Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. (6035 Views)

Trailer Crushes Police Vehicle On Aba-Owerri Road (Photos) / 4 Unusual Things That Can Only Happen In Aba / Tanker Explosion Around MCC-Abayi In Aba This Morning (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 29, 2014
priscaoge:
Exactly my dear. Aba/Owerri road is messed. Osisioma is phurcked up,Park road is seriously bad. Portharcort road is bad as well. These pictures were all taken during dry season
Thank you, there is no part of Aba that doesn't seem neat during the dry season. It only tends to be very dusty, na during rainy season the real color dey come out. If you wanna get a degree of neatness in Abia state, that should be in Umuahia.
Aba people are dirty, it's not about the town, it's the inhabitants.
The town is a commercial area, generates a lot of refuse, these refuse are not properly managed. So u see people resolving to different indiscriminate means to manage it.

2 Likes

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by Collynzo16: 11:44am On Aug 29, 2014
kettykin:

you are quite right about the dirty areas, but the previous posters did not balance their views about Aba , people at a time were scared stiff about Aba. Aba has its good side and bad side just like any other city in Nigeria the bad parts of Lagos and Abuja are even worse than the bad parts of Aba.

like someone said if the Abia/Aba Government is appreciated for doing some good , they might be motivated to even do better , unlike the present attitude of painting them gross black even though there are some few good projects to their credit
Arysexy:

I like ur frankness but it's good to balance views, I av not been to Aba before and the bad pictures and news that has circulated on NL erroneously shaped my view about the city, now I have seen the good sides .

There is no nyash without some shit particles, even Lagos has slum and bad roads, let's stop bad mouthing ABA, though the governor needs to sit up.
This is exactly what I don't want to hear ''every city has its own slum'', believe me, that of Aba cannot be compared to any of those places you mentioned, your skin begins to crawl the moment you step into the city, that is how bad it is.
I can't think of any other place as bad as that in Nigeria.
Pretending will not help anyone.

2 Likes

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by ketoprofen(m): 11:46am On Aug 29, 2014
Kachisbarbie: I stay in Aba. These pics are real -truetalk.
But please, Aba is messed up.
I can see Aba/owerri road
-Ekenna
-Azikwe/Asa road
-that Enitona/Tonimas side, that road leading to PZ (Eziama GRA), is good because, PZ is situated there, that's actually where I live and I know the streets that flank it to the left/right are messed up too
-the road leading to Ahia ohuru, can't rem what is called, smooth road but very small.
These pictures must have been taken during the dry season, because we all know how Aba is now. Lets not pretend about it
-you see that Abia poly side, I used the speed I used last 2weeks to pass it yesterday, my bumper never recover till now.

I'm not saying Aba doesn't have good sides, but the bad pass the good.

So u will rather we pretend Aba is all unsightly?
Some of the pix were taken after rains, look closely.
These pix are better than some of the good sides Lagos, abuja, Enugu, calabar, not to talk of their bad sides.
I was once in Umuahia but I couldn't go to Aba, the China of west Africa.
Why?
NL info and pix.
Thank God I know better, that's why I want to know the names so that I can always go there
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by ketoprofen(m): 11:48am On Aug 29, 2014
Collynzo16:

This is exactly what I don't want to hear ''every city has its own slum'', believe me, that of Aba cannot be compared to any of those places you mentioned, your skin begins to crawl the moment you step into the city, that is how bad it is.
I can't think of any other place as bad as that in Nigeria.
Pretending will not help anyone.

Read the title of the thread, u will see that you are making noise over nothing
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by Collynzo16: 11:48am On Aug 29, 2014
Arysexy: What Aba needs is a little cosmetic touch,.just do the roads, beautify the streets lights and good landscaping, the inhabitants have already given the city some aesthetic look with buildings.

This is why I support my state govnor in his effort to make onitsha look clean.
That is exactly what is needed, this is not the time to start showing some so called ''good parts of Aba'' with elections coming up.
It is the time to remind Aba and Abia people in general why they need to vote wisely and defend their votes to the end.

1 Like

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by priscaoge(f): 11:49am On Aug 29, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
Thank you, there is no part of Aba that doesn't seem neat during the dry season. It only tends to be very dusty, na during rainy season the real color dey come out. If you wanna get a degree of neatness in Abia state, that should be in Umuahia.
Aba people are dirty, it's not about the town, it's the inhabitants.
The town is a commercial area, generates a lot of refuse, these refuse are not properly managed. So u see people resolving to different indiscriminate means to manage it.
Umuahia is always neat both during raining season n dry season. Here in Aba, the inhabitants behave they way they want. Throwing a refuse in gutters n littering the street. I was having a conversation with someone last week @Jubilee n d guy was like..."Aba is a business area,that's what u get when u live in the midst of busniess men n women". Seriously those living in Aba sometimes don't help matters.

2 Likes

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by Collynzo16: 11:52am On Aug 29, 2014
ketoprofen:

Read the title of the thread, u will see that you are making noise over nothing
My problem is not the title of the thread or the OP, I was even ''liking'' some of the pictures until I started seeing comments suggesting that the dirty pictures of Aba are fake. There is no dirtier city in Nigeria than Aba.
This is not the time to relax or pretend, Aba must be made better.
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 29, 2014
ketoprofen:

So u will rather we pretend Aba is all unsightly?
Some of the pix were taken after rains, look closely.
These pix are better than some of the good sides Lagos, abuja, Enugu, calabar, not to talk of their bad sides.
I was once in Umuahia but I couldn't go to Aba, the China of west Africa.
Why?
NL info and pix.
Thank God I know better, that's why I want to know the names so that I can always go there
Did you see any where I said Aba is all bad Sir?
I spent 16yrs of my life in Lagos
-6 in Umuahia/Abia
-1 in Aba.
I can categorically say Aba is messed up. End of discussion. The only thing that I love bout this town is it's industrial, the money that Ariaria generates in a day, I mean cash, I'm not sure Balogun/Alaba mkt can generate it...so they deserve better.
I'm not blaming it on the governor -no.
I blame it on its inhabitants because Aba people are dirty, but then I don't blame them.
When I served in Uyo, if u see the way the roads are neat, your mind no go gree you throw sumtyn for ground sef...

2 Likes

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by ketoprofen(m): 11:59am On Aug 29, 2014
Collynzo16:
My problem is not the title of the thread or the OP, I was even ''liking'' some of the pictures until I started seeing comments suggesting that the dirty pictures of Aba are fake. There is no dirtier city in Nigeria than Aba.
This is not the time to relax or pretend, Aba must be made better.

And who is relaxing and pretending abt anything here?
And how was Aba made better with the bad pix some of u were posting?
And by saying its the dirtiest city and scaring away people n investment , it has been made better and TA orji has taken note?
U people should really stop this.
Some parts of Ojo LGA in Lagos made me cringe, I hated moving about then till it was very necessary.
I have not seen any lagosian who came here to showcase that swampy, dirty and smelly area.

1 Like

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by benELOHIM7(m): 12:02pm On Aug 29, 2014
vote DR. IKECHUKWU OGAH for governor if we want almost perfect governance. that man is aborn leader. google his name or google masters energy oil and gas to find out more
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by chinasaekperem: 12:03pm On Aug 29, 2014
I will post more pics, meanwhile let me make one thing clear, aba's population figure is false, the aba I know might contain about 10million people, if the waste management and infrastructural quagmire in aba is gonna be fixed, then the real population figure of aba should be estimated. From here the city can be effectively planned and managed in respect to its population, make I no lie, aba get population die. Working on my ntwrk, brb to post more pics.

2 Likes

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by ketoprofen(m): 12:03pm On Aug 29, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
Did you see any where I said Aba is all bad Sir?
I spent 16yrs of my life in Lagos
-6 in Umuahia/Abia
-1 in Aba.
I can categorically say Aba is messed up. End of discussion. The only thing that I love bout this town is it's industrial, the money that Ariaria generates in a day, I mean cash, I'm not sure Balogun/Alaba mkt can generate it...so they deserve better.
I'm not blaming it on the governor -no.
I blame it on its inhabitants because Aba people are dirty, but then I don't blame them.
When I served in Uyo, if u see the way the roads are neat, your mind no go gree you throw sumtyn for ground sef...

Its OK sha.
personally, I wl blame the governor too.
u said the sanitation of uyo won't make u drop dirt, but there is little govtal sanitation in Aba to start with .
And I don't know y the residents in those bad areas have not come together to do sth abt this .
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by Arysexy(m): 12:04pm On Aug 29, 2014
ketoprofen:

And who is relaxing and pretending abt anything here?
And how was Aba made better with the bad pix some of u were posting?
And by saying its the dirtiest city and scaring away people n investment , it has been made better and TA orji has taken note?
U people should really stop this.
Some parts of Ojo LGA in Lagos made me cringe, I hated moving about then till it was very necessary.
I have not seen any lagosian who came here to showcase that swampy, dirty and smelly area.

That's my point, u show case ur strength first while mounting pressure on the govt to do more. Aba and onitsha lost many entrepreneurs and investors to lagos and it's our duty to bring these our sons back by showing the giantstrides achieved so far.

That's the spirit I love in spyder's Enughu thread. Many of our people are now thinking home, let's develop our land.

Together each achieve more TEAM

5 Likes

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by chy101: 12:06pm On Aug 29, 2014
Aba is still far better than the mud and rust region..

2 Likes

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by chinasaekperem: 12:09pm On Aug 29, 2014
If you think aba is dirty and rough visit these areas in lagos: idimu, alimosho, egbe, oshodi, isolo, ojo, ijesha, alapere, kosofe, ketu, abule egba, ilasamaja, kirikiri, oloosha, mushin, shomolu, bariga in lagos, I was in these places during my I.t years, I bet you, you will come back and thank me.

4 Likes

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 29, 2014
ketoprofen:

Its OK sha.
personally, I wl blame the governor too.
u said the sanitation of uyo won't make u drop dirt, but there is little govtal sanitation in Aba to start with .
And I don't know y the residents in those bad areas have not come together to do sth abt this .
Is that thing sanitation, that you can only dispose refuse from 5pm-9pm.
When I was serving in uyo, I lived @ Abak Road housing estate, I lost count of how many disposal points we had in that Estate, @ every entrance of the estate there was 1 or 2.

But now I stay in Aba, Eziama GRA, only 1 is very close to me @Brass junction. Sometimes I would get there and it will be filled, I can't drop it on the floor, they would ask me to go and come back the next day. Or better still I have to drive down further, when I know fully well that da 1 wud be filled too.

So, I just have to pay those peeps that arrange the refuse, then they allow me drop it on the floor.

Aba people will complain o, but they always find a way of adapting. That's why I like them.
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by Arysexy(m): 12:12pm On Aug 29, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
When I was serving in uyo, I lived @ Abak Road housing estate, I lost count of how many disposal points we had in that Estate, @ every entrance of the estate there was 1 or 2.

But now I stay in Aba, Eziama GRA, only 1 is very close to me @Brass junction. Sometimes I would get there and it will be filled, I can't drop it on the floor, they would ask me to go and come back the next day. Or better still I have to drive down further, when I know fully well that da 1 wud be filled too.

So, I just have to pay those peeps that arrange the refuse, then they allow me drop it on the floor.

U contributed to Ava's dirty state if u paid to drop ur refuse on the floor. So why complain about the inhabitants

1 Like

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by priscaoge(f): 12:16pm On Aug 29, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

Lmao cheesy Maybe u need to take a Keke to Union bank junction Or that one @ Asa road by Jubilee just to throw ur dirt cheesy. Their governor need to step up in rehabilitating and sanitizing Aba.
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 29, 2014
chinasaekperem: If you think aba is dirty and rough visit these areas in lagos: idimu, alimosho, egbe, oshodi, isolo, ojo, ijesha, alapere, kosofe, ketu, abule egba, ilasamaja, kirikiri, oloosha, mushin, shomolu, bariga in lagos, I was in these places during my I.t years, I bet you, you will come back and thank me.
I stayed in Lagos, I even lived @ that Ilasa before God blessed us.
So I draw my inference right, you can't compare Lagos to Aba pls.
How many major towns does Lagos have?
Abia state has just two, Umuahia/Aba?
-So tell me, if 2 major towns can't be effectively managed, what would have been the case if they had as many towns as Lagos?
That's how you should be drawing your inference.
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 29, 2014
Arysexy:

U contributed to Ava's dirty state if u paid to drop ur refuse on the floor. So why complain about the inhabitants
I paid to drop it on the floor because they actually pack them up, they have this ladder they use to place them up...the refuse tank is really high unlike the one in Uyo that my hand can easily reach across.
You don't expect me to start climbing that ladder, do you?
I just pay them, bc I know they would climb and put it in. The way I actually package my bin, it looks like a present.
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by ketoprofen(m): 12:21pm On Aug 29, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

Aba people will complain o, but they always find a way of adapting. That's why I like them.
U didn't get me sef.
I said Aba has little or no sanitation unlike some cities , so dropping tnz anyhow will be easy for inhabitants.
My grouse is that areas like these existed in Aba and all we had Been seeing for like 9years of nl were the bad sides.
E no make sense nah.
Do u know how many entrepreneurs it must have lost to those parochial threads.
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by chinasaekperem: 12:25pm On Aug 29, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
I stayed in Lagos, I even lived @ that Ilasa before God blessed us.
So I draw my inference right, you can't compare Lagos to Aba pls.
How many major towns does Lagos have?
Abia state has just two, Umuahia/Aba?
-So tell me, if 2 major towns can't be effectively managed, what would have been the case if they had as many towns as Lagos?
That's how you should be drawing your inference.
ilasa is just like on area too in aba, is not as if its big enough to be a town, mind you am not here to discuss the ineffectiveness of abia state govt (which is a known fact) but am here just to show people that aba still have nice places.

1 Like

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 29, 2014
ketoprofen:
U didn't get me sef.
I said Aba has little or no sanitation unlike some cities , so dropping tnz anyhow will be easy for inhabitants.
My grouse is that areas like these existed in Aba and all we had Been seeing for like 9years of nl were the bad sides.
E no make sense nah.
Do u know how many entrepreneurs it must have lost to those parochial threads.
Those entrepreneurs never ready to come. Very easy for them o, Aba people don't hear word @all. Yea, truetalk tho...@lost entrepreneurs.
Shun these pics o, this places(Ekenna/Eziama GRA) now are where the so called big people in Aba live...and they are like this. Try imagine how the other side go be, u get my point?

If the person(business man) can just be ready for the rainy season, then he/she is good to go.
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 29, 2014
chinasaekperem: ilasa is just like on area too in aba, is not as if its big enough to be a town, mind you am not here to discuss the ineffectiveness of abia state govt (which is a known fact) but am here just to show people that aba still have nice places.
I never said Ilasa is a town, but we both know the major towns in Lagos. Abia state has just two(Aba/Umuahia) as far as I'm concerned.
Ilasa is not like any area in Aba, maybe osisioma, of which isn't even a fair comparison...but I can make do we that. What happens to the rest. Yea, I get your point @ show casing the good sides of Abia state, I'm just saying if you have to draw inference (using Abia/Lagos). It doesn't add up.
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by Slizbeat(m): 12:35pm On Aug 29, 2014
Op, thanks a million.

A lot of people, especially from the SW who have never crossed Ore be posting internet pictures of igboland as far back as 15 years, claiming it's recent.

Truth be told, if not for Federal government roads, The SE is the most accessible by land. I have been to almost all SE States except Ebonyi and i am convinced that in 15 years time, the region will hit a hundred million population with 12-20% foreigners. Currently, it has a population of over 42 million(forget about the wuru wuru census).
Anambra and Imo posses close to 11 million each, enugu has about 8-9 million. Abia as about 7 and ebonyi has 4-5 million.

God bless everyone who supports truth.

2 Likes

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by chinasaekperem: 12:38pm On Aug 29, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
I never said Ilasa is a town, but we both know the major towns in Lagos. Abia state has just two(Aba/Umuahia) as far as I'm concerned.
Ilasa is not like any area in Aba, maybe osisioma, of which isn't even a fair comparison...but I can make do we that. What happens to the rest. Yea, I get your point @ show casing the good sides of Abia state, I'm just saying if you have to draw inference (using Abia/Lagos). It doesn't add up.
I don hear madam, its not as if I stay or I'm an ngwa man, a typical resident of ilasa shares the plight of an aba slum dweller, that's an established fact...
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by Ubomeze: 12:45pm On Aug 29, 2014
Thanks for the pictures. I lived in Aba from 1977 to the 1990s and i remember when the roads were being built newly by late Sam Mbakwe in the 1980s. It was a massive job at the time with the whole city turned into a construction site. The gutters used to be cleared out once a month by all the residents. From the pics you have shown they are the same roads Mbakwe built they just need maintenance and good drainage. Faulks road has always suffered from flooding but was resolved by rebuilding the drainage. We must take note that Aba is on a flat surface and lies below sea level.
chinasaekperem: I will post more pics, meanwhile let me make one thing clear, aba's population figure is false, the aba I know might contain about 10million people, if the waste management and infrastructural quagmire in aba is gonna be fixed, then the real population figure of aba should be estimated. From here the city can be effectively planned and managed in respect to its population, make I no lie, aba get population die. Working on my ntwrk, brb to post more pics.
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by Unemadu: 12:51pm On Aug 29, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

Madam u dont understand what is going on here. Do u know how surprised i was to see these pics? And im sure many peeps were too.

The only image i have about ABA is Dirt Dirt and more Dirt.

im sure if i had met u and u told me you were from Aba i would have pictured u in DIRT! Thats how bad.

3 Likes

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by Nobody: 12:59pm On Aug 29, 2014
Unemadu:

Madam u dont understand what is going on here. Do u know how surprised i was to see these pics? And im sure many peeps were too.

The only image i have about ABA is Dirt Dirt and more Dirt.

im sure if i had met u and u told me you were from Aba i would have pictured in DIRT! Thats how bad.
Yea, that's why you should have read my previous post. I never argued that Aba has neat sides. This are our major roads, they don't have a choice than to be neat.

Aba is not really as dirty as dey paint it tho...but it's dirty.

1 Like

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by konjakonja(m): 1:18pm On Aug 29, 2014
I always laugh at some fools whenever they say that Aba is the most dirty place in Nigeria. The truth is that except for bad roads,the city of Aba is can compete with Abuja and Lagos when it comes to mordern structures.

1 Like

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by swedbase(m): 1:19pm On Aug 29, 2014
Op God bless you, I used to think that Aba is one hell shit but now i know better. Smh at yoruba propagada against Igbo cities

1 Like

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by konjakonja(m): 1:20pm On Aug 29, 2014
Seun seun do the right thing....move it to front page

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Designed Off-road Wheel Chair For Wife To Go Places And People Are Demanding / How To Get To Murtala Mohammed Airport From Ojota / How To Study Free In Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.