leather goods needed by Nigeria annually, finished leather produced and exported from Nigeria annually, Nigeria’s finished leather goods production capacity, quantity of products exported from the country and the accurate number of persons engaged in production in the sector.

The Aba leather cluster said to be the biggest in West Africa, with about 40,000 people directly engaged in the manufacture of shoes, belts and bags and a production capacity of about one million pairs of shoes per week, produces for local and international markets.

http://businessdayonline.com/2014/03/greenfield-to-build-new-industrial-cluster-for-leather-works-manufacturers-in-aba/#.VACFkmMjIdU
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by RareDiamond: 3:06pm On Aug 29, 2014
Collynzo16:
Can you name the city that is dirtier than Aba in Nigeria? Fools like you are the reasons wht T.A Orji was able to rule Abia for 8 years despite doing absolutely nothing.

I AM NOT A PERPERTUAL SLAVE. GOD FORBID !!! I GUESS I HAVE TO ABANDON YOU TO YOUR IGNORANCE

1 Like

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by omenka(m): 3:07pm On Aug 29, 2014
UltraMusicGroup: this is unbiased reporting...thot all of aba was so dilapidated...we all know that so many parts of Lagos too are so messed up
Are you sure you know the meaning of that

1 Like

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 29, 2014
Aba!

IMO one of the few cities in Nigeria with good human potential. I say this as a non-abian, by the way.

Side note...Igbos and Nigerians at large need more people with skills in urban/regional planning.

I think the core SE region presents a virgin opportunity to exercise innovations in creating mega cities....for teeming, vibrant populations confined to a relatively small space.
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by RareDiamond: 3:15pm On Aug 29, 2014
Chinese firm to manufacture electrical appliances in Aba

By Abel Orukpe - Lagos

Chairman of Slok Group, Dr. Orji Kalu, said the organisation has reached a deal with Toro, a company based in China to manufacture refrigerators, air conditioners and other electrical appliances in Aba, Abia State.

He made this known while speaking to journalists at the international wing of the Murtala Muhammed Airport (MMA), Lagos, shortly on arrival from the United Arab Emirates (UAE) at the weekend.

Kalu also said that Slok in collaboration with Toro Company will establish aluminum manufacturing factory in the Eastern part of the country to provide jobs for Nigerians, adding that hopefully by April, the company will start operations.

The Slok boss stated that he wants to build Small and Medium Scale Enterprises, stressing that his intention is to make Aba a manufacturing hub.

“What I have decided to do is to continue to build small and medium scale industry. This year, we are going to build a factory in the East, it’s going to start running by April. This is going to be an aluminum manufacturing company and we are hoping that by December or April 2015, the Toro Group handset, fridge, air conditioners, electronic appliances and the others will be manufactured out of Abia State. I want to go back to Aba and make it the manufacturing hub it used to be.”

He added by so doing, he would have created jobs for teeming Nigerians, adding that a situation where able Nigerians are seeing begging when they are supposed to be working is not the best.

According to him, “We are dedicated to it and we are not going back on it because the Nigerian people need jobs. They don’t need all these grammars and abuses in the papers by the politicians. They need jobs and that is what we should give them. You come to our airports and you will see a lot of people begging for alms, which is not good for the image of the country. These people should be working in the industries and gainfully employed. I feel the pains to the Nigerian people.”

On the capacity of Toro Group, he said that the group is a large manufacturing company in China, adding that the same air conditioners produced by a particular company in China are being marketed by World Mart in America.

He posited that when these appliances are produced here in Nigeria, the products will be cheaper, adding that apart from covering the entire Africa, the product are going to be world class.

On the cost of this project, he said that it has not been worked out, but that it is going to cost millions of dollars, pointing out that consultants were already working to determine the cost of the project.

He said, “We are going to approach the African Nexim Bank, they are coming with us; we are going to appraise the African Development Bank (ADB) and also, local banks that wish to participate will come onboard. It’s a fairly deal to do, we need to bring back a sense of entrepreneurship to people of Nigeria.”

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/01/chinese-firm-to-manufacture-electrical-appliances-in-aba/
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by Collynzo16: 3:23pm On Aug 29, 2014
^^^ You don't need to post links to convince anyone, We all know the industrial capability and potentials of Aba, that is why we are angry that the city has been held back by bad roads and poor waste management. Thankfully, the aspect of insecurity has been dealt with to a manageable extent.
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 29, 2014
____
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 29, 2014
BadBoy25: Impressive!

shocked

I have never seen your moniker say anything positive about ANY Nigerian city. Did you smoke hashish today?
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by ACM10: 3:29pm On Aug 29, 2014
Encouraging pics coming from Aba. The government should fix the bad roads immediately.

1 Like

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 29, 2014
RareDiamond please dont spoil this thread.lets leave Ibadan or Osun out of this.
Most times people judge by what the have seen not just by pictures in the internet. I don't blame Collynzo16 because likewise me the day I visited Aba for the first time(Ngwa road) I was disappointed, Though I later saw the good part of it sha.
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by ketoprofen(m): 4:24pm On Aug 29, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
Yea, you are very right. The town has potentials, but T.Orji just killed our career...but it's well.

Lol, e done do for you kwa...hahaha
How exactly would you guys tink the town is all dirt. How we come take dey survive?
We for done die of various illness na...

y I no go think that way, when u came to the good thread of Aba and started bashing it all over again.
U really don't know the power of the media
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by Nobody: 4:41pm On Aug 29, 2014
ketoprofen:

y I no go think that way, when u came to the good thread of Aba and started bashing it all over again.
U really don't know the power of the media
I said the good na, then reminded them of the bad...person wey open thread no dey for Aba. shey na my brake pad dey spoil every month? Na we dey suffer am na...

No vex you hear, if you come again. Holla me, I would show you the fine part. It's not like everywhere is dirty, our problem is just waste management and Aba people too stubborn. Them no dey hear word @allll.
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 29, 2014
If there is a city that I love the most, that city is Aba, a city of creativity, a city that has produced and producing Billionaires like Okaka Ojoto Chief Annie Okonkwo, Okebili Jombo, Tonimas, J U Udeagbala Orji Uzor, Kalu Uche,Ik Uche,Okey Jetworld Umbrella, Ruffcoin nwa Aba and DikeOha nwa Aba etc. I love Aba inspite of it challenges.
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 29, 2014
jibsai:

U shouldn't have brought ibadan into dz, dat school boy is in osun state that's d general uniform of junior secondary sku in osun, other pics are from lagos....we do not have fishing houses and island in ibadan....you are in anyway informed...local champion

Bro, that picture predates aregbesola in osun and osun definitely does not have any place like that, all those pictures are from lagos.
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by 1ReBoRn: 5:12pm On Aug 29, 2014
Rarediamond, you want to start what you cant finish. Why posting a so called Ibadan pics on ABA thread, i hope you won't cry to the mod when we start. Please, leave Ibadan or SW out of your thread.

Thanks. cool

1 Like

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by ketoprofen(m): 5:20pm On Aug 29, 2014
Collynzo16:

Some parts of Ibadan, Lagos are like that.
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by ketoprofen(m): 5:24pm On Aug 29, 2014
chinasaekperem: no place in nigeria is slumless (this is not an excuse for TA orji).

ride on biko
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by obayaya(m): 5:29pm On Aug 29, 2014
priscaoge:
Exactly my dear. Aba/Owerri road is messed. Osisioma is phurcked up,Park road is seriously bad. Portharcort road is bad as well. These pictures were all taken during dry season

The entry points into Aba are all messed up. And that goes a long way in painting Aba as a messed up city. The good parts notwithstanding.

1 Like

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by Kponkwem(m): 5:30pm On Aug 29, 2014
At the root of criticism for Aba by most Igbo Nls is their abhorrence for half measures and incompetence. The Igbo are a great people and brood no failures or excuses. That puts their leaders and their citizens under a lot of pressures even when all has not totally gone bizarre.

That apart, I don’t see how you count 10 finest and most important cities in Nigeria without adding Aba. The Europeans in pre-independence Nigeria, Michael Okpara in the 1960s, Dee Sam Mbakwe in the 80s and others at least did great jobs for the city.

Up ENYIMBA, The home of the peoples elephants, the only city that broke the jinx of Nigeria Champions league woes effortlessly, back-to-back! The only city that accomplishes Nigeria’s technological foot-drag! The State of the Small Londoners!

Abia ga-adimma, Onweghi ihe mega, no lili!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

* / Owerri: The Beautiful City Without Brown Roofs / Would you want to leave Nigeria and why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.