Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) (51201 Views)

Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning / Boat Mishap Kills Scores In Bonny River / Accident At Sangotedo, Ajah In Lagos This Afternoon (viewers Discretion Advised) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) by allisonluvsu(m): 8:30am On Aug 30, 2014
Watch video of Bonny mishap victims below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJlIJx7g6KA

Video Credits: http://loadedvilla.com/bonny-boat-mishap-4-nysc-members-dies/
Watch video below
Re: Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) by smoothlips(m): 8:32am On Aug 30, 2014
desgiezd: So, so sad. RIP to the dead.

I need someone to enlighten me on this, I can see a life jacket lying down there, there's also a life jacket around the body of one guy there, does it mean that they didnt work or what happened?
Find time some day and travel on boat in Nigeria..most of those jackets are either torn or there's no rope to tie it to d passenger's body..it's like sit belts in commercial buses
Re: Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) by johnnychuks(m): 9:02am On Aug 30, 2014
how do we no that this victims were being giving life jacket b4 they emback on that joney! how many people died and how many life jacket are we seeing on the grand over there? cus i hv traveld 4fm ph to bony 4 many ocations, we are six on boad, were i hv been denied of life jacket, the army & navil slogishly provide one for us! i now asck the captain question that wat about if enything happen to us now on this deep sea? he replied me that i shouls start to pray 4d joney. it's only when you are coming back 4fm bony that's when they make it mandatry foy to use the life jacket.
Re: Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) by Sageez(m): 9:21am On Aug 30, 2014
ogb5:

With people reasoning like you, Nigeria have a very long way to go. There are many things the state government and Rivers state ministry of transport could have done to prevent this accident.

First, all accidents are caused by someone. There is no accident that can not be prevented. You need to understand this point before discussing accidents and accident prevention. If you do not get this point then please dont bother reading further.

secondly, the Rivers state government should have set up minimum safety standards which boat operators are to adher to to prevent accidents. Those standards are no where to be seen.

Rivers state government is supposed to specify the type and size of floatation devices each person is to wear before boarding water craft. Those specification are no where to be found.

Rivers state government is supposed to licence each boat used for public transport and certify that they are sea worthy before being used, the certifification is also supposed to specify the number of persons and maximum weight the boat is allowed to carry. THis requirement is non existent.

Boat drivers are supposed to be certified to ensure that people lives are not entrusted into the hands of incompetent people. This is not being done.

lastly those who cause the death of others through these types of preventable accidents ought to be taken to court and jailed for manslaughter by the rivers state government as a deterrent to others, this is not being done.

In summary officials of the Rivers state ministry of transport are grossly incompetent to supervise the activity of water transportation in Rivers state hence we are seeing these types of preventable accidents.
if d accident had happened mayb sumwer else lik fakpa or any oda part of d ph-bny river, it would hav bin a diff story, buh @ peterside, anytin can hapen dude. I dnt use d ph-bny rout if am goin to ph, i frst go to boduh by boad whch is shorter n safer de i pick a bus or bike to my destination. Peterside is nt a childs play dude
Re: Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) by bankyblue(m): 9:28am On Aug 30, 2014
MichaelSokoto:
Only u waka kome, only u dey yan okpata, only u dey kall pesin wey if dem sell u plus ya family 2geda, d money wey gor kome out nor gor reach d pocket money wey d Amaechi dey dash him house boy angry
Very soon only u go waka back 2 ya bed 7, ward 5, maternity komplex, Yaba-left hosipitu grin

........ that shows that u came from a cheap HOME.
Re: Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) by bankyblue(m): 9:31am On Aug 30, 2014
austertee01:

I can't just imagine some people comment like that of Rat.... Na Amechi cause the mishap

.........it pains me that some reason like shi*t tongue
Re: Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) by bankyblue(m): 9:31am On Aug 30, 2014
Nicepoker: then go and die

not yet wink
Re: Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 4:32pm On Aug 30, 2014
May their Souls rest in peace
Re: Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) by luvdy(m): 4:55pm On Aug 30, 2014
take a close look at their feet and palm,it looks pale.their stomach is not bloated too.they could have died from hypothermia,dehydration n shock as a result of cold n extreme harsh conditions .who knws hw long dey where in that water cold n salty water.RIP

1 Like

Re: Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) by mauriceminor: 4:40am On May 13, 2017
pls help me.I was posted to bonny.and I fear water.please hw can I overcome my fear and travel to bonny island.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Kills A Big Snake And Is Selling It On The Road (Photos) / A Big Monitor Lizard Killed In My Neighborhood / Gaboon Viper Killed In My Neighbourhood Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.