Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,942 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme (17472 Views)

Federal Government Suspends Doctors Residency Training / FG Suspends Residency Training!! / LUTH calls for residents..Residency Training Program In Nigeria..info (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by phantom(m): 5:01pm On Aug 29, 2014
Wagasigiungu: Hmmnn. Can't help but make a comment here. I hv been keenly following the discourse in this thread and others on NL and other online forums/blogs since the onset of the strike action by members of the NMA/NARD. I must say I am dismayed by the response of nigerians. It all goes to show the level of patriotism we have. How can we prosper as a Nation with this mindset? We have,on one hand the medical doctors, (believed by most to be highly intellectual), and the other hand members of JOHESU ( with,talented and seasoned experts and intellectuals ,some of who even have PhD's) and finally the general public. Please and please my dear brothers and sisters let's sit back and have a rethink. What will it profit us to persistently be @ each others throat? Health-care is a team-work. No cadre of health care worker is easily dispensable from the cleaner,attendants,nurses, pharmacists, MLS,Drs etc.

I agree! but how will there be peace when people have started encroaching. they can't stick to their job descriptions.

look without mincing words,there is so much jealousy.there is hatred for the doctor.
I agree some doctors have not done well but the other people want to be doctors.
I have seen lab guys and nurses that went back to read medicine. I have never seen the reverse. that should tell you what direction the gradient is in.

6 Likes

Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by GodZilla31: 5:02pm On Aug 29, 2014
adeoladrg: grin grin Mumu doctors!

I thought you guys were mini gods? I thought you guys were immortal? grin

See what your arrogance has caused! 0% public sympathy! Which sympathy sef? The public you neglected for your selfish demands? Do you know how many people died as a result of your untenable demands? They even said Ebola was not going to make them call it off, that was when I knew we had been patronizing mad men in white lab coats.

Now go to work silently and don't let me hear strike again!!

grin

Secrets Reporters @fejirooliver86
I am being magnanimous in giving you
back your job, President Jonathan tells
resident doctors. Thank you Mr
President.
you should have gone to take the place of doctors. You seem to enjoy showing the whole world your beef. You talk of public sympathy- who are they sympathising with. The sympathy doesn't put a meal on the table. Once the license is there, the programme can be scrapped 10 times . People are in the programme for the certificate not the money. Well certificate will translate to money and reputation and better management of the 0% sympathising public. clueless government.

5 Likes

Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 29, 2014
IzyLuv:
Dts not my point...
My pointing out d health care in Chad is dat it may be considered little when compared to d so-called giant of Africa... but some thing z working for them.
Okay. I misunderstood you.

phantom: on a lighter note,one of my crazy doctor friend says;

relativity is a situation where a male doc can marry a female johesuite but a male johesuite cannot marry a female doc. grin grin

haba... lol.
I have male pharmacists friends married to Doctors nah and vice versa.
In fact, a couple I know well are currently having their honeymoon in the states.

Infact, medico girls were one of the easiest girls to make friends with back in Uni. Dem dey get fine babes sha... I be sharp engr. guy smiley

*The last paragraph contains hidden message* grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 29, 2014
Bertbert: . Fat lie,were they demanding for MOST of their demands or ALL of their demands at initial stage? Leave that thing we know what happened,now their tails have been cut,they can never mention anything STRI not to talk of mentioning STRIKE as they now go back to work.They have now seen that apprentice is never bigger than his master. Anyway we always pray for the best in this country because katakata no dey pay
I ve never seen one of your kind get a medical degree just for the sake of getting it, albeit to prove that it's not such a big deal. When I encounter one, then I ll start taking losers like you seriously.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by MT: 5:07pm On Aug 29, 2014
The FG triumphs in this and the medical doctors lost it. By just suspending the residency training, the strike action went flat. The resident doctors developed cold feet and started to question the consultants. The drs then took to the street on a peaceful demonstration for public support which was zero anyway. The consultants quietly used ebola as an excuse (after they have said they wud never resume as a result of ebola) to resume. This is good for the public, there is a template to deal with the medical doctors or any erring professionals within the hospital. They will think twice before embarking on a strike again as there might not be any "magnanimity" next time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by Toksytoks(m): 5:07pm On Aug 29, 2014
mencade5: look at this paralysed maggots. Thunder fire your mouth there. Idiiiooots!

You and your fake doctors are brainless. Money conscious doctors without sense.

May you contact ebola on your scrotum. Bastard!

If you ever step your foot into any hospital to consult a doctor in Nigeria, you will never survive that affliction. It will be your last day, you ungrateful individual. Except a doctor was not present when you were delivered or you were not treated by a doctor as a child. The next time you sit in front of a doctor,the words you typed above will haunt you. Everyone will come in contact will a doctor at on point in time, whether as a patient or as a corpse. Pray to God that a doctor should be the one to certify you dead the day you breathe your last, corpse of people like you should be eaten by vultures.

I don't understand the hate. Go to medical school if you feel you can be better than the brainless crop of doctors we have.

12 Likes

Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 29, 2014
phantom:

I agree! but how will there be peace when people have started encroaching. they can't stick to their job descriptions.

look without mincing words,there is so much jealousy.there is hatred for the doctor.
I agree some doctors have done well but the other people want to be doctors.
I have seen lab guys and nurses that went back to read medicine. I have never seen the reverse. that should tell you what direction the gradient is in.
That is very common here in the US and Canada. There is no way one can get into med school without a first degree. Most people take nursing or biological sciences to increase their chances of making the cut. The med schools in Canada for example are crazily competitive. same applies to Pharmacy and Law.
I don't think it's cos of hate, but because of career choice.
Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by einsteino(m): 5:08pm On Aug 29, 2014
casket: I can now dust my books...really enjoying the free leave !

Not going to be business as usual anymore #theydonotlikeus !

I like doctors, inshort most times when I go to d hospital its either I end up crushing on a nurse or a student doc but who would love a doctor who goes by the moniker CASKET lipsrsealed

Pls repent o!

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by thaqib(m): 5:17pm On Aug 29, 2014
Jaygrl: Pls tell our doctors...I don't know why the unnecessary struggle for power.
Abi make he tell johesuites, who suddenly woke ^ and wants 2 be doctors without going 2 medical school..

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by mencade5(m): 5:17pm On Aug 29, 2014
Toksytoks:

If you ever step your foot into any hospital to consult a doctor in Nigeria, you will never survive that affliction. It will be your last day, you ungrateful individual. Except a doctor was not present when you were delivered or you were not treated by a doctor as a child. The next time you sit in front of a doctor,the words you typed above will haunt you. Everyone will come in contact will a doctor at on point in time, whether as a patient or as a corpse. Pray to God that a doctor should be the one to certify you dead the day you breathe your last, corpse of people like you should be eaten by vultures.

I don't understand the hate. Go to medical school if you feel you can be better than the brainless crop of doctors we have.
bastard...good for nothing no brainer like you.
Nigerian doctors are thieves. Always looking for money, never ready to work.

The number of souls killed in teaching hospital and general hospitals are uncountable. Yet these goats want more money from the governement.

They come to hospital from 10am, attend to few patients then run to their private hospitals by 12pm. Useless people.

Devils incarnate on human form.

You visit them when you are well, they add more sorrow when you leave them. Bastards! That is what you all are!

To add: may amadioha strike your mouth there. Brainless pig
Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by monex(m): 5:18pm On Aug 29, 2014
lilprinze: is like FG brains have now starting
functioning. if not how would a
reasonable government just sack 16000 doctors or workers who are fighting for their rights or what they are entitled to. IN Nigeria is you want anything from government you have to go on strike or protest before they would know you are serious and answer you.

they had no intention of sacking them. i think they just wanted to meet "irrationality" with irrationality.
we see this in negotiations a lot
Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by GodZilla31: 5:21pm On Aug 29, 2014

See what your arrogance has caused! 0% public sympathy! Which sympathy sef? The public you neglected for your selfish demands? Do you know how many people died as a result of your untenable demands? They even said Ebola was not going to make them call it off, that was when I knew we had been patronizing mad men in white lab coats.

grin

President.
you should have gone to take the place of doctors. You seem to enjoy showing the whole world your beef. You talk of public sympathy- who are they sympathising with. The sympathy doesn't put a meal on the table. Once the license is there, the programme can be scrapped 10 times . People are in the programme for the certificate not the money. Well certificate will translate to money and reputation and better management of the 0% sympathising public. clueless government. clowns

3 Likes

Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by thaqib(m): 5:22pm On Aug 29, 2014
Toksytoks:

mehnnnn, that's very harsh. Let's pray for them 'Baba dari jiwon, won o mo n ton ko'

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by Oduduwaboy(m): 5:27pm On Aug 29, 2014
bonnybonco: The fear of Residency suspension is the beginning of wisdom. Next time u want to go on strike, u remember that Residency training program is on review. After all a trainee should pay and not to be paid and has not right of Labour unionism and his Trainer can determine to terminate his training program if the trainee is not performing
Are you talking about slavery here or medical residency training? this display of imbecilic ignorance is reason sensible people believe only doctors should head the hospitals as in the US!
Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by adeoladrg(m): 5:30pm On Aug 29, 2014
Toksytoks:

The pain is real!!

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by Oduduwaboy(m): 5:31pm On Aug 29, 2014
MT: The FG triumphs in this and the medical doctors lost it. By just suspending the residency training, the strike action went flat. The resident doctors developed cold feet and started to question the consultants. The drs then took to the street on a peaceful demonstration for public support which was zero anyway. The consultants quietly used ebola as an excuse (after they have said they wud never resume as a result of ebola) to resume. This is good for the public, there is a template to deal with the medical doctors or any erring professionals within the hospital. They will think twice before embarking on a strike again as there might not be any "magnanimity" next time.
in your dreams boy!
Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by phantom(m): 5:34pm On Aug 29, 2014
saxywale:

Okay. I misunderstood you.

haba... lol.
I have male pharmacists friends married to Doctors nah and vice versa.
In fact, a couple I know well are currently having their honeymoon in the states.

Infact, medico girls were one of the easiest girls to make friends with back in Uni. Dem dey get fine babes sha... I be sharp engr. guy smiley

*The last paragraph contains hidden message* grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by McStoic(m): 5:36pm On Aug 29, 2014
Toksytoks:

Government does not pay for their exams, update courses , exam materials and all. What Government pays for is the work these resident do on a daily basis. The average resident in surgery does or assist in carrying out an average of 20 surgeries in a month, you honestly feel that they do not deserve to be paid ?

How come private hospitals like Eko hospital pay their resident doctors even better than what FG pays, Are they that magnanimous or you feel they have money to throw around.

The Hospital is a combination of a training and working environment.
Government does not pay for their updates courses, exams, exam materials.......Oh stop the fibs already! Only you knows what you mean by that or who you are trying to misinform. Government pays for you'll updates and exams big time. I don't wanna sound unduly confrontational, but on the hand, you know that even the so called residents who partake in the 20 surgeries you talk about are also learning. As students don't you think they ought to pay too? Na wa oooo.
Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by ozo13(m): 5:43pm On Aug 29, 2014
adeoladrg:

Which demands? NMA slammed a whooping 24 point demand on the table and FG probably granted one or two relating to salaries and you're here claiming victory!

The sacking of the residents brought about the end of the NMA strike. Honestly, I've only seen this approach applied during a soccer game by the likes of Alex Ferguson and the Jose Mourinho's. I never thought FG could pull a stunt like this. Epic! Ignorance ignoramus at its peak...u think any doctor can jus apply for d residency work abi....please try Google somefins out and read DM wt ya coconut head

To those of you who don't understand the FG vs NMA game. It's simple, FG sacked the resident doctors knowing that they constitute a larger percentage of medical doctors. NARD then voted massively to suspend the strike, this same phantom brought us live reports from their AGM or EDM, whatever they call it. NARD now is crying foul, claiming they were betrayed, it's all over the internet. It was all in the plan to have them reinstated when the strike is over!

Just so you know, the Yayale Ahmed committee is back from its trip to the US. Consultancy issue is still in court, others will be resolved. There's no winner or loser in this fight. You can only hold your heads in ignominy and face your work grin

Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by Toksytoks(m): 5:43pm On Aug 29, 2014
mencade5: bastard...good for nothing no brainer like you.
Nigerian doctors are thieves. Always looking for money, never ready to work.

The number of souls killed in teaching hospital and general hospitals are uncountable. Yet these goats want more money from the governement.

They come to hospital from 10am, attend to few patients then run to their private hospitals by 12pm. Useless people.

Devils incarnate on human form.

You visit them when you are well, they add more sorrow when you leave them. Bastards! That is what you all are!

To add: may amadioha strike your mouth there. Brainless pig

The number of souls killed by the doctors or by your government who refuse to equip your hospitals, no diagnostic facilities , no health insurance, no drugs. why don't they kill when our doctors travel out of the country to practice. your dishonorable health minister mentioned it that 2710 doctors left the country last year.

29,000 in the US, 4,000 in the UK..

I still stand by my words.....If you ever step your foot into any hospital to consult a doctor in Nigeria, you will never survive that affliction.It will be your last day, you ungrateful individual. Except a doctor was not present when you were delivered or you were not treated by a doctor as a child. The next time you sit in front of a doctor,the words you typed above will haunt you..

5 Likes

Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by thaqib(m): 5:48pm On Aug 29, 2014
MT: The FG triumphs in this and the medical doctors lost it. By just suspending the residency training, the strike action went flat. The resident doctors developed cold feet and started to question the consultants. The drs then took to the street on a peaceful demonstration for public support which was zero anyway. The consultants quietly used ebola as an excuse (after they have said they wud never resume as a result of ebola) to resume. This is good for the public, there is a template to deal with the medical doctors or any erring professionals within the hospital. They will think twice before embarking on a strike again as there might not be any "magnanimity" next time.
jonathan would be happy reading your post, saying there are still some nigerians who tink I am God sent. Were you @ the TAN rally?
Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by mencade5(m): 5:49pm On Aug 29, 2014
Toksytoks:

The number of souls killed by the doctors or by your government who refuse to equip your hospitals, no diagnostic facilities , no health insurance, no drugs. why don't they kill when our doctors travel out of the country to practice. your dishonorable health minister mentioned it that 2710 doctors left the country last year.

29,000 in the US, 4,000 in the UK..

I still stand by my words.....If you ever step your foot into any hospital to consult a doctor in Nigeria, you will never survive that affliction.It will be your last day, you ungrateful individual. Except a doctor was not present when you were delivered or you were not treated by a doctor as a child. The next time you sit in front of a doctor,the words you typed above will haunt you..

look at this goat. When reasoning speaks about words, you should shut up.
Dont dare me. If you think you have words in your tongue to spit, then take yours.

I curse you back with the same words you speak. Your shall not live long to continue with evil lifestyle of yours. I boomerang every fetish statement you have spoken and declare it to go back to you.
Your swear words shall upon your own head.
When you wish other people death, you will be the one die.
So shall it be.

You this beast.
Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by Toksytoks(m): 6:06pm On Aug 29, 2014
mencade5: look at this goat. When reasoning speaks about words, you should shut up.
Dont dare me. If you think you have words in your tongue to spit, then take yours.

I curse you back with the same words you speak. Your shall not live long to continue with evil lifestyle of yours. I boomerang every fetish statement you have spoken and declare it to go back to you.
Your swear words shall upon your own head.
When you wish other people death, you will be the one die.
So shall it be.

You this beast.

I put a clause to it that if you ever set foot in any hospital to consult a Nigerian doctor... since you know they are bastards as you call them. why e dey pain you. They are 'bastard"

The curse will land on you the day you sit in front of a doctor or lie on his couch to seek for his/her counsel.

6 Likes

Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by phibah: 6:10pm On Aug 29, 2014
ENOUGH OF THIS SHOW OF HATRED HERE..IT'S BY THE GRACE OF GOD THAT WE ARE WHO WE ARE TODAY....NO MAN RECEIVES ANYTHING UNLESS IT'S GIVEN FROM ABOVE....THANK GOD FOR WHO YOU ARE AND ASPIRE TO GET ANY HEIGHT..WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

MAY GOD NOT HOLD US ACCOUNTABLE FOR ALL THE BAD THINGS WE'VE SAID ON THIS FORUM IN JESUS..AMEN

HAPPY WEEKEND TO US ALL..

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by sartorius(m): 6:10pm On Aug 29, 2014
Amen
Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by mencade5(m): 6:11pm On Aug 29, 2014
Toksytoks:

I put a clause to it that if you ever set foot in any hospital to consult a Nigerian doctor... since you know they are bastards as you call them. why e dey pain you. They are 'bastard"

The curse will land on you the day you sit in front of a doctor or lie on his couch to seek for his/her counsel.
i send the curse back to you. Receive it in many folds.

See mumu ooo. Its people like you that is killing nigeria with this i dont care attitude.

You never see anything
Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 29, 2014
Thank God ooooo!!!!but Ebola is yet to be fully contained, am scared. cry cryq
Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by Sirgen05(m): 7:11pm On Aug 29, 2014
mencade5: i send the curse back to you. Receive it in many folds.

See mumu ooo. Its people like you that is killing nigeria with this i dont care attitude.

You never see anything

I suppose u r above 25yrs

I suppose you're an undergraduate or a graduate

I suppose you're mature enough

I suppose you've got a job /working

I suppose you're married!!!

I suppose you're a worker in the health sector

Assuming one of these is correct then I plead with u, your abuses on fellow human beings are well beyond anyone possessing any of the above suppositions!

Pls, you're far better than those who display such characters!!!!

Do something about your ease and freedom to abuse!!
Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by Ashuale(m): 7:14pm On Aug 29, 2014
Silence indeed is the best answer for a fool. I don't know why some people can't just be a good reprentative of their parents. Calling doctors mumu. You are probably broken hearted because you could not become a doctor so you ended up becoming a janitor or a nurse through one sharp corner school with even a deficient result and you want to strive to cause chaos in health sector. Let me tell you, no matter how long a goat stays with a lion, it cannot be a lion.

grin

President.

8 Likes

Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by rotadeco27: 7:16pm On Aug 29, 2014
I now understand this politics, oga jona try small.He pronounced the sack, sent Mr David,immediately paid the skipping arrears(2mths) as promised.He then lifted the ban nd pay the salary even of the sack period.80% of 24 points demand of NMA met, more money to their pockets, drs remain d C.md, the qtn is who wins. Let every one b put to where they belong nd stop this power tussle tin pls.pple talk abt health profession being a team wok, is there any team without a team leader, either directly or otherwise, nurses carry out the documented drs orders, plans or intruction as d case may b, he or she(drs) calls lab person into action, dictating d kind of investigations to brace up the diagnosis, he or she prescribs the drugs for famcist to dispense.who is the team leader? All other members of the team are however impt as they contribute immensely to px care.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by mencade5(m): 7:25pm On Aug 29, 2014
Sirgen05:

I suppose u r above 25yrs

I suppose you're an undergraduate or a graduate

I suppose you're mature enough

I suppose you've got a job /working

I suppose you're married!!!

I suppose you're a worker in the health sector

Assuming one of these is correct then I plead with u, your abuses on fellow human beings are well beyond anyone possessing any of the above suppositions!

Pls, you're far better than those who display such characters!!!!

Do something about your ease and freedom to abuse!!
why is ur thinking like this. Cant u use ur common sense for once? The other guy is abusing me and you didnt see that?

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by 1miccza: 7:44pm On Aug 29, 2014
waterhouse071: I thought clueless Nigerians and their clueless government prefer nurses to doctors. let countries with value for human life continue to absorb them, at least USA already has 10000 and UK 4000 Nigerian doctors.

My friend!!!Nigerians would always stand against senseless agitations and meaningless strikes... Them for no call off the strike wether even bricklayer no go apply for their post Mttchew!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Do You Dispose Placenter After Child Birth / ‘747,853 Females Among 1,090,233 Nigerians On HIV Treatment’ / Horrifying Things That Can Happen During Pregnancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.